I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   What are you playing right now? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69697399)

darkvare Nov 20th, 2009 12:19 PM

i finished arkham asylum pretty awesome game now is streaking time

Tadao Nov 21st, 2009 05:10 PM

Anyone been playing Special Ops on MW2 yet? I was playing with my bro, it's kinda fun.

stevetothepast Nov 21st, 2009 05:58 PM

I finally got mine yesterday.

I played a few of the spec ops missions, the stealth snow one was good, and I like the one where you are on the top of that building with the waves of enemies coming in.

Dimnos Nov 21st, 2009 08:21 PM

I have yet to check it out. Sounds fun though.

OxBlood Nov 23rd, 2009 03:48 AM

The RPG-Player in me prevents me from playing Spec-Ops since you don´t level :D

Dimnos Nov 23rd, 2009 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OxBlood (Post 660274)
The RPG-Player in me prevents me from playing Spec-Ops since you donīt level :D

YOU DONT LEVEL!!! THIS IS BULLSHIT!!!1 >:

Sam Nov 23rd, 2009 09:58 PM

GUYS I JUST GOT MODERN WARFARE 2

STEVE

HEY STEVE

FUCKING HELL

SLjimbolian Nov 23rd, 2009 10:04 PM

Making kids rage in Tekken 6 for 360 with my Roger Jr.

OxBlood Nov 24th, 2009 02:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimnos (Post 660297)
YOU DONT LEVEL!!! THIS IS BULLSHIT!!!1 >:

;)

Yeah, if I have a mode in a game that features leveling and one that doesnīt, Iīll simply play the former and ignore the latter. :)

You really think Iīd be playing the multiplayermode of a shooter otherwise? :lol
Leveling can make almost any game appealing...except for racing games I suppose. Brrrr....racing games *shudders*

Chojin Nov 24th, 2009 09:06 AM

OxBlood Nov 24th, 2009 09:42 AM

That looks like great entertainment!

10,000 Volt Ghost Nov 24th, 2009 11:19 AM

L4D2 tonight.

Dimnos Nov 24th, 2009 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chojin (Post 660446)

I think I remember this. :(

stevetothepast Nov 24th, 2009 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam (Post 660391)
GUYS I JUST GOT MODERN WARFARE 2

STEVE

HEY STEVE

FUCKING HELL

SAM

HEY SAM

FUCKING HELL

HOPE YOU DO BETTER THIS TIME THAN WHEN WE PLAYED MW1

HAHAHA YOU SUCK BIG TIME HAHAHAHA

LETS PLAY ON DIFFERENT TEAMS AND I'LL SNIPE THE SHIT OUT OF YOU HAHAHA

Sam Nov 24th, 2009 03:48 PM

HAHAHAHA FUCK YOU >:

I KILLED YOU MORE

Phoenix Gamma Nov 24th, 2009 06:55 PM

BIT. Trip Void is out. Game's pretty cool, but not as exciting as the first two games. They insist this is a major release for them, though, so I'll keep playing.

On world 5 of Yoshi's Island. I forgot that the game is legitimately challenging. I can't wait to fight Raphael the Raven.

Also, I beat Little Big Planet PSP a few days ago. It's awfully short, and since you need to update the firmware to use PSN to download the levels, I won't be playing it for awhile.

Ant10708 Nov 25th, 2009 12:14 AM

OG mario kart :rock

pork pk Nov 25th, 2009 12:23 AM

dota

actually, i'm not really playing it... it is playing me, instead.

Dimnos Nov 25th, 2009 12:51 AM

Its all about League of Legends now dude. :rolleyes

LordSappington Nov 26th, 2009 02:48 AM

I just beat Borderlands.
What the fuck. What the FUCK. >:

Fathom Zero Nov 26th, 2009 02:54 AM

Fucking time travelling vagina monster. It might be one of the worst endings in a video game ever.

Ant10708 Nov 26th, 2009 09:00 AM

how was time traveling involved in the ending?

