I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Show your Toys! (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69704932)

Tanuki Aug 12th, 2010 05:07 PM

Show your Toys!

No, not THOSE kind of toys...

Well, I'm a mad toy collector! I've been collecting toys since I was little, and though my mom made me get rid of most of them when I was younger, I salvaged some and rebuilt my collection by going to cons. Here's my collection as of Otakon 2010.

I'll do close-up pictures of the collection eventually. My favorite figure in my collection HAS to be the Protoman.

What are your gems in your collections? What gems do you WANT in your collections?

...anyone want that Jack poster?

Mockery Aug 12th, 2010 10:16 PM

Haven't seen one of these threads in a while actually, good call. I'll post some of mine when I have a chance. I know I have some old photos of them lying around somewhere.

Anyway, pretty decent sized collection you have there, though I'm not familiar with most of those characters. Looks like anime-related toys for the most part?

Phoenix Gamma Aug 13th, 2010 01:35 AM

Somebody really likes Kingdom Hearts...:rolleyes
I like your Protoman though :D I only have X right now and a capsule Bass figure, but I have that awesome Mega Man model kit on preorder. It looks way better than what Jazwares shits out.

I'm too lazy to take pictures of all my stuff right now. It's spread across my bookcase, dresser, and desk. I'll say right off the bat that Professor Layton is probably my favorite toy. You can give that guy any accessory and he'll make magic happen.

Tanuki Aug 13th, 2010 08:48 AM

Okay, here's the promised close-ups.

The old MOBIP K-On! figures were really nice--figma released some better quality ones, but since I had already bought two mobips I bought a third one just for quality consistency.

I had to order that Blissey from China...

I've had the Clow Card book since I was ten. And like hell I'm letting go of it.

There's a story behind that random-ass mitten...when I was little I thought the mittens were puppets. So I named them Slushy and Slush-Slush. I lost Slush-Slush.

On a side note, Psychic Academy has got to be one of the worst manga I've ever read. It's like Twilight for anime fans, only less of a following.

I didn't want the Miku nendoroid petit...I wanted Haku. But it was from one of those random figure boxes.
And I don't like Kingdom Hearts as much as I used to, because the fandom is annoying as hell. I just thought the figures were really good quality--Play Arts tends to do a good job with figures. And speaking of Protoman, I'm waiting for Kotobukiya to release their new Megaman.

And you have a Layton toy, Phoenix!? Where did you get that!?

And here's the two gems I WANT for my collection...
http://www.jlist.com/PRODUCT/YYN250
http://www.jlist.com/PRODUCT/YYN360

Phoenix Gamma Aug 13th, 2010 11:17 AM

http://www.amiami.jp/shop/?set=engli...e_display.html
~$25 with shipping.
Also holy poop dust off your toys, man.

Tanuki Aug 13th, 2010 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoenix Gamma (Post 695046)
http://www.amiami.jp/shop/?set=engli...e_display.html
~$25 with shipping.
Also holy poop dust off your toys, man.

Heheh, sorry. I've been at school, then got a "job" of sorts (volunteering all summer), so my figures kind of got neglected.

darkvare Aug 13th, 2010 01:57 PM

i have lots but i'm to lazy to post pics besides some are nsfw

Dimnos Aug 13th, 2010 03:12 PM

Put em in spoiler tags.

Mockery Aug 13th, 2010 03:21 PM

Ok, I found a bunch of my old toy photos. All the ones I've acquired in recent years are in storage at the moment, so I'll have to get pics of them later. Anywhere, here's what my collection looked like when I was still living in Richmond:

Dimnos Aug 13th, 2010 03:30 PM

Robo Force! Man I almost forgot about those guys. :lol

Tanuki Aug 13th, 2010 04:22 PM

THAT FREDDY! I love it.

executioneer Aug 13th, 2010 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimnos (Post 695087)
Put em in spoiler tags.

dude no just link to them. photos in spoiler tags still get downloaded to the harddrive and can get people in trouble at work

Dimnos Aug 13th, 2010 04:58 PM

Then that.

