I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Last Film(s) You Watched (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69698544)

Guitar Woman Sep 8th, 2009 04:47 PM

I hated Porco's voice. He never sounded fucking interested in anything, and the entire time he was talking I kept picturing the actor reading a script, head in hands, thinking, "Oh god, how did it come to this? I'm a fucking talking pig." And then he swallows a few perscription capsules with a shot of railroad gin.

I just saw the entire director's cut of Apocalypse Now. I've watched about half of the movie before and got distracted and left during the playboy bunny scene, but everything after they leave the French plantation is pretty great. That part feels really out of place, though, like a completely different movie.

10,000 Volt Ghost Sep 9th, 2009 12:16 AM

Sleepy Hollow.

captain516 Sep 9th, 2009 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 646687)
I hated Porco's voice. He never sounded fucking interested in anything.

Well, yeah. He's supposed to be the kind of easy-going guy who's calm and cool all the time.

Spies Like Us. I thought it was funny how they didn't bother to include subtitles for the russian soldiers (even though I understood what they were saying), it's like they thought, "screw it, we'll just show them pissed off and yelling and leave it at that."

Kitsa Sep 9th, 2009 07:00 PM

I loved Spies Like Us when I was a kid. Especially the test-taking scene.

captain516 Sep 9th, 2009 07:34 PM

"what does KGB mean?"

Aimless Sep 9th, 2009 11:59 PM

http://openvideo.dailymotion.com/vid...films?from=rss I just watched the fearless freaks again. The link is to watch it online. It's amazing.

Babs Sep 10th, 2009 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by captain516 (Post 646966)
"what does KGB mean?"

Kill Gary Busey?

captain516 Sep 10th, 2009 02:32 AM

Karate Girl Boners.

DougClayton4231 Sep 10th, 2009 08:06 PM

I finally saw Jason Goes To Hell, and it is by far the worst of the Friday The 13th films. I'll take Jason in space or on a boat anytime compared to that shit. Even Jason vs Freddy had some redeeming qualities in comparison.

Kitsa Sep 11th, 2009 07:17 AM

Jason Takes Manhattan was my favorite, but I know not everybody agrees.

Mad Melvin Sep 11th, 2009 05:37 PM

The Punisher: Extended cut and Punisher: War Zone

I like them both. Thomas Jane is the better punisher, but I enjoyed the overacting villains and the brutal violence of the second movie.

DougClayton4231 Sep 11th, 2009 05:37 PM

I love Jason Takes Manhattan, it really was the most hilarious of the series and it had some decent scares back when I first saw it.

RaNkeri Sep 12th, 2009 05:06 PM

Public Enemies

I loved it. Fucking awesome.

Colonel Flagg Sep 12th, 2009 11:21 PM

Please don't shoot me for "gaying up" this thread, but I just came from the movie "Shorts" which I saw with my son and a friend of his. It was definitely for the kiddos, but there was enough going on to hold my interest ... kind of.

Now I'm catching "Terminator 2 - Judgement Day" on Bravo. It's giving my brain whiplash. :\

Babs Sep 12th, 2009 11:47 PM

The last film I saw was Orange County with that Fag Black character. Tom Hanks son made this movie suck more ass than a Uwe Boll movie. Fuck O-town and animal activists.

Tadao Sep 16th, 2009 10:15 PM

I didn't get the end of Ichi the Killer.

Zomboid Sep 17th, 2009 09:17 AM

Don't think anyone did.

darkvare Sep 17th, 2009 09:11 PM

i just watched district 9 it was awesome

Wiffles Sep 17th, 2009 11:10 PM

Im watching Circuitry Man (1990) :)

captain516 Sep 20th, 2009 10:57 AM

The Haunted world of El Superbeasto-Rob Zombie's new animated movie. It was typical Rob Zombie meets Ren and Stimpy-take that as you will.

captain516 Sep 26th, 2009 09:51 PM

Fantasia.

darkvare Sep 26th, 2009 10:00 PM

lock stock and two smoking barrels i love guy ritchie movies

10,000 Volt Ghost Sep 29th, 2009 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by captain516 (Post 649183)
The Haunted world of El Superbeasto-Rob Zombie's new animated movie. It was typical Rob Zombie meets Ren and Stimpy-take that as you will.

I've been waiting a really long time for this. I'm not a huge Rob Zombie fan but I think he's interesting. Is it worth seeing in the theater?

Babs Sep 29th, 2009 09:38 PM

Just saw the Watchmen for the first time and I was completely blown away. This movie was an amazing adaptation of one of the most amazing graphic novels to date. Anyone who's never read the novel can still the movie amazing, it's just a lot to take in I would think opposed to knowing the book. All I can say is that I found myself not being able to turn away from the movie for even one second.

10,000 Volt Ghost Oct 1st, 2009 11:04 AM

Went to see "Pandorum" yesterday. Really good sci-fi thriller. It looked kind of interesting in the preview but it ended up being awesome. Don't read the wikipedia page about it though because they ruin a lot of the plot elements by explaining things in a different order they were given in the movie. Hopefully this will become a series.

I haven't heard of Overture Films until recently but everything they're releasing looks really great.
Upcoming by them:

1.) The men who stare at goats
2.) Law abiding citizen
3) Crazies - a remake but of one my favs.

The short previews for Law abiding citizen looked kind of terrible but I watched the extended theatrical trailer for it and it changed my mind completely about going to see it.