I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Last Film(s) You Watched (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69698544)

Mad Melvin Jan 12th, 2010 06:47 PM

Donnie Brasco (Extended edition)

I'm a huge fan of mob movies and this one ranks pretty high on my all-time favorites list. Cool scenes, good dialogue and gritty violence. The acting is also great all around, but Pacino pretty much steals the show. It ain't no Goodfellas, but a must-see nontheless for fans of the genre.

kahljorn Jan 12th, 2010 08:34 PM

While that was a somewhat interesting abstract it doesn't really add anything to what i said. it's written specifically about neurotic minds and even says that some of them (paranoids) aren't suicidal.
in fact it only says that sad people are suicidal :O

Tadao Jan 12th, 2010 08:36 PM

But it was a terrorist attack. From a different species, but a terrorist attack non the less. WITH MIND CONTROL!

kahljorn Jan 12th, 2010 08:42 PM

it wasn't with mind control they released a chemical which causes people to lose their inhibitions.

right? did i miss the twist at the end where it turns out they were just mind controlling everybody and not releasing a chemical? I thought thats why they were always like YON ILL WIND though.

Tadao Jan 12th, 2010 08:49 PM

well, i took it as the plants were mind controlling the humans into suicide. :(

kahljorn Jan 12th, 2010 08:54 PM

:(
i guess it would've been slightly more bearable if that were the case :( there's a news cast towards the begining that explains all of it i think.

10,000 Volt Ghost Jan 13th, 2010 11:16 AM

There probably should have been a newscast at the beginning that says don't watch this movie.

bigtimecow Jan 13th, 2010 11:38 AM

sherlock holmes

eh, was good

Dimnos Jan 13th, 2010 02:09 PM

Was up late the other night feeding the baby and had a chance to watch City of Ember with Bill Murry. I remember hearing about it a long time back but it passed through the theaters so fast I had assumed it was crap. It was a bit better than I thought it would have been. Then again it might have just been that it was 2am Tuesday morning. :\

kahljorn Jan 13th, 2010 05:48 PM

Quote:

There probably should have been a newscast at the beginning that says don't watch this movie.
UNLESS you want to see what my dad's like:O :O :O

Phoenix Gamma Jan 13th, 2010 06:10 PM

Watched Six String Samurai the other night. Man, I love that movie. That stupid moaning kid should have died, though >:

dextire Jan 13th, 2010 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimnos (Post 667561)
... It was a bit better than I thought it would have been. Then again it might have just been that it was 2am Tuesday morning. :\

Why is it that movies are so much better at 2 in the morning?
Just bought and watched Deadly Friend. I had forgotten how much I enjoy that movie.

Tadao Jan 13th, 2010 06:26 PM

I tried watching 30 days of night, but I couldn't get halfway through it without becoming bored. It looks nice, but way too much unneeded story. I think that movie would have been way better with more mystery to the characters. Too many movies try to paint a full picture of the characters in my opinion.

kahljorn Jan 13th, 2010 06:53 PM

I kind of liked that movie but maybe it was because i was babysitting at the time and it was the only thing on tv ;/

it has a good ending though at least. I don't really remember them painting many pictures though ;/ did you get to when the vampires start fucking the town up?

Tadao Jan 13th, 2010 06:58 PM

Yeah, that was the middle, and then it went into story mode. I tried skipping ahead and found nothing but story. When it airs on scifi I'll probably give it a full chance.

Tadao Jan 14th, 2010 04:01 AM

Oh, I forgot, I watched the Silent Hill movie. I haven't had the chance to play the games, but the acting was good enough for a game movie (ex. Resident Evil) and the graphic were pretty cool. I happily watched it all the way through, which is becoming increasingly hard for me. It'll take me 6 hours to get through a 90 minute movie usually.

kahljorn Jan 14th, 2010 07:31 AM

damn i totally dont even remember the story parts
Spoilers!

so I must've been high/sleeping,tuning it out/had kids yelling at my face :(

10,000 Volt Ghost Jan 14th, 2010 10:44 AM

I really enjoyed the silent hill movie. One of the only vidya game movies that can stand up. Also it had Sean Bean in it. :)

Mad Melvin Jan 14th, 2010 06:11 PM

The first half of Silent Hill was pretty good. The second half had some good scenes and whatnot, but the whole "evil cult burning the shit out of stuff" didn't really work for me. Still, looking forward to the sequel.

Tadao Jan 14th, 2010 06:14 PM

Did the movies story follow any of the game stories?

Mad Melvin Jan 14th, 2010 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tadao (Post 667789)
Did the movies story follow any of the game stories?

The basic premise was from the first Silent Hill (daughter missing after the car accident), but the rest of the plot has nothing to do with any of the games. Altough there are some scenes and characters which are copied from the first three games, I think.

Tadao Jan 14th, 2010 09:22 PM

I started Zombie Strippers but I don't know if I can finish it. :(

Sam Jan 15th, 2010 03:27 PM

Zombie Strippers is so godawful. :(

Tadao Jan 15th, 2010 03:33 PM

Yes, I finished it though.

Sam Jan 15th, 2010 03:38 PM

You are some kind of terrible monster.