I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   What are you playing right now? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69697399)

Fathom Zero Jul 18th, 2008 11:37 PM

TEAM FORTRESS 222222222222222222222222222

OxBlood Jul 20th, 2008 11:01 AM

Rainbow 6 - Vegas 2.

Very nice game. Also, my 360 got shocked yesterday, thunderstorm and all that. Seems like it fried the back USB-Port but left everything else alone...and of course I hope that by having my console struck by lightning, it will gain super-powers, like...well, not breaking down every six months. For that I would sacrifice that USB-Port anytime ^^

HungryWantBiddy Jul 21st, 2008 09:09 AM

I'm still playing the same games I was playing when I last posted in this thread. Steady diet of TF2, Halo 3 (even though it's busted), COD4, etc.

Phoenix Gamma Jul 25th, 2008 04:16 AM

So I just modded my PSP, and spent the last few days finding different games, emulators, and other apps to download. Then I discovered Echochrome.

That game has got to be the most wonderful portable game ever created. Fucking wonderful.

Fathom Zero Jul 25th, 2008 04:36 AM

Now I'm not playing anything. I need to get back to writing. Maybe work on some Mr. Wonderful stuff.

Guitar Woman Jul 25th, 2008 05:23 AM

I spent about 12 hours of quality time with Team Fortress 2 today.

I still have trouble with the idea that while backstabbing the Engineer is hilarious, his sentries taking me to pieces afterwords because I failed to sap them beforehand is not.

Also, Pyros can go and suck a gigantic, throbbing cocksickle. We had about 9 guys on a single point, three of them medics giving buffs to soldiers, and a lone pyro/medic team comes in and takes out fucking all of us in a matter of seconds. If it weren't for Pyros I'd daresay this game was perfect.

Phoenix Gamma Jul 25th, 2008 11:34 AM

If you're quick, you can stab and sap before getting gunned down. The idea is to approach the sentry from behind so it takes awhile to turn.

Guitar Woman Jul 25th, 2008 04:09 PM

Yeah, I just haven't gotten the hang of sapping yet.

I'll get lucky and get a noob engineer every once in a while, but the ones who know what they're doing usually shotgun the hell out of anything that comes within 20 feet of their stuff.

Sniper is also one of the best disguises ever, especially when you're trying to take out sentries on a point your team is pushing; you can stand behind everyone and wait for an opening for really as long as you want because nobody ever expects Snipers to move. This is also why Snipers are piss easy gank targets :<

Phoenix Gamma Jul 25th, 2008 05:50 PM

Alternatively, you'd be retarded to disguise as a Heavy, which is why I'll sometimes get away with it if used sparingly. Hooray reverse psychology!

I can't wait for the Spy update. But one thing I'd like to see is the Scout disguise getting a speed bump. It's useless since you're obviously fake when you're running, but when you're a soldier or heavy, you get penalized :<

MetalMilitia Jul 25th, 2008 06:52 PM

But when you're disguised as a heavy or soldier the loss in speed helps deceive the enemy so you're not really being penalised. If they gave the spy scout speed then all the spies would just use a scout disguise to get to the front line then change to something else - it'd just make the game kind of ridiculous in the same way that Counter strike is ridiculous because everyone runs around with their knife out.

Guitar Woman Jul 25th, 2008 10:40 PM

Heavy disguises get Medics to buff me every single time, and make me wish I had that "FYI I am a Spy" spray.

They're especially useful on Goldrush, where you can't succeed as Blu without half a team of the bastards. I've only been found out once before mercilessly taking out everyone pushing the cart.

executioneer Jul 26th, 2008 04:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 570666)
I still have trouble with the idea that while backstabbing the Engineer is hilarious, his sentries taking me to pieces afterwords because I failed to sap them beforehand is not.

get another spy to go with you so one of you can stab the engineer and th other can sap the sentries, idk

Guitar Woman Jul 26th, 2008 06:40 AM

So I've played about 26 hours of this game in a two day period. Is this normal for first timers or should I be seeking help at this point?

I also couldn't think of a better game to get mindlessly addicted to, this is seriously fucking great <3

Phoenix Gamma Jul 26th, 2008 08:09 AM

So a good chunk of people were talking about some game for the DS called "Rhythm Heaven" that was showed at E3. Apparently it's a sequel to a really silly GBA game, so I loaded it up on my PSP before going to bed.

