I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Forum Events (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   THE "DESIGN A WACKO-SAURS CARD" CONTEST! (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23860)

Mockery Feb 8th, 2007 02:27 AM

THE "DESIGN A WACKO-SAURS CARD" CONTEST!

I-Mockery's latest contest is tied in with my latest feature piece which pays tribute to the absolute worst (in a "so bad it's awesome" kind of way) non-sports trading card set ever created: Wacko-Saurs! If you haven't already, you can read the full article and see all of the original cards here:
http://www.i-mockery.com/minimocks/wacko-saurs/

For this contest on our forums, you must design your own Wacko-Saurs cards. All you need to do is find a picture of a dinosaur somewhere on the web, Photoshop (or MS Paint) some wacky things onto it and then give it a wacky name just like you'd see on a real Wacko-Saurs card! After that, you need to register an account on these forums (if you don't already have one) and post your card design(s) in this thread. Once the contest is over, myself and the other staff members will vote on the entries! First place winner will receive a brand new FULL BOX of Wacko-Saurs cards! Second and Third place winners will each receive a new pack of Wacko-Saurs cards. Entries will be judged on humor. Whether you win or not, your entries will be put on display for everybody to enjoy, so by all means, please enter as many wacky cards as you like, you wackos! Good luck and may the wackiest people win!

This contest ends 3/10/07.

Grislygus Feb 8th, 2007 01:25 PM

Wiffle Bat Feb 8th, 2007 09:40 PM

bigtimecow Feb 8th, 2007 10:09 PM

cats4fun Feb 9th, 2007 04:45 PM

This probably won't count but i thought i might as well give it a go.

Goat Cheese Feb 10th, 2007 10:46 PM

COMEDY GOLD

Pojo chicken Feb 13th, 2007 01:50 PM

Im really not expecting to win but I had fun making this anyway.

Blue Fox Feb 13th, 2007 02:45 PM

enjoy my crappy computer's capabilities!

Grislygus Feb 13th, 2007 03:37 PM

Regulars need to get off their asses and make an entry.

At the very least, you can all beat that. MAKE SOMETHING.

Blue Fox Feb 13th, 2007 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grislygus (Post 470861)
Regulars need to get off their asses and make an entry.

At the very least, you can all beat that. MAKE SOMETHING.

I don't kno what ur talking about, so far, this is the one i'd vote for!
It's hugging a cat:lol

FartinMowler Feb 15th, 2007 02:34 PM

jared Feb 16th, 2007 07:47 PM

Commentary: This is like an onion, layered as it is with additional meanings. Japan is known by many as the land of the wacky, and this card taps into that by refering to the country and its popular art, the anime. Deploying several anime tropes to create a subtle texture of wackiness, this card depicts Otto, an ankylosaur who is both a kung-fu master and a virgin, suddenly overcome with the urge to tentacle-rape a screaming woman-beast. Meanwhile, the spaceship blasts through the fabric of timespace to unleash robot bears, dedicated to stopping ankylosaur-induced tentacle-rapes. (Fun Fact: 100% of all the world's tentacle rapes occur in Japan.) One bear is dressed as batman, which is an allusion to the development of American proto-wackiness. This fusion of east and west, future (robots) and past (dinosaurs) draws in the dialectic doctrine of Hegel, and thus links all to the thematic exploration into the nature of wackiness itself.

liquidstatik Feb 16th, 2007 07:50 PM

i don't get it ;o

liquidstatik Feb 16th, 2007 07:51 PM

it looks cool, though

Eidako Feb 17th, 2007 10:07 AM

I didn't make this, but I found it while exploring my junk folders and it struck me as topical...

Goat Cheese Feb 17th, 2007 09:16 PM

Mockery Feb 19th, 2007 06:18 PM

This is the best contest ever. More of you lazy mofos need to submit Wacko-Saurs, damnit.

jared Feb 19th, 2007 08:48 PM

The Brontosaurus' Wacky Dream:
"And Jungian Iago, bowing his coxcombed head, did say, 'What be the nature of wackiness, and how mayst I conceive thereof?' And the God of Wackiness spake from the giant pink squid being whipped by a Counselor Troi action figure, 'I am to thee nearer than the beat of thy reptilian heart.' Wherefore did the pyjamaed elephant cheer and the cakeman gaze on in wonderment--for the commandments of wack were thenceforth transferred unto living things."

This is an archetypal representation of the dinosaur's subconscious' apprehension of the form of the Wacky, which must be analyzed if our quest of understanding is to be complete.

camacazio Feb 20th, 2007 01:53 AM

Emmis Paynt wins.

MrAdventure Feb 20th, 2007 02:47 PM

okaty maybe it's not by the rules specifically but i just had to make it!

Womti Feb 20th, 2007 06:45 PM

MENACE 2 SOCIETY

jared Feb 20th, 2007 08:22 PM

Note for cultural philistines: This is Gone With the Wind--with dinosaurs!

Pep Feb 22nd, 2007 11:55 AM

Here we go. WACKY.

bigtimecow Feb 22nd, 2007 11:37 PM

lol
lol

GADZOOKS Feb 23rd, 2007 05:37 AM

You forgot a picklehat, bigtimecow :rolleyes