I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Forum Events (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   THE FORUM EVENT COMMENTARY THREAD (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20578)

Mockery Mar 19th, 2006 03:14 PM

THE FORUM EVENT COMMENTARY THREAD

Ok, if you wish to discuss a forum event that's going on, please do it in this thread rather than in the actual thread that the contest is taking place.

Matt Harty Mar 19th, 2006 05:48 PM

people shouldnt be allowed to completely stray off the storyline

Mockery Mar 20th, 2006 01:39 PM

Yeah I gotta agree with that. If someone's post isn't funny, a person doesn't have to reply and make fun of that post... that's not going to help the "story" progress. And if a person wants to change the direction that a story is going, that's fine, but you gotta at least have a good segue into it.

On a side note, these are some real good prizes I'm puttin' up for you guys and I'm gonna keep doing it every month because I want to help make the boards that much more fun. I hope more of you will start entering these things. There's a lot of funny people on these forums, and it's a shame to see them be lazy and not participate in these storytime contests.

MetalMilitia Mar 20th, 2006 02:14 PM

I would particpate mabey but i've never seen any of the shows which the events are about :(

also most events get so suckified by people i've never heard of I dont feel like adding anything to the comic. :(

Matt Harty Mar 20th, 2006 03:29 PM

I think that's the main problem, which can already be seen in the newest contest. It's too hard to make a continuation of that shit.

Fathom Zero Mar 20th, 2006 05:27 PM

Ditto, but if it was a Laugh In DVD, then I'd be more inclined.

Chojin Mar 20th, 2006 06:15 PM

I don't think the entries should depend on reliance on idiots. These should just be one-shot pictures instead of a story, at least until we have some sort of screening process.

AChimp Mar 28th, 2006 09:00 PM

I think I should be allowed to delete entries that suck.

Jixby Phillips Mar 28th, 2006 11:45 PM

I SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO DELETE YOU THAT SUCKS

AChimp Mar 29th, 2006 11:31 AM

HEY LETS JUST REMEMBER WHO'S AN ADMIN HERE ALLRIGHT????

Juttin Mar 31st, 2006 11:26 PM

charles incharge I willfightyou!

I'm the Faggot!

That aside,I think entries made with MSPaint should be deleted.

Also,the one with the "Fecal Matter" everywhere.

It isn't funny >:

MLE Apr 1st, 2006 01:28 AM

Rule 9. Images must be manipulated in some way.
Do not just take a screenshot and add word bubbles.

MORE THAN HALF THE ENTRIES ARE THIS >: >: >:

Jixby Phillips Apr 1st, 2006 03:43 AM

I like the ones where i turned it upside down

Jeff The Ninja Apr 9th, 2006 09:09 PM

Quote:

That aside,I think entries made with MSPaint should be deleted.
I disagree, I think that if a submission is funny or relevant it should stay. It shouldnt matter if it was made in MSPaint or photoshop (remember, some of us dont have enough money to purchuase a copy of photoshop or we lack the computer power to run it).

But I think that there should be some kind of screening put in place to keep the bad submissions out. This newest event as well as the electric company one dont have the same value as the path of neo, too many idiots putting in shit and dick jokes.

GADZOOKS Apr 16th, 2006 02:18 AM

I agree with one-shots!

Mockery Apr 16th, 2006 02:01 PM

Voting for the Charles In Charge event will take place soon and then the resutls will be posted. Thanks to those of you who took the time to enter.

Also, another forum event contest will be coming up shortly :o

MarioRPG Apr 18th, 2006 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mockery
Also, another forum event contest will be coming up shortly :o

Hope of it is something I actually know this time. Then again, I'll lose either way.

That Man Apr 19th, 2006 01:13 PM

Eh I'll take a shot at the new contest when it comes out. It can't hurt to try :)

I suck at photoshop.

Mad Melvin Apr 19th, 2006 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by That Man
I suck at photoshop.

Well thats ok. After all you have the amazing skill of writing humorous articles of things that should be destroyed, which is more than enough to compensate that particular flaw.

Emu Apr 22nd, 2006 12:27 AM

I think Chojin just won this contest

Esuohlim Apr 22nd, 2006 12:33 AM

My entry got deleted

Fathom Zero Apr 22nd, 2006 12:47 AM

Porque?

Esuohlim Apr 22nd, 2006 12:51 AM

Robot Frank. :(

Fake robot/human hybrid :sigh

Fathom Zero Apr 22nd, 2006 12:56 AM

I'm sorry. :(

Esuohlim Apr 22nd, 2006 01:08 PM