I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   I-Mockery Needs Volunteer Weeklies Writers for Halloween Season! (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69704969)

Mockery Aug 29th, 2010 04:13 PM

I-Mockery Needs Volunteer Weeklies Writers for Halloween Season!

Once again, we're looking to bring in some volunteers to help out with the Weeklies ( http://www.i-mockery.com/weeklies ) section of the site each week. This time it's for the next two months during our big Halloween season. All reviews would have to be related to Halloween / Horror in some way. You can review horror movies, horror games, creepy comics, and Halloween albums - we just need to be able to tie it in with the general theme of the season.

We're looking for additional writers to cover those extra Weekly spots. You'll get to see your work featured on the homepage of I-Mockery and receive feedback from bajillions (ie: tens) of fans! Once the Halloween season is all done, we may even send you some free merchandise as an extra thank you for helping us out.

Weeklies are usually 3 - 6 paragraphs in length and shouldn't take you too long to write, so once assigned, we'd expect you to be able to turn onein within 24 hours or so. If you're interested, please reply to this thread (no PMs please) and we'll be in touch real soon. Please mention what categories you would like to write in most (video games, movies, comics, music).

Thanks to all of you who offer to help out during our annual Two Months of Halloween! :picklehat

Fathom Zero Aug 29th, 2010 04:51 PM

Oh man, lemme think about this. I totally have a couple games in mind.

PS you should totally be Stu Benedict this Halloween if you haven't yet. I was watching my Pete & Pete DVDs the other night. The resemblance is uncanny, dude.

The Leader Aug 29th, 2010 05:10 PM

I can do comics or movies. :(

Kitsa Aug 29th, 2010 05:53 PM

If you need any reviews of weird and unique halloween places like Foy's, I'd be glad to do that. I need an excuse to get back there.

Zomboid Aug 29th, 2010 08:34 PM

I can do it for pretty much anything but music.

King Hadas Aug 29th, 2010 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mockery (Post 696663)
If you're interested, please reply to this thread (no PMs please) and we'll be in touch real soon.

Is this how you did it last time? And when you say you'll get in touch do you mean by E-mail or PM?

I can write video game reviews.

darkvare Aug 29th, 2010 11:44 PM

can i do a picture gallery of the market that blocks streets near my house like you do with thosse places?

Mockery Aug 30th, 2010 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathom Zero (Post 696665)

PS you should totally be Stu Benedict this Halloween if you haven't yet. I was watching my Pete & Pete DVDs the other night. The resemblance is uncanny, dude.

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Leader (Post 696666)
I can do comics or movies. :(

Cool, just sent you a PM. Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitsa (Post 696667)
If you need any reviews of weird and unique halloween places like Foy's, I'd be glad to do that. I need an excuse to get back there.

Looking for volunteers to do reviews for the Weeklies section, but I did enjoy those photos you took of Foy's 'n what not, so I may be able to make a blog post about 'em. Send me a PM with some details about the places you're thinking of. Thankee!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zomboid (Post 696679)
I can do it for pretty much anything but music.

Not a problem, 3 out of 4 categories is aok. Just sent you a PM man.

Quote:

Originally Posted by King Hadas (Post 696683)
Is this how you did it last time? And when you say you'll get in touch do you mean by E-mail or PM? I can write video game reviews.

Yep, same as last time. Just sent you a PM with the details. Basically need 'em by Tuesday at the latest since I'm starting up Halloween season at the start o' September as always.

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkvare (Post 696684)
can i do a picture gallery of the market that blocks streets near my house like you do with those places?

As I told Kitsa, I'm looking for volunteers to do reviews for the Weeklies section. That aside, send me a PM with some details on this market you're talking about and I may be able to do a blog post about it in the coming months if it's something Halloween related.

Grislygus Aug 30th, 2010 02:08 AM

I'm all about obscure horror shit, I could do several reviews for anything except comics

Mockery Aug 30th, 2010 05:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathom Zero (Post 696665)

Lemme know if you wanna do some Halloween game reviews and I'll PM you the info. As for Stu Benedict, not a bad costume idea at all, but without a school bus to drive it just wouldn't feel complete. Still not sure what I feel like dressing as yet this year, but I may end up wanting to make something. It really just depends on how much free time I have in the coming months.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grislygus (Post 696688)
I'm all about obscure horror shit, I could do several reviews for anything except comics

Glad to hear it man, just sent ya a PM. Thankee!

