I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   What are you playing right now? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69697399)

LordSappington Oct 24th, 2010 12:20 AM

Been playing a shitload of Minecraft; that game is too addicting. So far I've built underground forests, an infinitely looping cart track across the ocean, a floating castle, and am now attempting to build Rapture.
This game has got me in its grips bad.

Phoenix Gamma Oct 24th, 2010 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost (Post 701878)
Just found out about Xenoblade but with little to no info on it. Also for the Wii and only in Japan but its supposed to be related to Xenosaga.

Didn't I explain this in this thread earlier? Or is this deja vu?

Quote:

"I wanted to to have some sort of common point with the games I've made," Takahashi explained. "The world setting, story and other elements have no relation. It's a completely new title."

OxBlood Oct 24th, 2010 04:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LordSappington (Post 701909)
Been playing a shitload of Minecraft; that game is too addicting. So far I've built underground forests, an infinitely looping cart track across the ocean, a floating castle, and am now attempting to build Rapture.
This game has got me in its grips bad.

Yeah but it really earns the time you spend with it. If it wasnīt "released" in 2009 it would be my Game of the year 2010, honestly.

How did you build the underground forest? Iīve been trying to do that every now and then but the green fuckers refuse to grow. I suppose the cave I plant them in has to be EVEN bigger than it already is...itīs about 7 or 8 blocks high already...

Sadly (or luckily?) I canīt attempt big projects on the surface cause my authentic Stoneage-Laptop doesnīt have to power for that, so I stick to the caves and mines :D

Iīm so looking forward to the Halloween update. Already build a Hell-Shrine next to my primary tower along with an Obsidian-Hellgate. Doesnīt work yet of course but why not plan ahead and make a stylish entrance to hell...

kahljorn Oct 24th, 2010 07:25 AM

ive been playing dark age of camelot (MMORPG) on a free server

daocportal.net if anybody wants to try it. I play on Uthgard.

LordSappington Oct 24th, 2010 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OxBlood (Post 701915)
Yeah but it really earns the time you spend with it. If it wasnīt "released" in 2009 it would be my Game of the year 2010, honestly.

How did you build the underground forest? Iīve been trying to do that every now and then but the green fuckers refuse to grow. I suppose the cave I plant them in has to be EVEN bigger than it already is...itīs about 7 or 8 blocks high already...

A few things I've noticed: Make sure that the trees each have plenty of space all around (Needs to be room for leaves to grow, most of the time), and that it works best if you make a little trench around the tree and put torches in THAT, instead of right next to it. But sometimes trees just won't fucking grow, for some reason.
I was actually going to grow a house made out of trees; I spent two hours collecting enough saplings, leveled the top of a mountain, put them all in the shape I wanted, and only half of them grew.

10,000 Volt Ghost Oct 24th, 2010 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoenix Gamma (Post 701910)
Didn't I explain this in this thread earlier? Or is this deja vu?

If you did I missed it. Any info on it?

Phoenix Gamma Oct 24th, 2010 09:04 PM

I haven't followed it that closely. All I know is that it's super popular in Japan and it has a bunch of different mechanics that I don't fully comprehend. Not a bloody clue if it's being localized. On the one hand, it's a first party game. On the other hand, I don't think NoA would go through the time/money. They don't really know how to market it either, especially since RPGs have been either lazily brought over to the states or not at all.

I hope at the very least Mistwalker takes a stab at it. Sakaguchi's mah bro.

LordSappington Oct 25th, 2010 12:23 AM

I'm almost done with one of the rooms of Rapture I'm building. The room is 17x24x12 with a glass ceiling. Dear god this is taking forever.

OxBlood Oct 25th, 2010 03:20 AM

Which tells me you're doing it the oldfashioned way which is good :)

For some reason I wanna build the Spencer Mansion from Resident Evil 1... that would be so awesome.

Fathom Zero Oct 25th, 2010 06:43 AM

I unlocked the Kid from I Want To Be The Guy in Super Meat Boy.

I spent literally LITERALLY five hours on the three levels.

Most horrific experience of my life, but I wasn't going to let it beat me. Fuck this game. :explode

OxBlood Oct 25th, 2010 07:03 AM

And there´s my PS3-New Vegas. Finally. Installing...

LordSappington Oct 25th, 2010 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OxBlood (Post 701982)
Which tells me you're doing it the oldfashioned way which is good :)

Dude, fuck those cheat programs. If I'm going to be spending this much time on these super-dorky projects, I might as well be able to say I did it the old-fashioned way.
Also, some pig got on my minecart for my ocean-wide tram system, and hit the boosters right before I could get to it. Fucker was LONG gone.

OxBlood Oct 25th, 2010 03:03 PM

Oh the tales he would´ve told us hadn´t you murdered him once he came back, eh?

