I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Sports & Health (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   2009 NFL Season (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69702700)

WhiteRat Sep 1st, 2009 12:03 PM

I was very impressed with Favre last night but not so impressed at the staff for splitting him wide and using him as a blocker. Dude is 40, has a bad shoulder and a possible cracked rib, and he's out throwing blocks? C'mon Chilly, get yo mind right.

Colonel Flagg Sep 1st, 2009 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteRat (Post 645162)
I was very impressed with Favre last night but not so impressed at the staff for splitting him wide and using him as a blocker. Dude is 40, has a bad shoulder and a possible cracked rib, and he's out throwing blocks? C'mon Chilly, get yo mind right.

Maybe so, but check out the post-game report on ESPN:

Quote:

Originally Posted by ESPN
[Favre] drew a penalty for an illegal crackback block to the knee of Houston's Eugene Wilson when he lined up wide in the wildcat formation in the third quarter. Wilson was injured on the play, but said he'll be OK.

Favre said he wasn't out to hurt anyone and was simply trying to protect rookie Percy Harvin, who took the snap.

"I will be 40 years old in October and [was] weed-eating 13 days ago," Favre said. "I wasn't thinking about throwing blocks."

Wilson said he hadn't spoken to Favre, but if he did he would ask him one thing.

"What was up with that?" Wilson said. "Seriously, what was up with that?"

Looks like the old guy still has it left in him. And, personally, I agree with Eugene - What the HELL was up with that, anyway? Drawing a penalty on an illegal block in pre-season? Methinks Mr. Favre is issuing a not-so-subtle statement to the rest of the league.

WhiteRat Sep 2nd, 2009 11:42 AM

I really doubt that a 40 year old favre is going to be deliberately throwing illegal blocks that could possibly injure someone. He basically said during the post game interview that he had to do something on the play and just hurled his body without really thinking.

Colonel Flagg Sep 2nd, 2009 04:42 PM

Maybe. At least the coming season in Minnesota will be an interesting one to watch. Especially when they play Green Bay. :)

Pentegarn Sep 2nd, 2009 10:04 PM

I think that whole division will be the greatest spectacle to watch this year. You have the Vikings who are so close they can taste it. Will Favre be the x factor that finally gets Minnesota the elusive Super Bowl? You have the Packers, with Aaron Rodgers who may not be saying it, but definitely wants a piece of Favre in regular season play. It will be the Super Bowl of hate when Minnesota plays Green Bay. And let's not forget the Bears, who are suddenly relevant again thanks largely to the new QB with a purpose, Cutler. Even the Lions, with their new QB and a running back who is promising a playoff appearance this year are now on my radar. It's all happening in the NFC North this year it seems.

MattJack Sep 2nd, 2009 10:32 PM

I don't know if this has been said yet, but I'll give it a go anyway.

FUCK BRETT FARVE

There I said it.

10,000 Volt Ghost Sep 3rd, 2009 11:24 AM

I was thinking about getting a Scott Norwood jersey for this year.

Colonel Flagg Sep 3rd, 2009 01:55 PM

:lol

Colonel Flagg Sep 3rd, 2009 08:50 PM

So, Mikey gets 2 weeks suspension. :wristslap

Your thoughts?

Kitsa Sep 8th, 2009 02:09 PM

I love The Onion so very much.

El Blanco Sep 11th, 2009 11:59 AM

I don't know if anyone noticed, but the regular season started last night.

I heard Mike and Mike on the radio this morning heaping praise on Big Ben for his two minute drill to help the Steelers and how he is "the best 4th quarter quarterback in the league".

Isn't that kind of a backhanded compliment though? I mean, if hadn't thrown two interceptions, underthrown his receivers several other times and forced the defense shut down the Titans, he wouldn't need that 2 minute drill.

Colonel Flagg Sep 11th, 2009 12:54 PM

I love that comment "the best 4th quarter quarterback in football". What, you mean he sucks in the first three quarters? Yep, pretty much.

But he got the win, and in the end, that's all that counts.

WhiteRat Sep 11th, 2009 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colonel Flagg (Post 647511)
I love that comment "the best 4th quarter quarterback in football". What, you mean he sucks in the first three quarters? Yep, pretty much.

I see it as when the game is on the line and time is running out (4th quarter, get it?) he steps up and delivers, regardless of what happened the previous 3 quarters.

Pentegarn Sep 11th, 2009 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colonel Flagg (Post 647511)

That was the consensus on the radio today that I heard

10,000 Volt Ghost Sep 13th, 2009 12:13 PM

Not looking forward to the Monday night game coming up. :(

El Blanco Sep 13th, 2009 12:35 PM

Hey, maybe Big Ben is the next Tommy Maddox! Remmeber him and his distinguished career? He did win a championship.

WhiteRat Sep 14th, 2009 05:27 PM

Adrian Peterson is an absolute monster.

That is all.

Kitsa Sep 14th, 2009 06:24 PM

The Green Bay game was funny as hell.

"Did I really see that?"

"I am dumbfounded."

"Lovie's thrown the challenge flag..." "Maybe on his own call."

10,000 Volt Ghost Sep 15th, 2009 01:09 AM

I really thought the Bills would win tonight. At least the game was entertaining.

Colonel Flagg Sep 15th, 2009 05:31 AM

And Jeff Garcia has a job.

Can you say "Quarterback Controversy"? I guess AR really wants the ring this time, whatever the cost.

About God Damned Time, too.

El Blanco Sep 15th, 2009 01:21 PM

So, his answer to winning a championship is signing Jeff Garcia? well, it is Andy Reid. This is the guy that calls 40 passing plays a game and ignores the fact he has one of the best tailbacks in the league.

Colonel Flagg Sep 15th, 2009 04:20 PM

He actually ran the ball more than he passed it against Carolina, but as Carolina played like a High School JV Squad, I'm guessing this isn't a good barometer. Let's see what happens against Brees and the Saints.

WhiteRat Sep 15th, 2009 05:36 PM

The plan for McNabb to end up in Minnesota next year is falling into place.

Colonel Flagg Sep 15th, 2009 10:06 PM

And the latest in the Philadelphia soap opera .... Shawn Andrews, placed on IR.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4474988

He tweeted that he was "grateful to 'Big Red' for 'believing in me' and that he thought of him as the 'father figure [he] never had' and 'I love you, man'".

WTF.

The only reason he's happy is that he doesn't have to play football, and that he doesn't have to come up with any lame-ass excuses for the rest of the season. Dick.

Go back to making nonsensical rap videos, Shawn.

Pentegarn Sep 16th, 2009 09:12 PM

Looks like we found something Eagle fan probably won't do Colonel

http://www.nationalpost.com/sports/s...tml?id=1998177

So Eagle Fan has that, which is nice :P