Chojin Nov 26th, 2009 01:39 PM

i beat burn:cycle, it was great :<

playing this now:

supposed to be the be-all-end-all of cyberpunk games.. it's ridiculously complex to just jump into, plus you get stats and get get a party together.. attack anyone, etc.

it's like if fallout was about vampires and computers and made for DOS, by someone who had never played a video game before but really liked D&D

it is the weirdest fucking thing ever, i'll see if i can stand more walls of text and nonsensical crap when i wake up

o, it has lots of great pixel art though
but the music is fucking terrible
what is this i don't even

Dimnos Nov 26th, 2009 03:01 PM

Crappy old DOS music is the best.

OxBlood Nov 27th, 2009 04:11 AM

Oh Bloodnet! How I wanted to play that as a kid back in the day but never found it anywhere...and now that I got it, I don´t really know what to do with it. Played around about an hour and then some guys kill me...weird indeed.

executioneer Nov 27th, 2009 11:20 AM

i like games that have story-based character creation like that :(

Phoenix Gamma Nov 27th, 2009 12:10 PM

I started Hotel Dusk yesterday to help get me through Thanksgiving.

I like it, even if it's a slow burn. Controls are too awkward, though.

Fathom Zero Nov 27th, 2009 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimnos (Post 660830)
Crappy old DOS music is the best.

http://artscene.textfiles.com/

Music embedded in programs before .mp3s even existed.

Zhukov Nov 28th, 2009 08:15 AM

My friend just copied Borderlands onto my computer for me, so I have just started to play through that. I like it so far.

Chojin Nov 28th, 2009 08:18 AM

the original doc mock

elrond, king of the elves, is also in my party
the women in panel 3 also reminds me of a famous actor, but i can't rememer who

death's really let himself go

darkvare Nov 29th, 2009 06:12 PM

i finally played killzone 2 campaign is ok nothing mind blowing i prefer modern warfare

MarioRPG Nov 29th, 2009 08:00 PM

That death picture is horrifying.

Microshock Nov 30th, 2009 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkvare (Post 661129)
i finally played killzone 2 campaign is ok nothing mind blowing i prefer modern warfare

Yeah I agree. Killzone looked nicer though

bigtimecow Dec 1st, 2009 11:48 AM

ZILLKONE FUCK YOU

darkvare Dec 1st, 2009 07:15 PM

i got me god of war collection i never had a ps2 so it was a good deal for me

Dimnos Dec 1st, 2009 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkvare (Post 661426)
i got me god of war collection i never had a ps2 so it was a good deal for me

I picked this up about a week ago. I think Im about half way through the first one. Pretty damn good so far.

Phoenix Gamma Dec 1st, 2009 11:21 PM

Got Ikaruga working on my Dreamcast emulator. Never played it before, but I love me some shmups. Very, very cool game. The color mechanic kinda fucks with me, but I think I'll get the hang of it.

Also, downloaded The Mighty Jill Off. It's Bomb Jack, starring a masochist who needs to climb a tower to earn the privilege to lick her queen's boot. Very hard, but fun and cute. The S&M thing isn't too forced, so the few little winks in the game are actually kinda funny (To quit the game, you need to use your safe word: ESC.)

OxBlood Dec 2nd, 2009 04:37 AM

I shall play...well Boardgames and Low-Def-Console Games since MY FUCKING FLATSCREEN TV WAS DESTROYED BY A GODDAMNED EXPLODING BOTTLE-SPLINTER-SCHEISSTEILMISTVIECH! 600 Bucks down the drain after just 2 years... and here´s a colorful german curse for you.

GOTTVERDAMMTE DRECKSSCHEISSMISTPISSE!

I hate it. I hate it SO much when my stuff breaks or gets destroyed. Not only does it mean I have to get money from somewhere, it also means it will be work to replace the broken things. Get rid of the TV after trying to pull some insurance-stuff, go online and research my ass off for some good and cheap TV, buy the fucker, carry said fucker from work home and up to my flat. Hook the piece of shit up and THEN I can play again. Where the fuck is telekinesis and hypnosis (to get it for free) when you need em the most. Dreck.

