I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Last Film(s) You Watched (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69698544)

MetalMilitia Dec 29th, 2007 09:25 AM

Last Film(s) You Watched

Death at a Funeral
Good English comedy centring on a disastrous funeral. Hardly anyone has seen or heard of this, which is a shame because it's really funny.

Death Sentence
I quite like revenge films and this one was actually rather good. It's a fairly standard affair - son gets killed, Kevin Bacon seeks revenge, things go from bad to worse. What sets it apart is that it remains dark throughout, without any kind of a happy ending for anyone.
Really violent too which is always a plus.

Jackass 2.5
Nothing special here, just a few 'stunts' that weren't good enough to be in the second film. That said, some parts are still funny and if you enjoyed either of the previous films this might be worth a watch.

Ricky Gervais Live 3: Fame
Possibly his best stand-up yet. If you like Gervais this is definitely worth checking out. The humour may be offensive, poor in taste and obnoxious but it's always funny.

I am Legend

Classic case of a film which is a good idea, poorly executed. Impressive scenery and special effects but the acting leaves something to be desired and as a whole the film was underwhelming.

macrodeath Dec 29th, 2007 11:20 AM

Blaah...

Grindhouse: Death proof and Planet terror, Kiki's delivery service, Howl's moving castle, Reeker, Nun, Black sheep, 28 weeks later, Die Hard 1-4, Exit Wounds, The Simpsons movie, Gonin, Spider-man 3.
John Woo movies: Hardboiled, The Killer, Once a Thief, A Better Tomorrow 1-3. Gonna watch couple of Tsui Hark films soon and Clint Eastwood's newest movies are still waiting to be seen. Can't wait for Postal to appear on dvd and i' m also waiting for the Alone in the Dark 2. Yes, i like Uwe Boll movies, he's the most entertaining director, whose movies are crap in a good way, always good for laughs...:bestthread

zeldasbiggestfan Dec 29th, 2007 02:01 PM

Last movie in theater was Juno. At home I watched, for the first time in months, Clerks.

Wild Wallace Dec 29th, 2007 04:47 PM

I Am Legend: Agree 100% with MetalMilitia.:lol
National Treasure 2: It was shit. Nicholas Cage sucks.>:
The Blues Brothers: I got the 25th Anniversary DVD for only $8. This film still rules. Best musical ever.

Bender's Big Score: There was some funny moments. But it ran too long and had too many "plot twists" as filler (Hey guess what, Fry was Lars all along! >:) . It also made me finally long to see SpiderPig.

Cabin Boy: Hilarious. I miss Get A Life.:tear

Kentucky Fried Movie: Hit and miss, but has the best opening scene ever.

Robin Hood Men In Tights: It starts off well, but runs too long for its own good. I only watched this because it was on a double film set with Spaceballs.

Fathom Zero Dec 29th, 2007 05:25 PM

I just watched CPU!

Jeff The Ninja Dec 29th, 2007 08:19 PM

I dont see a lot of movies. So here goes.

Hatchet: See it now. Great slasher flick with a good sense of humor. 4.5 out of 5 belt sanders to the face.

Keras: The Prophecy & Keras: The Revelation: If you dont like anime, dont see these. If you do like anime, dont see these unless you like all flashy CGI fight scenes and no explanation of what the fuck is going on. 1 out of 5 angry letters from Jonathan Clement.

Tenacious D and the Pick of Destiny: Unlike most people, i enjoyed this movie, its stupid for the sake of being stupid. 3.5 out of 5 cock push-ups.

Guitar Woman Dec 30th, 2007 05:21 AM

Fight Club!

It wasn't at all what I was expecting, but I loved it a whole lot.

The ending was sweet :<

Mintrude Dec 30th, 2007 07:57 AM

Kill Bill vol.1

Enjoyed it a lot more this time, after I'd got over good chunks of the film being in Japanese.

Blackjack Dec 30th, 2007 10:12 AM

Golden Compass. Man that was weak.

