I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   RIP TRL? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23565)

Miss Modular Jan 15th, 2007 08:39 AM

RIP TRL?

Ding dong, the witch is dead...

http://www.nydailynews.com/front/sto...p-411551c.html

'TRL' looks to be D.O.A.

Is time up for “TRL”? An insider says MTV could soon bring the ax down on its signature countdown show because nobody watches it.

“The ratings are at an all-time low, around 300,000 viewers,” says the source. “The show is going to be canceled and rebranded."

(In other words, MTV has created a generation of viewers who don’t have the attention span to watch a music video.)

Recent data from Nielsen media peg TRL’s viewership at 393,000, down from almost 600,000 in 2001.

The rotating cast of veejays who present the live show, which launched in 1998, includes Nick Lachey’s galpal Vanessa Minnillo, Damien Fahey and Susie Castillo. Last Thursday, under-performing MTV president Michael Wolf abruptly left his job, although he said the decision to do so was his.

DehydratedPorkMan Jan 15th, 2007 09:34 AM

Good.

They show shit anyway.

WhiteRat Jan 15th, 2007 10:25 AM

Re: RIP TRL?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss Modular

(In other words, MTV has created a generation of viewers who don’t have the attention span to watch a music video.)

That's not true. TRL hasn't played a full video in years. They usually only play a minute or two if it before switching over to 12 year old screaming girls.

Angryhydralisk Jan 15th, 2007 10:32 AM

Wait! They still show music on MTV? Last thing I seen was some show called "Boiling Points" (Which should be on Comedy Central) or another season of "The Real World".

Even with that this show will not be missed. Though I do remember a music video for a song/composition from "Star Wars: Episode I" getting #9 one time.

zeldasbiggestfan Jan 18th, 2007 09:14 PM

Im glad this piece of shit is getting canned. Change it with a block of good music videos.

Grislygus Jan 18th, 2007 09:31 PM

Like what?

zeldasbiggestfan Jan 18th, 2007 09:33 PM

Something that isnt rap.

Grislygus Jan 18th, 2007 09:33 PM

And that's better by default?

zeldasbiggestfan Jan 18th, 2007 09:34 PM

No I just dont want to hear about getting fucked or killing someone every 2 minutes.

GADZOOKS Jan 19th, 2007 01:56 AM

Yeah because that's what all rap is, you fucking racist.

Michael Richards is having a klan meeting, don't miss it you dink.

sadie Jan 19th, 2007 09:42 AM

in february 2001, i was one of those screaming girls outside the trl studio. okay, i wasn't screaming. but the journalism students i'd taken to a columbia convention were. i didn't even know what trl was when they put it high on their list of sight-seeing priorities.

Fathom Zero Jan 19th, 2007 03:38 PM

When I took a trip to New York with my class in '03, we totally passed TRL up for the gigantic Hershey's shop.

DuFresne Jan 19th, 2007 04:59 PM

The huge-ass Toys R Us would have been a great choice, as well. If my memory serves me right, it was right close by to the MTV studios.

zeldasbiggestfan Jan 19th, 2007 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GADZOOKS

When did I say all rap was a certian race? I didnt. And besides I was talking about a majority of it since just about all of it sucks and that about all the "sing"/rap about.

Fathom Zero Jan 19th, 2007 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DuFresne
The huge-ass Toys R Us would have been a great choice, as well. If my memory serves me right, it was right close by to the MTV studios.

Yeah. I was walking over to it, but we had to go eat dinner at Mama Sbarro's.

GADZOOKS Jan 19th, 2007 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zeldasbiggestfan
Quote:

Originally Posted by GADZOOKS

When did I say all rap was a certian race? I didnt. And besides I was talking about a majority of it since just about all of it sucks and that about all the "sing"/rap about.

Did you know rap existed before you were born, hell even ZELDA was around before you were born.

Miss Modular Jan 19th, 2007 10:25 PM

This reminds me of the NYC I-Mockery convention of '02, where we all passed by the MTV building and flipped the bird, screaming "Booo, Carson Daly!"

Good times. :(

Mr. Vagiclean Jan 21st, 2007 10:50 PM

walking by TRL building is exciting yet suprisingly uneventful and has me wondering why i even hated it in the first place :(

zeldasbiggestfan Jan 21st, 2007 11:44 PM

Fuck you Gadzooks.

Jixby Phillips Jan 22nd, 2007 01:43 AM

:lol