Ant10708 Dec 3rd, 2009 03:55 AM

Resident Evil 5. Its okay so far. Getting tired of seeing the "press this button" during cinematic gimmick to make me feel like I am doing something. Haven't tried playing co-op yet.

OxBlood Dec 3rd, 2009 10:24 AM

Co-op is the ONLY way to play Game-with-no-Zombies-in-it, unless you´re grinding lickers.

10,000 Volt Ghost Dec 3rd, 2009 11:14 AM

Yeah, definitely need to play RE5 co-op.

darkvare Dec 3rd, 2009 11:58 AM

i would reccomend same console co-op on re 5 it makes the game a lot funnier, with the yelling and arm punching because you or he sucks or some one is wasting the ammo or because the stupid controller won't let you push the button rapidly enough and it results in getting back to the checkpoint and killing that guy again >:

BatmanJohnson Dec 3rd, 2009 09:54 PM

I'm between Dead Space and Resident Evil 5 currently. When I get frustrated with one I switch to the other.

Phoenix Gamma Dec 4th, 2009 01:37 AM

Downloaded the Bayonetta demo at my friend's place. It's fucking sick. Really cool combos, and the stripperiffic moves (like slamming down a giant axe and twirling on it like a stripper pole, shooting everyone with your stiletto gun shoes) are hilarious.

Guitar Woman Dec 4th, 2009 02:23 AM

Thief 3.

It's fucking awesome. I spent like an hour fucking around in the streets, breaking into shops and pickpocketing random jackoffs.

OxBlood Dec 4th, 2009 03:02 AM

I just sat in front of my PS2-Library yesterday and couldn´t decide what to play...in the end I just read more of the Starcraft BG Rules and watched a movie...stupid broken TV that I can´t afford to replace right away.

darkvare Dec 4th, 2009 05:44 PM

i got me a god of war 3 demo i'm currently downloading

Guitar Woman Dec 4th, 2009 07:30 PM

Ok, so the street wandering in Thief 3 has become more annoying than it is fun, especially after the city filled up with 12 Hammerites and 5 city watchmen on every corner :<

The missions are still great, though. Breaking into the Forbidden Library was awesome.

Phoenix Gamma Dec 4th, 2009 11:21 PM

Zelda: Spirit Tracks was leaked. I beat the first dungeon.

It's a lot better than Phantom Hourglass. Some people loved that game, some people hated it, but this game at least addresses some of the issues (touch controls are a lot better, the graphics are slightly upgraded and are actually taken advantage of).

They have a lot of creative ideas, like standing on top of the big iron suit zelda and having a game of chicken against a small enemy riding an exploding statue. The instrument is gimmicky as hell, but I love it. The train is less cool, but it's got a rope you can pull to toot the horn...

Also, the game's funny as hell. It almost comes close to Paper Mario. Most of it is from Zelda, though there's some great in-game moments that were really funny, like when you have to distract the guards by talking/staring at them.

B+ so far. First item was kinda silly, but at least it's being used a lot.

Guitar Woman Dec 5th, 2009 06:46 AM

Cursed Mountain.

Imagine Silent Hill in Tibet with less grimy otherworld shifts and more ghosts and incense burning and you'll probably be thinking of something pretty close to Cursed Mountain.

I think the only things I don't like so far are the Wiimote finishing moves and door unlocks, which register cleanly about half the time, and the silly slideshow cutscenes. If they had just rendered them in 3D or animated them like Thief has they'd be more interesting, but it's not really a deal-breaker. I'm glad there's a subtitle option, too, because the main character tends to mumble a fair bit of his narration.

Combat kind of reminds me of Killer7 or a really slow-paced Resident Evil 4. The sound effects are fantastic, and the developers seemed to realize that they weren't making a PS1 game and actually put work into making the game look nice.