DougClayton4231 Aug 14th, 2010 07:31 AM

That Spiderman is pretty amazing.

Chojin Aug 14th, 2010 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tanuki (Post 694942)

Tanuki Aug 14th, 2010 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chojin (Post 695162)

Yada yada, I waste money, blah blah. I'm selling them all eventually.

Mockery Aug 14th, 2010 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimnos (Post 695089)
Robo Force! Man I almost forgot about those guys. :lol

Easily one of the favorite toylines of my youth. I made a Robo Force fan page a long time ago actually and eventually reviewed some of the other toys that were never released. Check 'em out, I'm sure they'll bring back some memories.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tanuki (Post 695095)
THAT FREDDY! I love it.

Yeah, that was a good series o' toys. There's also a small Freddy toy from Matchbox up there too, where he's riding on a van.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DougClayton4231 (Post 695136)
That Spiderman is pretty amazing.

In an earlier apartment, there was this weird nook carved out up by the ceiling, so Re built an entire cityscape and had it backlit. We had that Spider-Man danging in front of it. It looked so awesome. I'll see if I can find a photo of it.

DougClayton4231 Aug 14th, 2010 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mockery (Post 695173)
In an earlier apartment, there was this weird nook carved out up by the ceiling, so Re built an entire cityscape and had it backlit. We had that Spider-Man danging in front of it. It looked so awesome. I'll see if I can find a photo of it.

That would be amazing to see. My girlfriend is no where near cool enough to let me do something like that lol.

darkvare Aug 14th, 2010 10:35 PM

sorry for the size more to come
here is the one that might be nsfw
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...4082010175.jpg

Tanuki Aug 15th, 2010 08:29 AM

I do like that Millia Rage one, darkvare.

Wiffles Aug 15th, 2010 10:51 AM

I want those vocaloid and lucky star figures <3
sadly i dont have a collection of any sort -.-;

Tanuki Aug 15th, 2010 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wiffles (Post 695234)
I want those vocaloid and lucky star figures <3
sadly i dont have a collection of any sort -.-;

The lucky star figmas break very easily. Konata's arm wouldn't move at the shoulder, and I accidentally pushed it too far. Now her arm's held together by glue.

As for Miku, her stand's broken. The blinds in my old dorm suddenly collapsed atop my figures.

Yeah, Figmas don't stand damage too well...

Fathom Zero Aug 15th, 2010 11:54 AM

i like small soldiers too, Darkvare

darkvare Aug 15th, 2010 02:22 PM

i had another small soldiers but it was stolen :(

Sam Aug 15th, 2010 03:08 PM

I DIDN'T KNOW MEXICO WAS SO DUSTY

darkvare Aug 15th, 2010 03:37 PM

the cleaning lady cleans tomorrow

Phoenix Gamma Aug 15th, 2010 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tanuki (Post 695240)
The lucky star figmas break very easily. Konata's arm wouldn't move at the shoulder, and I accidentally pushed it too far. Now her arm's held together by glue.

As for Miku, her stand's broken. The blinds in my old dorm suddenly collapsed atop my figures.

Yeah, Figmas don't stand damage too well...

Then you have ham hands. 10 figmas and not one broken part.

Tanuki Aug 15th, 2010 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoenix Gamma (Post 695278)
Then you have ham hands. 10 figmas and not one broken part.

Now that I think about it, Miku and Konata were my first figmas, so that might explain it.

But yeah I am a bit of a butterfingers.

robo_rob Aug 19th, 2010 08:10 PM

Seeing as my toy collection is mostly in boxes in my basement at the moment, hows about I show you all the exclusives from this years BotCon?

This is the 2010 box set, the theme is G2 Redux, but it's a mix of G2 (one based on a never released toy, the other the first BotCon exclusive from 94) homages, European G1 toys that were not released in the US, and a guy from the Robots In Disguise cartoon being worked into the classic Transformers cartoon universe.

