I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   What are you playing right now? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69697399)

Dimnos Jul 16th, 2009 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam (Post 637979)
WAY TO TURN THE WHAT ARE YOU PLAYING NOW THREAD INTO THE ARGUMENT THREAD DIMNOS. >:

YOU ASSHOLE WHO WON'T PLAY WaW WITH ME. >:

Sorry on both accounts. :lol

Ill be on WaW tonight. I swear! I have been to wrapped up in the Blood Bowl.

Dimnos Jul 16th, 2009 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigtimecow (Post 637981)
i really like sid meyer's pirates

Damn that came back to blow up in my face. I forgot all about that kick ass game of kicking ass! :\

Dimnos Jul 16th, 2009 05:17 PM

What have you been playing mostly in WaW anyway Sam? Deathmatch? Capture the flag? Zombies?

Tadao Jul 16th, 2009 05:31 PM

On 360 W@W do you guys have Tactical Crouch Only Deathmatch Servers? Like no run and gun and no jumping, no blind fire or blind grenades?

Dimnos Jul 16th, 2009 05:44 PM

I dont think so. We have a hardcore but I think that just makes you die faster and takes away the kill cam. How do you get rid of run and gun and blind fire?

Tadao Jul 16th, 2009 06:03 PM

You have server mods who kick and ban people who don't follow the rules ;)

Sam Jul 16th, 2009 08:33 PM

I like to play the zombies and I really just started the multiplayer so I am still in Boot Camp. :(

Dimnos Jul 16th, 2009 10:07 PM

I just prestiged. You might be higher level then me.

bigtimecow Jul 17th, 2009 09:36 AM

GUYS THE DIG IS SOOOOOOOOOOO AWESOME

but right now i'm stuck
Spoilers!

Dimnos Jul 17th, 2009 11:30 AM

Sorry. I never played that one. Do you have a free DL?

Sam Jul 17th, 2009 03:17 PM

It's like $5 on Steam.

I've been playing Holy Invasion of Privacy Badman! What Did I Do To Deserve This? on PSP and it's really cool.

Also trying to beat Oblivion since I haven't yet and it's eating up 2 gigs of my hard drive. :(

executioneer Jul 17th, 2009 04:39 PM

i'm thinkin of criming a copy of fallout3 so i can see how badly my PC runs it, plus get some naked lady mods

MarioRPG Jul 18th, 2009 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by executioneer (Post 638123)
i'm thinkin of criming a copy of fallout3 so i can see how badly my PC runs it, plus get some naked lady mods

But... CAN YOU RUN IT?

Tadao Jul 18th, 2009 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimnos (Post 637386)
Thats it. Im buying everything on computer from now on. >:

New PC patch for W@W, just got map pak2 ;)

M. Blaze Jul 18th, 2009 02:59 PM

Sam & Max Save The World, which I downloaded from Xbox Live a few days ago and started playing today (been busy with Ninja Gaiden II and The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition). I really should have bought this for the PC or Wii years ago because it's awesome, but better late than never, I guess.

Maybe I should also go back to Indiana Jones & The Fate of Atlantis... I got that from Steam last week, played it for a while and then ended up getting stuck. I'm sure the solution to the particular puzzle is completely obvious, though, it usually is.

executioneer Jul 18th, 2009 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarioRPG (Post 638175)

of course i can RUN it but i didnt pass the recommended tab, hence the "HOW BADLY" part. plus i doubt sysrequirementslab can detect the glitch my videocard has developed since i took it apart to clean the fan :(

executioneer Jul 18th, 2009 10:19 PM

(this glitch is the main reason i haven't d/led any s.t.a.l.k.e.r. mods- that's the only game that's really affected so far, it crashes it on the title screen usually :( )

10,000 Volt Ghost Jul 23rd, 2009 11:10 AM

Star Ocean: The last hope. Rented it for now but thinking about buying it. I loved SO2 but didn't play much of 3 at all. Last hope is a lot of fun so far. The voice acting isn't terrible and the battle system is pretty fun. Real time combat with visible enemies on the field map. Once you run into an enemy it switches to a battle screen seperate of the field map. It just doesn't seem like a any rpgs do that anymore.

