I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   LET'S ARGUE ABOUT VIDEO GAMES (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69697142)

Guitar Woman Oct 25th, 2007 06:16 PM

man this is like becoming the chatroom thread but for the gaming forum

DuFresne Oct 25th, 2007 06:23 PM

i was a fan of Yahtzee before this thread made him cool >:

but i've only been a fan since GW posted the video in the Bioshock thread so yeah, thanks for that kiddo :(

I did the pen thing too :(
And I subsequently went out and bought Psychonauts :)

Emu Oct 25th, 2007 06:24 PM

Well people bitched when we chatted about games in the GenBlab chat thread so fuck them!

Guitar Woman Oct 25th, 2007 06:28 PM

I love Yahtzee's sense of humor, but I can't get into any of his adventure games. I forced myself to like halfway through day 1 of 5DaS, but then I got distracted and haven't touched it since.

Interactive Fiction adventures are more my speed anyway, he should totally do one of those.

Fathom Zero Oct 25th, 2007 08:41 PM

Hay guys, I'm buying a PS3.

Guitar Woman Oct 25th, 2007 08:52 PM

Let me know what Twing Twang is, ok?

Fathom Zero Oct 25th, 2007 08:55 PM

I don't know what you're talking about.

Guitar Woman Oct 25th, 2007 08:59 PM

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/arti...nd-Other-Stuff

Fathom Zero Oct 25th, 2007 10:25 PM

I wish I could reference humorous internet videos like you.

YOU'RE MY INTERNET HERO.

Guitar Woman Oct 25th, 2007 10:27 PM

:oneofthosedays

EisigerBiskuit Oct 26th, 2007 12:10 AM

what is there to argue about anything besides it being too old, too much like every other game, or that it was a complete moneybag of failure? it's too much for me to worry over!

gaming is in stasis to me

Guitar Woman Oct 26th, 2007 10:37 PM

So I just spent like 5 minutes taking shit from some prick on Yahtzee's forums about how Um Jammer Lammy is terrible and that it has shit tracks with shit guitar playing and singing, after which he proceeded to be all GUITAR HERO 3 IS GONNA HAVE THE BEST SOUNDTRACK EVAR

it made me :oneofthosedays

MLE Oct 26th, 2007 11:01 PM

At first I thought you said Gitaroo Man and I was like WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT

Guitar Woman Oct 26th, 2007 11:03 PM

I've never played Gitaroo Man :<

MLE Oct 26th, 2007 11:04 PM

I can not talk to you again until you have.

Emu Oct 27th, 2007 12:48 PM

Guys I have a question.

The copy of SOTN I bought seems to be working about 90% okay but has a few errors due to a very small (probably about an eighth of an inch long) but rather deep scratch on its backside. This results mostly in some errors with the music at certain parts (mostly in the Marble Gallery and the first section of the SPOILERinverted castleSPOILER)
and some pretty bad graphics errors when I transist past a disc-reading area when moving from said areas. The graphics errors can be fixed by re-loading the area but this is kind of a pain in the ass. Being in the aforementioned areas when the music is screwing up results in some lag and/or freezing when I try to access the start menu or die. Opening and closing the disc cover usually fixes this.

The dude I bought it from said he would resurface it if it gave me any problems, but as I understand it there's some risk involved in it and if he resurfaces it I probably won't be able to get my money back. :( Should I have it done?

Fathom Zero Oct 27th, 2007 04:41 PM

Well, I'd do it if those parts are that important to you. I've buffed and resurfaced almost all of my games. Never had a problem.

MLE Oct 30th, 2007 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathom Zero (Post 508998)
I've buffed and resurfaced almost all of my games.

You must take pretty poor care of your games, then.

Fathom Zero Oct 30th, 2007 07:58 PM

Guilty! :lol

Actually, since I turned fourteen and realized that trading in games is stupid, I've kept them all in the original cases instead of on spools like I did.

Emu Oct 30th, 2007 08:00 PM

Every time I go into gamestop anymore they try to convince me that trading in games will save me money.

Fathom Zero Oct 30th, 2007 08:10 PM

The turning point for me was looking around for Shadow Hearts 2 and Katamari Damacy only to remember I'd traded them in for Halo 2 or something gay.

Emu Oct 30th, 2007 08:23 PM

Speaking of Katamari, I found it in a ghetto pawn shop for 8 dollars. Bought Fatal Frame III instead because I figure Katamari probably has a longer shelf life. :[

Edit: Meaning I could come back and get it later when I had money.

MLE Oct 30th, 2007 10:35 PM

Katamari is hard to find, dude. At least it was about 8-12 months after the small release. I doubt they upped production at that time.

Fathom Zero Oct 30th, 2007 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chojin (Post 509208)
Halo isn't old enough for that. However, it does have its plot broken up into tons of books, and now supplemented by Halo Wars.

And Street Fighter has the mangas, the animes, the movies, et cetera.

MLE Oct 30th, 2007 11:24 PM

I don't think he was discrediting that in that quote, I believe he was trying to establish that the point noob was trying to make in that thread was less relevant than he originally intended.