I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   What are you playing right now? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69697399)

Phoenix Gamma Jan 14th, 2010 12:07 PM

I started up the Disgaea 2 remake for PSP. I put a shitload of time into the first game, and didn't get much time with the second.

That said, I've reached the point where I've broken the game over my knee and levelled up my troops over 100 Levels in two battles. In one day, I unlocked a secret character, and levelled it from 50 to 600 two days later.

I'm gonna see if I can make it to 9999. This game's got enough shit to abuse that it's actually feasible this time.

Guitar Woman Jan 14th, 2010 11:27 PM

Brothers in Arms: Road to Hill 30.

...It's fucking awful. What the hell, Gearbox, I thought we were bros.

Ant10708 Jan 16th, 2010 01:55 AM

Took a break on the new zelda and rented the new game Darksiders for 360. Having fun with it so far at about two hours into it. Some very cool kills to be performed. The game borrows heavily from various games but it executes most of it well. Overall I'd call it an action adventure game thou.

10,000 Volt Ghost Jan 16th, 2010 09:30 AM

Way to accept my friend request on Live Ant. Castle Crashers are waiting.

Ant10708 Jan 16th, 2010 04:00 PM

Havn't been on Live in awhile. Had no idea you ever even saw that post of mine. I'll sign on when I return from the dog park and will try to play around 5 pm eastern time today(sat)

10,000 Volt Ghost Jan 16th, 2010 04:02 PM

Saul Goode. I get out of work at 6pm but have to sleep then go out drinking tonight.

Sam Jan 16th, 2010 04:48 PM

Are you practicing for July?

10,000 Volt Ghost Jan 16th, 2010 04:52 PM

OH YEAH.
Oh, We should bring a Wii because I'm awesome at Brawl but the online sucks. I went camping at Six Flags one weekend in middle school and brought a TV, PS1 and Diablo. I had to quit playing though because girls with beer wanted to hang out.

Zomboid Jan 16th, 2010 05:56 PM

What is happening in July?

10,000 Volt Ghost Jan 16th, 2010 06:01 PM

http://www.comic-con.org/cci/

Fathom Zero Jan 16th, 2010 08:50 PM

SNITCHES GET STITCHES, B

10,000 Volt Ghost Jan 16th, 2010 09:50 PM

What I meant was http://trash.com/

bigtimecow Jan 17th, 2010 01:16 PM

i'm trying to play mass effect but it crashes as soon as i open :(

windows vista suuuuuuccckkkks

Sam Jan 17th, 2010 01:21 PM

BAYONETTA, DIRT, RUMBLE ROSES XX, RESIDENT EVIL 5, AND NEED FOR SPEED: UNDERCOVER

I have video game ADD :(

darkvare Jan 17th, 2010 03:25 PM

i'm triying to finish god of war 2 in titan mode currently at euryales temple thesus always gives me a hard time

Fathom Zero Jan 17th, 2010 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigtimecow (Post 668104)
i'm trying to play mass effect but it crashes as soon as i open :(

windows vista suuuuuuccckkkks

It doesn't work on any Vista machine. Sorry, Chalie.

LordSappington Jan 17th, 2010 06:50 PM

Motherfucking L4D2! Love this game.

bigtimecow Jan 17th, 2010 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathom Zero (Post 668124)
It doesn't work on any Vista machine. Sorry, Chalie.

are you fucking serious? then thank you steam for telling me i just need to run it as administrator

fuck

kahljorn Jan 18th, 2010 01:58 AM

Well according to what ive read it does run on vista (what i've read is about 100 people saying they have vista but it works) but fathom zero's the pro.

what kind of laptop do you have? What happens when it crashes? have you tried changing compatability mode even though that usually doesnt do shit? Is your vista updated? You got direct x updated/your video drivers updated? And some people say you need ageiaphysix but i dunno about that :O QUESSSSTIOOOONS. before you do all that i would try turning user account control off though.

Quote:

WINDOWS VISTA OR WINDOWS 7 USERS: Launching “Mass Effect” from Steam requires the setting “Run as Administrator”. If the User Account Control feature of Windows Vista is enabled, launching “Mass Effect” from Steam will result in failure. For users with User Account Control enabled, launch Steam using the “Run as Administrator” option or launch from the windows shortcut.
you should just turn run as administrator on the mass effect launcher, the .exe that actually loads the game AND steam i guess ;/ you're launching from steam right? :O

THATS ALL THE CRAP I WOULD START WITH IF I WERE YOU :( You can also turn off user account controls entirely which might make it easier for you. To do that open the microsoft security center which you can access through the control panel. Then click other security options or something and that should be one of the options. IF THAT DOESNT HELP ILL TRY TO GIVE YOU SOME OTHER SUGGESTIONS.

Dr. Boogie Jan 18th, 2010 02:18 AM

I saw in one thread that a guy was having that same problem, but that downloading the Bring Down the Sky content pack solved it.

http://masseffect.bioware.com/me1/galacticcodex/bringdownthesky_pc.html

They have it for free here, but you have to register the game with them.

kahljorn Jan 18th, 2010 02:29 AM

lol yea i saw that too :P

Fathom Zero Jan 18th, 2010 02:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam (Post 668105)
BAYONETTA, DIRT, RUMBLE ROSES XX, RESIDENT EVIL 5, AND NEED FOR SPEED: UNDERCOVER

I have video game ADD :(

Red Faction Guerrilla, Street Fighter IV, Shadowrun, Osmos, Halflife 2, Uplink, and Psychonauts. :/

kahljorn Jan 18th, 2010 02:48 AM

Supposedly the reason why bigtimecow is having problems is cause it edits the registry when the game runs the first time and user account control stops that from happening. Prolly the downloadable content might add the registry data automatically :O
but anyway regarding that some dude having the same problem was all, "THIS GAME EDITS THE REGISTRY? I DONT WANT NO GAME MESSIN WITH MY REGISTRY"
:lol

Fathom Zero Jan 18th, 2010 03:02 AM

Red Faction also had a problem with that. It edits the registry so that, at the end of the process, a patch is downloaded and installed for the game. Well, when a lot of people bought it off of Steam like I did, they found that it wouldn't patch itself because the update wouldn't download itself, and if it did, it wouldn't install. That means you couldn't sign into GFW and couldn't get any multiplayer on.

So I just found the address of the patch on Microsoft's servahs and manually downloaded it.

I'm actually having to do that with more and more games. I wonder what my computer's beef is.

Zhukov Jan 18th, 2010 06:35 AM

I hate Vista. Sorry Kahl, I didn't notice you offered me good advice in my "installing xp" thread until recently.

Anyway, I downloaded the Bayonetta demo, and while I can see why people would enjoy it, and I can see why they see it as a good game; it's not really my type of thing. In other news, Darksiders is still enthralling me.