OxBlood Jul 24th, 2009 03:22 AM

I stopped playing Star Ocean: tlh after around 15 hours, don´t really know why, but I guess it has something to do with the fact that my 360 is SO fucking loud I can hardly hear anything else in the room, and I am NOT exaggerating. My hairdryer makes less noise but I don´t want to shell out another 100 bucks to get a new 360. Stupid piece of electronic junk.

Apart from that, I actually had fun with battlefield heroes yesterday...funny little game.

10,000 Volt Ghost Jul 24th, 2009 09:01 AM

We barely use the XBOX so its still in good condition. Only spent about 30-50 hours on RE5 and about 3 on Soul Calibur 4.

Dimnos Jul 24th, 2009 01:40 PM

How far into the last hope are you 10k? I picked it up about a week ago and played it for a about an hour. I have been busy playing other stuff and havent really got a chance to pick it back up yet.

10,000 Volt Ghost Jul 24th, 2009 04:03 PM

I have 3 chars now and just left the first planet. I'm in space on the way to a new one. I've just been battling to get items so I can synth better equipment. My smithing is level 4 now. I had to relearn how to blindside enemies and how to use the bonus board. I was kinda sleepy when I went through the battle simulator the first time around.

Dimnos Jul 24th, 2009 04:07 PM

Do you get to pilot the ship at all? Or chose what planet to go to next or anything like that?

10,000 Volt Ghost Jul 24th, 2009 04:35 PM

I don't know yet. So far some guy was like, "This is the next closest planet we can get to so we'll auto-pilot it there." It would be nice if you could just cruise around though,

10,000 Volt Ghost Jul 25th, 2009 11:07 AM

Before you leave the first planet get as much iron as you can and level up smithing.

Guitar Woman Jul 25th, 2009 11:44 AM

Metroid Prime!

I forgot how great all the lore is, especially in the second one.

Phoenix Gamma Jul 25th, 2009 12:07 PM

Waiting for the Wii rerelease. I liked the Gamecube games at the time (well, not really. Whatever) but afterplaying Prime 3, Prime 1 was really hard to play.

Wii Sports Resort was leaked yesterday. I'm glad there's a little more substance to the whole package, even though a couple of the games are a little shallow (and dumb. When did anyone ever use their hands to pedal a bike?) I like flying around the most :D

Guitar Woman Jul 25th, 2009 03:48 PM

I had a hard time getting back into the gamecube controls, too, but when I did, they're way, way, way, way, way better than the waggle homo shit Corruption pulls.

I still can't get past the SCRUNCH-O-VISION visor borders at the edges of the screen, though.

darkvare Jul 25th, 2009 05:22 PM

i got red steel for 29 pesos meaning 2 dollars 20 cents but im triying to exchange it for time splitters 2 cause it really sux

Phoenix Gamma Jul 26th, 2009 02:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 639004)
I had a hard time getting back into the gamecube controls, too, but when I did, they're way, way, way, way, way better than the waggle homo shit Corruption pulls.

Wot? You mean aiming without standing in place and holding R? The Gamecube controls just make Samus' tank-like movement that much more obvious. The only real waggle Corruption uses is the grapple beam (which I like, actually) and the switches. The rest is just pointing and shooting.

It'll make the bullshit fights against the Chozo Ghosts way less frustrating. And to a lesser extent, Space Pirate fights, though that only frustrated me because the Space Pirtate Theme is so goddamn awful that I wanted the fights to be done with.

Guitar Woman Jul 26th, 2009 03:42 AM

It could also be that Prime 1 and 2 are just better games than Corruption. :/

Also, I got Diablo 2.

Holy shit, what a badass opening cinematic.