This is Slicer, the Attendee toy exclusive. Basically you have to preregister with the 'Primus Package' to get this toy. It's a homage to Slicer, who was a European Actionmaster. OR He can be used as a Shattered Glass Wheeljack. Shattered Glass is the theme of the 2008 set and is a mirror universe type setting. The fan club and convention organizers like to re-purpose toys as needed for fiction, so Slicer here can serve as two different official characters.

This is the first of the add on Souvenir toys for the set. You get the boxed set and attendee toy by preregistering, then there is others to pick up at the convention only, whats left are sold online. This is Rapido and Cindersaur. Rapido was G2 Autobot who gets one great homage here and Cindersaur is based on the G2 Firecons. The Firecons were 3 Decepticons from G1, who in G2 were released in Europe only, but just as a duo. Cindersaur here is a homage to the missing third Firecon.

This is the larger of the souvenir sets. It's Doublepunch, who was a European Actionmaster Elite (Actionmasters who transformed). Also is Scorch who originally was a European toy that came out in the time between G1 and G2. Lastly that little white square (sorry for the fuzzy cellphone pics) is Shattered Glass Ravage. OR it can be a new Glit toy, Glit being from the Japanese TF KISS toyline (its pretty gross, lots of implied rape)

Lastly, the troop builder pack of the set, a 3 pack of Sharkticons. The pic aint so great, so here is a better pic. LINK

In fact, here's better pics and decriptions LINK

robo_rob Aug 19th, 2010 11:00 PM

Here's some Kabaya Candy Models. G1 Optimus Prime, Classics Optimus Prime, and Star Saber. They transform too.

Tanuki Aug 20th, 2010 04:41 PM

HI GUYS!

Fathom Zero Aug 20th, 2010 04:43 PM

OMG AWESOME

Mockery Aug 20th, 2010 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robo_rob (Post 695766)
Seeing as my toy collection is mostly in boxes in my basement at the moment, hows about I show you all the exclusives from this years BotCon?

Damn, I haven't seen any of those. Then again, I've never been to BotCon, but it looks like they did a nice job on the figures. I'm particularly envious of your Sharkticons. Always loved those guys :O

10,000 Volt Ghost Aug 21st, 2010 05:46 PM

Rob, did you ever end up getting that Grimlock you were talking about?

robo_rob Aug 22nd, 2010 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mockery (Post 695928)
Damn, I haven't seen any of those. Then again, I've never been to BotCon, but it looks like they did a nice job on the figures. I'm particularly envious of your Sharkticons. Always loved those guys :O

Yeah, each year there is exclusive toys that range from brand new characters to classic characters made from existing toy molds recolored and sometimes with new parts. Since 2005 (new people took over operations) each year is a big ass set that has a central theme. This years hit the ball out of the park for me in terms of awesome. Last years had a guy named Landshark that was a homage to Chevy Chase and his colors in vehicle mode looked like the station wagon from Vacation. That was awesome.

robo_rob Aug 22nd, 2010 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost (Post 696025)
Rob, did you ever end up getting that Grimlock you were talking about?

Oh yeah, I've had him. However, you can score one at Toys R Us now for a lot cheaper than I got mine AND he comes with his accessories from the Marvel comics version of the toy.

robo_rob Aug 22nd, 2010 11:14 PM

Here's the newest Optimus Prime toy, based on his appearance in the current TF video game and book. It's nifty, but transforming him induces an act of rage that makes me wake up wearing purple shorts and wondering what happened.

Probably turned into this...

Wish I would dust the shelves in that state of anger.

Zhukov Aug 23rd, 2010 10:37 AM

Nice plastic Rob.

Auto, matic, just for my people.

Auto, matic, just for my crew.

robo_rob Aug 23rd, 2010 12:01 PM

Nice, I've got the Skywarp, those are great figures.

