I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   I-Mockery Chat (Lube up those lips) (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8799)

Pub Lover Dec 15th, 2010 03:05 PM

:pagebrak

elx Dec 15th, 2010 03:06 PM

doesn't sound like a battery problem to me :o

pc or macbook? macbooks have reset commands that usually fix boot up problems

Pub Lover Dec 15th, 2010 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esuohlim (Post 707718)
MY TWO-MONTH OLD LAPTOP DOESN'T TURN ON ANYMORE. In fact when I plug it in the little plug-in light comes on, but when I press the power button the light goes off until I unplug it and plug it in again. AND IT DOESN'T TURN ON AT ALL UNPLUGGED.

ANGST

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tadao (Post 707723)
Sounds like the battery is completely dead.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pub Lover (Post 707727)
So remove the battery, plug in & see if it boots? :confused

Pub Lover Dec 15th, 2010 03:06 PM

Aww! Thank you, ELX. :love

Wiffles Dec 15th, 2010 05:36 PM

happened to my lappy once, try booting it without the battery. if the battery is removable. ie plugged in

yeah what pubsy said

Fathom Zero Dec 15th, 2010 05:51 PM

in action, how like an angel? In apprehension, how like a god?

Kitsa Dec 15th, 2010 06:01 PM

:/

I need you to tell me whether you are quoting Hair or Shakespeare, so that I may appreciate what you have said accordingly.

Fathom Zero Dec 15th, 2010 06:23 PM

I only know Hamlet. I seen that shit like a thousand times.

Kitsa Dec 15th, 2010 06:25 PM

Fathom Zero Dec 15th, 2010 06:32 PM

oh for fuck's sake

Esuohlim Dec 15th, 2010 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pub Lover (Post 707727)
So remove the battery, plug in & see if it boots? :confused

NO SALE :(

It's an HP Pavilion dv5t. The little light comes on when I plug it in whether the battery is out or not, and turns off when I press the power button. Computer never starts up. It never even turns on. I h8 computers

Shrubfest Dec 15th, 2010 07:54 PM

Is not going to bed and sleeping on the couch a good way to sulk at the man?

He told me to come to bed after he was asleep because my insomnia disturbed his sleep.

Fathom Zero Dec 15th, 2010 09:37 PM

He sounds pretty understanding and tolerant.

MLE Dec 15th, 2010 09:45 PM

Yes it's a good way to sulk at him. They actually care if you're in bed or not. You're getting your message across, so keep it up until he asks what's really wrong!

elx Dec 15th, 2010 11:43 PM

no, take your bed back and kick his ass to the couch! why should you have to be uncozy in the freezing winter? he's the one being a jerk

MLE Dec 15th, 2010 11:51 PM

because being passive aggressive works better than being a bitch. There's more guilt associated with it.

Fathom Zero Dec 15th, 2010 11:56 PM

Yeah, that would kill me. :(

MLE Dec 15th, 2010 11:58 PM

See?

Fathom Zero Dec 16th, 2010 12:12 AM

I'd go sleep on the couch if I needed it that bad. :\

But I just need 3-4 hours of listless sleep to make it through the day without killing myself.

Pub Lover Dec 16th, 2010 12:36 AM

Sounds like Shrub needs a man with more stamina. Sam would boff ya to sleep every night.

Sam Dec 16th, 2010 03:05 AM

SHRUB YOU SHOULD HAVE WAITED FOR ME. :tear

I WOULD HAVE MADE IT ALL RIGHT BABY.

Zhukov Dec 16th, 2010 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shrubfest (Post 707754)
Is not going to bed and sleeping on the couch a good way to sulk at the man?

He told me to come to bed after he was asleep because my insomnia disturbed his sleep.

You could try telling him why you think that's a bad idea. That way you can sort it out in a logical way, without spending a night on the couch thinking up ways that it's his fault.

Shrubfest Dec 16th, 2010 08:49 AM

Yeah, but he gets the 'I have to get up for work at 6, and you don't actually have to get up at all because you are currently a bum' card.

Which is ironic, because my insomnia is caused by my utter failings in finding placements.

I wouldn't have minded so much if his evening routine didn't involve him falling asleep in front of facebook for 2 hours.

MLE Dec 16th, 2010 08:53 AM

passive aggressive mixed with logic as soon as confronted is a nearly unbeatable combination.

I don't do this anymore, but i really used to be a bitch. The last person that got handled like this was chojin :< Sorry bro :<

Zhukov Dec 16th, 2010 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shrubfest (Post 707800)
Yeah, but he gets the 'I have to get up for work at 6, and you don't actually have to get up at all because you are currently a bum' card.

Which is ironic, because my insomnia is caused by my utter failings in finding placements.

I wouldn't have minded so much if his evening routine didn't involve him falling asleep in front of facebook for 2 hours.

Well, it sounds like he's winning this argument. Does he understand that you don't want to distress him BUT it's not very nice to be told to stay away form bed? As crazy as this may seem, sometimes actually discussing your genuine feelings with your partner is a good idea.

Why are women so unkind? :(