Tadao Jul 26th, 2009 04:28 AM

:rolleyes

Guitar Woman Jul 26th, 2009 04:35 AM

ORIGINAL WAS BETTER

El Renardo Jul 26th, 2009 07:28 AM

Me and my stepbrother recently got an NES emulator and we were trying to beat the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (you know, the one where you try to kick Shredder's arse with all of your four turtles), but after creating many saving points and losing all of our continues before the dreaded "Technodrome", we concluded that the game was next to impossible to beat without the Game Genie, although we tried our damnedest.

Phoenix Gamma Jul 26th, 2009 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 639055)
It could also be that Prime 1 and 2 are just better games than Corruption. :/

brb, looking for a million fucking keys

10,000 Volt Ghost Jul 26th, 2009 09:58 AM

emulators are lame for the save state reason.

El Renardo Jul 26th, 2009 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost (Post 639063)

They only have the save state to appeal to newer gamers, unfortunately.
To be honest, I didn't even know that there were emulators for the older systems until I started visiting I-Mockery, which was only a couple months ago. I just stuck to hooking up a NES that I've had since I was 5 and playing the few games that I still had for it, including the aforementioned TMNT as well as Castlevania II: Simon's Quest and Hogan's Alley. Yup, my Light Gun still works after all of these years, having shot the hell out of those thugs and cans and the occasional civilian who'd look like a thug to me.

MrSmiley381 Jul 26th, 2009 10:42 AM

I've been playing MadWorld a bit. Pretty fun, but I wish the bosses had a bit more character to them instead of being hopeless chumps I slaughter.

I bought M.U.S.H.A. on Virtual Console since I don't feel like shelling out the cash for a hard copy (yet) and holy crap is it amazing.

Holy Invasion of Privacy Badman, What Did I Do To Deserve This? is really interesting. There's a lot more strategy than I initially realized.

I'm about to start playing WipEout HD Fury. I hear it's absolutely radtacular.

Yeah, I'm playing a lot of games all over the place.

MarioRPG Jul 26th, 2009 12:02 PM

I've been meaning to pick up M.U.S.H.A but I always regret paying for that type of games.

executioneer Jul 26th, 2009 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Renardo (Post 639061)
Me and my stepbrother recently got an NES emulator and we were trying to beat the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (you know, the one where you try to kick Shredder's arse with all of your four turtles), but after creating many saving points and losing all of our continues before the dreaded "Technodrome", we concluded that the game was next to impossible to beat without the Game Genie, although we tried our damnedest.

i beat it w/o an emulator, you just suck at video games

bigtimecow Jul 26th, 2009 02:36 PM

monkey island is beat, i'm losing interest in the dig, BUT i just got braid and its awessoooooooome

in the infamous world, i'm almost at the 3rd island, have 260/350 blast shards, and holy fucking fucking crap is this game hard (like you didn't already know that)

Fathom Zero Jul 26th, 2009 03:54 PM

I beat it on hard so I traded it in, and a couple other games. I bought Battlefield 1943 (quite fun) and am saving my other $20 PSN to get MvC2 in ~2 weeks.

Phoenix Gamma Jul 26th, 2009 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost (Post 639063)

Depends on how you use it.

I'm not sitting down and playing Mario or Sonic in one sitting. Also, the first two Zeldas can't save properly because you need to hold reset when you power down.

Sam Jul 26th, 2009 04:17 PM

I'm getting ready to buy a PS3 because I am tired of my Xbox 360 fucking up whenever I try and play a new game. :tear

Phoenix Gamma Jul 26th, 2009 04:50 PM

You must be breathing on it too much. Stop breathing. It might overheat and die.

Almost at the end of Twilight Princess. On the last dungeon right now. I remember being bummed about getting "just another Clawshot". Now I realize how the auto-lock on lets Link zip from one point to another almost instantly. That, and hanging onto the sides of the giant spinning fans is just awesome.

Fuck the Oocco things, though. I hate them so much >:

Sam Jul 26th, 2009 04:58 PM

JUST GET READY FOR ME TO KICK YOUR ASS AT BLAZBLUE OKAY >:

kahljorn Jul 26th, 2009 05:58 PM

Quote:

Also, I got Diablo 2.

