I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Sports & Health (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   2009 NFL Season (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69702700)

Colonel Flagg Aug 3rd, 2009 11:57 PM

2009 NFL Season

It's training camp, I know, but the season is almost upon us....

According to the blogs, Jeremy Maclin finally signed a 5 year deal, so he'll make it to camp only about 8 days late. :\ This completes their rookie signings. Woot.

How are your teams doing with the '09 draft class?

Geggy Aug 4th, 2009 01:22 AM

I don't usually follow nfl during the offseason and I have no idea about the 09 draft players but I'm excited for the patriots now that tom brady is back. I'm also interested in seeing how the cinncinnati bengals will do this year. Cinco or whatever his name is went through transformation and he seems confident (and cocky) that his team will make it to the playoffs. It would be hilarious if the complete opposite has happened.

Pentegarn Aug 4th, 2009 01:38 AM

I am cautiously optimistic about the Browns having a new coach (face it, after Crennel anything would be an improvement)

Colonel Flagg Aug 4th, 2009 05:29 AM

"Romeo is Bleeding" :lol (I kill me.)

Pentegarn Aug 7th, 2009 09:19 AM

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...yhoo&type=lgns

There are no words....

When are they going to outlaw stupidity?

10,000 Volt Ghost Aug 7th, 2009 10:51 AM

:lol What'll be even worse about that is he gets something out of it.

Colonel Flagg Aug 7th, 2009 11:21 PM

Forget making stupidity illegal, it should be effing PAINFUL!

El Blanco Aug 10th, 2009 01:01 PM

Tell Crabtree I am ranking him higher than any other rookie in my fantasy league. That's right, I'm saying he should get #1 over all type money.

Colonel Flagg Aug 10th, 2009 01:09 PM

He's gonna be waiting a loooooong time for that first paycheck, methinks.

Pentegarn Aug 11th, 2009 10:12 AM

God I hope so. Just once, for a change, let's see an overinflated sense of entitlement get punished rather than rewarded.

10,000 Volt Ghost Aug 13th, 2009 03:08 PM

I guess someone spotted Michael Vick at the Buffalo airport heading toward Rochester, NY(Bills training camp)

Colonel Flagg Aug 13th, 2009 03:51 PM

Wouldn't that be something? Vick and TO on the same squad.

The mind reels .... :faint

10,000 Volt Ghost Aug 13th, 2009 05:55 PM

I've been predicting this for some time now. We're going to bust O.J on weekends and bring back Scott Norward. Bad News Bills for the win.

Colonel Flagg Aug 13th, 2009 09:34 PM

Holy fucking shit. Jesus Mary and Joseph. Hell hath done FROZE OVER!!.

MICHAEL VICK IS AN EAGLE!!!!!!!!!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4397938

10,000 Volt Ghost Aug 14th, 2009 10:55 AM

Just read the news. Hopefully he fits in well with the Eagles. Football is going to be mighty entertaining this year.

El Blanco Aug 14th, 2009 12:01 PM

Great. A backup QB that can start playing around week 6.

So, how about a second RB or maybe a veteran wideout, or a little more help for the defense?

Nope.

Pentegarn Aug 14th, 2009 12:11 PM

And the Eagles officially declare (without saying it directly) they plan to run the Wildcat offense :P

Honestly I thought he would play for Minnesota or Green Bay

Pentegarn Aug 14th, 2009 12:12 PM

oops double post sorry

Colonel Flagg Aug 14th, 2009 02:04 PM

Bad press .... here in Philly the ASPCA advocates are spitting nails, and a recent unscientific radio poll indicates that 70% of listeners think this was a bad idea.

Maybe not so much ... now the entire Philadelphia sports world is focused on Vick and the Eagles, where before, Rick Pitino and the Phillies were the hot topics of conversation.

This might be brilliant, in a "reality show" kind of way.

Tadao Aug 14th, 2009 02:15 PM

Shit, I'm happy he got any punishment at all. Sometimes excessive lynching makes the cause look bad.