Anyway, I love the game, and y'all should check it out if you're in the mood for a slow-burning horror game. It's not really scary, I think, but it can get harrowing if only because the controls aren't very good.

executioneer Dec 5th, 2009 04:58 PM

superhero league of hoboken. fun (and kind of funny) old-ass rpg/adventure hybrid. puzzles are fairly straightforward SO FAR; the goal is to help citizens to raise your superhero league to #1 out of the 75 in the tri-state area, and all the problems i've solved so far are WACKY AS SHIT

Fathom Zero Dec 6th, 2009 08:40 PM

Phoenix Gamma Dec 6th, 2009 10:19 PM

So, I'm about halfway through the third dungeon in Spirit Tracks. I'd like to talk about the train whistle, though.

The train whistle is used by pulling a rope on screen with the stylus while you're traveling around the map. This is pretty cool, because you can make a "CHOO CHOOOOOO" sound, or one long "CHOOOOOOOO", or a bunch of short "CHOO"s. Sometimes, I randomly pull the rope to annoy anyone in the room, pumping my fist in the air as if I was actually pulling the rope.

But the whistle is also, like, the best thing in the history of forever. Animals blocking the track? Scare those fuckers with the whistle. Spider dangling from overhead? Whistle his ass out of there. Is Beetle flying overhead in his balloon? Why not call him down with a whistle? The bunnies hiding behind rocks love whistles so much that they jump out whenever you toot it. The warp points are also activated with the whistle, which is cool, because the actual portal you drive the train into gets bigger and smaller depending on how loud you're blowing the whistle.

Once, I had to take a bridge builder to another part of the map. He told me I had to follow the signs along the sides of the track, and sometimes, the signs would tell me to blow the whistle. There wasn't a reason to; I just had to because the game said so.

Did I mention that you can get different whistles? Because you can totally get different whistles. I haven't noticed any difference in gameplay when you equip your train with different whistles, but I need to get all of them.

It's an amazing whistle and really sets the bar for future video games. If I was asked to score this game for Metacritic, I'd give it whistle/100.

(The rest of the game is good, too. I can't remember the last time a Zelda puzzle stumped me for more than a minute.)

OxBlood Dec 7th, 2009 03:56 AM

It sounds like a fun game but...Phoenix, what can you tell us about this whistle everyone is talking about these days?

captain516 Dec 9th, 2009 09:52 PM

Advance Wars, shit is fun as fuck. I wish there was an online version.

LordSappington Dec 9th, 2009 10:59 PM

I finally got Gold again; if anyone wants to play some Halo or Rock Band 2, my gamertag is, predictably, Lord Sappington.

executioneer Dec 9th, 2009 11:27 PM

there's a rock band 3 now? mother f

edit: of course, it's more likely to be a typo, BUT YOU NEVER KNOW WITH THE WAY I DONT KEEP UP WITH SHIT MOST OF THE TIME

Phoenix Gamma Dec 9th, 2009 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by captain516 (Post 662525)
Advance Wars, shit is fun as fuck. I wish there was an online version.

Days of Ruin.

LordSappington Dec 10th, 2009 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by executioneer (Post 662537)
there's a rock band 3 now? mother f

edit: of course, it's more likely to be a typo, BUT YOU NEVER KNOW WITH THE WAY I DONT KEEP UP WITH SHIT MOST OF THE TIME

Hahaha whoops, didn't even notice that.
But yeah, they need to make a RB 3, already; that Beatles was is AWFUL.

executioneer Dec 10th, 2009 01:16 AM

lordsappington what instrument do you play on rb2

LordSappington Dec 10th, 2009 01:34 AM

Guitar and bass; I don't own the drums, and I'm not going to put my family through the trauma of me singing.

OxBlood Dec 10th, 2009 02:59 AM

I never got to understand the appeal of these games. Yes, I´m from the "why don´t you play a real instrument then?"-faction. I mean, it´s just Senso/Simon...