Holy shit, what a badass opening cinematic.
:lol I like how guitar woman can make anything ridiculous

Guitar Woman Jul 26th, 2009 06:44 PM

Get ready to be disappointed with the entire last hour of the game, PS

Guitar Woman Jul 26th, 2009 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam (Post 639095)
I'm getting ready to buy a PS3 because I am tired of my Xbox 360 fucking up whenever I try and play a new game. :tear

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVwiROEIHic

Sam Jul 26th, 2009 07:33 PM

What is that video because it's not important enough for me to sign up for youtube just to see it. :\

Tadao Jul 26th, 2009 07:35 PM

It was dumb.

Phoenix Gamma Jul 26th, 2009 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam (Post 639097)
JUST GET READY FOR ME TO KICK YOUR ASS AT BLAZBLUE OKAY >:

I CAN'T MY PS3 HAD TO BE SENT BACK TO SONY BECAUSE IT WON'T TURN ON.

I SPENT LIKE THIRTY MINUTES TRYING TO GET MY BLAZBLUE DISK OUT OF THAT FUCKING GRILL.

GRRRR VIDEOGAMES YOU MAKE ME SO MAD >:

Sam Jul 26th, 2009 08:01 PM

REALLY? :(

Phoenix Gamma Jul 26th, 2009 08:11 PM

YEA I DON'T KNOW WHEN I'LL GET IT BACK FROM THEM BUT IT BETTER BE SOON. BLAZBLUE ISN'T ON THE WII AND WIISPORTS RESORT DOESN'T HAVE ONLINE PLAY :(

I don't know how you guys can stand typing in all caps :V

bigtimecow Jul 26th, 2009 10:33 PM

UPDATE braid is hard FUCK

10,000 Volt Ghost Jul 27th, 2009 12:31 AM

Wow, I'm surprised he lasted that long wiht the PS3.

OxBlood Jul 27th, 2009 02:53 AM

Tried BF 1943 and I donīt yet know what to think of it...also bought Shatter from PSN. Quite a nice game.

Fathom Zero Jul 27th, 2009 03:09 AM

I have to get Shatter, too, but I need MvC2 more, so I'm savin' mah dough.

Phoenix Gamma Jul 28th, 2009 10:50 PM

Beat Twilight Princess with all the hearts, bugs, and other upgrades. Loved it.

Playing through Zelda II right now, because it's the only Zelda I never beat. I'd like it a lot if it weren't for the fact that some enemies require ESP in order to beat. I'm talking about those cunts with the shields. Also, the randomly appearing/disappearing enemies.

10,000 Volt Ghost Jul 28th, 2009 11:35 PM

Did you get through the optional 50 level dungeon in Twilight Princess. I made it through the first 30 levels and forgot about it.

Phoenix Gamma Jul 28th, 2009 11:40 PM

I completed it twice; it's actually harder the second time because it has even more enemies, just to put your nuts in a vice. More Iron Knuckles than you know what to do with.

10,000 Volt Ghost Jul 29th, 2009 12:02 AM

lol, I need to get back into it. I read they're making a sequel for it. Can't wait.

Guitar Woman Jul 29th, 2009 12:07 AM

I think the village with the completely invisible enemies in Zelda II was as far as I got.

What the fuck was that about.

Phoenix Gamma Jul 29th, 2009 02:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 639412)
I think the village with the completely invisible enemies in Zelda II was as far as I got.

What the fuck was that about.

That's where I am now. But the old guy told me to go look in the woods because the city is dead, so...I guess I need to go to the woods because the city is dead.

Wait, nevermind. There's a palace hidden on the beach. You need to play the flute near some rocks. Weird.

Anywho, I've been playing a lot of DSiWare now that the service is picking up. Pictobits and Cube Life are probably the best Art Style games released so far, and Mighty Flip Champs is surprisingly addictive and made by WayForward (the Contra 4, Boy and His Blob guys). Each of those is totally worth the $5.