Colonel Flagg Aug 14th, 2009 03:42 PM

In this singular case, the punishment may have worked. He had everything ... then had it all taken away, (even filing for bankruptcy protection) before the age of 30. So who knows, maybe he'll turn himself around.

We'll see .....

10,000 Volt Ghost Aug 14th, 2009 04:10 PM

Maybe Vick can get a reality tv show on VH1 too. Then him and T.O. can get a power hour. We'll then have to sneak into the back of scenes on each show and it will be "almost" like we actually hung out.

I might need sleep.

MattJack Aug 15th, 2009 06:27 PM

Well Andy Reid already has two sons that are felons, so it makes sense to me in a way.

Pentegarn Aug 15th, 2009 09:23 PM

I wonder what the heck else the people yelling about Vick want.

He served significant time, lost millions of dollars, and more than likely nobody will ever give him an endorsement again. Karma already kicked this guy's ass up one side and down the other and people still feel he is somehow getting over.

I guess they won't be happy unless he is living in a gutter and it is on TV for their amusement.

What he did was horrible, yes. But he was tried, convicted, and served the sentence our justice system set for him. He paid his debt and he owes nothing else. Not to me, not to PETA, not to the ASPCA, not to anyone.

Colonel Flagg Aug 15th, 2009 10:25 PM

My head is with you, PG; my heart is with the animal-lovers. But when football season starts, I'll be cheering for the Eagles like the rest of the marching morons. That's football. :\

BTW, love the new avatar. "Have you tried the new Wiener Pork? It's Super Duty!"

@MJ - Yes, that's my take too - Reid can't afford to split hairs with "character" when he's got some "characters" of his own to deal with.

Tadao Aug 15th, 2009 10:54 PM

Yeah Pent, that's what I mean. I think he got off lighter than I would like, I want to see him get mauled to death by 12 attack dogs, but if we don't accept that he was punished and is now free to start again, then it diminished the fact that we got any recourse at all and people will say "Why bother? The animal rights group will never be satisfied anyways".

Pentegarn Aug 16th, 2009 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tadao (Post 642142)
Yeah Pent, that's what I mean. I think he got off lighter than I would like, I want to see him get mauled to death by 12 attack dogs, but if we don't accept that he was punished and is now free to start again, then it diminished the fact that we got any recourse at all and people will say "Why bother? The animal rights group will never be satisfied anyways".

Too bad more people can't think that rationally Tadeo.

Pentegarn Aug 16th, 2009 08:52 AM

Another argument I am hearing is, "he isn't genuinely sorry. He only regrets what happened because of all that he lost"

Well, yeah. We call that punishment, it's how we teach right from wrong. If the lesson sinks in, who really should care if he is 'genuinely sorry'? As long as he doesn't do it again then mission accomplished. Results are what matters, and in this case the desired results are teaching Vick that animal cruelty is not tolerated. I think he learned this.

Let's put it this way, does anyone complaining know how to go back in time and stop Vick from hurting dogs in the first place? No, you can't change the past you can only change the future.

Colonel Flagg Aug 16th, 2009 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pentegarn (Post 642180)
Another argument I am hearing is, "he isn't genuinely sorry. He only regrets what happened because of all that he lost"

ONYA MATE!

Does anyone really think that ANYONE would be truly sorry for something heinous they had done if they never got caught? This is what "second chances" are about, people! Get over it. He paid his dues, he got conditionally reinstated, the Eagles took a flyer on him (I'm still in shock, I admit it) and he's promised to work with the Humane Society to address the horrible problem we have in Philly with dogfighting.

If he begins to save a few animals from death and destruction, I'm thinking his transformation will be de facto complete.

And the latest poll suggests Philly fans are pretty much split down the middle as to whether this is a good thing for the Eagles. The pendulum is already starting to swing the other way.

El Blanco Aug 16th, 2009 08:58 PM

Thay got him cheap and can experiment with him. It isn't a bad deal. I just don't see too much coming out of it. The Wild Cat was just a gimmick. It's not that its so new and innovative defensive coordinators have no answer. It is more of a case of it being so high school no one at first was prepared for it.

