I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   CELEBRITIES YOU'D MOST LIKE TO BE FRIENDS WITH (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69703812)

Fathom Zero Dec 16th, 2009 06:44 PM

CELEBRITIES YOU'D MOST LIKE TO BE FRIENDS WITH

MISSY ELLIOTT

or Lou Reed. Or Roger Barr. ;)

elx Dec 16th, 2009 06:52 PM

gwen stefani, man. :(

The Leader Dec 16th, 2009 07:02 PM

:tear

Mockery Dec 16th, 2009 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathom Zero (Post 663371)
or Lou Reed. Or Roger Barr. ;)

I don't think I qualify as a real celebrity. The paparazzi haven't taken any photos of me getting out of my car without any underwear on yet. Gotta cross that threshold first before you're inducted into the celebriclub :( And pretty much anybody can meet me if they go to the San Diego Comic-Con any given year or come to a live screening of Doc Mock's Movie Mausoleum at our studio in LA.

As for who I'd like to meet and/or be friends with, here are a few off the top o' my head...

1) Weird Al Yankovic
2) Amy Sedaris
3) David Cross
4) Les Claypool
5) Rowdy Roddy Piper
6) Elvira
7) Conan O'Brien

Zomboid Dec 16th, 2009 07:19 PM

Weird Al's not a celebrity either. Either Amy or David Sedaris would probably be fun to meet, though. Likewise for David Cross and Roddy Piper.

That reminds me: meeting John Carpenter, Kurt Russel, Keith David, or Ron Perlman would be awesome.

executioneer Dec 16th, 2009 07:20 PM

nick frost seems like he'd be a riot to be buds with

Babs Dec 16th, 2009 07:56 PM

Tim Heidecker and Eric Wareheim

Evil Robot Dec 16th, 2009 08:00 PM

The guy who plays John Locke on lost. He is a pothead and could teach me to throw knives at other celebrities.

Evil Robot Dec 16th, 2009 08:02 PM

And this guy because he is deceitful.

Supafly345 Dec 16th, 2009 08:20 PM

Patton Oswalt, just seems like the kind of guy I've love to hang out with.

10,000 Volt Ghost Dec 16th, 2009 09:42 PM

Dr. Boogie Dec 16th, 2009 09:47 PM

Kevin Smith. He seems like a fun guy.

And I'll second Dave Chappelle.

Babs Dec 16th, 2009 10:09 PM

Dave and I are already friends. Time to time I go to yellowsprings and hang out with him at the jazz festival.

edit: If you don't believe me, check out Chappelle's movie Bloc Party and you'll see me in there.

ItalianStereotype Dec 16th, 2009 10:54 PM

I've hung out with Ghostland Observatory before, but I had no idea who they were then.

Sam Dec 16th, 2009 11:44 PM

I have no idea who they are now.

Zomboid Dec 17th, 2009 12:02 AM

I hang out with local celebrities sometimes :(

10,000 Volt Ghost Dec 17th, 2009 02:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BABALITY PANCAKES (Post 663417)
Dave and I are already friends. Time to time I go to yellowsprings and hang out with him at the jazz festival.

edit: If you don't believe me, check out Chappelle's movie Bloc Party and you'll see me in there.

My friend has had coffee with him before and skateboarded for a bit. I forget what part of OH he lives in though. Not too far of a trek from here though.

ChrisGlass Dec 17th, 2009 04:10 AM

Harland Williams. He just seems like we'd go get unhealthy fucking food and stay up until 5 am watching informercials.

Pentegarn Dec 17th, 2009 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mockery (Post 663376)
I don't think I qualify as a real celebrity. The paparazzi haven't taken any photos of me getting out of my car without any underwear on yet. Gotta cross that threshold first before you're inducted into the celebriclub :( And pretty much anybody can meet me if they go to the San Diego Comic-Con any given year or come to a live screening of Doc Mock's Movie Mausoleum at our studio in LA.

As for who I'd like to meet and/or be friends with, here are a few off the top o' my head...

1) Weird Al Yankovic
2) Amy Sedaris
3) David Cross
4) Les Claypool
5) Rowdy Roddy Piper
6) Elvira
7) Conan O'Brien

-RoG-, I am not sure if you are familiar with Jimmy Pardo's Never not Funny Podcast, but he had Conan O'Brian on it last week and it was freaking hilarious. If you don't listen to it, I recommend you give that one a listen. You can buy the individual episodes on the Never not Funny site. (Jimmy Pardo is a stand up comedian who does warm up for the Tonight Show)

Also, I think you confused celebrity with celebretard in your pictures without underwear reference :P

On topic, I decided long ago that meeting celebrities I admire would likely lead to disappointment, so I think it best to just admire the few I do from afar. So in the end that would really hinder chances at any friendship :lol

Fathom Zero Dec 17th, 2009 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pentegarn (Post 663482)
On topic, I decided long ago that meeting celebrities I admire would likely lead to disappointment, so I think it best to just admire the few I do from afar. So in the end that would really hinder chances at any friendship :lol

That's what I'm talking about. I mean, I wouldn't like to be friends with Sylvester Stallone or Jesus or something. I don't think I could be friends with Bill Murray. I'm talking about people you think you could really be friends with.

Womti Dec 17th, 2009 07:57 PM

Katy Perry and Lady Sovereign. Just because I want to f**k the shit out of both of them.

Fathom Zero Dec 17th, 2009 08:12 PM

That's not what this thread is about.

The Leader Dec 17th, 2009 08:58 PM

I don't think he has very many friends so it's understandable why he's so confused, Fathom.

Dixie Dec 17th, 2009 11:43 PM

telly savalas and george hamilton

stevetothepast Dec 18th, 2009 12:26 PM

I would agree with Dave chappelle.