MarioRPG Dec 30th, 2007 01:24 PM

Eraserhead. It was the first time I've seen it. I'm not sure what to think.

Zbu Manowar Dec 30th, 2007 07:50 PM

Right now I'm watching Resident Evil: Apocalypse. Not that bad.

Yet I'm watching on Lifetime. Which is scary.

Fatacula Dec 31st, 2007 10:10 AM

Yeah, I have to agree with MetalMilitia on "I Am Legend"... on a more positive note just watched the movie "Drive Thru" from 2007. I thought it was great, in a campy sort of way. Horny the Clown was a great villain!! :)

Zombies on Lifetime... well its a step in the right direction!

Spetsnaz Dec 31st, 2007 12:10 PM

Last movies I've watched?

Conan the Barbarian
Arguably the best Sword and Sworcery movie. Evar.

The Shooter
It was a decent film that was actually got the technicalities down, but a weak plot.

The Bourne Ultimatum
Liked the books better....

The Simpsons Movie
Suckers! You paid money for something you could see at home for free.

Zombi
Eye gauging scene ftw!

I Am Legend
This kinda went the road of the Planet of the Apes remake.... Shitty.

BakaGaijin Dec 31st, 2007 12:11 PM

I Am Legend. Meh. Was done better in The Quiet Earth and 28 Days Later. Still, Smith was pretty good.

King Hadas Dec 31st, 2007 01:33 PM

High Plain Drifter - I'd already seen the other two Clint Eastwood directed westerns (Pale Rider, Unforgiven) and naturally assumed this one would be good too and I was right. It's now my favorite revenge type movie because of how Eastwood's character actually goes about avenging himself, his such an asshole in this one.

Jeff The Ninja Jan 1st, 2008 02:31 PM

Ghost Rider - Nicholas Cage shouldnt do superhero movies.

Fathom Zero Jan 1st, 2008 04:37 PM

I'm watching Brubaker! Morgan Freeman goes crazy!

NIN Jan 1st, 2008 05:28 PM

"I am Legend
Classic case of a film which is a good idea, poorly executed. Impressive scenery and special effects but the acting leaves something to be desired and as a whole the film was underwhelming."

I agree... I saw this yesterday

Zbu Manowar Jan 2nd, 2008 01:05 PM

I saw some really strange dollar flick called 'Project: Kill' that had Leslie Nielsen (back in his dramatic days) pretending to be this badass commando who goes rogue. Very, very weird.

Emu Jan 2nd, 2008 01:16 PM

sweeny todd

it was gay

gay enough that i couldn't appreciate the irony of sitting in a theater listening to people sing about how profitable cannibalism can be

Fathom Zero Jan 2nd, 2008 03:51 PM

Like a film-version of A Modest Proposal?

TheBigMan045 Jan 2nd, 2008 08:55 PM

Trainspotting:So F'ed up my mum refused to watch it. It stars a younger Ewen McGreggor as a Heroin addict trying to deal with getting off it. Best scene: Tie between "Worst toilet in Scotland" and "Baby on the ceiling"

Fathom Zero Jan 2nd, 2008 08:57 PM

For some reason, I had Trainspotting confused with The Station Agent.

sloth Jan 2nd, 2008 10:27 PM

dead man's shoes. great british movie, good to see film4 swinging their creative bollocks around instead of proferring their bum to the lowest common denominator like they did with the film4 movie channel.

MetalMilitia Jan 3rd, 2008 03:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sloth (Post 518201)
dead man's shoes. great british movie, good to see film4 swinging their creative bollocks around instead of proferring their bum to the lowest common denominator like they did with the film4 movie channel.

Dead Man's Shoes is one of my favorite films. Shane Meadows latest film This is England is not so good, unfortunately. It does capture something of the 80s which is quite captivating but some parts are really uncomfortable (when the kid gets the 20+ year old girlfriend :x) and as a whole it's quite an unpleasant film.