10,000 Volt Ghost Jul 29th, 2009 12:07 PM

Looking forward to this. It doesn't look groundbreaking but still fun to play:

Guitar Woman Jul 29th, 2009 06:43 PM

This sort-of dating sim where you have to take care of your terminally ill little sister, and every time she dies it is YOUR FAULT. And since there's only one ending where she lives and like a billion others, she dies a lot.

It's supposed to be awful and heartwrenching, but it's really just hilarious.

Sam Jul 29th, 2009 08:05 PM

MvC2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek

darkvare Jul 29th, 2009 08:38 PM

soma bringer i found an english translation is like diablo for ds and looking foward to this mmo beat em up

Seven Force Jul 30th, 2009 04:06 AM

I'm just now playing Mega Man 7 for the NES and it's way better than the one for the SNES

Phoenix Gamma Jul 30th, 2009 04:33 PM

So...I beat Zelda II.

I was really disappointed. The entire game was hard as fuck, but Dark Link was the easiest enemy of them all. I spent forever trying to land one blow on the Iron Knuckles, but Dark Link died in under a minute. Lame!

Ah well. Playing King of Fighters 2002 since I won't be able to play the new one or BlazBlue until my PS3 comes back. Also more Wii Sports Resort, because it's more fun than I expected.

Babs Jul 30th, 2009 05:34 PM

I've been very interested in The Empire Strikes Back for NES. It's a pretty fun game actually, some levels are more like a platformer while others can be a little more brute and strategic. It's a massive improvement over the first installment from JVC from their first Star Wars game.

Pentegarn Jul 30th, 2009 08:52 PM

In the tradition of (lately) all the people playing old school games, I am playing Uncharted Waters: New Horizons on the SNES

OxBlood Jul 31st, 2009 04:02 AM

A little Dungeon Hack at work. A very nice game AND you don´t have a goddamned Party to look out for. One Dungeon - One Adventurer, that´s how it has to be.

Also played some Fat Princess yesterday. Not as simple as I feared which is nice, but finding a match online takes forever and the bots are rather stupid. But at least it has bots...BF 1943 could use some.

Zhukov Jul 31st, 2009 05:41 AM

Why do fat fucks think I want to hear them talk about a Ninja Turtles game, rather than watch some footage of it?

Yeah, my internet is slow today, otherwise I would have just skipped it.

bigtimecow Jul 31st, 2009 12:11 PM

you could've just read the title of the video before it loads but OKAY

Guitar Woman Jul 31st, 2009 11:48 PM

This is some bullshit.

executioneer Aug 1st, 2009 04:00 AM

duriel will fuck you up

OxBlood Aug 3rd, 2009 06:34 AM

Tried the Aion Beta-Event on the weekend. Just another MMO, sure, but it´s still nice. It´s just a shame they advertise the whole flying-thing but then only let you fly...almost nowhere. At least as far as I could see.

Dimnos Aug 3rd, 2009 10:21 AM

Man that pic made me want to play some Diablo sooooo bad. Had to reinstall Titan Quest instead though. :\

Zhukov Aug 3rd, 2009 11:45 AM

I was just about to say that I have been playing Titan Quest. Awesome game.

I lost my CD for it two days ago though. So I have not been playing it. Diablo II instead.

First time I played through I think Duriel killed me a few times, this time I just beat him without dying. The trick is to just fill your belt with rejuvination potions!!!

10,000 Volt Ghost Aug 3rd, 2009 11:48 AM

still playing Star Ocean 4. 20 hours into it and its still a blast. I just got a char that looks like Buzz Lightyear.

Dimnos Aug 3rd, 2009 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost (Post 639977)
still playing Star Ocean 4. 20 hours into it and its still a blast. I just got a char that looks like Buzz Lightyear.