I ended up staying awake a lot later than I planned. The game is so stupid, but so fun. It's made by the WarioWare people, and it's really evident; you mostly just use the A button, and occasionally a D-Pad, to play microgames to the beat of the music. It sounds easy, but it turns out my sense of rhythm isn't as awesome as I thought it was :(

Fathom Zero Jul 26th, 2008 04:33 PM

I accrued 40 hours in a three day period in TF2, now I never want to play it again.

BurntToShreds Jul 26th, 2008 05:36 PM

I've been switching between Gunbound Revolution, Diablo II, and GTAIV (the last I have for the 360. My Gamertag is the same as my forum name, so send a friend request if you want.)

OxBlood Jul 28th, 2008 07:00 AM

Right now: Ace Combat 6, Marvel Ultimate Alliance, Civilization 4, Colonization aaaand Alpha Centauri.

KILLADEUCE Jul 28th, 2008 09:21 PM

Armed Assault has been getting some serious play, trying to supplement my Battlefield 2 addiction. Tf2 is a masterpiece I enjoy as well- I've been enjoying busting out the HW slaughterfest on Pyro's since they added the achievements :bestthread

pac-man Jul 29th, 2008 12:36 AM

I was torn between downloading Penny Arcade or Commanders: Attack of the Genos. I went with Commanders because it was cheaper. Not a bad decision. Pretty much Advance Wars with an art deco makeover, but that's not a bad thing.

argonath Jul 29th, 2008 09:05 AM

I finished up the main story on GTA4 last week, and started an Argonian agent on Elder Scrolls IV this past weekend. I'm digging that game so far. Never thought Bethesda could improve on Morrowind, but it sure looks like they did.

Guitar Woman Jul 29th, 2008 10:53 AM

You'll find out later that they actually didn't, though.

Fathom Zero Jul 29th, 2008 10:57 AM

But they really did. >:

Guitar Woman Jul 29th, 2008 06:08 PM

Oblivion is an arcade game

Nick Jul 29th, 2008 11:46 PM

I'd pay $0.25 for it.

Guitar Woman Jul 30th, 2008 03:26 AM

Resident Evil 2, for the first time.

Holy shit, that's a lot of zombies. My complaints about RE1 not having enough enemies are gone, since now I'm forced to knife and shove my way through rooms after all my ammo has run out instead of shooting a lone, unthreatening zombie out of my path every 15 minutes. And I'm barely half an hour into the fucking thing.

The voice acting is terrible and the puzzles are retarded, as is par the course!

The N64 version has also aged surprisingly well! The expansion pak ensures that character models aren't pixelated to shit as they would be on a Pee Ess Single, and it lets me use a control system where I press in the direction I want to go, and then start walking that way. It sort of disorients me when the camera angle changes and I'm pressing the wrong direction, and I also honestly never had a problem with the standard RE controls, but this is a nice option to have!

The zombies reaching through the window to grab me the first time scared the shit out of me. :(

pac-man Jul 30th, 2008 03:43 AM

Spent 3 or 4 hours with Call of Duty 4 online. Just got off. I forgot how fun it was. I pretty much stopped a few months back, and I'm sorry I did. Right behind GoldenEye 007 as my favorite console FPS ever.

Guitar Woman Jul 30th, 2008 06:11 PM

Chojin Jul 30th, 2008 06:18 PM

The backburner no longer gives +50 health, thank fucking god.

Guitar Woman Jul 30th, 2008 06:41 PM

Why do my screenshots look so shitty

bigtimecow Jul 30th, 2008 06:41 PM

i just started playing gunstar heroes and FUCK is it hard

MetalMilitia Jul 30th, 2008 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 571553)
Why do my screenshots look so shitty

It's because you don't have a high enough level of anti-aliasing enabled.

Schimid Jul 30th, 2008 06:50 PM

I finally got a computer willing to handle the job, so I'll be playing Bioshock soon :O

I have a huge backlog I have to run through though.

Phoenix Gamma Jul 30th, 2008 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigtimecow (Post 571554)
i just started playing gunstar heroes and FUCK is it hard

Just downloaded that on my PSP too. Quite the toughie. Stupid Treasure and their "difficulty" :(

Phoenix Gamma Aug 1st, 2008 10:23 AM

Also my 4Gb memory stick came in the mail. Immediately burned through a gig on FF7Crisis Core. It's pretty good, but not what I was expecting. Story is stupid (as I expected) but combat is pretty fun and moves at a good pace, even if the commands aren't really done in real time.

