I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   What are you playing right now? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69697399)

Pentegarn Jul 26th, 2010 09:20 PM

Dynasty Warriors 2 was decent.

Bouncer and Summoner though...

At least Summoner has the "Dungeons and Dragons" skit easter egg'd on it though

There was a time when that was as close to a good RPG as you could get on the PS2

10,000 Volt Ghost Jul 27th, 2010 10:36 AM

I hope you're talking about Summoner and Dynasty Warriors 2 being in the bargain bin.

edit: I liked the Bouncer and wanted to play it the other day.

darkvare Jul 27th, 2010 02:25 PM

bully again except this time on wii

DougClayton4231 Jul 27th, 2010 03:19 PM

Starcraft 2. The campaign is pretty cool, but to be honest, I don't think it should have taken this long to get the game out the door. 12 years is a long ass time between games that are nearly identical (except that there are new units and 3d graphics.) It's good though.

darkvare Jul 27th, 2010 08:38 PM

i want to play the prottoss story

Dimnos Jul 28th, 2010 02:18 PM

So Im thinking about picking up Demons Soul or Darksiders today because I never got around to getting them when they came out. Any suggestions as to which I should pick up?

Fathom Zero Jul 28th, 2010 02:43 PM

Demon's Souls. The servers are going to go offline in March. It's my favorite game of the past four or five years. And it's challenging, but not so difficult as to be boring.

Dimnos Jul 28th, 2010 03:21 PM

Servers of going offline? Will you still be able to play it?

Fathom Zero Jul 28th, 2010 03:30 PM

Sure, just not online. It make it much harder, I guarantee you. It takes away half of the fun, considering it had probably the most fun and unique online play in any game I've ever had.

Dimnos Jul 28th, 2010 03:36 PM

So its only going to be half as cool come March?

Fathom Zero Jul 28th, 2010 03:52 PM

Yeah. But I'd play it even then. I don't even understand, I thought it came out last year. How could they shut that shit down?

darkvare Jul 28th, 2010 04:12 PM

finally got lbp

OxBlood Jul 28th, 2010 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathom Zero (Post 693652)
Yeah. But I'd play it even then. I don't even understand, I thought it came out last year. How could they shut that shit down?

One could try the european version, that oneīs the newest after all, so maybe those servers will last the longest.
Gotta say though, I never really played online, I thought it was a little annoying to have guys invade and onehit me, so I mostly played offline (asian version). But I can understand the big appeal of DSīs online-features, I just donīt really like them.

Still playing DQ IX and still loving it, really didnīt expect it to be that much fun.

Fathom Zero Jul 28th, 2010 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OxBlood (Post 693655)
One could try the european version, that oneīs the newest after all, so maybe those servers will last the longest.
Gotta say though, I never really played online, I thought it was a little annoying to have guys invade and onehit me, so I mostly played offline (asian version). But I can understand the big appeal of DSīs online-features, I just donīt really like them.

Still playing DQ IX and still loving it, really didnīt expect it to be that much fun.

Why did you keep coming back to life? Why didn't you stay in soul form and help people take down the bosses, get a shitload of souls, and level up yourself and your weapons?

OxBlood Jul 29th, 2010 03:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathom Zero (Post 693661)
Why did you keep coming back to life? Why didn't you stay in soul form and help people take down the bosses, get a shitload of souls, and level up yourself and your weapons?

I didnīt know the game as well then as I do now. I had maybe 2, 3 people invade total but it got on my nerve, so after that I played offline. Donīt have to deal with a player monk-boss that way, donīt have people invade my game when Iīm working on PW WT (hard enough as it is)...I didnīt play as a blue phantom mostly because...well, I saw no real appeal in being a mute tacked on coop-buddy to someone I canīt even choose, I prefered to farm souls in what...4-2? :lol

Fathom Zero Jul 29th, 2010 03:28 AM

The end of the Valley of Storms is very nice for that.

OxBlood Jul 29th, 2010 09:27 AM

That´s 4-3, isn´t it? I grindet the hell out of the first grim reaper in that cave, the one with the altar at the end, really pretty nice...if memory serves, those bug-things in 2-2 are also pretty great with soulsucker.

Nick Jul 29th, 2010 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathom Zero (Post 693646)
Demon's Souls. The servers are going to go offline in March. It's my favorite game of the past four or five years. And it's challenging, but not so difficult as to be boring.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathom Zero (Post 693646)
It's my favorite game of the past four or five years..

Release date(s)
  • JP February 5, 2009
  • NA October 6, 2009[3]
  • EU June 25, 2010[2]

executioneer Jul 29th, 2010 11:48 AM

that's still within "the last four or five years", dude

if it'd been released in 2003, then you might have a point

Fathom Zero Jul 29th, 2010 03:16 PM

Yeah, you fucking idiot. It's the best game out of all games released in the past four or five years.

Phoenix Gamma Jul 29th, 2010 04:15 PM

Downloaded a really fun iphone game yesterday. You 're a god, and you follow your hero's fake twitter account as he goes on quests and kills monsters in your name, tweeting everything as he goes.

My hero's first battle was against Dr. Chaos. He won, and Chaos gave him an item before drowning himself in a nearby volcano. Joe Hero (that's what I named him) then went to a merchant to sell his goods, knocked out the merchant's teeth, then sold them to ANOTHER merchant, after which he proceeded to ask the merchant's daughter out on a date.

Today, he helped a dying Tripodal Spider pick up his wallet ("he doesn't need it anyways") and rescued a bunny ("it was delicious") before fighting a Panzer Dragon. His current equips are a cardboard box for his head ("it'll look great on me!"), mud coating for his body, prison handcuffs for his arms ("they're beautiful. And just my size!") a sharp stick for a weapon and an elephant's ear for a shield.

This is probably my favorite iPhone game so far, since it updates every few minutes, and all I have to do is encourage/punish him and send him divine messages. Perfect for killing a minute or two when you're in line or waiting for a commercial break to end. There's even a browser version (godvillegame.com) but I'm not sure if that's as good.

Dimnos Jul 29th, 2010 04:20 PM

:lol I picked that up the other day myself. Whats your gods name? We can make our heroes fight.

Phoenix Gamma Jul 29th, 2010 05:11 PM

Gregorious (I'm bad at names so I just made mine sound fancy :() Joe Hero's only level 8 right now but he should level up around the time he confesses his love to a snowgirl.

Dimnos Jul 29th, 2010 05:33 PM

Well I was able to add you to my friends list or whatever but I dont know how to make our heroes kill stuff together or fight each other. Maybe we will just start seeing things in the diary. :\

Dimnos Jul 29th, 2010 05:37 PM

Woo Hoo! I just noticed Im on page one of the evil pantheon! :lol