I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Shoes on or off? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69707016)

Zomboid Jul 13th, 2011 02:14 AM

Shoes on or off?

I don't know why I've never though to ask this here before. Do most Americans really wear their shoes indoors? If so, why? For me and literally everyone I know, it'd be very weird to walk around inside with your shoes on--unless you're running in and out, or something.

executioneer Jul 13th, 2011 02:21 AM

i don't! Most of the people I know take them off once they're indoors, too

WhiteRat Jul 13th, 2011 02:26 AM

By indoors do you mean at home? If so,nearly everyone I know takes their shoes off at home. I do have a few friends though that really don't care if you keep them on or not; most of those have shitty carpet and simply don't care (shitty renters).

Where did you get the assumption that most Americans leave them on?

Zomboid Jul 13th, 2011 02:56 AM

Yeah, I meant at home. I guess it's always just sort of been an assumption here that Americans did that. It happens all the time on TV, especially.

Esuohlim Jul 13th, 2011 03:00 AM

Hell no, shoes off

MattJack Jul 13th, 2011 03:02 AM

having a jap for a g/f, the shoes come off before I set foot inside. "It's like me pouring sand in your bowl of rice."

Tadao Jul 13th, 2011 03:13 AM

It's only rude if you take your shoes off in someone else's home when you hardly know them.

Grislygus Jul 13th, 2011 03:18 AM

I leave them on if I'm going somewhere, I guess?

LordSappington Jul 13th, 2011 03:26 AM

I take them off whenever I can. I walk around outside barefoot too, especially in Fall and Winter. I just don't like shoes.

ThrashO Jul 13th, 2011 03:37 AM

That's the wierdest question :\

I usually have my shoes off, if I plan on going for a run or going to the store I'll usually throw them on. I don't see a problem with wearing shoes inside unless you just stepped in fresh dog shit.

As for it being a politeness thing I can understand but I feel wierd going into someones house I don't really know and taking my shoes off. Sometimes I'll ask and if they say to take them off I'll say FUCK YOU

WhiteRat Jul 13th, 2011 03:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zomboid (Post 731517)
Yeah, I meant at home. I guess it's always just sort of been an assumption here that Americans did that. It happens all the time on TV, especially.

You also never see anyone on tv go to the bathroom either. Well there was that one time on Everybody Loves Raymond when Brad Garrett's character took a shit on Ray's coffee table so I guess you could say that you don't see bathroom breaks often but that doesn't mean Americans don't poop or pee.

All Hail Duke Jul 13th, 2011 04:25 AM

i leave them on until i go to sleep, as i usually end up having to do something until then

Chojin Jul 13th, 2011 05:19 AM

shoes on all the time

Kitsa Jul 13th, 2011 07:50 AM

I never wear shoes when I don't have to.

MarioRPG Jul 13th, 2011 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zomboid (Post 731517)
It happens all the time on TV, especially.

Yeah, thinking back that's really true.

Colonel Flagg Jul 13th, 2011 09:56 AM

Off.

Zomboid Jul 13th, 2011 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteRat (Post 731528)
You also never see anyone on tv go to the bathroom either. Well there was that one time on Everybody Loves Raymond when Brad Garrett's character took a shit on Ray's coffee table so I guess you could say that you don't see bathroom breaks often but that doesn't mean Americans don't poop or pee.

But that's seeing them not do something, whereas when I was growing up, I'd always see shit like the Tim's bastard kids on Home Improvement always wearing their shoes even while laying on their beds. Needless to say, it was quite a confusing time. I googled it (and "Do Americans wear shoes indoors was like the third option that popped up after "do americans") and it seems like a lot of people claim to have foot problems, or something.

Quote:

Shoes on all the time
Really? Do you find it comfortable, or what?

10,000 Volt Ghost Jul 13th, 2011 11:59 AM

It depends on if you have tile/hardwood floors or carpet. I think tim allens kids were always outside/inside/outside/inside though.

Flip flops are where its at.

Dixie Jul 13th, 2011 12:24 PM

i only wear shoes when i absolutely have to.
many people wear shoes alot to curb the spread of fungi and to hide their mutated feet.
i used to know a guy who wore shoes all the time, even when swimming because his big toe looked like a thumb without a toenail.

executioneer Jul 13th, 2011 01:09 PM

"do you want the shoes on, or off"
"off, please"
"TOO BAD" :sealab

Aaarg Jul 13th, 2011 01:27 PM

fuck shoes i never have them on in the house unless i am just getting in and haven't had a chance to remove them. i don't have those convenient shoes you can just slip off.

but basically unless i'm going somewhere all day or going to do some outdoor activity, i wear flip flops anyway.

my friend used to wear shoes all the fucking time, and it was weird. apparently his feet were baby soft.

that's bullshit. they're feet. they should be rough.

Dixie Jul 13th, 2011 01:43 PM

Pedegg and olive or coconut oil keep my feet soft and squeezable like charmin.
man feet can be rough and it's acceptable. if lady feet look like something you feed your fish it is not as acceptable.

Aaarg Jul 13th, 2011 01:50 PM

acceptable smacceptable, give me a gal who's not afraid to walk around in a creek barefoot!

Dixie Jul 13th, 2011 02:05 PM

DEAD BY DAWN! DEAD BY DAWN!

Aaarg Jul 13th, 2011 02:12 PM

CONTRARY TO POPULAR BELIEF WALKING AROUND BAREFOOT WILL NOT DO THAT TO YOUR FEET!!