Shyandquietguy Aug 2nd, 2008 02:10 PM

Viewtiful Joe: Double Trouble

wobzire Aug 2nd, 2008 02:25 PM

God of War on PSP

Zomboid Aug 3rd, 2008 11:39 PM

Condemned 2. It's pretty fun so far.

WhiteRat Aug 4th, 2008 11:05 PM

Forza Motorsport 2. Lots of it. Too much, as a matter of fact.

10,000 Volt Ghost Aug 5th, 2008 08:28 PM

Trap Gunner for Ps1.

executioneer Aug 5th, 2008 09:18 PM

mount and blade, i finally got the registered version and it is so fun that it has affected my work performance because i don't sleep

i'm not sure if i even care whether they put a real storyline in the final version, it's kicks so much ass to just ride a bunch of archers down slashing and trampling

LordSappington Aug 5th, 2008 10:49 PM

TETRIS, over and over again.
Also, Puzzle Bobble.

Girl Drink Drunk Aug 6th, 2008 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoenix Gamma (Post 571621)
Just downloaded that on my PSP too. Quite the toughie. Stupid Treasure and their "difficulty" :(

I've been the game multiple times on the Genesis!

bigtimecow Aug 6th, 2008 06:58 PM

super mario 64 ;D i just 100% completed mario galaxy and i didn't wanna stop

i've made a list of n64 games that i have to play before the year is over, and they include: bomberman, bomberman: second attack (which i actually think i can play on my wii), banjo kazooie, banjo tooie, jet force gemini, mischief makers, and conker's bad fur day

:x

LordSappington Aug 6th, 2008 11:08 PM

I sucked so bad at jet force gemini. :(

pac-man Aug 6th, 2008 11:21 PM

I didn't really care for Jet Force Gemini. It just never grabbed me. The gameplay was solid, but the visuals, enemies, and plot sort of let me down.

bigtimecow Aug 6th, 2008 11:53 PM

all i know is thinking about it brings back crazy nostalgia, but yes, i do remember the enemies were kinda lame

Phoenix Gamma Aug 7th, 2008 12:05 AM

I stopped playing when it told me I needed to rescue a thousand missing pandas in a thousand different stages. Fuck that noise.

Rare fucking loved collect-a-thon bullshit back then. Thank god they found something they're good at: Pinata games.

Also, Disgaea PSP has proven to be the greatest portable SRPG ever, and makes my shifts go by much faster. I love finding clever ways to break the game in my favor. Last night, I created a new Ronin from scratch and magically leveled it 28 times, beyond every other character I have, in just one sitting. Her stats are also way higher than they're supposed to be.

liquidstatik Aug 7th, 2008 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigtimecow (Post 572793)
super mario 64 ;D i just 100% completed mario galaxy and i didn't wanna stop

i've made a list of n64 games that i have to play before the year is over, and they include: bomberman, bomberman: second attack (which i actually think i can play on my wii), banjo kazooie, banjo tooie, jet force gemini, mischief makers, and conker's bad fur day

:x

you'd like conkers :x

Guitar Woman Aug 7th, 2008 01:04 PM

Conker's Bad Fur Day is only enjoyable if you played it when you were 12.

I never got my hands on it back then, and played it for the first time a few months ago. It's a really, really boring platformer with lots of terrible poop and fart humor.

10,000 Volt Ghost Aug 7th, 2008 06:29 PM

the multiplayer is the best reason to play it. for N64 at least. Beach mode and capture the flag with 4 people. Conkers for xbox was so terrible.

pac-man Aug 7th, 2008 08:41 PM

Never played the Xbox remake, but I liked it on N64. Pretty straightforward, but the humor was a redeeming factor for me. Then again, I believe the campfire sequence in Blazing Saddles to be the finest scene in cinematic history. :fart

10,000 Volt Ghost Aug 7th, 2008 10:04 PM

They took away all the fun multiplayer modes from 64 version and added what seemed like fun T2 deathmatch mode....Bad times were had by all.

bigtimecow Aug 8th, 2008 10:34 AM

started banjo kazooie! AHUK

10 jiggies in, which isn't much because mambo mountain is easy as fuck :( lol, i also started pokemon diamond again today :x

liquidstatik Aug 8th, 2008 02:30 PM

Fire Emblem and Phantasmagoria of Flower View :love

Duct Tape Ninja Aug 9th, 2008 08:22 AM

Im having big time-trial competitions on battleclash for the snes.
Ohh Yeah

Nick Aug 9th, 2008 06:40 PM

What do you guys think about the new Banjo Kazooie.

