I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Last Film(s) You Watched (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69698544)

MetalMilitia Jun 29th, 2009 12:32 PM

Haunting in Connecticut - Generic horror film #12421. Every single part of this film has been done before but I guess it was at least competently made.

Big Stan - Rob Schneider is facing 3-5 years in prison so with the help of David Carradine he endeavours to make himself unrapeable. It's a stupid but more-or-less enjoyable film.

The Unborn - Some woman's unborn twin tries to kill her or something. It's just as shit as it sounds. Turned off long before the end.

FistfulOAwesome Jun 30th, 2009 03:22 AM

Up- Do I even need to say anything about this one. It's Pixar! Of course it's excellent! It's kinda like a child-friendly Gran Turino.

The Hangover- Very Funny. I must say that Galifianakis steals the show. Ed Helms does have some great lines too. It's plot is ultimately irrelevant (Helms character figures it out House-style to finish it off) but it was always meant to be an excuse to get the guys into wild situations and it works.

Land Of The Lost- I don't know why so many people were against this one. I saw the entire original series on Sci-Fi the week before it's release and was pleasantly surprised by how good it actually was. Seeing the movie, it did a great job using the series elements to craft it's own story. Ferrell and Bride are their usual funny selves, Friel works well as the straight woman to keep the story on check, and Taccone managed to keep the charm of the original Chaka. Make no mistake, this movie is a cheesy tribute to the original series, while remaining a fun adventure film on it's own. Check it out if you haven't seen the previous 2 films I mentioned (I think we all know better than to watch Transformers 2).

Ant10708 Jun 30th, 2009 01:44 PM

X Files: I want to believe - nothing special about this movie. not bad but not worth recommending

Fathom Zero Jun 30th, 2009 04:41 PM

Transformers was baaaaaaaaad bad bad bad.

Jetfire was the best.

"You know what my great-great-grandfather was? The WHEEL. THE FIRST ONE. You know what he transformed into? NOTHING. BUT HE WAS PROUD OF IT." :lol

Lolz were had in our section, but nobody else got the blatant joke. :/

Zomboid Jun 30th, 2009 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MetalMilitia (Post 635775)

The Unborn - Some woman's unborn twin tries to kill her or something. It's just as shit as it sounds. Turned off long before the end.

Oh yeah, just awful. I'd read a comment on IMDb before watching it, and it said that it was essentially just a shitty pastiche of horror movie cliches all thrown into one terrible movie.

That's the movie in a nutshell. It's a pretty shitty mix of The Exorcist and every other horrible newer horror movie in recent memory.

10,000 Volt Ghost Jul 3rd, 2009 12:33 PM

Transformers - original animated film.

ZeldaQueen Jul 3rd, 2009 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by executioneer (Post 635462)
um nobody i know hates GB2 :/ maybe you're thinking of a different movie, or the people you know all have awful taste

I don't think people hate it so much as it was underrated from theater competition.

I just saw Up. It was hilarious! The pre-movie short was pretty strange though...

Kitsa Jul 3rd, 2009 06:24 PM

I'm thinking of going to a drive-in tomorrow. Think they're open on the 4th? Their website doesn't say they aren't.

It's a double feature....Public Enemies (partially filmed in a town where I used to live, so I'm curious) and The Hangover.

I haven't been to a drive-in movie since Jurassic Park (and I fell asleep then).

update- Public Enemies was interesting from the "omg I recognize that place, I went to a party in that room, people I used to babysit own that building" etc, but the movie in general was sort of disjointed and halfassed. It just didn't feel like a good movie, despite all the big names. And I have no idea why they needed Christian Bale as Purvis.

RaNkeri Jul 5th, 2009 03:14 PM

Transformers 2

Had some nice action, some robots/humans were annoying, the human parts of the movie were boring. It was ok.

I didn't have any problems with the transformers, they looked cool. But then again I didn't grew up with them so I have no reason to whine whether they look original or not.

10,000 Volt Ghost Jul 5th, 2009 07:02 PM

Gran Torino - This was fucking great. I tried explaining to this girl that guys who are good friends talk the most shit about each other. This movie proved the point.

darkvare Jul 5th, 2009 10:19 PM

public enemies average not so great too much talk. bullet holes look awesome though

Esuohlim Jul 5th, 2009 10:52 PM

Transformers 2. It's hella over-long.

