I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   What are you playing right now? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69697399)

Guitar Woman Jul 9th, 2008 08:53 PM

asdfadsfsadfsadf

MetalMilitia Jul 9th, 2008 08:56 PM

James stole GW's login details. :eek

MetalMilitia Jul 9th, 2008 09:01 PM

Oh shit, I just noticed GSC Game World also developed Codename Outbreak. I haven't thought about that game in years. It was good IIRC.

OxBlood Jul 10th, 2008 02:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MetalMilitia (Post 566866)
Yeah they basically wasted YEARS on stupid features that never made the cut. At one stage they said that during the nights you'd have to barricade yourself inside a building to avoid being killed while you slept - you had to sleep regularly or you'd die or something. There was also all this weird stuff with the blowouts that never actually made the final game.

And thatīs why Stalker sucks in my opinion. Itīs just your regular Shooter + a little bit of interesting stuff...and plus a lot of bugs. Also the combat doesnīt work very well because you have to pump about 1,5 Clips of AK-Ammo into someone before he finally drops dead. I remember having a mod that tweaked the damage but the player also took a lot more damage wich made it suck again.

We were promised a life-simulation in the beginning and got a sub-par shooter. Sad.

Guitar Woman Jul 10th, 2008 02:56 AM

You are completely wrong and I hope a black man violates you

EisigerBiskuit Jul 10th, 2008 12:13 PM

I did try OL mod before being forced back into regular. It does take a lot of ammo to take people out. At least in OL, you're forced to survive day to day, and not everyone is a super hero.

EisigerBiskuit Jul 10th, 2008 09:23 PM

This mod is bullshit

Dr. Boogie Jul 11th, 2008 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EisigerBiskuit (Post 566992)
I did try OL mod before being forced back into regular. It does take a lot of ammo to take people out. At least in OL, you're forced to survive day to day, and not everyone is a super hero.

You shoot them in the head. It's just harder in the beginning because you have crappy guns.

EisigerBiskuit Jul 11th, 2008 03:13 PM

Yeah, but point blank with a Viper takes 10 shots? I still like knowing I'll die from a few shots too.

Dr. Boogie Jul 11th, 2008 06:54 PM

Then buy new armor.

EisigerBiskuit Jul 12th, 2008 03:58 AM

No I mean UGH nevermind

Guitar Woman Jul 13th, 2008 04:22 AM

Jesus christ, I fucking hate the RC Model missions in San Andreas.

10,000 Volt Ghost Jul 13th, 2008 11:50 AM

I'm going to a mini-golf an arcade in a little bit and I'm hoping they still have a game called Wind Jammers there. It was the shit.

Phoenix Gamma Jul 13th, 2008 01:09 PM

I've been playing through all of the old Mega Man games, mostly the millions I missed over the years. Just finished MM6, 7, and 8, now I'm working on 5, though I hear it's not as good.

I'll probably start working on the MMX games next, because I missed the last two PS1 games.

bigtimecow Jul 13th, 2008 02:50 PM

ocarina! and it's wonderful

i really want to play banjo kazooie though >:

EisigerBiskuit Jul 13th, 2008 07:46 PM

I'm on the ice level. Saving christmas lights from whack-a-gators is funny. Mostly the part where they scream.

Guitar Woman Jul 13th, 2008 08:53 PM

That jiggy and like 3 others were the only things stopping me from 100%ing that game when I was a kid :(

liquidstatik Jul 14th, 2008 12:53 AM

YOUNGSTA

pac-man Jul 14th, 2008 02:26 AM

I've been playing Flight of the Amazon Queen for about a week now. ScummVM is a godsend.

OxBlood Jul 14th, 2008 03:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 566945)
You are completely wrong and I hope a black man violates you

Then tell me, what good parts does Stalker offer, keeping in mind what it was SUPPOSED to be.

Also: Playing The Pirates! Remake right now. Fantastic little game.

executioneer Jul 14th, 2008 03:33 AM

i like stalker for what it is, rather than what it was supposed to be

that's probably because i never heard any of the development hype before i played it, i guess :(

OxBlood Jul 14th, 2008 05:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by executioneer (Post 568263)
i like stalker for what it is, rather than what it was supposed to be

that's probably because i never heard any of the development hype before i played it, i guess :(

I guess so. I heard about it, when it was still a bold vision of a life-simulation in the "Zone" about Artifact-Hunting and survival.

And look what we got in the end *sighs*

Stalker is not bad in terms of ideas or story. I like the story, all 7 (or more?) endings of it. But is has so much wasted potential.

And it was extremely buggy as well in the release-version but Iīm not even taking that into account right now.

executioneer Jul 14th, 2008 05:53 AM

dear designers of mass effect:

please do not make the targeting reticle of your game blue-grey and then have half of the planets you travel to either be blue-grey ice worlds or have blue-grey water covering most of them

it makes my head ache every time i'm trying to shoot something accurately when i'm outside >:

10,000 Volt Ghost Jul 14th, 2008 06:18 PM

Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles. Played it my friend for the story mostly. It's kind of fun though.

Lobo Tommy Jul 14th, 2008 06:23 PM

I've been playing Intellivision.

Does anyone else hear have one? I highly doubt it.