10,000 Volt Ghost Aug 30th, 2010 09:56 AM

I'd like to write about movies. Maybe music.

Tanuki Aug 30th, 2010 10:52 AM

Comics, games, movies. Preferably games or comics, since I typically don't have the attention span to watch a whole movie and just sit there.

BatmanJohnson Aug 31st, 2010 11:30 AM

Comics movies please! Games if need be.

Pentegarn Aug 31st, 2010 06:16 PM

What happened to us just doing weeklies in general?

Kitsa Aug 31st, 2010 06:58 PM

Also, I'm big into J-horror so any of those (like the Sick Nurses one I did years ago, that could be cleaned up) I could do. I have an exhaustive familiarity with the Ju-on series.

Mockery Sep 1st, 2010 12:14 AM

Thanks for volunteering guys! Filled all the slots for this week, but I'll be sending PMs the rest of you who volunteered about doing Weeklies in subsequent weeks, so if you're interested in writing, make sure you speak up in this thread.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pentegarn (Post 696816)
What happened to us just doing weeklies in general?

I got real busy honestly and let them slide a bit in recent months. With Max all but gone and Proto hardly being around, that left two or more open slots every week. No excuse though, I definitely should've filled those slots with volunteers, but other site work and distractions got in my way. Hopefully we can get a regular schedule of volunteers doing them again so we have new ones every week from now on, even after Halloween season.

Durin Sep 1st, 2010 01:03 AM

If Castlevania games are appropriate enough for the season, I could do a weekly review on some of them (I know Protoclown gave a review of the original, but maybe I could do maybe one of the DS/GBA ones. Or the second game in the series.

Sadly that's the only gaming thing that I feel is Halloweenish/horrifying enough as far as video games go that I also feel I could do a good job on. (And as far as board games go, I'd be happy to give a decent review for Arkham Horror, but I'm pretty sure this is video game exclusive here).

Edit: Post Halloween if you still need volunteers for games I could do that.

I wouldn't be able to do comics or music, and I've only seen a few Halloween/horror movies (but I do enjoy them, just don't own them). Sorry about the small number of things I could write about, but thankee for looking at this.

Supafly345 Sep 1st, 2010 03:57 AM

Do we get paid?

Mockery Sep 1st, 2010 05:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Durin413 (Post 696836)
If Castlevania games are appropriate enough for the season, I could do a weekly review on some of them (I know Protoclown gave a review of the original, but maybe I could do maybe one of the DS/GBA ones. Or the second game in the series..

Yeah, Castlevania games are always aok to review as long as it's one that hasn't already been covered. I'll get in touch with ya sometime in the next month or two about reviewing one I'm sure.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supafly345 (Post 696842)
Do we get paid?

Nope, it's simply a volunteer thing.

Pentegarn Sep 1st, 2010 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mockery (Post 696831)
I got real busy honestly and let them slide a bit in recent months. With Max all but gone and Proto hardly being around, that left two or more open slots every week. No excuse though, I definitely should've filled those slots with volunteers, but other site work and distractions got in my way. Hopefully we can get a regular schedule of volunteers doing them again so we have new ones every week from now on, even after Halloween season.

I have little to no stuff in the chamber that is Halloween related, but if you still need people in the rotation for after I have all sorts of reviewable things for regular weeklies.

Captain Seamus Sep 1st, 2010 03:09 PM

I could do music or movies, I have some old Halloween CDs lying around.

dextire Sep 1st, 2010 06:55 PM

I'd be happy to help. Movies and music please.

Pentegarn Sep 2nd, 2010 06:07 AM

^^^

You need to post more, you showed up at xmas, made with the funny post, then you disappeared.

Post more funny year round

Captain Seamus Sep 2nd, 2010 02:21 PM

Is that a requirement or a suggestion?

King Hadas Sep 2nd, 2010 07:15 PM

I can do movie reviews as well.