10,000 Volt Ghost Jul 5th, 2009 11:00 PM

Gran Torino again. I might watch "The Wackness" tonight

stevetothepast Jul 6th, 2009 06:00 PM

tonight I'm planning on watching "Triumph of the Will" It looks cool, Hitler hired a director, in 1934(maybe 35?) to make this, so I'm guessing it will be packed with propaganda. It's all german, with english subs.

Kitsa Jul 6th, 2009 06:51 PM

Oh, isn't that the female director who just died?

BillyBear Jul 6th, 2009 11:40 PM

haunting in conneticut...or however the hell you spell it

darkvare Jul 7th, 2009 12:38 AM

midnight meat train. brutal to the max, i loved the decapitation

Tadao Jul 7th, 2009 11:37 PM

Just watched Knowing. What a fucking gay ass ending.

Kitsa Jul 8th, 2009 08:20 AM

I didn't like Midnight Meat Train at all, I thought it was silly.

Weird thing was I saw it on cable months before it came out on DVD, I wonder if it was some special promo thing with our horror channel or something.

darkvare Jul 8th, 2009 09:39 AM

is on dvd... i must get it

Ant10708 Jul 8th, 2009 10:29 AM

Hulk vs Wolverine and the Doctor Strange animated movie

both very good

10,000 Volt Ghost Jul 8th, 2009 11:23 AM

Drive in double feature:

Public enemies - waste of time.

The Hangover - Really funny

Ant10708 Jul 8th, 2009 01:17 PM

they have drive in movies upstate? you lucky bastard

stevetothepast Jul 8th, 2009 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost (Post 636957)
Drive in double feature:

Public enemies - waste of time.

The Hangover - Really funny

Really? Public Enemies wasn't very good?

Kitsa Jul 8th, 2009 03:51 PM

I went to the same double feature and no, Public Enemies was not very good :( I edited my post to add that it wasn't, because if I post twice Pub comes out of nowhere and starts PMing me about how much I suck for doing it.

10,000 Volt Ghost Jul 8th, 2009 03:57 PM

yeah, I really didn't like the ending at all. It didn't really flow together as a movie.

darkvare Jul 8th, 2009 10:47 PM

volcano high damn i love me silly japanesse movies

Babs Jul 10th, 2009 05:52 AM

"I've got to return some video tapes"

Fathom Zero Jul 10th, 2009 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkvare (Post 637093)
volcano high damn i love me silly japanesse movies

Korean.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BABALITY PANCAKES (Post 637329)
"I've got to return some video tapes"

I say that a lot before murdering, myself.

Kitsa Jul 10th, 2009 07:03 AM

Jarhead. It was much better than I thought it would be.

darkvare Jul 10th, 2009 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathom Zero (Post 637331)
Korean.

I say that a lot before murdering, myself.

the first trailer i saw for the movie had a wu tang clan translation my dvd dosen't :(

MetalMilitia Jul 11th, 2009 02:25 PM

Schindler's List - There isn't really anything to say about this film which hasn't been said already. Great stuff! Depressing, but not half as depressing as reading the IMDB comments afterwards.

Guitar Woman Jul 13th, 2009 05:02 AM

The Last Mistress. French Asia Argento drinking blood from flintlock pistol wounds for sexual excitement!

10,000 Volt Ghost Jul 13th, 2009 09:27 AM

The Wackness - Takes place in NYC 1994. About a drug dealer who likes this girl, sells to her and her step-father(Ben Kingsley) who is a psychiatrist. The dealer ends up befriending the step-father as his own family life crumbles around him.

I was looking forward to seeing this for a while and recommend it. Thought it was just going to be a comedy and it ended up being a pretty great piece of drama instead.

Babs Jul 13th, 2009 05:12 PM

just watched C.H.U.D. a couple of days, ago. Never fails to amuse me.

Kitsa Jul 13th, 2009 07:01 PM

Have you seen "You Kill Me", with Ben Kingsley? It was surprisingly funny.

10,000 Volt Ghost Jul 13th, 2009 07:16 PM

No, I really want to though because it's about the Buffalo P-Mob fighting the Buffalo Irish mob. We never get movies about us let alone one with Sir Ben Kingsley. I might have to get that this week.

Kitsa Jul 13th, 2009 08:31 PM

I hadn't known Ben Kingsley was so good at comedy.