Anyway, got my PS1-Emulator to speed up my PAL-Version of FF9 and now it´s really enjoyable. Also bought Galactic Civilizations 2 and really like it so far. Crappy localization and too much lighthearted humor in my opinion but my Mi-Go will dominate the stars one way or another.

executioneer Dec 10th, 2009 03:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OxBlood (Post 662549)
"why donīt you play a real instrument then?"

can't play guitar because my fingers are too large and sausagey :(
bass i sometimes play but i'm not really any good at that either
real drums are too bulky to justify keeping in my house

and i do go out to kareoke for vocals, but lord knows i can't really sing anything but ac/dc well. plus this is good pitch practice + has all the lyrics so i can memorize the songs properly so i don't fuck up in front of a whole barful of strangers!

executioneer Dec 10th, 2009 04:03 AM

also, there is the whole fantasy escapism thing that most games have? i mean i never want to ACTUALLY join the army because i'd be terrible at it but i can pretend to in CoD4, same sort of thing

darkvare Dec 10th, 2009 05:16 PM

lol me and a friend were fantasasing about joining the army and acting like the guys in army of two :P

Pentegarn Dec 11th, 2009 02:09 AM

I dusted off an old NES game called Little Ninja Brothers. Anyone remember this one?

OxBlood Dec 11th, 2009 04:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by executioneer (Post 662554)
also, there is the whole fantasy escapism thing that most games have? i mean i never want to ACTUALLY join the army because i'd be terrible at it but i can pretend to in CoD4, same sort of thing

I know what you mean, but I donīt feel like Iīm in the army, Iīm just some guy who runs around shooting other guys without being punished for that in any way...

Or Iīm some dude with strange hair and a giant sword who...err...itīs really all just about the the gain of power and spells it seems. Hm, guess Iīm okay with that. Power is an awesome thing to have.

What I wanted to get at is, that I generally donīt like games that let me do trivial realworld-stuff like playing an instrument or driving a car or - god forbid - play soccer...ugh.

Of course, I wonīt be in a band that plays Beatles-Songs or the stuff Alice Cooper did or whatever either. And I thank the elder gods for that, since who would ever want to play in a coverband? :lol

10,000 Volt Ghost Dec 11th, 2009 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OxBlood (Post 662549)

Anyway, got my PS1-Emulator to speed up my PAL-Version of FF9 and now itīs really enjoyable.

Stupid Excalibur II >:

LordSappington Dec 12th, 2009 12:23 AM

Yeah, I play it because I'm really into music games, and I don't have the time, money, patience, skill, or self confidence to play anything real.

darkvare Dec 13th, 2009 10:43 PM

i just got infamous i'm really enjoying it, i love going around the city

OxBlood Dec 14th, 2009 04:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LordSappington (Post 662808)
Yeah, I play it because I'm really into music games, and I don't have the time, money, patience, skill, or self confidence to play anything real.

In that case, I wish you the utmost fun with that game :rock

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost
Stupid Excalibur II >:

Whatīs up with that?

Nick Dec 14th, 2009 08:02 PM

Green Day: Rock Band.

This just in: I am over rhythm games.

Chojin Dec 14th, 2009 08:09 PM

That's what I'm hearing from a lot of people who think they're too cool for school.

Green Day rock band is the first RB product that's piqued my interest ;p

Tadao Dec 14th, 2009 08:10 PM

fucking tweens

stevetothepast Dec 14th, 2009 08:49 PM

Rock band and GH games are only good if there are people at your house drunk that suck at video games. i.e. drunk women.

Green Day are the American Nickleback.

Phoenix Gamma Dec 14th, 2009 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick (Post 663023)
Green Day: Rock Band.

This just in: I am over rhythm games.

Wikipedia lists over 30 releases from Activision alone. Nine of which from 2009. This includes the track packs, but even if you take those out, you still have 20 something, plus Rock Band games.

