I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   I-Mockery Chat (Lube up those lips) (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8799)

Kitsa Aug 12th, 2010 05:09 PM

:pagebrak

"Cathy" is ending? But...but...where else won't I get my fill of inconsequential nonsense about chocolate, shoes and purses?

http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/20...-end/?src=tptw

Dimnos Aug 12th, 2010 05:12 PM

That shit has been running all this time?

Esuohlim Aug 12th, 2010 05:13 PM

Cathy is ending?! ACK

kahljorn Aug 12th, 2010 05:43 PM

Quote:

Is it super better than the shit you used to buy?
Actually, no. But the dude i used to get it from had the best shit :(

to be honest i think the real difference is that the shit we got .. well... like with medicinal cannabis they like sort it into "effects" or whatever, so there's like weed for day time which keeps you peppy and weed for night time which knocks you the fuck out.
i like the kind that knocks you the fuck out and we bought the kind thats peppy :O its still really good shit though.

also my camera got stolen by a drag queen :(

Babs Aug 12th, 2010 07:14 PM

I just ate at Golden Corral for the first time. It fucking sucked.

Kitsa Aug 12th, 2010 08:26 PM

I could have told you that. It's called "Corral" for a reason....the cheap all you can eats. Mooooooooooooooooo.

Pentegarn Aug 12th, 2010 08:52 PM

My bowling league changed their banquet location from decent Italian joint to Golden Corral.

I have not gone to a post league banquet since

Esuohlim Aug 12th, 2010 09:07 PM

ACK

Chojin Aug 12th, 2010 10:27 PM

golden corral is a guilty pleasure of mine

they pretty much have banana and bread pudding on tap

Fathom Zero Aug 12th, 2010 10:44 PM

I'm gonna vomit if I even see bread pudding again. Bad experiences ruin food. :(

Kitsa Aug 12th, 2010 10:55 PM

I'm surprised you eat bread pudding :/

Tonight (:foodthread) I made Spanish rice, but with quinoa, and I tried to jack up the healthy wherever I can. There are a lot of good things about quinoa...it cooks in half the time of rice, it supposedly has an insane amount of protein and something like 8x the fiber of brown rice, etc. But there are bad things too...it's expensive as all hell, you either have to buy prerinsed or rinse it yourself to get the bitter coating off, and it does have a slightly un-ricelike scent to it.

I made the quinoa (1 cup dry yields 4 cups cooked, good deal), dumped in some tomatoes, found a small can of chickpeas and dumped those in too for texture, added some garlic and kosher salt and then thought for a minute and dumped in a shitload of hot sauce. The hot sauce masked the quinoa smell and it pretty much tasted like standard Spanish rice. I'd eat it again.

Chojin Aug 12th, 2010 11:09 PM

i don't eat bread pudding when i'm on a diet. i demolish that shit when i'm not.

Colonel Flagg Aug 13th, 2010 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chojin (Post 694996)
golden corral is a guilty pleasure of mine

they pretty much have banana and bread pudding on tap

Strap on the feedbag!

Colonel Flagg Aug 13th, 2010 01:00 PM

I went back to read Max's piece on the "13 Stages of Eating at the Golden Corral". I can barely see my computer screen through the tears. :lol

I miss the insane ramblings of Mr. Burbank. :(

Otto Aug 13th, 2010 03:59 PM

I used to eat at Golden Corral a lot, until I saw this disgustingly fat guy with a cauliflower nose and confederate flag suspenders eating a pile steak with his hands. Now every time I think of Golden Corral all I can see is redneck mcgrossnose gobbling down steak.

10,000 Volt Ghost Aug 13th, 2010 04:20 PM

He was eating a pile steak? How big is that?

Otto Aug 13th, 2010 05:13 PM

Shit, I meant a pile of steak.

Kitsa Aug 13th, 2010 08:02 PM

I hate buffets.

Shit, this mike's harder lemonade stuff is crazy. I recommend it.

kahljorn Aug 13th, 2010 09:55 PM

fried brown rice :(

i got suckered into going to a stupid buffet the other day that has "WORLD FAMOUS FRIED CHICKEN" and it wasn't even that famous. also all the food sucked and they didn't even have soft serve ice cream :(

Colonel Flagg Aug 13th, 2010 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Otto (Post 695092)
I used to eat at Golden Corral a lot, until I saw this disgustingly fat guy with a cauliflower nose and confederate flag suspenders eating a pile [of] steak with his hands. Now every time I think of Golden Corral all I can see is redneck mcgrossnose gobbling down steak.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kahljorn (Post 695111)
i got suckered into going to a stupid buffet the other day that has "WORLD FAMOUS FRIED CHICKEN" and it wasn't even that famous. also all the food sucked and they didn't even have soft serve ice cream :(

I now have the mental image of Redneck McGrossnose with his head positioned upside-down dumping soft-serve ice cream directly down his gullet. :x

Just thought I'd share that.

Chojin Aug 14th, 2010 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitsa (Post 695102)
I hate buffets.

Shit, this mike's harder lemonade stuff is crazy. I recommend it.

i don't often drink anymore after i learned that alcohol has only slightly less calories than liquid lard

so now when i do drink, i only do shots and i don't go under 90 proof

Zhukov Aug 14th, 2010 05:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esuohlim (Post 694951)
Cathy is ending?! ACK

Well I laughed at this even if nobody else did.

Kitsa Aug 14th, 2010 05:37 AM

I laughed, but milhouse doesn't want me laughing at his jokes.

Colonel Flagg Aug 14th, 2010 07:11 AM

That comic never makes me laugh, so why should a joke based on the comic?

10,000 Volt Ghost Aug 14th, 2010 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Otto (Post 695099)
Shit, I meant a pile of steak.

:( A pile steak sounded delicious.