No defense in the NFC East is going to get beat by it.

Colonel Flagg Aug 16th, 2009 09:44 PM

Anything that can give the Eagles a new look from inside the 20 is a good thing. They're PATHETIC in the red zone.

Pentegarn Aug 17th, 2009 12:48 PM

The Wildcat is not unanswerable, I'll grant you that.

But Vick is if nothing else another weapon in the Eagles arsenal. He can catch, he can run, he can throw. You put him in the backfield and the defense has to guess if he will run it, be part of a flea flicker, be a threat as a receiver, or a decoy while someone else becomes open from the eyes on Vick. This move has serious offensive potential for the Eagles. I think it was a shrewed move and worth this temporary PR hit they will take. If it pays off, the PR will cease to matter because everyone forgives a hefty number in the W column.

Colonel Flagg Aug 18th, 2009 10:50 PM

Hey, let's get Michael Vick off the effing front page already!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4406963

Anybody seen WhiteRat? :D

EDIT: Maybe he just likes unretiring? After all, this was posted only about 2 months ago. There's still time to retire, and unretire before the season starts.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pentegarn (Post 634168)
{posted 6-18-09} Pretty much set in stone that Favre is going to the Vikings....

And once again, Pentagarn is right about Brett Favre. Time to bring back the old avatar.

Pentegarn Aug 19th, 2009 08:53 AM

Apparently I am the Favre prognosticator.

For the record, I would rather have x-ray vision, or the ability to fly, heck I would take the lame Wonder Twin power where I can only change to forms of water or I would even rather be The Falcon :P

Colonel Flagg Aug 19th, 2009 02:05 PM

Wonder Twins Powers: ACTIVATE!

Shape of ...... an Ewok!
Form of ...... a Lemon Slushee!

God, but these guys were so gay. And I'm gay for KNOWING about them! :(

Colonel Flagg Aug 19th, 2009 02:08 PM

Seriously, though, where's WhiteRat? Still wearin' those army shoes? :confused

Command Prompt Aug 25th, 2009 01:48 AM

As an Eagles fan, and a dog lover, I am very conflicted about this.

On the one had, its sad to see such a piece of shit once again becoming rich, when he really doesn't give a fuck about what he did

On the other, realistically, I shouldn't give a shit about someone's private life, because it has little to do with football.

I mean, if I cared, thats like caring about Michael Jackson being a pedophile. In theory, I shouldn't give a shit about where the music comes from, just as long as it sounds good.

Pentegarn Aug 25th, 2009 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Command Prompt (Post 643888)
On the one had, its sad to see such a piece of shit once again becoming rich, when he really doesn't give a fuck about what he did

As long as he doesn't do it again, then the punishment did what it was supposed to do.

Thing is, we really don't know what he is thinking. Could be that after hearing from people who were outraged he did come to regret the pain he caused his fans. Just as possible he deep down isn't sorry at all about anything other than he got caught. Only Michael Vick and the Almighty will ever know for sure. What matters at this point is he is donating time and money toward saving animals, and regardless about his true feelings about what he did, this money and time will be effective in helping dogs.

But enough about that, Plaxico Burress says he didn't know he shot himself

http://www.canada.com/Burress+said+d...318/story.html

I have fired a .40 caliber Glock. I can assure you that sound alone will tell you when you fire a Glock, not to mention the kick it has, in addition to the fact that you will notice something when the bullet pierces your skin. Moreover, you have to try to fire a Glock because of the trigger safety, so his claims that he accidentally fired while he was getting it out of his pants is dubious. More likely, he was playing with the gun and it did what guns do to stupid gun owners.

Colonel Flagg Aug 25th, 2009 09:30 PM

If you're really pissed off about Vick's reinstatement, don't get mad at the Eagles; go out and adopt a shelter dog or cat. Put your collective money and time and energy where your mouth is and rail against the abuse of innocent animals with a tangible response rather than empty rhetoric.