Guitar Woman Aug 9th, 2008 09:17 PM

looks pretty icky.

Phoenix Gamma Aug 9th, 2008 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick (Post 573408)
What do you guys think about the new Banjo Kazooie.

Should have been a Lego game. It doesn't have anything to do with the old games at all.

Nick Aug 9th, 2008 11:59 PM

Hours of item collecting?

pac-man Aug 10th, 2008 12:01 AM

Finally gave some attention to my copy of Rockstar Table Tennis that has been in plastic since I got it as an Xmas present. Great game.

Phoenix Gamma Aug 10th, 2008 02:44 AM

Just finished FF7:Crisis Core. I was really mixed at first, because I wanted something livelier, but once the story picked up after Zack got the buster sword, I slowly got into it.

Then the ending was really, really good, just because you got to play through that final scene, so I was really trying to survive that last part. I hate FF7, but I got a little choked up at the end.

Not a bad game. I'd give it a respectable 8.5. If the combat got a swift kick in the pants and leveling up wasn't random, I'd really like it.

Schimid Aug 10th, 2008 05:58 AM

Super Mario Sunshine. After playing Galaxy, the physics in this game just feel all wrong. I'm not sure how I feel about the difficulty yet, as the effort required to procure any one Shine is somewhere between challenging and cat-headbuttingly insane.

Phoenix Gamma Aug 10th, 2008 02:04 PM

Wait until the water pack is taken away.

It will break you :(

LordSappington Aug 11th, 2008 02:20 AM

For some reason Broken Neck Woman scared the fuck out of me. :P

OxBlood Aug 11th, 2008 05:35 AM

Finished Kotor 1 this morning, Kotor 2 is next. It´s Star Wars - Week-o-rama or something like that.

MetalMilitia Aug 14th, 2008 06:14 PM

Indigo Prophesy and Medal of Honour Pacific Assault.

IP is really cool. Lots of good puzzles and such.

10,000 Volt Ghost Aug 14th, 2008 06:46 PM

Going to start up Breath of Fire IV when I get home. I was playing Secret of Mana 2 but it got kind of boring.

bigtimecow Aug 15th, 2008 09:52 AM

MEGA MAN X >: >: >: >:

Girl Drink Drunk Aug 15th, 2008 01:56 PM

Silent Hill, with the audio through a stereo system. I played through the alterate sewer and it was fucking terrifying running through there with the stereo booming
:(

Guitar Woman Aug 15th, 2008 04:22 PM

I got my copy of Silhouette Mirage from Goozex in the mail today, about half a year after I ordered it. The back of the disc looks like it was used to polish DIAMONDS at some point.

Also jesus christ, this game's controls are awful :<

That's the last goddamn thing I'd expect from a Treasure title. I remember it being pretty good on the Saturn, too.

bigtimecow Aug 15th, 2008 07:54 PM

i got crazy taxi from goozex. yeah, took awhile :( but it was in perfect condition

Phoenix Gamma Aug 15th, 2008 11:33 PM

put Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!! on my PSP. I have the original game sitting around, but I figure if I tackle each fight on the go, I might someday beat Mike like my dad did twenty years ago.

I still remember the night he called Nintendo Power and beat him with the Star Uppercut.

10,000 Volt Ghost Aug 16th, 2008 02:00 PM

So I've been looking forward to playing Breath of Fire IV all week, go to get it from a box and its MIA. Does anyone have a copy they want to sell to me or let me borrow? I'm checking here before buying one off ebay.

MarioRPG Aug 16th, 2008 02:55 PM

I'm trying to get Carnevil to work on MAME but I can't get it to recognize my "firing". Lame :(

Guitar Woman Aug 17th, 2008 08:04 AM

So going through my stockpile of Gamecube games I just remembered that I owned Sands of Time, and upon playing it I remember why I tried my hardest to forget about it

The game is really completely awesome until about 80% of the way through and it just falls the fuck apart; you get to the end and lose the dagger, and then are forced through some of the most hellaciously gay and problematic platforming and camera setups in the game, not to mention the FUCKING portal puzzle right before that, and the elevator fight before that.

GRRRR

Zhukov Aug 17th, 2008 08:37 AM

I just picked up Halo 3 in the bargain bin, and I can see why it was there.

Although that says nothing since there were plenty of good games in there.