Man... I got about 3 hours into that game and my save file fucked up or something. I cant load it. Have yet to feel the desire to start over again. >:

10,000 Volt Ghost Aug 3rd, 2009 02:00 PM

:( That's no good. It's really worth starting over. Were you still on the first planet?

Dimnos Aug 3rd, 2009 02:21 PM

Yeah still on the first one. I plan on starting over sometime soon. It was just frustrating when I found my save wouldnt load.

10,000 Volt Ghost Aug 3rd, 2009 03:54 PM

If you start over when you first go out on the planet before talking to rei rei you can get a memo (#5 I think) from the commanding officer so you can synth a better sword pretty much right from the get go.

Dimnos Aug 3rd, 2009 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost (Post 640000)
If you start over when you first go out on the planet before talking to rei rei you can get a memo (#5 I think) from the commanding officer so you can synth a better sword pretty much right from the get go.

From the commanding officer? The captain on the ship? Or some guy outside?

10,000 Volt Ghost Aug 3rd, 2009 06:00 PM

I think it's the captain. I missed it so I can't say for sure. Read it about it afterwards. I'll check when I get home and let you know.

Phoenix Gamma Aug 3rd, 2009 08:53 PM

Been playing Advance Wars: Days of Ruin, trying to complete the side missions and get a few S ranks. I have a lot of trouble on those side missions, though; I'm bad at maps that aren't Pre-Deploy.

Also King of Fighters 2002. Trying to figure out a team a like. Not that it really matters, all of my favorites are excluded from XII anyways :(

Shyandquietguy Aug 3rd, 2009 11:16 PM

I've been playing gemcraft: chapter 0 lately, it's okay.

10,000 Volt Ghost Aug 3rd, 2009 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost (Post 640029)
I think it's the captain. I missed it so I can't say for sure. Read it about it afterwards. I'll check when I get home and let you know.

Talk to VAN in the beginning.

Fathom Zero Aug 4th, 2009 07:31 PM

FAT PRINCESS!

bigtimecow Aug 4th, 2009 10:35 PM

i wanna try fat princess so bad because it looks super fun, but i don't feel like buying MORE SHIT on psn that i STILL HAVEN'T PLAYED

OxBlood Aug 5th, 2009 03:42 AM

Aw come on, don´t you remember the time when you had to buy videogames based on the covers alone? ;)

Apart from not gettin in a match 90% of the time, Fat Princess is pretty good :D

Phoenix Gamma Aug 6th, 2009 12:45 AM

I think I'm gonna replay the Mega Man Zero series on my Wii. I loved that game. Hard as fuck, cool story, and good old Mega Man X gameplay. I wish I could get into the ZX games as much as the Zero ones :(

Dimnos Aug 6th, 2009 09:39 AM

Mega Man Zero? Mega Man X games were the last ones I played. After they tried that whole 3D thing I found it hard to care anymore.

Phoenix Gamma Aug 6th, 2009 09:52 AM

The Zero series is a continuation of the X series, only now X disappeared and Zero needs to help humans defeat an army of X Clones that are going crazy. The gameplay is ripped right out of the original X games (so you dash, wall climb, and all that good stuff), except now Zero has the z buster, the sword, a boomerang shield, and another item that changes from game to game.

Zero doesn't get a crazy new weapon after every boss, but he gets a few elemental equips which do more damage to certain enemies and bosses. Then his weapons level up as you use them, so you get new abilities that way.

They're good games and worth checking out if you liked the SNES X series. The Japanese version is particularly interesting because it's got a shitload of blood, which is really weird to see in a Mega Man game.

Dimnos Aug 6th, 2009 10:17 AM

How do you play them on the Wii? Virtual console?

Fathom Zero Aug 6th, 2009 11:38 AM

PAT FRINCESS

Phoenix Gamma Aug 6th, 2009 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimnos (Post 640395)
How do you play them on the Wii? Virtual console?

Emulator. They're all GBA games.

Dimnos Aug 6th, 2009 12:10 PM

Do you have to mod your Wii to do that? Or do you just download an emulator and the games?