Just sayin.

@Pentegarn - You'd think the fact that he could no longer walk would have been a giveaway? :dunce

El Blanco Aug 27th, 2009 12:38 PM

Am I the only one eagerly anticipating Dante Stallworth's return to the league? Will he get the same hoopla as Vick?

Let's be honest, the real reason he went to jail wasn't animal cruelty, it was tax evasion. No one would have heard about this if the IRS got their cut.

WhiteRat Aug 27th, 2009 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colonel Flagg (Post 642893)
Seriously, though, where's WhiteRat? Still wearin' those army shoes? :confused

I'm still around, just haven't really felt like checking out the ol' Mockery site a whole lot these days. I'm also trying to fend off the Favre Mania pandemic here in Minnesota. I've also been spending my time away from the site by gearing up for this brand spankin' new beauty, which I have season tickets for:

It's almost mind-boggling to see and hear the pure Favre ball licking that people are giving him. One of the news stations even did their entire newscast from outside the ToiletDome before the preseason game last week.

I don't think he's going to give us an automatic Super Bowl, as there are just too many questions floating around him. Will his shoulder and or bicep hold up? Can he keep taking hits? Is the drive to win still strong?

I'm happy to have him, if not for the upgrade at the QB position, but for the pants shitting that is going on over in Wisconsin. It's hilarious. They are even talking about donating Favre Packer jerseys to the homeless.

The Lord and Saviour of Sconnie has betrayed them and I'm enjoying every minute of it.

WhiteRat Aug 28th, 2009 12:04 AM

Brandon Marshall is acting much worse than TO ever has. Fuckin' pussy!

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/vide...420/index.html

Colonel Flagg Aug 28th, 2009 06:41 AM

Now whoever said some NFL players were pampered babies who acted petulant and defiant when they didn't get exactly what they wanted?

Oh, wait ...

Pentegarn Aug 28th, 2009 10:58 AM

Too bad for Marshall. A few thoughts regarding him

1) You're stuck in your contract, if you flop in protest, that will be what every team remembers come new contract time.

2) I have heard Marshall threaten to refuse to learn the new offensive system, Big deal, right now Denver's offensive system is for Kyle Orton to throw it to the other team so Marshall doesn't really have anything to remember:lol

WhiteRat Aug 28th, 2009 01:37 PM

I heard today that he got suspended.

Colonel Flagg Aug 28th, 2009 09:56 PM

I hope he goes and does a few pushups in his driveway.

Pentegarn Aug 29th, 2009 06:52 PM

I watched the Pats and the Skins play last night pre season, was a pretty good game. Or I really missed football and anything is good to me that is football right now.

Pentegarn Aug 29th, 2009 09:04 PM

Can we please do something about this spammer?

Colonel Flagg Aug 29th, 2009 09:51 PM

It won't last long .... I hope.

adooo Aug 30th, 2009 01:28 PM

:pwho here thinks brett favre should play, i think he should just retire

WhiteRat Sep 1st, 2009 12:03 PM

I was very impressed with Favre last night but not so impressed at the staff for splitting him wide and using him as a blocker. Dude is 40, has a bad shoulder and a possible cracked rib, and he's out throwing blocks? C'mon Chilly, get yo mind right.

Colonel Flagg Sep 1st, 2009 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteRat (Post 645162)
I was very impressed with Favre last night but not so impressed at the staff for splitting him wide and using him as a blocker. Dude is 40, has a bad shoulder and a possible cracked rib, and he's out throwing blocks? C'mon Chilly, get yo mind right.

Maybe so, but check out the post-game report on ESPN:

Quote:

Originally Posted by ESPN
[Favre] drew a penalty for an illegal crackback block to the knee of Houston's Eugene Wilson when he lined up wide in the wildcat formation in the third quarter. Wilson was injured on the play, but said he'll be OK.

Favre said he wasn't out to hurt anyone and was simply trying to protect rookie Percy Harvin, who took the snap.