My point is that Halo 3 is just like the other ones except with new things. My console froze and I hadn't saved for a long while, and I can't be bothered to go through half the level again.

I guess I'm not currently playing Halo 3.

Dr. Boogie Aug 17th, 2008 05:57 PM

Bionic Commando Rearmed. It fucking rules.

executioneer Aug 17th, 2008 06:08 PM

sam and max season one! i managed to get thru the first two episodes and only got stuck once (and i was pretty close in guessing what was needed for the part i got stuck on, i just was going at it the wrong way!)

edit: also i would just like to note for the record that this game series is funny as shit, as expected

bigtimecow Aug 17th, 2008 07:13 PM

i need to play sam and max bad :( i should put it on my wii with scummvm :D

i'm gonna play earthbound because i'm in need of an rpg

Guitar Woman Aug 18th, 2008 12:52 AM

CHEX QUEST

Chojin Aug 18th, 2008 01:03 AM

fuck yeah

Chex Quest 2 on nightmare is one of the hardest games i've ever beaten.

Chojin Aug 18th, 2008 01:04 AM

It's also one of the hardest games to find, since it was released for a month on a site that doesn't exist anymore, and you needed a Chex Quest CD to run it.

Guitar Woman Aug 18th, 2008 01:08 AM

Yeah, I've never played the second one because it doesn't exist in the corporeal state

Chojin Aug 18th, 2008 01:14 AM

Chex Quest 2 had the double-barrelled zorcher and the SUPER BOOTSPORK which was like an electric toothbrush with a spinning spork on the end. It was awesome.

If only you could play it in multiplayer :<

OxBlood Aug 19th, 2008 06:38 AM

Finished Kotor 2, now replaying Mass Effect for the 5th time I think.

timrpgland Aug 19th, 2008 12:46 PM

BC:Rearmed is good. Haven't finished it yet. They did a real good job with it. Love the shotgun.

Been playing some random games lately waiting for the awesome Sept releases.

King Arthur & The Knights of Justice :(

Zomboid Aug 20th, 2008 05:14 PM

I'm playing Braid but I wanna finish Condemned 2 and I'm gonna get castle crashers next week.

Dr. Boogie Aug 20th, 2008 05:42 PM

Condemned 2 is a pretty short game. Get going, dammit.

ScruU2wice Aug 20th, 2008 05:47 PM

I used to totally rail on people who played counter strike and halo3 all the time but I've been playing metal gear online, pretty religiously since I got my wireless to work.

but I only play for like an hour a day and I'm not gay so I still feel like I got a leg up on a lot cs/halo heads.

Zomboid Aug 20th, 2008 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Boogie (Post 575161)
Condemned 2 is a pretty short game. Get going, dammit.

Yeah I know, but I've been trying to get all of the gold rankings so that I get the coolest upgrades, but it seems like after I got the punch dagger, it's all just been slightly cooler stuff than the less rankings :(

Last I played, I was in the snow level.

executioneer Aug 20th, 2008 09:43 PM

been playing sam and max season one, and i gotta say it's pretty goddamn outstanding

probly gonna get season two next week

Zomboid Aug 20th, 2008 09:49 PM

I just started playing fallout 2 again because I finally discovered the restoration patch that adds a whole mess of stuff that the devs removed from the game. It's pretty cool but this marks the 5th or 6th time I've played through this :O

executioneer Aug 21st, 2008 02:23 AM

oh dang that sounds neat :(

pac-man Aug 21st, 2008 02:59 AM

I've been spending an inordinate amount of time with the ol' Xbox thanks to Madden 09 and Bionic Commando: Rearmed.

MetalMilitia Aug 21st, 2008 07:25 AM

I bought a PS3 so I've been checking out Soul Calibre 4 and Battlefield Bad Company. The former is okay, doesn't seem to have changed much from the Dreamcast original. Bad Company is decent but I can't control it for shit so I'm not having that much fun with it.

bigtimecow Aug 22nd, 2008 12:28 AM

zombies ate my neighbors! mad fun

liquidstatik Aug 22nd, 2008 03:30 AM

that game has the most annoying sound effects >:

MarioRPG Aug 23rd, 2008 03:24 PM

I never beat the giant baby...

I'm playing System Shock 2!

Esuohlim Aug 23rd, 2008 06:05 PM

Chrono Trigger :hat

WhiteRat Aug 23rd, 2008 06:58 PM

Still trying to finish Grandia 2 for DC.