Zebra 3 Jul 13th, 2009 09:35 PM

Death Race ('08) - Better than expected.

darkvare Jul 14th, 2009 11:23 PM

Sweet home, an old horror japanesse movie i even found a review that features an i-mockery reference
http://www.codiekitty.com/File/SuitoHomu/Ch01/index.htm

Sam Jul 15th, 2009 08:26 PM

I PLAYED THE GAME OF THAT MOVIE. :(

executioneer Jul 15th, 2009 08:27 PM

i think the game and movie came out around the same time actually, and i don't remember which is based on which :/ LOGIC would dictate it's the game that's based on the movie, but we're talking about the japanese here

EDIT: whoa sams post changed :eek

Sam Jul 15th, 2009 08:30 PM

Maybe a ghost from that movie changed it :eek

I just read that the game was licensed from the movie and they both came out at the SAME TIME :eek

executioneer Jul 15th, 2009 08:31 PM

Quote:

the game was licensed from the movie. The game and the film were released simultaneously. Sweet Home's trailer is both an advertisement for the movie, and a sales pitch for the game, as it includes footage from both.
:eek

executioneer Jul 15th, 2009 08:31 PM

GHOSTS :eek :eek :Eek

Sam Jul 15th, 2009 08:32 PM

WILLIE WHAT IS WITH THESE GHOSTS :eek

I BET WE READ THAT ON THE SAME PLACE :eek :rolleyes :eek

executioneer Jul 15th, 2009 08:34 PM

ARE YOU THINKIN WHAT IM THINKIN :eek

Sam Jul 15th, 2009 08:35 PM

I ALWAYS FEEL LIKE SOMEBODY IS WATCHIN ME :eek

Sam Jul 15th, 2009 08:39 PM

that is probably not what you were thinking I'm sorry Willie :tear

executioneer Jul 15th, 2009 09:00 PM

haha i was thinkin of going back and deleting everything up to and including my first post on page 42 there but THATS PROBABLY CHEATING

Babs Jul 16th, 2009 07:19 PM

Hellraiser III. It never fails to dissapoint me. You have to love the bull shit cenobites in this one. Who can pass up those one liners dropped by that asshole with a camera for half a face.

READY FOR YOUR CLOSE UP JOEY!

That's a wrap.

10,000 Volt Ghost Jul 18th, 2009 11:55 AM

The Forgotten with Julianne Moore. I picked it up a few years ago but never got around to watching it. Wasn't nearly as bad as people make it out to be.

Babs Jul 18th, 2009 02:52 PM

The Forgotten wasn't terrible, even anything it was interesting.

10,000 Volt Ghost Jul 18th, 2009 03:16 PM

There was an alternate ending but my remote is busted so I don't know what it is.

10,000 Volt Ghost Jul 19th, 2009 11:09 PM

Land of the Lost(2009) - The previews looked really bad but I actually thought it was amazing. Especially the end credits sequence.

Then watched:

Death becomes her
R. Kelly's Trapped in the Closet 1-22
One Hour Photo

Dimnos Jul 20th, 2009 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost (Post 638310)
R. Kelly's Trapped in the Closet 1-22

Did you feel like you had smoked some crack and forgotten about it?

10,000 Volt Ghost Jul 20th, 2009 11:21 AM

A little bit. I've watched it before but my friends haven't seen it yet. They REALLY REALLY didn't want to but by the end of chapter 4 they were hooked. There were even more people who came into the room, were like "WTF, why are you watching this?" and then became hooked too in a matter of minutes.

Dimnos Jul 20th, 2009 11:40 AM

I read somewhere they use it as a form of torture in China. :\

10,000 Volt Ghost Jul 20th, 2009 12:02 PM

Only at BDSM clubs..... sorry, that's kind of a bad joke. If you never seen it before I definitely reccomend it because it's so outrageous.

Sam Jul 20th, 2009 03:42 PM

I watched Trapped in the Closet and I was hypnotized and couldn't stop watching it because it is so silly. :(

Terra Jul 20th, 2009 11:38 PM

MST3000

stevetamis Jul 22nd, 2009 03:38 AM

Last Film(s) You Watched

Last movies i saw is ,

1. Terminator Salvation.
Guys, I must say that its really amazing movie.
I loved the action in it.

2. Night at Museum2
Well this movie has come with the expectations.
As the first was superb the second part has lived
up the expectations.

I am Looking for some more great releases.

MetalMilitia Jul 22nd, 2009 07:17 AM

The Hangover - This film was somewhere between "not bad" and "OK". I enjoyed it for the most part and would probably watch it again one day, but I'm not sure what all the fuss was about.

Indiana Jones and the whatever of the crystal skull - Urgh what a load of shit. So stupid. There were some okay action sequences but they were ruined slightly by everything else about the film being lame/gay.