Saturation has reached critial mass.

On a side note: I'd rather Queen Rock Band, not gayfuckfacegreendayshitpiss Rock Band.

Tadao Dec 14th, 2009 09:36 PM

After I unlocked Trogdor I was done forever.

LordSappington Dec 14th, 2009 11:16 PM

I just beat MW2. The ending was a bit of a let-down, but not too bad.
For some reason, my favorite two part is when you run onto the roof with the flares. Just because it looks amazingly awesome.

Phoenix Gamma Dec 15th, 2009 02:28 AM

Pretty far into Silent Hill: Shattered Memories. This is actually my first Silent Hill.

I love how the game constantly gauges your personality and alters the game and the characters to fuck with you. Watching my roommate play areas I already beat, but different, is pretty interesting. Also, the therapy sessions are frustrating to play with other people watching.

Some of those puzzles are fucking hard, though. The one in the art room was probably the most bullshit, though I somehow found that out by mistake.

It's pretty fucking awesome, though I hate how the nightmare segments will constantly loop if you don't know exactly which door to take.

Guitar Woman Dec 15th, 2009 02:43 AM

Play the first 3 in reverse order after you beat Shattered Memories

You might look into 4, too, but don't take the doll if you don't want to ragequit around the second building complex trip

Phoenix Gamma Dec 15th, 2009 02:51 AM

I don't know if I can. I'm way too jumpy for this shit, and on two occasions I freaked out infront of my roommates (the cheap scare in the car underwater, and this one random zombie thing that snuck up on me).

I just finished the part where the rooms are repeating, and I fell down for awhile, then I fell up and heard some giggling and shit. Christ,I hate the chase scenes :(

Guitar Woman Dec 15th, 2009 04:12 AM

But if you don't play Silent Hill 3 you'll miss out on the puzzle in the hospital where you find a keypad combination by reading a poem about mutilating the main character's face

OxBlood Dec 15th, 2009 04:14 AM

Which reminds me that I should finish at least one other Silent Hill game than the fourth...

Anyway, 32hrs into Final Fantasy 9 (emulated on my trusty PC, GOD savestates are nice) and liking it way more than back when I first tried to finish it in...whenever it was released.

Also, the goddamn trainwhistle in Spirit Tracks is awesome, can´t stop using that thing.

Oh and if you want to be part of OxBlood´s decision-processes, help him, that is me, decide what Final Fantasy to play after 9, before 13 comes out in March.
Candidates are FF10-2 and 12 which both have stuff I really like and stuff I really, REALLY hate.

Phoenix Gamma Dec 15th, 2009 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 663069)
But if you don't play Silent Hill 3 you'll miss out on the puzzle in the hospital where you find a keypad combination by reading a poem about mutilating the main character's face

:|

Well, in any case, I beat it. What an awesome ending. I was confused by what was actually going on in the therapy sessions. I'll probably answer him differently now that I know the twist.

I did some reading up on the original game to compare it. This game kinda pulls a "Star Trek" to explain why this game doesn't follow the original very closely.

Spoilers!

Overall, a really good game. I didn't mind the lack of ass combat that horror games like to cram in. Yea, they're bad for a reason, but here you're running from the monsters for a reason. As someone with no expectations on what a Silent Hill game "should" be, I enjoyed it a lot.

Dr. Boogie Dec 15th, 2009 04:22 PM

Playing Ultimate Alliance 2. Normally, I hate the Fantastic Four, but I discovered that the Thing/Invisible Woman fusion can be used to kill everything and destroy bosses in seconds.

10,000 Volt Ghost Dec 15th, 2009 05:57 PM

On chief source of final fantasy if its between those two play FFX-2 over FFXII.

Final Fantasy XII is soooooooo horrible I'm embarrassed for it. There's no characterization and everyone is lame except Balthier.

