I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   What are you playing right now? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69697399)

10,000 Volt Ghost May 21st, 2010 01:49 PM

I got a Mauser and mowed BANDITOSAM down.

Dimnos May 21st, 2010 01:51 PM

10K I hope you and Sam are ready to go on a killing spree later tonight. I only have one question... Can we lynch people?

DougClayton4231 May 21st, 2010 02:35 PM

@Dimnos, I'd rather shoot bad guys of some sort. Lassoing people is hilarious though.

10,000 Volt Ghost May 21st, 2010 02:50 PM

I have softball tonight then going to hang out with gf. I'll be playing all night tomorrow night though. Get out of work tomorrow at 6pm EST.

The gang hideout missions are awesome. Especially the soundtrack.

Dimnos May 21st, 2010 02:52 PM

Im talking like 1 am for you east coasty.

10,000 Volt Ghost May 21st, 2010 03:36 PM

I'll try to get on, might be at a bar around then though. I thought I had off all day tomorrow but I have to work instead.

darkvare May 22nd, 2010 12:54 AM

i've been hearing rumors of a delorean in a mine i'm gonna get my horse and look for it

10,000 Volt Ghost May 22nd, 2010 09:25 AM

That's gotta be a rumor but its awesome. I found out there is a white hungarian steed on the east east east side of the map.

If you ride it while escaping from Johnny Law in a certain condition you get an achievement:

Headin south on a white bronco.

:JUICE

Zhukov May 22nd, 2010 11:08 AM

Just bought Lost Planet 2, will play tomorrow.

LordSappington May 22nd, 2010 12:17 PM

I tried to play Assassin's Creed 2 last night; I quit after trying to race my brother. That game sucked horribly to me.

10,000 Volt Ghost May 22nd, 2010 12:23 PM

You should try it again, AC2 is a ton of fun. Racing someone is kind of lame.

LordSappington May 22nd, 2010 12:26 PM

I might try it if someone beats that part for me. Another big factor is I'm generally not too big on Medieval/Renaissance games. :\

TheCoolinator May 24th, 2010 09:01 AM

Just purchased Batman: Arkham Asylum on PC.

Its great, probably one of the best Batman games I've ever played. The voice acting is superb, the graphics are amazing, combat is fun and easy, and all the little gadgets really make you feel like your stepping into the big man's shoes.

Fathom Zero May 24th, 2010 09:15 PM

Preordered Alpha Protocol. FUCKING PUMPED FOR SPY ACTION.

Phoenix Gamma May 25th, 2010 12:55 AM

Just got the first 120 stars in Mario Galaxy 2.

Turns out there are 120 more stars that get unlocked after :lol They're really weird, too: they're tucked away in the levels and you have zero hints as to where they are, since the missions are numbered. Then if you even do find them, you usually have to exploit the mechanics to get them, like using Yoshi's tongue to fling yourself off of a flower then flutter kicking then backflipping off of Yoshi all in one go.

Fantastic game, though. It's reviewing like crazy.

Fathom Zero May 25th, 2010 01:02 AM

I'm pissed you can't use the Classic Controller with these games. Super Mario Galaxy 1 was a horribly clunky piece of shit and I can't believe I hated a Mario game that much.

I just popped in Sunshine and all was well. :(

Phoenix Gamma May 25th, 2010 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathom Zero (Post 687287)
I'm pissed you can't use the Classic Controller with these games. Super Mario Galaxy 1 was a horribly clunky piece of shit and I can't believe I hated a Mario game that much.

I just popped in Sunshine and all was well. :(

You're the only one I heard complain about Galaxy's controls. Cause just about all the reviews are saying it controls really well.

I'm inclined to agree, but to each his own.

Fathom Zero May 25th, 2010 01:16 AM

I'm really thinking that's it because I really, legitimately hated them. They feel way too floaty, I guess. I'm sure with practice or whatever, I could handle it.

But then, I don't really like the Remote + Nunchuk controller setup for any game on the Wii, so I'm probably not the best judge.

Phoenix Gamma May 25th, 2010 01:57 AM

See, I think they're pretty precise. I usually end up making the game a lot harder for myself by finding retarded challenges like trying to fling a hammer bro into the lava with yoshi's tongue in midair (came close, but I accidentally stomped on him in the air before he could land in the lava :lol ) or landing precise triple jumps in Bowser's stages while narrowly avoiding everything and randomly busting out sideflips or whatever. That's why I love these extra 120 stars; they require my kind of dicking around to find.

Actually, I do that a lot in Mario games. I just like seeing what kind of cool shit I can pull off, but I get a lot more into it with Galaxy 1 and 2. And Sunshine too, though I liked fucking around in that game more than the actual missions. At least Galaxy and Galaxy 2's missions are fun, and you really don't repeat much in the latter. One mission, you're spitting Bullet Bills at shit, the next, you're gliding a bird through a crumbling space station, then you're drilling through a house while the direction of gravity changes.

The only changes I would make to the sequel is to bring Splatter Matter back, get rid of the Fat Luma character, and have Bowser only appear once, with the Koopa Kids filling in all of the main boss fights leading up to him. They made the same stupid mistake of repeating the Bowser fight 3 times, and while they do add twists each time (the finale is actually really cool), it just loses it's impact. But everything else is really, really solid. Technically, a better game than the original in almost every way.

Fathom Zero May 25th, 2010 02:01 AM

I'll look into it. :\ A bunch of friends are getting it, obviously. I'm the only holdout. I just got Okami, so I'm looking forward to playing that the first time.

Zhukov May 25th, 2010 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zhukov (Post 687040)
Just bought Lost Planet 2, will play tomorrow.

Is boring, samey and tries so hard to be like Avatar.

It's also designed to be played online co-op, which pisses me off since I'm playing the game through with AI partners. I suppose it's my fault for not reading reviews, but it's really annoying to just be playing some capture the flag type deathmatch bullshit (with AI) when I just want to play a proper single player game.

OxBlood May 25th, 2010 08:57 AM

My second Red Dead arrived so I brought the first one back to Gamestop and switched it out for Blur which was a lot of fun in the beta...IGN doesn´t like it but who gives a shit...

DougClayton4231 May 25th, 2010 08:49 PM

I'm going to go ahead and warn everyone. Alpha Protocol is fucking horrible. It feels like a game from the early PS2 era. There are virtually no positives, the graphics suck, the sound sucks, the controls suck, the RPG elements suck, and the voiceover work is abysmal. Steer clear of this one unless you want to burn 60$.

Fathom Zero May 25th, 2010 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DougClayton4231 (Post 687379)
I'm going to go ahead and warn everyone. Alpha Protocol is fucking horrible. It feels like a game from the early PS2 era. There are virtually no positives, the graphics suck, the sound sucks, the controls suck, the RPG elements suck, and the voiceover work is abysmal. Steer clear of this one unless you want to burn 60$.

Glad I only preordered it on Steam for $50. >:

Then again, we aren't really alike as far as games go, so I think I'll enjoy it.

OxBlood May 26th, 2010 03:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DougClayton4231 (Post 687379)

Thanks for the warning but somehow thatīs hard to believe, the game looks totally okay in the videos and the Previews say the same...what happened?