Fathom Zero Aug 30th, 2010 05:00 PM

http://incubot.com/s2/index.html

WANT IT

Nick Sep 2nd, 2010 09:20 PM

edit: purple and made of rubber or not, that still looks like a cock. quit it

The Leader Sep 3rd, 2010 09:38 PM

dextire Sep 3rd, 2010 11:11 PM

Holy crap, Leader! Make up your bed. :)
That is a most impressive collection of toys! The last picture looks like you went to a toy store and just decided to buy the entire rack.

I have to say that Brobee sticks out the most though. Looks like he made Raph hang himself.

The Leader Sep 4th, 2010 08:42 AM

:lol

I never noticed how Raph looked in that picture. Also, those pictures are a year old and some of the stuff in there is gone. :( I still have most of it but I think I got rid of most of the Spawn figures on the top shelf of my book case, among other things.

Nick Sep 4th, 2010 11:40 AM

I don't think I could stand having a mess like that. :(

Tadao Sep 5th, 2010 03:58 AM

That bed has never felt the nekid flesh of a woman. :(

darkvare Sep 5th, 2010 07:15 PM

lol i love the cream near the bed

10,000 Volt Ghost Sep 5th, 2010 07:20 PM

Dammit son clean your room or your going to SUPERJAIL!!!!!!!!

The Leader Sep 5th, 2010 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tadao (Post 697126)

:(

Tanuki Sep 5th, 2010 10:09 PM

That bed looks extremely comfy.

Mockery Sep 6th, 2010 12:11 AM

That room is what I call SENSORY OVERLOAD :O :O :O

Hell of a nice collection, but it definitely needs some organizing so it doesn't look the aftermath of a three-way brawl between a toy store, a yard sale and a bedroom. I'd be wary of walking in there out of fear of stepping on some o' those toys.

10,000 Volt Ghost Sep 7th, 2010 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tadao (Post 697126)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tanuki (Post 697173)
That bed looks extremely comfy.

YET :):orgasm:):orgasm

Tadao Sep 7th, 2010 04:07 PM

The closest those two would get to sex is making their dolls hump.

The Leader Sep 7th, 2010 05:14 PM

You're just upset that you don't have any dolls.

Zhukov Sep 9th, 2010 06:31 AM

In primary school, a male friend of mine and I used to make our transformers have sex. Is that gay? Arcee was not involved if that helps.

Phoenix Gamma Sep 9th, 2010 02:49 PM

What about her sisters?

And it's only gay if you liked it. It'd also make you a robosexual, which is a way bigger concern.

robo_rob Sep 10th, 2010 10:59 AM

Only if you drew pictures and wrote fic.

Zhukov Sep 12th, 2010 07:48 AM

Well, back on track:

TTTETTTTTTT

SSSSUUUOOOOOOOOOOOO!

KKKKEEEENNNAAAAAADDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAA!

The Leader Sep 12th, 2010 09:42 AM

Where are Kaneda's racing goggles?

Zhukov Sep 13th, 2010 08:29 AM

Damn, I don't know.

elx Sep 14th, 2010 01:41 PM

dude your bedroom is awesomeeeee, don't clean it

MarioRPG Sep 14th, 2010 05:05 PM

Giving more props to The Leader because he is a cool dude and has lotsa cool stuff.

robo_rob Sep 14th, 2010 07:20 PM

Since Rog liked those BotCon toys, here is a few more. Sorry about the blurry cellphone pics.

The 2005 set, there was add ons with this too, but they are in a box thats under a box, thats under the ark...

The 2006 set

Just like the 05 set, they are somewhere in the basement.

