I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Last Film(s) You Watched (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69698544)

MetalMilitia Jun 29th, 2009 12:32 PM

Haunting in Connecticut - Generic horror film #12421. Every single part of this film has been done before but I guess it was at least competently made.

Big Stan - Rob Schneider is facing 3-5 years in prison so with the help of David Carradine he endeavours to make himself unrapeable. It's a stupid but more-or-less enjoyable film.

The Unborn - Some woman's unborn twin tries to kill her or something. It's just as shit as it sounds. Turned off long before the end.

FistfulOAwesome Jun 30th, 2009 03:22 AM

Up- Do I even need to say anything about this one. It's Pixar! Of course it's excellent! It's kinda like a child-friendly Gran Turino.

The Hangover- Very Funny. I must say that Galifianakis steals the show. Ed Helms does have some great lines too. It's plot is ultimately irrelevant (Helms character figures it out House-style to finish it off) but it was always meant to be an excuse to get the guys into wild situations and it works.

Land Of The Lost- I don't know why so many people were against this one. I saw the entire original series on Sci-Fi the week before it's release and was pleasantly surprised by how good it actually was. Seeing the movie, it did a great job using the series elements to craft it's own story. Ferrell and Bride are their usual funny selves, Friel works well as the straight woman to keep the story on check, and Taccone managed to keep the charm of the original Chaka. Make no mistake, this movie is a cheesy tribute to the original series, while remaining a fun adventure film on it's own. Check it out if you haven't seen the previous 2 films I mentioned (I think we all know better than to watch Transformers 2).

Ant10708 Jun 30th, 2009 01:44 PM

X Files: I want to believe - nothing special about this movie. not bad but not worth recommending

Fathom Zero Jun 30th, 2009 04:41 PM

Transformers was baaaaaaaaad bad bad bad.

Jetfire was the best.

"You know what my great-great-grandfather was? The WHEEL. THE FIRST ONE. You know what he transformed into? NOTHING. BUT HE WAS PROUD OF IT." :lol

Lolz were had in our section, but nobody else got the blatant joke. :/

Zomboid Jun 30th, 2009 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MetalMilitia (Post 635775)

The Unborn - Some woman's unborn twin tries to kill her or something. It's just as shit as it sounds. Turned off long before the end.

Oh yeah, just awful. I'd read a comment on IMDb before watching it, and it said that it was essentially just a shitty pastiche of horror movie cliches all thrown into one terrible movie.

That's the movie in a nutshell. It's a pretty shitty mix of The Exorcist and every other horrible newer horror movie in recent memory.

10,000 Volt Ghost Jul 3rd, 2009 12:33 PM

Transformers - original animated film.

ZeldaQueen Jul 3rd, 2009 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by executioneer (Post 635462)
um nobody i know hates GB2 :/ maybe you're thinking of a different movie, or the people you know all have awful taste

I don't think people hate it so much as it was underrated from theater competition.

I just saw Up. It was hilarious! The pre-movie short was pretty strange though...

Kitsa Jul 3rd, 2009 06:24 PM

I'm thinking of going to a drive-in tomorrow. Think they're open on the 4th? Their website doesn't say they aren't.

It's a double feature....Public Enemies (partially filmed in a town where I used to live, so I'm curious) and The Hangover.

I haven't been to a drive-in movie since Jurassic Park (and I fell asleep then).

update- Public Enemies was interesting from the "omg I recognize that place, I went to a party in that room, people I used to babysit own that building" etc, but the movie in general was sort of disjointed and halfassed. It just didn't feel like a good movie, despite all the big names. And I have no idea why they needed Christian Bale as Purvis.

RaNkeri Jul 5th, 2009 03:14 PM

Transformers 2

Had some nice action, some robots/humans were annoying, the human parts of the movie were boring. It was ok.

I didn't have any problems with the transformers, they looked cool. But then again I didn't grew up with them so I have no reason to whine whether they look original or not.

10,000 Volt Ghost Jul 5th, 2009 07:02 PM

Gran Torino - This was fucking great. I tried explaining to this girl that guys who are good friends talk the most shit about each other. This movie proved the point.

darkvare Jul 5th, 2009 10:19 PM

public enemies average not so great too much talk. bullet holes look awesome though

Esuohlim Jul 5th, 2009 10:52 PM

Transformers 2. It's hella over-long.

10,000 Volt Ghost Jul 5th, 2009 11:00 PM

Gran Torino again. I might watch "The Wackness" tonight

stevetothepast Jul 6th, 2009 06:00 PM

tonight I'm planning on watching "Triumph of the Will" It looks cool, Hitler hired a director, in 1934(maybe 35?) to make this, so I'm guessing it will be packed with propaganda. It's all german, with english subs.

Kitsa Jul 6th, 2009 06:51 PM

Oh, isn't that the female director who just died?

BillyBear Jul 6th, 2009 11:40 PM

haunting in conneticut...or however the hell you spell it

darkvare Jul 7th, 2009 12:38 AM

midnight meat train. brutal to the max, i loved the decapitation

Tadao Jul 7th, 2009 11:37 PM

Just watched Knowing. What a fucking gay ass ending.

Kitsa Jul 8th, 2009 08:20 AM

I didn't like Midnight Meat Train at all, I thought it was silly.

Weird thing was I saw it on cable months before it came out on DVD, I wonder if it was some special promo thing with our horror channel or something.

darkvare Jul 8th, 2009 09:39 AM

is on dvd... i must get it

Ant10708 Jul 8th, 2009 10:29 AM

Hulk vs Wolverine and the Doctor Strange animated movie

both very good

10,000 Volt Ghost Jul 8th, 2009 11:23 AM

Drive in double feature:

Public enemies - waste of time.

The Hangover - Really funny

Ant10708 Jul 8th, 2009 01:17 PM

they have drive in movies upstate? you lucky bastard

stevetothepast Jul 8th, 2009 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost (Post 636957)
Drive in double feature:

Public enemies - waste of time.

The Hangover - Really funny

Really? Public Enemies wasn't very good?

Kitsa Jul 8th, 2009 03:51 PM

I went to the same double feature and no, Public Enemies was not very good :( I edited my post to add that it wasn't, because if I post twice Pub comes out of nowhere and starts PMing me about how much I suck for doing it.