Dimnos Jul 22nd, 2009 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevetamis (Post 638615)
1. Terminator Salvation.
Guys, I must say that its really amazing movie.

:lol

executioneer Jul 22nd, 2009 10:42 AM

pretty sure that dude's a spambot but since he's not doing any overt spammery i guess he can stick around and entertain us with his hilarious understanding of english

darkvare Jul 22nd, 2009 10:52 AM

striptease- is silly but i like how demi moore shakes it per say and i got the unrated dvd for 5 bucks

resident evil degeneration- the best resident evil movie no doubt and it came with a coupon for the cellphone game

Ant10708 Jul 22nd, 2009 05:11 PM

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix: sister wanted to rewatch it to re jog the memory before seeing the new one

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince: The movies have consistently improved with each movie(aside from the third movie) and this one turns out to be a pretty good movie even if you are not into harry potter. I really liked the director for this film and besides one unbearable scene involving hermoine crying, the movie is pretty free of the terrible child acting that have plagued the previous films. The actor who played Ron did a very good job this film and was very comical specifically while under the influence of a love potion in one scene.

stevetothepast Jul 22nd, 2009 05:41 PM

Ernest goes to Africa

Womti Jul 23rd, 2009 09:44 AM

I just watched Minority Report for like the 3rd time and man I gotta tell ya that female psychic chick (whose name in the film is agatha) looks really hot with her head shaved, and in the end of the movie when her hair has grown back (turns out she's blonde).

Tadao Jul 24th, 2009 03:10 PM

Two Mules for Sister Sarah. It gave me a boner.

Dimnos Jul 24th, 2009 03:24 PM

Wow! TWO mules huh. I dont think they do that even in Mexico. :hypno

Kitsa Jul 24th, 2009 08:11 PM

I watched half of the remake of Amityville Horror.

No sir, didn't like it.

10,000 Volt Ghost Jul 24th, 2009 08:28 PM

I liked the remake but maybe because Ryan Reynolds was in it.

Kitsa Jul 24th, 2009 08:39 PM

I do like Ryan Reynolds, but he's better in comedies.

kahljorn Jul 24th, 2009 09:02 PM

i watched this movie called slipstream with mark hamil and bill paxton a few weeks ago. MMARK HAMIL AND BILL PAXTON.

really good movie :O Halfway through the movie i was like, "man this totally reminds me of this thing!" and then one of the characters mentioned that thing :O It was great. ALL KINDS OF SYNCHRONICITIES TOO LIKE I WAS TALKING SOMETHING ABOUT MICHAEL JACKSON AND DANCING AND HATS FOR NO REAL REASON AND THEN ALL OF A SUDDEN THEY STARTED DOING MICHAEL JACKSON DANCES.
ALSO MICHAEL JACKSON DIED AFTERWARDS! OR MAYBE IT WAS BEFORE I CANT REMEMBER :(

Babs Jul 25th, 2009 05:06 PM

Yeah, I just love every movie that van wilder fuck is in.

I just saw that one Harry Potter movie, something like Harry Potter goes to Arizona or some shit like that.

Kitsa Jul 25th, 2009 07:44 PM

Swing Kids. Robert Sean Leonard looked exactly like Jim Carrey to me.

I could tell Christian Bale right away due to the glittery aura of prickness around him, even if he looked a little different.

I hadn't seen this movie in about 15 years, so it was interesting to see it again.

captain516 Jul 26th, 2009 06:43 AM

I watched Dark Knight. Feels really overrated now.

Colonel Flagg Jul 27th, 2009 01:06 PM

Most of the recent movies I've seen are for the younger set, 'cept for the latest:

Star Trek (XXXIV) When Jimmy met Spock - actually I thought this was a great comeback to a stagnant franchise. After the abortion that was Nemesis, I was expecting to be underwhelmed. In fact, it beat all my low expectations to a pulp, then flushed them down the toilet. It was spectacular.

Unfortunately, the previews included the Travolta/Washington debacle "The Taking of Pelham 456". My son really wants to see this movie, and I'm doing everything in my power to prevent it. I think the next film we'll be taking in will be the new Harry Potter movie, which I admit looking forward to, a little guiltily.

10,000 Volt Ghost Jul 27th, 2009 01:16 PM

I actually liked the new Star Trek a lot as well. I'm going to see the new Harry Potter movie in IMAX 3D in a few days. I haven't read the books but I'll watch anything with Brendan Gleeson, Ralph Fiennes and Alan Rickman in it. Separately the 3 of them are amazing but together....well...it's 3 times as good.