Pentegarn Oct 26th, 2010 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kahljorn (Post 701921)
ive been playing dark age of camelot (MMORPG) on a free server

daocportal.net if anybody wants to try it. I play on Uthgard.

I actually still play it on Gaheris

They have a free pve server there?

kahljorn Oct 26th, 2010 07:00 PM

Quote:

I actually still play it on Gaheris

They have a free pve server there?
its like a collection of free servers (they call it project DAWN OF LIgHT or some shit) but from what i can tell only two of them have more than 200 people, but the server lists might not updateorsomeshit. One of em has like instant level 50/rvr and shti. one of em might be a coop server or something

the one ive been playing is CLASSIC/shrouded only so there's nothing after that :( It's not really a co-op server just a normal one, but it has the most people. there's still dungeons but there's no instances. Also there's not a ton of quests, mostly they are in the starting areas/places they expect you to go. the only class that doesn't work (from tOA) is necromancer. they have darkness falls. It kind of sucks in a way and it might not compare to playing live but other than that its mostly the same. A lot of people who used to play live play there, so there must be some kind of a draw.
they ban buffbots and dual boxers ;o

i play on the onecalled UtHgARD

darkvare Oct 26th, 2010 09:10 PM

fuking psn i need my zombie fix of undead nightmare :\

OxBlood Oct 28th, 2010 06:05 PM

Fable 3. Pretty buggy.

Guitar Woman Oct 28th, 2010 07:41 PM

I beat Symphony of the Night completely on accident about halfway through. :[

Guess I wasn't supposed to kill Richter!

Zomboid Oct 28th, 2010 08:38 PM

Nope.

OxBlood Oct 29th, 2010 02:42 AM

Hm, I think I should write John Cleese a mail or a letter or something. As far as I know he´s a cranky bastard, maybe telling him, that Lionhead messed up his character in Fable 3 makes him so mad that he starts calling Molyneux at night until they fix it...god this gets on my nerve. And it makes no fucking sense too. The Butler turns mute and can´t be interacted with and...yeah, that´s it. The most important Sidecharacter is just taken out of the game. Can happen as soon as you get your sanctuary, or at any point during the game. Great designers you got there Peter, really, there´s fucking bugs all over the place. The butler is bugged, the dog is bugged, the golden easymode-line is bugged, enemies are bugged, controls and interface are bugged...fuck man, you´re Lionhead not Obsidian or Jowood!

Oh and this time they lied about the weapon-morphing I think. Didn´t they say it was gonna be superduper realtime ultramorphing?

Guitar Woman Oct 29th, 2010 08:18 AM

By now you should know that anything Peter Molyneux says that sounds too complicated to be true probably is.

Then again, I'm horribly out of touch with video games these days; I still consider the context-sensitive A-button in Zelda 64 to be the height of technological pioneering.

10,000 Volt Ghost Oct 29th, 2010 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 702342)
I beat Symphony of the Night completely on accident about halfway through. :[

Guess I wasn't supposed to kill Richter!

Supposed to kill as Richter.

DougClayton4231 Oct 29th, 2010 10:07 AM

Is it just me, or did Fable get stale during the first one?

Dimnos Oct 29th, 2010 10:27 AM

If you got the Lost Chapters version of the first one it wasnt bad. 2 was good. Have yet to play 3 but from what I have seen of the boy playing it it looks cool. Have yet to see any bug in it either. Sorry Ox. :(

OxBlood Oct 29th, 2010 11:44 AM

Fable 3 is essentially a direct copy of Fable 2 until you become king I guess (I´m not that far yet). You run through small, linear areas, slaughter helpless enemies, your dog doesn´t do shit apart from trying to find dig-spots...with an emphasis on "trying to", you can stand around town getting on peoples nerves which, again seems to serve no purpose, you can mary and raise kids - same thing...the game scores for the beautiful intro and some of the quests. Even the german dub is VERY good most of the time and thats really rare.

But...yeah, it´s even more streamlined than 2. One button for each attack-type, autoaiming, you get one spell to start you off, everything else must be bought on the "road to rule" which is basically just one of the graphical menus of the game. Looks nice, points for creativity but it could´ve been done with a simple and quick menu. The sanctuary menu-room IS pretty quick to load though. You got your hero-weapons (hammer, sword, handgun, rifle) that morph once each time you buy an upgrade for melee or ranged which is mostly just a cosmetic thing but what in Fable isn´t...

If it weren´t for the annoying bugs I wouldn´t complain that much I guess. That and it feels totally underwhelming. I mean I´m no progamer but I beat things like Ninja Gaiden 2 last year. Not that I want that level of difficulty but a little depth would be nice.

Actually...I want to propose a challenge. Anyone of you guys got a dog at home? If so, let him or her play Fable 3 and see how it goes. It should work in theory... :D

10,000 Volt Ghost Oct 29th, 2010 12:39 PM

Does Fable seem like Sim-Warrior?

