I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   What are you playing right now? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69697399)

Fathom Zero Jul 18th, 2008 11:37 PM

TEAM FORTRESS 222222222222222222222222222

OxBlood Jul 20th, 2008 11:01 AM

Rainbow 6 - Vegas 2.

Very nice game. Also, my 360 got shocked yesterday, thunderstorm and all that. Seems like it fried the back USB-Port but left everything else alone...and of course I hope that by having my console struck by lightning, it will gain super-powers, like...well, not breaking down every six months. For that I would sacrifice that USB-Port anytime ^^

HungryWantBiddy Jul 21st, 2008 09:09 AM

I'm still playing the same games I was playing when I last posted in this thread. Steady diet of TF2, Halo 3 (even though it's busted), COD4, etc.

Phoenix Gamma Jul 25th, 2008 04:16 AM

So I just modded my PSP, and spent the last few days finding different games, emulators, and other apps to download. Then I discovered Echochrome.

That game has got to be the most wonderful portable game ever created. Fucking wonderful.

Fathom Zero Jul 25th, 2008 04:36 AM

Now I'm not playing anything. I need to get back to writing. Maybe work on some Mr. Wonderful stuff.

Guitar Woman Jul 25th, 2008 05:23 AM

I spent about 12 hours of quality time with Team Fortress 2 today.

I still have trouble with the idea that while backstabbing the Engineer is hilarious, his sentries taking me to pieces afterwords because I failed to sap them beforehand is not.

Also, Pyros can go and suck a gigantic, throbbing cocksickle. We had about 9 guys on a single point, three of them medics giving buffs to soldiers, and a lone pyro/medic team comes in and takes out fucking all of us in a matter of seconds. If it weren't for Pyros I'd daresay this game was perfect.

Phoenix Gamma Jul 25th, 2008 11:34 AM

If you're quick, you can stab and sap before getting gunned down. The idea is to approach the sentry from behind so it takes awhile to turn.

Guitar Woman Jul 25th, 2008 04:09 PM

Yeah, I just haven't gotten the hang of sapping yet.

I'll get lucky and get a noob engineer every once in a while, but the ones who know what they're doing usually shotgun the hell out of anything that comes within 20 feet of their stuff.

Sniper is also one of the best disguises ever, especially when you're trying to take out sentries on a point your team is pushing; you can stand behind everyone and wait for an opening for really as long as you want because nobody ever expects Snipers to move. This is also why Snipers are piss easy gank targets :<

Phoenix Gamma Jul 25th, 2008 05:50 PM

Alternatively, you'd be retarded to disguise as a Heavy, which is why I'll sometimes get away with it if used sparingly. Hooray reverse psychology!

I can't wait for the Spy update. But one thing I'd like to see is the Scout disguise getting a speed bump. It's useless since you're obviously fake when you're running, but when you're a soldier or heavy, you get penalized :<

MetalMilitia Jul 25th, 2008 06:52 PM

But when you're disguised as a heavy or soldier the loss in speed helps deceive the enemy so you're not really being penalised. If they gave the spy scout speed then all the spies would just use a scout disguise to get to the front line then change to something else - it'd just make the game kind of ridiculous in the same way that Counter strike is ridiculous because everyone runs around with their knife out.

Guitar Woman Jul 25th, 2008 10:40 PM

Heavy disguises get Medics to buff me every single time, and make me wish I had that "FYI I am a Spy" spray.

They're especially useful on Goldrush, where you can't succeed as Blu without half a team of the bastards. I've only been found out once before mercilessly taking out everyone pushing the cart.

executioneer Jul 26th, 2008 04:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 570666)
I still have trouble with the idea that while backstabbing the Engineer is hilarious, his sentries taking me to pieces afterwords because I failed to sap them beforehand is not.

get another spy to go with you so one of you can stab the engineer and th other can sap the sentries, idk

Guitar Woman Jul 26th, 2008 06:40 AM

So I've played about 26 hours of this game in a two day period. Is this normal for first timers or should I be seeking help at this point?

I also couldn't think of a better game to get mindlessly addicted to, this is seriously fucking great <3

Phoenix Gamma Jul 26th, 2008 08:09 AM

So a good chunk of people were talking about some game for the DS called "Rhythm Heaven" that was showed at E3. Apparently it's a sequel to a really silly GBA game, so I loaded it up on my PSP before going to bed.

I ended up staying awake a lot later than I planned. The game is so stupid, but so fun. It's made by the WarioWare people, and it's really evident; you mostly just use the A button, and occasionally a D-Pad, to play microgames to the beat of the music. It sounds easy, but it turns out my sense of rhythm isn't as awesome as I thought it was :(

Fathom Zero Jul 26th, 2008 04:33 PM

I accrued 40 hours in a three day period in TF2, now I never want to play it again.

BurntToShreds Jul 26th, 2008 05:36 PM

I've been switching between Gunbound Revolution, Diablo II, and GTAIV (the last I have for the 360. My Gamertag is the same as my forum name, so send a friend request if you want.)

OxBlood Jul 28th, 2008 07:00 AM

Right now: Ace Combat 6, Marvel Ultimate Alliance, Civilization 4, Colonization aaaand Alpha Centauri.

KILLADEUCE Jul 28th, 2008 09:21 PM

Armed Assault has been getting some serious play, trying to supplement my Battlefield 2 addiction. Tf2 is a masterpiece I enjoy as well- I've been enjoying busting out the HW slaughterfest on Pyro's since they added the achievements :bestthread

pac-man Jul 29th, 2008 12:36 AM

I was torn between downloading Penny Arcade or Commanders: Attack of the Genos. I went with Commanders because it was cheaper. Not a bad decision. Pretty much Advance Wars with an art deco makeover, but that's not a bad thing.

argonath Jul 29th, 2008 09:05 AM

I finished up the main story on GTA4 last week, and started an Argonian agent on Elder Scrolls IV this past weekend. I'm digging that game so far. Never thought Bethesda could improve on Morrowind, but it sure looks like they did.

Guitar Woman Jul 29th, 2008 10:53 AM

You'll find out later that they actually didn't, though.

Fathom Zero Jul 29th, 2008 10:57 AM

But they really did. >:

Guitar Woman Jul 29th, 2008 06:08 PM

Oblivion is an arcade game

Nick Jul 29th, 2008 11:46 PM

I'd pay $0.25 for it.

Guitar Woman Jul 30th, 2008 03:26 AM

Resident Evil 2, for the first time.

Holy shit, that's a lot of zombies. My complaints about RE1 not having enough enemies are gone, since now I'm forced to knife and shove my way through rooms after all my ammo has run out instead of shooting a lone, unthreatening zombie out of my path every 15 minutes. And I'm barely half an hour into the fucking thing.

The voice acting is terrible and the puzzles are retarded, as is par the course!

The N64 version has also aged surprisingly well! The expansion pak ensures that character models aren't pixelated to shit as they would be on a Pee Ess Single, and it lets me use a control system where I press in the direction I want to go, and then start walking that way. It sort of disorients me when the camera angle changes and I'm pressing the wrong direction, and I also honestly never had a problem with the standard RE controls, but this is a nice option to have!

The zombies reaching through the window to grab me the first time scared the shit out of me. :(