Zhukov Jul 28th, 2009 12:23 PM

I'm still wanting to see the new Star Trek film. To be honest, I've never seen anything about Star Trek before. No TV shows, no movies, nuttin.

The Film I saw last was Son of Rambow. Got it and JCVD on DVD for cheap.

I liked it, very nice and heart warming. Story about childhood friendship and imagination. Somehow a young boy going from drawing lions and cows in his art book to guns, tanks and killing is seen as charming. Still, I liked.

While I'm at it JCVD is great, although I might have already said so in this thread.

darkvare Jul 28th, 2009 01:16 PM

what exactly is jcvd

Sam Jul 28th, 2009 08:38 PM

a movie about jcvd

Zhukov Jul 28th, 2009 11:13 PM

I guess I'm always asking questions here without bothering to google, so I'll bite:

It's Jean-Claude Van Damme.

It's a movie starring him, as him. Interesting story, and there is a real heart lifing moment at the end. There's also a part where he breaks the fouth wall and takes some time out to speak to the audience and have a bit of a cry. He's a really good actor.

10,000 Volt Ghost Jul 28th, 2009 11:33 PM

I read a bit about the JCVD movie and it sounds nuts...in a good way.

Dimnos Jul 29th, 2009 12:23 AM

What did he cry about? Playing that gay guy in that one movie?

Tadao Jul 29th, 2009 06:22 AM

Jean-Claude Van Dumb

Zhukov Jul 29th, 2009 10:18 AM

Well I actually saw it when it came out, and just bought it on DVD recently, so I can't remember it all, BUT, I am pretty sure it was about the pressures of his life, and how he wanted to be something other than just a B grade action star.

Babs Jul 29th, 2009 03:50 PM

Riki-oh

10,000 Volt Ghost Jul 30th, 2009 01:02 PM

RAN - Japanese Movie.
Stone Cold(with Bryan Bosworth) - horrible movie
Harry Potter and the half-blood prince - Theater movie
Kentucky Fried Movie - Movie movie

darkvare Jul 30th, 2009 02:46 PM

terminator salvation i loved the arnie cameo especially the last part

kahljorn Jul 31st, 2009 01:19 AM

ran's yet another kurosawa movie i think :O

Kitsa Jul 31st, 2009 04:11 AM

Training Day, but it was a shitty TV version that cut out the end.

And re-watched The Edge last night. You could easily make a drinking game out of Anthony Hopkins' "yeah"s.

Zhukov Jul 31st, 2009 05:50 AM

Terminator Salvation was a lot of fun, even though most of that fun was generated by my friend and I picking it to pieces.

Last night I received free tickets to see Public Enemies. It was good enough, but exactly as I suspected. I guess you can't expect a lot of storyline to a gangster movie. Acting was top notch by everyone. Car chases and gun fights were exciting. Love story was boring and unrealistic.

Kitsa Jul 31st, 2009 07:37 PM

Bedtime Stories- Good, fairly entertaining if a few plotholes, and it was a nice change to not have a sudden downer where they try to "teach" you something. Adam Sandler is Adam Sandler is Adam Sandler. The movie was basically Billy Madison + Uncle Buck.

Phoebe in Wonderland- Life of a girl with a very OCD-ish version of Tourette's, immersed in fantasyland because she lives in a Connecticut-ish place where everyone's got a stick up their ass. She's some sibling of Dakota Fanning's, but I like her better than Dakota Fanning. Movie was great up until they did a "let's show them we can sing too" thing with a slightly out of place musical number.

Dimnos Jul 31st, 2009 10:05 PM

Anything + Uncle Buck has to be at least pretty good.

Kitsa Aug 3rd, 2009 07:47 AM

Yeah, it was ok. It wasn't "OMG THIS IS WONDERFUL" stuff, but nobody died and it was a nice little piece of escapism.

Also saw "Up". Good in parts, but I thought it really dragged toward the end. I dozed off during part of it.

Kitsa Aug 3rd, 2009 10:33 PM

Oldboy (again). I forgot how severely fucked that movie is.

Also, the guy always reminds me of Tadao, which I know has been addressed here before.

Tadao Aug 4th, 2009 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kahljorn (Post 639655)
ran's yet another kurosawa movie i think :O

Yep, King Leer based too I believe.

My Bloody Valentine remake. I liked it a lot. I hear the original is even better.

10,000 Volt Ghost Aug 4th, 2009 11:56 AM

Did you see My Bloody Valentine in 3D or 2D?