The 2007 set

The add ons are also in that box near the ark i believe, one is an awesome Alpha Trion

Some Fan Club toys

And for the hell of it, one of the 2000 exclusives and a good view of my basement, which is where the bulk of my TF collection resides. One day, I'd like to get them back up in their own display room again.

dextire Sep 14th, 2010 07:44 PM

Those are some great Transformers! Do you ever actually transform them, or do you just leave them pristine in the box?

robo_rob Sep 14th, 2010 07:51 PM

I usually take them out, right now while my collection is sitting in a basement, its mostly boxed up. The BotCon ones I can pop right back into the boxes.

robo_rob Sep 14th, 2010 08:07 PM

Since the Masterpiece toys are pretty popular here, here's a add on for the Optimus Prime one that came out in 2004. It's a hand that can fit onto OP's arm over where his hand is (duh) and holding a little Spike pvc. This is actually an official ad on, like the trailer originally was. Most MP add on kits are 3rd party.

Speaking of MP, those rat bastards just had to do Rodimus Prime when I'm broker than shit...

Phoenix Gamma Sep 26th, 2010 04:48 PM

I got my Mega Man model kit in the mail the other day. Took about 2 or 3 hours to put together. Love 'em though. Came with three different faces, a buster gun, and small and large bullets to shoot. Oh, and a sweet E Tank!

Gotta touch up the marks where I cut, but other than that, this was really easy to put together, and he's got great articulation. Finally a good Mega Man toy.

Sam Sep 26th, 2010 05:02 PM

I just got that Mega Man too.

Phoenix Gamma Sep 26th, 2010 06:06 PM

YES!

I love the angry face cause he has no eyebrows so he shows anger by puffing up his cheeks :lol
Also recreating all his old poses is fun. I made him slide and was all WOAH SHIT IT'S LIKE IT'S REALLY MEGA MAN.

MarioRPG Sep 26th, 2010 07:37 PM

ahahaha, that E tank is awesome.

The Doctor Sep 26th, 2010 08:18 PM

Where did you purchase the Mega Man? Also, was there a Samus one? I saw an article that pictured Mega and Samus.

Phoenix Gamma Sep 26th, 2010 09:04 PM

Uh, Mega Man can be found on a few sites. I got it off of a site called amiami; they sell Japanese toys for really good prices. But I think you can find him on a lot of other sites. Look up "Mega Man Kotobukiya Kit". First result got me Hobby Search, which isn't too bad of a site. They ship internationally:
http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10117409
You don't need to paint him or glue anything, it all snaps together. You just want something to cut the pieces off though and maybe a hair dryer to heat up the tabs after you cut them. Roll is due out in December and Protoman sometime early next year I think. Really great kit, really easy to assemble.

As for Samus, there's just a Resin Kit by this guy Dimension Driver. It'll cost you a shitload though. I'm looking at one for $50 on ebay right now which is actually really ridiculous. But you need to purchase your own joints and dremel them in. Ends in about 5 hours if you fancy yourself a handyman:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...:B:WNA:US:1123

Bandai's supposedly releasing a Samus figure sometime in the future. They recently announced a list and she was included, so I'm totally excited for that. But other than those and the piece of crap from Nintendo Power, you're not gonna find a Samus figure right now :(

darkvare Sep 26th, 2010 11:52 PM

are these kotobukiya do it yourself stuff?

Phoenix Gamma Sep 27th, 2010 01:00 AM

Kotobukiya is the name of the company. They mostly do statues of stuff like Marvel, Star Wars, and a random assortment of Japanese shows. Really pretty stuff; kinda pricey, but you get what you pay for.

Mega Man is part of another line of kits the company puts out where all you do is take these plastic sheets and cut the parts off and snap them together, then if you're hardcore about this kinda stuff you can paint them or maybe just put a finish on them. Depending on the figure it can take awhile, but Mega Man's pretty simple when you look at the instructions and only took me about 90 minutes to maybe two hours cause I was really concentrating on making clean cuts as I followed the guide.

http://www.1999.co.jp/itbig11/10117409n.jpg
Each piece is numbered and each sheet has a letter so it's super simple for anyone to figure out.
http://www.1999.co.jp/itbig11/10117409z3.jpg

The Doctor Sep 27th, 2010 03:15 PM

Thanks Phoenix!