Dimnos Oct 29th, 2010 12:53 PM

2 was like sim-shoot you in the face with my musket.

darkvare Oct 29th, 2010 10:27 PM

i like fable but the artstyle and story always put me off

Phoenix Gamma Oct 30th, 2010 12:42 AM

Playing Bit.Trip Fate. Music's still awesome. Gameplay's...weird. You're on a rail, but the screen moves forward, so you need to stay on screen, but dodge bullets. So you need to back up and move forward to dodge shit instead of moving 8 directions. And since aiming is done with the remote there's no set rhythm to it. You don't really play the same song/beats, unlike the other games, where you either hit X beat at Y time or miss.

Also ran into Meat Boy while playing. He made my bullets bigger (meatier?) :lol

Runner's still my favorite, but this one's pretty good.

DougClayton4231 Oct 30th, 2010 11:56 AM

I just hate the moral choices in the Fable games. It's either eat a live baby or eat two live babies. WTF?

Dimnos Oct 30th, 2010 05:56 PM

Wtf are you talking about?

darkvare Oct 30th, 2010 07:26 PM

i'm loving undead nightmare is awesome and some of the songs from the soundtrack remind me of grindhouse films

OxBlood Oct 30th, 2010 08:45 PM

Tried out the Minecraft Halloween update...for 3 hours aparently...what the fuck...and it´s okay so far, we got hell to visit now aaaand a watch and fish and I think that´s about it. Still don´t know why Notch introduced a way to fast-travel without implementing a changable spawnpoint first but whatever.

DougClayton4231 Oct 31st, 2010 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimnos (Post 702530)
Wtf are you talking about?

In Fable 3, all of the moral choices boil down to doing something horrifying or extremely horrifying. It's not really a good system.

Btw, Happy Halloween everybody!

OxBlood Oct 31st, 2010 10:19 AM

Uh, yeah, happy Halloween. Kinda cute how some of the tiny malls we have in town try to celebrate Halloween...I´m sure you guys would laugh your asses off :D

Built my second Slipgate in the Nether in Minecraft (no enemies because I don´t want to permanently lose my stuff (bug)) and it seems to work. Came back into the normal world god knows where and now I´ll walk back to my base to see how far away I really am from there. Saw a forest and snow biome on the way, it adds a little more flair to the world as does the new sunrise and sunset, kinda pretty. Sadly the two new blocks don´t seem to have any use apart from looking strange...

DougClayton4231 Oct 31st, 2010 11:00 PM

What the hell is Minecraft btw?

OxBlood Nov 1st, 2010 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DougClayton4231 (Post 702643)
What the hell is Minecraft btw?

Minecraft is a builder-game. The world consists of blocks, you run around, collects ressources, build tools to harvest or mine different blocks (shovels for dirt, pickaxes for stone and ore for example). At night or in darkness, monsters spawn and try to get to you, so you construct a little shelter, try to light it with torches and before you know it, itīs 4 in the morning and youīre standing on top of a giant tower overlooking your base or town or whatever you built. Iīm still trying to build the Mansion from Resident Evil but Iīm always getting the dimensions wrong somehow...
And yeah, thereīs hell now in the game or The Nether as they call it. Pretty nice but kinda useless until they implement some other things.

In short, Minecraft is one of the best things that happened to gaming in recent years :)

Dimnos Nov 1st, 2010 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DougClayton4231 (Post 702557)
In Fable 3, all of the moral choices boil down to doing something horrifying or extremely horrifying. It's not really a good system.

Btw, Happy Halloween everybody!

Since asking I poped Fable 3 in to check it out and I see what you mean. I like that they got away from the overly black and white choices. Some of them are actually rather hard ones.

LordSappington Nov 1st, 2010 11:19 AM

JESUS CHRIST THE NETHER IS AWESOME.
It still needs more implemented into it, so it can be useful for more than just harvesting lightstone and going really far easily. I've made a gate into some random part of my world, but I haven't gotten to explore it yet.

Esuohlim Nov 1st, 2010 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OxBlood (Post 702666)
Minecraft is a builder-game. The world consists of blocks, you run around, collects ressources, build tools to harvest or mine different blocks (shovels for dirt, pickaxes for stone and ore for example). At night or in darkness, monsters spawn and try to get to you, so you construct a little shelter, try to light it with torches and before you know it, itīs 4 in the morning and youīre standing on top of a giant tower overlooking your base or town or whatever you built. Iīm still trying to build the Mansion from Resident Evil but Iīm always getting the dimensions wrong somehow...
And yeah, thereīs hell now in the game or The Nether as they call it. Pretty nice but kinda useless until they implement some other things.

