I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Last Film(s) You Watched (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69698544)

Zhukov Nov 23rd, 2011 09:27 PM

I watched some French film about art and love. It was good, but excruciatingly boring - luckily for me my friend's sister was having loud sex in the room next door.

monicat Nov 24th, 2011 09:04 AM

One day... not that excited about it, but maybe it's just me being too sarcastic.

Aaarg Nov 25th, 2011 06:56 PM

night of the living dead - great
return of the living dead - silly
duck you sucker/a fistful of dynamite - too damn long

10,000 Volt Ghost Nov 28th, 2011 10:39 AM

^ Love Return of the living dead trilogy, 2nd one is my favorite though.

I started watching duck you sucker as well but got disinterested.

Starting watching season of the witch. Nicholas cage hasn't been set on fire yet but theres still half of a movie to go.

Aaarg Nov 28th, 2011 12:11 PM

we'll probably watch the others someday, as we're prone to do that.

man, know what's an awesome trilogy that gets better as it progresses? it's alive.

duck you sucker gets less interesting as it goes along, to be honest. after a while the plot gets boring and the awful accents get increasingly hard to swallow.

10,000 Volt Ghost Nov 28th, 2011 04:50 PM

return of the living dead 2 is kind of silly but also amazingly awesome. its got all the same actors playing pretty much the same characters from the first one.

I watched the Its alive movies when I was real young(maybe 10) and they kind of creeped me out. Haven't seen them since though.

Aaarg Nov 28th, 2011 05:01 PM

aw, lame, i didn't like any of the characters in the first one! i liked the split dogs and the butterfly specimens and i think the highlight of the movie was when they pierced the cadaver's head with the pick ax and it didn't kill him and the kid was like "THE MOVIE LIED?!?" i laughed way more than i should have, at that.

it's alive is great. the second one is all right. the third one is the most over-the-top and it has michael moriarty and he's great (as seen in THE STUFF (just can't get enough (of the stuff))) and also the ending is the best.
[spoilers]an evil baby survives, for the only time in the series. [/spoilers]

but there was a remake a few years ago and it's atrocious. really. and it sort of gets this anti-abortion vibe as it progresses. and it's just bad.

10,000 Volt Ghost Nov 28th, 2011 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aaarg (Post 750817)
aw, lame, i didn't like any of the characters in the first one! i liked the split dogs and the butterfly specimens and i think the highlight of the movie was when they pierced the cadaver's head with the pick ax and it didn't kill him and the kid was like "THE MOVIE LIED?!?" i laughed way more than i should have, at that.

it's alive is great. the second one is all right. the third one is the most over-the-top and it has michael moriarty and he's great (as seen in THE STUFF (just can't get enough (of the stuff))) and also the ending is the best.
[spoilers]an evil baby survives, for the only time in the series. [/spoilers]

but there was a remake a few years ago and it's atrocious. really. and it sort of gets this anti-abortion vibe as it progresses. and it's just bad.

Maybe the punk rockers aren't in it. I think maybe just the two starting cast from part 1 and then the crematory guy.

All Hail Duke Nov 28th, 2011 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost (Post 750819)
Maybe the punk rockers aren't in it. I think maybe just the two starting cast from part 1 and then the crematory guy.

pretty much, i guess
there's also a returning cast member as the michael jackson zombie near the end
no idea which one though

10,000 Volt Ghost Nov 28th, 2011 09:39 PM

Lol, I don't remember that part. Fucking awesome though.

10,000 Volt Ghost Nov 28th, 2011 09:43 PM

:lol good call

darkvare Nov 28th, 2011 11:47 PM

i'm watching this is called the strange thing about the jhonsons really creepy stuff
it's creepy in a sick way so a warning before watching
http://vimeo.com/32483624

All Hail Duke Dec 1st, 2011 11:26 PM

the usual suspects
mad max
the goonies
the shining

all great and kept me inside to be lazy instead of out raking up the leaves

kahljorn Dec 2nd, 2011 02:51 AM

wait wtf

they made ANOTHER girl with the dragon tattoo?

man fuck the world

10,000 Volt Ghost Dec 2nd, 2011 09:43 AM

First part of Anti-Christ.

Willem Defoe is awesome.

MarioRPG Dec 6th, 2011 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kahljorn (Post 751167)
wait wtf

they made ANOTHER girl with the dragon tattoo?

man fuck the world

Was the Swedish one any good?

kahljorn Dec 6th, 2011 08:14 PM

i liked it ;/

All Hail Duke Dec 6th, 2011 10:41 PM

watched a christmas story for the hundreth or so time

executioneer Dec 6th, 2011 11:16 PM

why

Kitsa Dec 6th, 2011 11:25 PM

Watched Hangover 2. Not as funny.

Sometimes I forgot that I wasn't watching Due Date.

All Hail Duke Dec 8th, 2011 12:34 AM

the expendables
what a piece of shit

Krythor Dec 8th, 2011 11:58 AM

I watched Batman: Year One. What a stinker. I've said it before and I'll say it again: why does all American animation have to look like anime now? It's not even as if they're taking inspiration from anime and using a few similar techniques, they're actually trying to make it look Japanese. I picture directors standing over the animator's shoulders saying, "it's not stiff and awkward enough yet, make it look more Japanese." Alot of the style of anime is down to Japanese animation studios producing more material on a smaller budget than their American counterparts and therefore having to cut corners with generic designs, recycled shots, stiff action and one syllable mouths. And everyone wants to copy it? Pathetic.

I've been watching Batman: The Animated Series this week too and it's astonishing that it's now almost 20 years old and had more character, style and substance to the animation than this horrendous piece of garbage Batman: Year One.

I've read alot of criticism about the voice acting. I didn't think it was that bad.

Lone Wanderer Dec 8th, 2011 05:49 PM

Tomorrow Never Dies I never noticed till now how over-the-top Johnathan Pryce was in this movie. Not much of a Bond film IMO, if the film had came out in 2002 it might've been more relevant with its message of global media.

Krythor Dec 8th, 2011 06:36 PM

I remember thinking when that came out how ridiculous the storyline was, but you're right, as time has gone on it's become better. If some of the more ludicrous aspects like the guy owning a stealth boat were dialled down it would probably make a good Daniel Craig film. I really like the opening scene at the arms fair.

I used to always think Goldeneye was the best of the Brosnan movies. I watched it recently though and it's weird how everything about it on paper sounds great but is executed so poorly. I feel sorry for Brosnan, being one of the best Bonds in the worst Bond movies.

Fathom Zero Dec 8th, 2011 06:57 PM

I really really really really really really like Goldeneye. It's second only to Goldfinger, for me. Diamonds Are Forever brings up the tail end.

And The Living Daylights is really good, too. The rest of the movies involving Blofeld are good, as well.