"I will be 40 years old in October and [was] weed-eating 13 days ago," Favre said. "I wasn't thinking about throwing blocks."

Wilson said he hadn't spoken to Favre, but if he did he would ask him one thing.

"What was up with that?" Wilson said. "Seriously, what was up with that?"

Looks like the old guy still has it left in him. And, personally, I agree with Eugene - What the HELL was up with that, anyway? Drawing a penalty on an illegal block in pre-season? Methinks Mr. Favre is issuing a not-so-subtle statement to the rest of the league.

WhiteRat Sep 2nd, 2009 11:42 AM

I really doubt that a 40 year old favre is going to be deliberately throwing illegal blocks that could possibly injure someone. He basically said during the post game interview that he had to do something on the play and just hurled his body without really thinking.

Colonel Flagg Sep 2nd, 2009 04:42 PM

Maybe. At least the coming season in Minnesota will be an interesting one to watch. Especially when they play Green Bay. :)

Pentegarn Sep 2nd, 2009 10:04 PM

I think that whole division will be the greatest spectacle to watch this year. You have the Vikings who are so close they can taste it. Will Favre be the x factor that finally gets Minnesota the elusive Super Bowl? You have the Packers, with Aaron Rodgers who may not be saying it, but definitely wants a piece of Favre in regular season play. It will be the Super Bowl of hate when Minnesota plays Green Bay. And let's not forget the Bears, who are suddenly relevant again thanks largely to the new QB with a purpose, Cutler. Even the Lions, with their new QB and a running back who is promising a playoff appearance this year are now on my radar. It's all happening in the NFC North this year it seems.

MattJack Sep 2nd, 2009 10:32 PM

I don't know if this has been said yet, but I'll give it a go anyway.

FUCK BRETT FARVE

There I said it.

10,000 Volt Ghost Sep 3rd, 2009 11:24 AM

I was thinking about getting a Scott Norwood jersey for this year.

Colonel Flagg Sep 3rd, 2009 01:55 PM

:lol

Colonel Flagg Sep 3rd, 2009 08:50 PM

So, Mikey gets 2 weeks suspension. :wristslap

Your thoughts?

Kitsa Sep 8th, 2009 02:09 PM

I love The Onion so very much.

El Blanco Sep 11th, 2009 11:59 AM

I don't know if anyone noticed, but the regular season started last night.

I heard Mike and Mike on the radio this morning heaping praise on Big Ben for his two minute drill to help the Steelers and how he is "the best 4th quarter quarterback in the league".

Isn't that kind of a backhanded compliment though? I mean, if hadn't thrown two interceptions, underthrown his receivers several other times and forced the defense shut down the Titans, he wouldn't need that 2 minute drill.

Colonel Flagg Sep 11th, 2009 12:54 PM

I love that comment "the best 4th quarter quarterback in football". What, you mean he sucks in the first three quarters? Yep, pretty much.

But he got the win, and in the end, that's all that counts.

WhiteRat Sep 11th, 2009 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colonel Flagg (Post 647511)
I love that comment "the best 4th quarter quarterback in football". What, you mean he sucks in the first three quarters? Yep, pretty much.

I see it as when the game is on the line and time is running out (4th quarter, get it?) he steps up and delivers, regardless of what happened the previous 3 quarters.

Pentegarn Sep 11th, 2009 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colonel Flagg (Post 647511)

That was the consensus on the radio today that I heard

10,000 Volt Ghost Sep 13th, 2009 12:13 PM

Not looking forward to the Monday night game coming up. :(

El Blanco Sep 13th, 2009 12:35 PM

Hey, maybe Big Ben is the next Tommy Maddox! Remmeber him and his distinguished career? He did win a championship.

WhiteRat Sep 14th, 2009 05:27 PM

Adrian Peterson is an absolute monster.

That is all.

Kitsa Sep 14th, 2009 06:24 PM

The Green Bay game was funny as hell.

"Did I really see that?"

"I am dumbfounded."

"Lovie's thrown the challenge flag..." "Maybe on his own call."