FFX-2 is really more of a fanboy game. The story is kinda weak but its at least fun to play. The dress sphere system is really cool being able to switch between jobs in the middle of battle. I love my Payne Lady Luck dressphere. Plus there's re-playability with a NEW GAME +.

darkvare Dec 15th, 2009 06:05 PM

i rented new mario bros wii is nothing special is as dull as the one on ds, except that twirly shroom makes every level a cake walk

Zomboid Dec 15th, 2009 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Boogie (Post 663127)
Playing Ultimate Alliance 2. Normally, I hate the Fantastic Four, but I discovered that the Thing/Invisible Woman fusion can be used to kill everything and destroy bosses in seconds.

We could have played together :(

I wanted to go through it a second time as pro-reg.

MarioRPG Dec 15th, 2009 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoenix Gamma (Post 663064)
Pretty far into Silent Hill: Shattered Memories. This is actually my first Silent Hill.

I love how the game constantly gauges your personality and alters the game and the characters to fuck with you. Watching my roommate play areas I already beat, but different, is pretty interesting. Also, the therapy sessions are frustrating to play with other people watching.

Some of those puzzles are fucking hard, though. The one in the art room was probably the most bullshit, though I somehow found that out by mistake.

It's pretty fucking awesome, though I hate how the nightmare segments will constantly loop if you don't know exactly which door to take.

I'm playing this as well. Kinda whack.

OxBlood Dec 16th, 2009 03:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost (Post 663143)
On chief source of final fantasy if its between those two play FFX-2 over FFXII.

Final Fantasy XII is soooooooo horrible I'm embarrassed for it. There's no characterization and everyone is lame except Balthier.

FFX-2 is really more of a fanboy game. The story is kinda weak but its at least fun to play. The dress sphere system is really cool being able to switch between jobs in the middle of battle. I love my Payne Lady Luck dressphere. Plus there's re-playability with a NEW GAME +.

My main problem with FFX-2 is - as with the unemulated Version of FF9 - that the PAL-Version sucks balls. The aspect ratio is fucked up and itīs the usual -20% Gamespeed every poorly PALed NTSC-Game has, I fucking hate that.
Chubby people underwater THATīs what it plays and looks like...in FF X I could tone that down by changing my TV-Settings around but FF X-2 is handled SO weird...never can you get a circle to look like a circle, either its a vertical ellipse or a horizontal one...and I canīt get it to run on my PS2-Emulator because apparently itīs almost impossible to emulate 3d-PS2-Games correctly...I think Final Fantasy 13 will be the first one that I can play as it was supposed to be played...

One funny thing about FF9 though. The german translators tried REALLY hard to make it original this time. Ruby talks like someone from eastern germany, one of the Tantalus speaks...I think itīs supposed to be bavarian, we have sachsian accents and most of the enemies have different names too...my favorite is the "Bettelcat" which is the "Gimmecat" in the english Version...I really like the He-Man reference on that one (and "betteln" means to beg, so itīs rather fitting). Definetely one of the best unique Videogame-translations ever.
Also nice for non-german-speakers: The grand dragon was renamed to "Tatzelwurm", a wonderful old word for dragon :lol

Dr. Boogie Dec 16th, 2009 05:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zomboid (Post 663145)
We could have played together :(

I wanted to go through it a second time as pro-reg.

I didn't have a Gold subscription.

Anyway, I found the free month card I got from the most recent time I had my 360 repaired. If you want to start up a pro-reg campaign, I'm game.

MarioRPG Dec 16th, 2009 03:48 PM

I also started playing Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles.

So far I can safely say it's fixed up what UC did "wrong" (it was still fun), weapons can be mapped to the joystick for quick switching and upgrading is actually money based rather than whatever it was before.

Phoenix Gamma Dec 17th, 2009 03:20 AM

Just beat Zelda: Super Awesome Train Whistle.

Fantastic final boss. Really solid experience the whole way through. B+ game, miles ahead of the tech demo that was Phantom Hourglass.