In short, Minecraft is one of the best things that happened to gaming in recent years :)

You seem like the type who loved the shit out of Animal Crossing. Minecraft sounds terrible.

OxBlood Nov 1st, 2010 11:49 AM

I never played Animal Crossing but what I saw looked like shit to me. Minecraft isn´t about collecting stuff, it´s just about rearranging blocks in shapes and forms that you like. It´s your little (potentially endless) word. If you want to dig a hole and be done with it, do it, it´s as effective as building a giant tower with lava-fountains and obsidian decorations in terms of keeping the enemies away.

And why does that sound terrible to you? Never played with Lego when you were a kid? It´s the same thing basically. The material itself isn´t that much fun, the possibilities are.

Phoenix Gamma Nov 1st, 2010 12:52 PM

I'LL EXPLAIN IT BETTER CAUSE I ALREADY EXPLAINED IT ONCE IN THIS THREAD BUT NOONE LISTENS TO PEEGEE >:

OKAY SO YOU GOT THIS BUCKET OF LEGOS. THEN YOU SPILL IT ON THE TABLE. NOW YOU'RE A LEGO MAN AND YOU EXPLORE THIS BIG MESS OF LEGOS ON FOOT AND YOU TAKE TREES AND TURN THEM INTO WOODEN PLANKS TO BUILD CABINS AND TORCHES AND PICKAXES AND SHIT. THEN YOU BREAK STONE AND MAKE STONE CASTLES AND PICKAXES CAUSE ROCK TOOLS ARE BETTER THEN WOOD ONES. AND YOU DIG HOLES AND FIND GOLD AND DIAMOND AND HUGE UNDERGROUND CAVES AND LAVA AND RIVERS AND SHIT. THEN OH FUCK A ZOMBIE. OH SHIT A GIANT SPIDER. FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK

THEN YOU RIDE ON A MINECART TRACK THAT YOU BUILT BECAUSE YOU'RE THAT AWESOME AND IT FLINGS YOU INTO A RIVER AND YOU HOP ON YOUR BOAT AND YOU RIDE THE BOAT UP A WATERFALL TO YOUR FLOATING CASTLE. BECAUSE YOU DECIDED YOU WANT A CASTLE IN THE SKY. AND THE DOORS OPEN WHEN YOU PRESS A BUTTON CAUSE THIS ISN'T YOUR DAD'S CASTLE. AND YOU HAVE A RIVER OF LAVA RUNNING UNDER THE CASTLE BRIDGE. I DON'T KNOW WHY YOU PUT LAVA THERE BUT IT LOOKS COOL. THEN YOU LEAVE AND IT'S NIGHT TIME AND YOU FIGHT OFF MONSTERS AGAIN.

It's pretty neat. Someone made a really good trailer for it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaMTedT6P0I
And some guy tried to show how to make indefinite fire. Except he fucks up around 1:10. It's hilarious.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnjSWPxJxNs

Esuohlim Nov 1st, 2010 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OxBlood (Post 702682)
And why does that sound terrible to you? Never played with Lego when you were a kid? Itīs the same thing basically. The material itself isnīt that much fun, the possibilities are.

I never liked Lego, I was born without an imagination. :( I loved K'Nex but only if I was building something from the manual. If I had to make something from scratch then I wasn't having fun anymore.

So you need an imagination for Minecraft, then? Not for me.

10,000 Volt Ghost Nov 1st, 2010 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoenix Gamma (Post 702689)

THEN YOU RIDE ON A MINECART TRACK THAT YOU BUILT BECAUSE YOU'RE THAT AWESOME AND IT FLINGS YOU INTO A RIVER AND YOU HOP ON YOUR BOAT AND YOU RIDE THE BOAT UP A WATERFALL TO YOUR FLOATING CASTLE. BECAUSE YOU DECIDED YOU WANT A CASTLE IN THE SKY. AND THE DOORS OPEN WHEN YOU PRESS A BUTTON CAUSE THIS ISN'T YOUR DAD'S CASTLE. AND YOU HAVE A RIVER OF LAVA RUNNING UNDER THE CASTLE BRIDGE. I DON'T KNOW WHY YOU PUT LAVA THERE BUT IT LOOKS COOL. THEN YOU LEAVE AND IT'S NIGHT TIME AND YOU FIGHT OFF MONSTERS AGAIN.

Did you build super mario rpg?

Fathom Zero Nov 1st, 2010 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esuohlim (Post 702693)
I never liked Lego, I was born without an imagination. :( I loved K'Nex but only if I was building something from the manual. If I had to make something from scratch then I wasn't having fun anymore.

So you need an imagination for Minecraft, then? Not for me.

I'm kinda the same way now, but I loved building massive space ships as a kid. Now, I just modify things.

OxBlood Nov 1st, 2010 04:58 PM

Hm, for me it's the other way round. I threw the Lego-manuals away and integrated the new bricks into my colorful collection, ready to build whatever came to my mind.