10,000 Volt Ghost Sep 15th, 2009 01:09 AM

I really thought the Bills would win tonight. At least the game was entertaining.

Colonel Flagg Sep 15th, 2009 05:31 AM

And Jeff Garcia has a job.

Can you say "Quarterback Controversy"? I guess AR really wants the ring this time, whatever the cost.

About God Damned Time, too.

El Blanco Sep 15th, 2009 01:21 PM

So, his answer to winning a championship is signing Jeff Garcia? well, it is Andy Reid. This is the guy that calls 40 passing plays a game and ignores the fact he has one of the best tailbacks in the league.

Colonel Flagg Sep 15th, 2009 04:20 PM

He actually ran the ball more than he passed it against Carolina, but as Carolina played like a High School JV Squad, I'm guessing this isn't a good barometer. Let's see what happens against Brees and the Saints.

WhiteRat Sep 15th, 2009 05:36 PM

The plan for McNabb to end up in Minnesota next year is falling into place.

Colonel Flagg Sep 15th, 2009 10:06 PM

And the latest in the Philadelphia soap opera .... Shawn Andrews, placed on IR.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4474988

He tweeted that he was "grateful to 'Big Red' for 'believing in me' and that he thought of him as the 'father figure [he] never had' and 'I love you, man'".

WTF.

The only reason he's happy is that he doesn't have to play football, and that he doesn't have to come up with any lame-ass excuses for the rest of the season. Dick.

Go back to making nonsensical rap videos, Shawn.

Pentegarn Sep 16th, 2009 09:12 PM

Looks like we found something Eagle fan probably won't do Colonel

http://www.nationalpost.com/sports/s...tml?id=1998177

So Eagle Fan has that, which is nice :P

Colonel Flagg Sep 16th, 2009 09:27 PM

I saw this. I mean, yeah, he probably should have just taken a knee and let the offense take three runs and kick, but geez, that's harsh. :(

10K, you have any local spin on this incident?

10,000 Volt Ghost Sep 17th, 2009 06:09 PM

Actually yeah. I'm really proud to be where I'm from. Everyone acts like its a small town but actually its a decent sized city. Between 500,000 people there are only like 2-3 degrees of separation here.

I personally think he should have taken a knee but hindsight is always 20/20. McKelvin normally is really responsible with ballhandling but he really didn't deserve what happened to his lawn. They were able to find the kids:

http://www.wgrz.com/news/local/story...70327&catid=37

Both under the age of 18.

I've noticed we really do have some of the worst fans though. When our coach was Malarchuk a few years ago he actually left because people were calling and sending mail to his house saying they were going to kill/injure him and his family because of bad play calling. :(

Colonel Flagg Sep 17th, 2009 10:09 PM

How lucky is Hank Baskett?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4480266

Never mind about his personal life (Kendra's stud-muffin) - he gets cut by the Eagles only to get signed by historically one of the most potent passing offenses in the NFL.

10,000 Volt Ghost Sep 20th, 2009 10:39 AM

GO BILLS!

Colonel Flagg Sep 20th, 2009 07:06 PM

The Wildcat Formation don't mean squat if your not so special teams (or "Special" teams) make as many mistakes as the Eagles did against the Saints.

It looked good for Philly after one half, and then they had to come back out to play the rest of the game. Yuck. >:

Colonel Flagg Sep 21st, 2009 11:25 AM

Michael Crabtree's head continues to grow uncontrollably. Regrettably the condition seems to be irreversible.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4491142

El Blanco Sep 21st, 2009 06:40 PM

Someone needs to get some facts through his head:

1) Sitting out a year will not help his rating, even if he blows up in the combine. Ask Maurice Clarrette

2) There will be at least 4 other highly rated wideouts in next year's draft. They all will have been playing and none will have the stigma.

3) Next year will have a rookie salary cap

4) Most teams generally don't have "draft rusty, egotistical, inexperienced, high maintenance wide receiver" at the top of their to do list

Colonel Flagg Sep 21st, 2009 09:39 PM

I want him to sit out the year. Teach all these egomaniacs a lesson in humility.