Kitsa Sep 30th, 2010 08:59 PM

I have boxfuls of he-man, thundercats and voltron stuff I need to do something with.

The Leader Sep 30th, 2010 09:13 PM

Give them to me. I will pay you.

The Leader Sep 30th, 2010 09:24 PM

Seriously. I will get you baby stuff and pay for shipping and do sexual favors.

MLE Sep 30th, 2010 09:48 PM

Kitsa, I seriously need to talk to you about the voltron toys. I'll pay shipping and do art for you.

MLE Sep 30th, 2010 09:50 PM

I'm totally serious. This is for a heartfelt present for someone else.

The Leader Sep 30th, 2010 09:56 PM

I WAS HERE FIRST

The Leader Sep 30th, 2010 09:56 PM

AND I WAS SERIOUS FIRST

Zhukov Sep 30th, 2010 10:28 PM

Kitsa, send me everything you own. I can pay you in chocolate money.

I am dead serious.

captain516 Oct 1st, 2010 12:02 AM

I HAVE NOTHING TO PAY YOU WITH BUT MY UNDYING GRATITUDE
seriously though, I'm intrested

MLE Oct 1st, 2010 12:25 AM

See, I wasn't a greedy fuck and I just offered for a specific toy. You all tried to jump in for EVERYTHING. Also, you all want it for yourself, and I want it to replace a cherished childhood toy for someone that's very special to me.

Also, she never said anything about giving away or selling actually. She just said she needs to do something with them.

The Leader Oct 1st, 2010 07:59 AM

I bet she's going to make art with them or something dumb like that.

Dimnos Oct 1st, 2010 10:32 AM

She is starting a website meltedchildhoodmemories.com :\

Sam Oct 1st, 2010 04:36 PM

KITSA I WANT YOUR VOLTRON FOR THE SAME REASON MLE DOES.

Tadao Oct 1st, 2010 05:17 PM

sexy

stevetothepast Oct 1st, 2010 05:43 PM

Kitsa send me your old silverware, I keep throwing mine in the trash instead of washing it.

darkvare Oct 1st, 2010 06:43 PM

kitsa put that stuff on ebay starting at a 100$ and may the best win

Kitsa Oct 1st, 2010 08:15 PM

I need to get the boxes and see what I've got, we can go from there.

Fathom Zero Oct 1st, 2010 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimnos (Post 699569)
She is starting a website meltedchildhoodmemories.com :\

:lol That deserved more.

robo_rob Nov 8th, 2010 08:21 PM

New Soundwave toy goodness

He turns into a Cybertronian truck thingy... because kids like to push cars around and have no clue what a tape deck is.

But since he turns into a kinda boombox looking computer in the current video game, he has a pretty easy to figure out fan mode. Or just a third mode they left out of the instructions.

His guns even fit into his chest and look like cassette spools.

Pentegarn Nov 9th, 2010 12:17 AM

Kids these days suck. They should know what a tape deck is. I didn't grow up around a victrola, but I know what one is

Tadao Nov 9th, 2010 12:39 PM

Cant he turn into a working mp3 player? How do they explain the name soundwave? Transformers suck since they made a cartoon out of it.

robo_rob Nov 9th, 2010 12:59 PM

There is a working MP3 player Soundwave toy, but they keep insisting on making him a vehicle of sorts. He is the communications officer, so the name still fits in some way. Of course the whole novelty of being a tape player who's tapes turned into little dudes is pretty awesome. I doubt they'll ever get over that.

Ex Leper Nov 9th, 2010 05:31 PM

I regretfully didn't keep my childhood toys but I'm slowly trying to start up a collection again (including non-sports trading cars). I will post what I have soon.

Ex Leper Nov 9th, 2010 06:14 PM

Llast toy my friend made 4 me.

dextire Nov 9th, 2010 07:00 PM

A mighty fine mirrored collection, Ex Leper! I especially like the Martian Leader. :)
Can you tell me what the mutant frog/lizard thing is?