Now, I won't build the Eiffel tower in Minecraft or something, but only cause I'm too busy building underground forests and cosy cave systems to live in :)

Dimnos Nov 1st, 2010 05:01 PM

Why does everyone who plays minecraft have a hard on for underground forests?

OxBlood Nov 1st, 2010 06:51 PM

I don´t know other peoples motivations but I want to have one world where I grow all my stuff underground with no access to the surface at all, that´s what I need an underground forest for. Mining out the caves for these things is fucking tedious...at least 6 high and 3 blocks between trees and walls...takes a while. Underground farming is way easier and I think you can fish in any kind of water now so underground fishing is propbably the easiest way to get food down there.

I just finished Fable 3 with a "Me-Character" which resulted in me being neutral most of the time but in the end the game forced me all the way to good and glued wings on my back...and though they DO have a final boss this time, it still sucks and is about as dangerous as a sleeping puppy. You don´t even see the boss in it´s real form.

So yeah, the people liked me more or less but since I invested in Albions future with schools and preserved the landscape, 6 Million people died and there´s not much going on in the cities with everyone dead and all that stuff...oh and the moment I got back to my home, my wife left me. No reason though I mean I´m the fucking king...ah well...getting a wife in this game is a matter of minutes...I wonder where my son is though...haven´t seen the little gremlin recently...

Phoenix Gamma Nov 1st, 2010 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost (Post 702695)
Did you build super mario rpg?

No because I'm the only person in the world who did not like that game :\

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimnos (Post 702711)
Why does everyone who plays minecraft have a hard on for underground forests?

BECAUSE THAT'S NOT HOW FORESTS ARE SUPPOSED TO WORK. IT'S FUCKIN MAGIC.

Though I can't be assed to...like...water plants and shit. Actually I haven't even looked that shit up. I'm content with just exploring.

In the snow maps, if you dig in the ground, then tunnelled towards the water, the space under the ice is totally empty. No water underneath. I'm guessing the game just spawns the water when you break ice from above because he didn't think I would be fucking around as much as I have in my ice map. I found out after tunnelling for hours and working my way back up. It's pretty sick hollowing out the goddamn ocean then looking down at it all from above.

DougClayton4231 Nov 2nd, 2010 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OxBlood (Post 702718)
I donīt know other peoples motivations but I want to have one world where I grow all my stuff underground with no access to the surface at all, thatīs what I need an underground forest for. Mining out the caves for these things is fucking tedious...at least 6 high and 3 blocks between trees and walls...takes a while. Underground farming is way easier and I think you can fish in any kind of water now so underground fishing is propbably the easiest way to get food down there.

I just finished Fable 3 with a "Me-Character" which resulted in me being neutral most of the time but in the end the game forced me all the way to good and glued wings on my back...and though they DO have a final boss this time, it still sucks and is about as dangerous as a sleeping puppy. You donīt even see the boss in itīs real form.

So yeah, the people liked me more or less but since I invested in Albions future with schools and preserved the landscape, 6 Million people died and thereīs not much going on in the cities with everyone dead and all that stuff...oh and the moment I got back to my home, my wife left me. No reason though I mean Iīm the fucking king...ah well...getting a wife in this game is a matter of minutes...I wonder where my son is though...havenīt seen the little gremlin recently...

Wow, I now have even less motivation to play Fable 3 lol.

10,000 Volt Ghost Nov 2nd, 2010 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoenix Gamma (Post 702720)
No because I'm the only person in the world who did not like that game :\

I'm pretty sure you just described building the game verbatim though.

OxBlood Nov 2nd, 2010 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DougClayton4231 (Post 702740)
Wow, I now have even less motivation to play Fable 3 lol.

Meh, it was better than Fable 2, so I guess Iīd give it a...letīs say 7/10. Itīs okay, really. Not great, not a work of genius but okay. More to do, more to see, rather relaxing gameplay apart from the bugs of course...an okay game.

And am I a nerd for ordering the english starter-box of Gamma World? Iīve never played D&D (though I do know how to play it) but the setting just sells me on it. It seems so beautifully random and insane...I mean I could make up any kind of stupid LSD-induced story and it would fit right in (not that I take anything like that but my imagination can operate on such levels if I want it to).

10,000 Volt Ghost Nov 2nd, 2010 01:59 PM

Want to play Gamma world real bad.

Phoenix Gamma Nov 2nd, 2010 02:14 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_vjj4-CnTU
THIS. GAME. LOOKS. FANTASTIC.

God, Retro's batting 4 for 4.

Also, since I'm 100% positive the Goldeneye remake will be ass, I downloaded Goldeneye:Source. Game's pretty great, but not many people play it. The only server I found with a sizable group of players was set on License to Kill mode, which REALLY isn't fun when you're playing with more than the N64's 4 person limit (you'll spawn and get shot right away, and that's with 9 people).