Pentegarn Sep 22nd, 2009 05:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Blanco (Post 649382)
4) Most teams generally don't have "draft rusty, egotistical, inexperienced, high maintenance wide receiver" at the top of their to do list

I must say, I am jealous I didn't think to say this first, good one El Blanco :lol

MattJack Sep 22nd, 2009 05:53 PM

Drew.Mother.Fu*king.Brees.

That is all.

Pentegarn Sep 23rd, 2009 05:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattJack (Post 649579)
Drew.Mother.Fu*king.Brees.

That is all.

Drew Brees is a freaking beast.

I have said as much since his days at Purdue.

El Blanco Sep 23rd, 2009 08:03 AM

I had both him and Philip Rivers on my fantasy team last year.

Then, everyone else got on the band wagon and I'm stuck with Kurt Warner this year in my money league.

Colonel Flagg Sep 23rd, 2009 10:20 AM

That sucks :( Warner would have been a good pick about 2-3 seasons ago.

Pentegarn Sep 23rd, 2009 09:16 PM

I know Ocho Cinco isn't everyones favorite, but his antics amuse me

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...urn=nfl,191579

Colonel Flagg Sep 24th, 2009 04:54 AM

This almost beats TO and the pom-poms. And unlike TO (sharpie) and Horn (can you hear me now) this stunt isn't fine-worthy.

Pentegarn Sep 24th, 2009 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colonel Flagg (Post 649916)

This almost beats TO and the pom-poms. And unlike TO (sharpie) and Horn (can you hear me now) this stunt isn't fine-worthy.

That's what I like about Ocho Cinco, his antics are amusing, and usually not in violation of the rules. Sure he talks... a lot... but he almost always makes me laugh with his smack talk and on field antics.

El Blanco Sep 25th, 2009 10:30 AM

I'm still waiting for him to bring Icky Woods in for an endzone dance.

I can actually forgive TO for the Sharpie thing. The ball he autographed went to his friend in Seattle that runs charity auctions. That was the guy he handed the ball to.

I'm just upset the NFL banned players from using social networks (Twitter, Facebook etc etc) during the game

Pentegarn Sep 26th, 2009 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Blanco (Post 650222)
I can actually forgive TO for the Sharpie thing. The ball he autographed went to his friend in Seattle that runs charity auctions. That was the guy he handed the ball to.

Ah yes, the "Sign o' trouble" :lol

I gave TO a pass on that too I admit, in fact I laughed like an idiot for a week when he did it. He just gets way too pouty way too easily and that is when I get sick of him (it would help though if he could keep the sort of on field antics pace of a "sign o' trouble", but he never did anything near as funny after that)

El Blanco Sep 27th, 2009 10:30 AM

How do you top it?

Babs Oct 2nd, 2009 02:39 AM

So since the Bengals got the best of the Steelers I'm ready for them to wipe the shit out of the Browns and leave no streaks.

Pentegarn Oct 2nd, 2009 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Blanco (Post 650470)
How do you top it?

TO couldn't, and therein lies his problem and why he never went on to be a master of antics. Too good too fast, then the cell phone call followup was just weak.

Colonel Flagg Oct 4th, 2009 10:08 PM

And the Bronc's pull off the last-second victory, to go 4-0.

Yo. Jerry. How did that taste? :x

El Blanco Oct 4th, 2009 10:50 PM

Who is the Cowboys' back up?

Colonel Flagg Oct 4th, 2009 11:03 PM

QB? Gotta be Jon Kitna - I can't believe they'd have the rookie as their #2. You think Jerry is going to pull Romo's plug?

Colonel Flagg Oct 4th, 2009 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BABALITY PANCAKES (Post 651287)
So since the Bengals got the best of the Steelers I'm ready for them to wipe the shit out of the Browns and leave no streaks.

Can't say that a 3 point OT win is "wiping the s**t out of the Browns" but I'm sure you'll take it. :\