OxBlood Dec 17th, 2009 05:43 AM

Phoenix, is it a short as it looks? I mean 4 Temples and the Tower? I just restored the Tracks to the Fire-Area...

Phoenix Gamma Dec 17th, 2009 01:30 PM

There's 5 temples, and you get more floors after each one, including the 5th temple. Except when you reach the end, each Tower of Spirits segment is about as long as a whole dungeon. Especially your last visit. After that, you unlock the last area of the map, which takes a few minutes to clear, followed by three bosses.

I got an assload of hours from doing sidequests, though. I almost got everything, but the bunnies are a pain the the ass, and I need to spend 5,000 ruppees in Beetle's shop for the last heart container.

Oh, don't forget to do the mini-dungeons in Hyrule Castle Town. You know, where you fight a shitload of enemies? The third one is hard as balls, but the last fight is pretty damn cool.

Microshock Dec 17th, 2009 04:38 PM

Assassin's Creed 2. I wish they polished the character animations and various other stuff a bit more but it feels like a better version of the first game.

Plus, double blade kills are just too cool

Fathom Zero Dec 17th, 2009 05:14 PM

Tinker. It's this tiny puzzle game on Games for Windows LIVE. It's also free and has 200 Gamerscore up for the taking. I'm easily amused.

Also, Microsoft is selling some of their Windows LIVE games on the service, like Viva Pinata and such. I might actually buy Shadowrun, since they discounted it down to $10 to start. I loved playing it on my 360.

OxBlood Dec 18th, 2009 04:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoenix Gamma (Post 663506)
There's 5 temples, and you get more floors after each one, including the 5th temple. Except when you reach the end, each Tower of Spirits segment is about as long as a whole dungeon. Especially your last visit. After that, you unlock the last area of the map, which takes a few minutes to clear, followed by three bosses.

I got an assload of hours from doing sidequests, though. I almost got everything, but the bunnies are a pain the the ass, and I need to spend 5,000 ruppees in Beetle's shop for the last heart container.

Oh, don't forget to do the mini-dungeons in Hyrule Castle Town. You know, where you fight a shitload of enemies? The third one is hard as balls, but the last fight is pretty damn cool.

Thanks for the info :)

Been reading up on the systems of Final Fantasy 13 and so far it looks okay, just the fact that they added a story-connected levelcap bugs me. Final Fantasy without overleveling is...I donīt know, itīs just not right.

Ant10708 Dec 18th, 2009 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkvare (Post 663144)
i rented new mario bros wii is nothing special is as dull as the one on ds, except that twirly shroom makes every level a cake walk

Do you like the old school side scrolling mario games? If you do I have no idea how you can't have fun with the DS or wii versions of side scrolling mario. Sure, nintendo might have been lazy with the games but they are both alot of fun and I can't see how if you enjoyed the old school mario games how you could be disappointed with these new versions. Oh and have you played the multiplayer coin game on the ds version? Def one of the best multiplayer experiences on the ds.

Phoenix Gamma Dec 18th, 2009 11:00 PM

New Mario DS' multiplayer how btc and I met.

New Mario Wii is definitely better, though the single player doesn't bring any real improvements that are associated with Mario sequels.

Trying out Final Fantasy: Crystal Bearers. It's weird. Not like any of the Crystal Chronicles games, not like any of the FF games. The hero isn't fucking lame, Bon Jovi's upcoming album is featured in the promos, the combat is all action (using telekinesis?!) and the story is just weird. Not sure how I feel about it yet.

I'm also playing Echoshift on PSP. Echochrome was one of those games I refuse to take off of my memory stick. It's great for portable sessions, and I loved the music and graphics, and the gameplay was really cool. This one isn't as cool as the first, but the mechanics are solid, and the game's structured so that you kinda have a score to aim for. The music is still awesome, only now a new instrument is added for every "cast" you use. So you start with one set of notes, then build up to a full fleshed song once you have around 3 or 4 clones of yourself working together.