DougClayton4231 Nov 2nd, 2010 04:09 PM

lmao Ox, that might make you a nerd. Remember, Protoclown said that D&D nerds are nowhere near Fan fic nerds, so you're good.

Call of Duty Black Ops and Goldeneye for the Wii are awesome, that is all. Black Ops is definitely the swansong for the COD franchise though, they can't do any better than it.

Dimnos Nov 2nd, 2010 05:15 PM

Did I hear something about being able to play as Nixon to kill zombies?

OxBlood Nov 3rd, 2010 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DougClayton4231 (Post 702788)
lmao Ox, that might make you a nerd. Remember, Protoclown said that D&D nerds are nowhere near Fan fic nerds, so you're good.

I guess the fact that I donīt play P&P Rpgs works in my favor there...but damn, Gamma World is so colorful, I really wanna play that with likeminded people...first random Character became a hairless mindbreaker-catman working at a garage&grill, armed only with a boxcutter and a torn-up leather seat as armor. I guess his prime motivation could be finding a hair-golem to solve his little baldness-problem.

I really like that there isnīt much fluff in the rules, leaves more room for imagination I guess. They just state "pick a weapon, you decide what it is, we donīt care, go ahead."

DougClayton4231 Nov 3rd, 2010 02:44 PM

Yeah, after you beat the game (or from the main menu) you can play zombies mode with Kennedy, Nixon, Castro, and some other guy. I still don't really care for the zombie mode though. Black Ops was a great game overall, but it is missing Spec Ops and the plot twist can be seen a mile away lol.

The new Goldeneye isn't a remake though, it's more of a reboot or reimagining and it's great. You definitely have to change your controls to your liking though. (Didn't any of the developers play Metroid Prime Trilogy on the Wii? The controls were perfect.)

Dimnos Nov 3rd, 2010 04:25 PM

Killing zombies and Nixon = the pinnacle of gaming.

Shadowdancer21b Nov 3rd, 2010 11:17 PM

Sega Bass Fishing on Dreamcast. No, seriously. I enjoy this fishing game and this fishing game only.

Phoenix Gamma Nov 4th, 2010 02:32 AM

http://www.supremecourt.gov/oral_arg...ts/08-1448.pdf
THIS is funny shit. A summary of the Supreme Court case regarding Schwarzenegger's bill on violent video games. Arnold's lawyers got slapped silly. I haven't finished reading it, but my favorite bit so far is:

Quote:

JUSTICE SOTOMAYOR: ...One of the studies, the Anderson study, says that the effect of violence is the same for a Bugs Bunny episode as it is for a violent video. So can the legislature now, because it has that study, say we can outlaw Bugs Bunny?

MR. MORAZZINI: No -­-
Or this little bit thrown out when arguing about violence towards people:
Quote:

JUSTICE SOTOMAYOR: Would a video game that portrayed a Vulcan as opposed to a human being, being maimed and tortured, would that be covered by the act?

MR. MORAZZINI: No, it wouldn’t, because the act is only directed towards the range of options that are able to be inflicted on a human being.
Quote:

JUSTICE GINSBURG: ...does California have any kind of an advisory opinion, an office that will view these videos and say, yes, this belongs in this, what did you call it, deviant violence, and this one is just violent but not deviant?

MR. MORAZZINI:
Not that I'm aware of, Justice Ginsburg.

JUSTICE SCALIA:
You should consider creating such a one. You might call it the California office of censorship. It would judge each of these videos one by one. That would be very nice.
Lots of other parts are great. The justices were pretty much all against this and the people arguing for the bill just got slapped around.

Fathom Zero Nov 4th, 2010 01:39 PM

Broke the Top 1000 in Super Meat Boy. Yay. Almost done with the Dark World. #926, yay

Dimnos Nov 4th, 2010 05:23 PM

Beat Fable 3 last night. Did all the good guy stuff as kind and saved up the money to save everyone. Go business planning! I didnt really like the Road to Rule system. I would have prefered the same as 2. Mostly didnt like that slow time wasnt a spell anymore. Or that your couldnt upgrade your melee speed. Where before you could tweek out and specialize your character it now feels like the only real choices you have are what two spells to use. Weapons and clothing were lacking. I used the hero sword the entire time because nothing better ever came along. You can save a lot of money because of this but what the hell is there to do with it anymore? You just sit on it till the end to save a number of citizens from what amounts to 10 enemies and a lame boss. :rolleyes

10,000 Volt Ghost Nov 6th, 2010 12:29 PM

Bad times.

10,000 Volt Ghost Nov 6th, 2010 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoenix Gamma (Post 702938)

If they went with the anti violent video game rule but kept the violent movie is okay rule would they then ban violent video games based on violent movies or would it justify that its a replication of said violent movie that would be re-enacted through violent game play as opposed to just a violent videogame game play not based on a violent movie.

edit: This is fun reading.

Esuohlim Nov 6th, 2010 01:02 PM

Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door, bitches

Shadowdancer21b Nov 6th, 2010 02:53 PM

Thousand Year Door is fun as hell.

Esuohlim Nov 6th, 2010 04:16 PM

It's way better than the original, I think. I just wish it was more difficult.

Phoenix Gamma Nov 7th, 2010 08:06 PM

The original was more of a classic though. The final boss was fun. It also didn't have those awkward segments with Peach...
Mario and Luigi 3 pretty much tops every Mario RPG though. Holy shit, that game's tight.

It turns out an old forum I used to go to had a Minecraft server. I built a giant penis then quit. Then I loaded up TF2 and got a shitload of kills as the Scout. I was dominating the scoreboard and (for the first time ever) people started accusing me of cheating, saying I was running faster than a normal scout and shit. They were obviously jealous of my awesome random WASD mashing abilities. It was a fantastic match.

Microshock Nov 7th, 2010 09:49 PM

Tried to buy COD:Black Ops today from my normal street date breaking store. No store has it for sale around here. The small stores don't even have them in.

sigh.

darkvare Nov 7th, 2010 11:11 PM

speaking of black ops some robbers stole a bunch of copies
http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/mar...,5201573.story

Tadao Nov 8th, 2010 12:00 AM

It probably uses steam huh?

caffman Nov 8th, 2010 11:27 AM

I've just finished Force Unleashed 2, midway through fallout new vegas and have Fable 3 waiting to start. Oh and Rock band 3, Guitar hero 6 and Black ops from tonight.
I need more hours in the day

Dimnos Nov 8th, 2010 11:34 AM

You should blow right through Fable 3.

10,000 Volt Ghost Nov 8th, 2010 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkvare (Post 703225)
speaking of black ops some robbers stole a bunch of copies
http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/mar...,5201573.story

That's ridiculous.

StuntDouble Nov 8th, 2010 06:38 PM

Right now I'm playing Dragon Quest IX, and actually enjoying it. I used to despise RPG's, turn based ones especially, but I have to admit it has grown on me.

Phoenix Gamma Nov 8th, 2010 07:18 PM

Sonic Colors got leaked.

It's...good?
The story's really weird in that it's trying pretty hard to be funny. Like, Paper Mario/Mario and Luigi funny. Eggman built some amusement park to atone for his crimes, and Sonic and Tails break in "because that's how we spend most of our time". There's lots of weird self-aware humor, or just weird humor in general (Sonic runs by Tails, stops, then moonwalks back over to Tails. What. Also Eggman's dialog over the PA system in the levels is actually pretty funny too.) It's not as good at the Mario RPGs in terms of humor, but it's a different take.

Supposedly they hired two dudes from Happy Tree Friends to help with the writing, which is weird too.

The game itself is pretty fun. Levels still have some trial and error, but less than usual, and you're JUST running this time. Finally. I mean, for fuck's sake, it took THIS LONG?!

Oh, and the music is really great. And the graphics actually give Mario Galaxy a run for its money.

It's a surprisingly solid game that's actually fun. Not a classic, but this is the only good Sonic game since Advance 1. I'd give it a B so far.

DougClayton4231 Nov 9th, 2010 08:45 AM

I've started playing Enslaved again and it's amazing. I honestly have no idea why games can't all have fantastic graphics, a great plot, or great acting like this one.

@Phoenix, I can't wait to play Sonic Colors. It actually sounds like Sonic, even Sonic Adventure 1 wasn't a true Sonic game.

Dimnos Nov 9th, 2010 11:06 AM

I thought you said Enslaved was mediocre? :?

Phoenix Gamma Nov 9th, 2010 02:38 PM

Beat Sonic Colors. The second half of the game isn't as fantastic as the first half, but it's still pretty strong and worth buying if you ever wanted to see a good Sonic game. Has some solid replay value.

Games Radar's review sums up the game perfectly:
http://www.gamesradar.com/wii/sonic-...05269481674075

WhiteRat Nov 9th, 2010 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DougClayton4231 (Post 703400)
I've started playing Enslaved again and it's amazing. I honestly have no idea why games can't all have fantastic graphics, a great plot, or great acting like this one.

@Phoenix, I can't wait to play Sonic Colors. It actually sounds like Sonic, even Sonic Adventure 1 wasn't a true Sonic game.

So I take it this game is worth picking up? I read a review and I now i'm tempted to get it but no one I know has played it yet.

DougClayton4231 Nov 9th, 2010 03:44 PM

I love Enslaved, I just said that it wasn't as good as an investment as Castlevania for the same price. Enslaved is like 20$ now on Amazon, it's worth a buy.

stevetothepast Nov 9th, 2010 04:54 PM

Black Ops is so far so good. The "one in the chamber" mode is fun.

OxBlood Nov 9th, 2010 05:29 PM

Took the time to play through Resident Evil 1 again, this time on the DS. But I´m pretty sure this was the first time, Barry died on my...I wonder what I did wrong...there was no selfdestruction timer either...strange.

10,000 Volt Ghost Nov 9th, 2010 05:37 PM

It's because you didn't use the Barry Sandwich.

OxBlood Nov 9th, 2010 05:55 PM

I didn´t even OPEN that DOOR!

WhiteRat Nov 9th, 2010 06:05 PM

Bought an Xbox (3rd times the charm!) and have been playing the hell out of New Vegas, Forza 3, and NCAA Football 11.

I reserved Call of Duty but i'm such a badass i'm not even going to pick it up!

ps i'm broke

DougClayton4231 Nov 9th, 2010 06:11 PM

I've never played through the PS1 version of RE, only RE2 and RE3.

I can't wait to play the new DK :P

MarioRPG Nov 9th, 2010 07:44 PM

I've been playing the Ace Attorney games and holy crap am I ever impressed. I'm thoroughly enjoying it so far, the writing is amusing / funny and engaging. Kind of reminded me what I wanted to go into law for. Yelling and junk.
Characters are excellent and Godot is a god damn bad ass.

Guitar Woman Nov 9th, 2010 08:13 PM

Nobles are permanently banned.

darkvare Nov 10th, 2010 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OxBlood (Post 703480)
Took the time to play through Resident Evil 1 again, this time on the DS. But Iīm pretty sure this was the first time, Barry died on my...I wonder what I did wrong...there was no selfdestruction timer either...strange.

it has something to do with the giant snake and waiting for barry to return with the rope

OxBlood Nov 10th, 2010 02:27 AM

Fuck I knew it. I just darted for the grave instead of waiting for the master of unroping. Im still not really good at dodging some Zombies, even after all these years...

DougClayton4231 Nov 10th, 2010 11:00 AM

The controls suck too much for you to be able to accurately dodge anything lol.

The Dead Ops Arcade mode on the new COD is better than the zombies mode lol. It's kind of sad that a Smash TV knock off can be more fun than half of the other modes.

Guitar Woman Nov 10th, 2010 01:29 PM

Metroid: Other M.

Fuck every hater, this game is so awesome it made my knees explode.

Although the dialogue and cutscenes smack pretty hard of Hideo Kojima.* And what the hell, games industry, you are a multi-billion dollar establishment, can you still not afford voice actors that don't sound like benzo addicts or high-school drama students?

Spoilers!

OxBlood Nov 10th, 2010 07:23 PM

Bought Two Worlds 2 today. Way better than the first one and waaaay better than Gothic 4 or Risen. Looks pretty good, controls well, the fighting takes a little getting used to but apart from that, I´m kinda suprised by the quality. The english main sounds like he´s asleep though :D

Fathom Zero Nov 10th, 2010 08:43 PM

I'm playing Dead Space again. STILL ARSOME

King Hadas Nov 10th, 2010 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 703579)
Metroid: Other M.

Fuck every hater, this game is so awesome it made my knees explode.

I heard the game was sexist because they turned Samus into a gross weakling. I haven't played it myself though.

darkvare Nov 10th, 2010 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathom Zero (Post 703628)
I'm playing Dead Space again. STILL ARSOME

lol same here i went to wal-mart and found the greatest hit version on the bargain bin so i got it along with timeshift.

also a question rose in zero punctuation the guy claims issacs name is a pun but i have no idea why do you guys know?

Fathom Zero Nov 11th, 2010 12:07 AM

I can't remember Issac's last name, so I dunno.

EDIT: lol wikipedia
Quote:

The player takes the role of Isaac Clarke (named after science fiction writers Isaac Asimov and Arthur C. Clarke[6])

Guitar Woman Nov 11th, 2010 02:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King Hadas (Post 703652)
I heard the game was sexist because they turned Samus into a gross weakling. I haven't played it myself though.

I haven't gotten to the scene everyone seems to be complaining about where Ridley shows up and she starts freaking the fuck out, but the phrase I'd use to describe Samus so far is "characterless, deadpan retard." That Smash Bros Brawl shipping between her and Snake suddenly makes perfect sense; literally all of her narration is clarifying whatever completely obvious shit is happening on-screen at the time. It's amazing how giving her a speaking role managed to make her seem like more of an emotionally stunted robot than when she had Gordon's Syndrome.

Also, she's suddenly got ridiculous baby-birthing hips. I don't even know what the fuck, there.

Actually playing it is awesome, though. It's kinda like if Devil May Cry didn't suck a giant shitlog.