I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   What are you playing right now? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69697399)

10,000 Volt Ghost Oct 29th, 2010 12:39 PM

Does Fable seem like Sim-Warrior?

Dimnos Oct 29th, 2010 12:53 PM

2 was like sim-shoot you in the face with my musket.

darkvare Oct 29th, 2010 10:27 PM

i like fable but the artstyle and story always put me off

Phoenix Gamma Oct 30th, 2010 12:42 AM

Playing Bit.Trip Fate. Music's still awesome. Gameplay's...weird. You're on a rail, but the screen moves forward, so you need to stay on screen, but dodge bullets. So you need to back up and move forward to dodge shit instead of moving 8 directions. And since aiming is done with the remote there's no set rhythm to it. You don't really play the same song/beats, unlike the other games, where you either hit X beat at Y time or miss.

Also ran into Meat Boy while playing. He made my bullets bigger (meatier?) :lol

Runner's still my favorite, but this one's pretty good.

DougClayton4231 Oct 30th, 2010 11:56 AM

I just hate the moral choices in the Fable games. It's either eat a live baby or eat two live babies. WTF?

Dimnos Oct 30th, 2010 05:56 PM

Wtf are you talking about?

darkvare Oct 30th, 2010 07:26 PM

i'm loving undead nightmare is awesome and some of the songs from the soundtrack remind me of grindhouse films

OxBlood Oct 30th, 2010 08:45 PM

Tried out the Minecraft Halloween update...for 3 hours aparently...what the fuck...and it´s okay so far, we got hell to visit now aaaand a watch and fish and I think that´s about it. Still don´t know why Notch introduced a way to fast-travel without implementing a changable spawnpoint first but whatever.

DougClayton4231 Oct 31st, 2010 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimnos (Post 702530)
Wtf are you talking about?

In Fable 3, all of the moral choices boil down to doing something horrifying or extremely horrifying. It's not really a good system.

Btw, Happy Halloween everybody!

OxBlood Oct 31st, 2010 10:19 AM

Uh, yeah, happy Halloween. Kinda cute how some of the tiny malls we have in town try to celebrate Halloween...I´m sure you guys would laugh your asses off :D

Built my second Slipgate in the Nether in Minecraft (no enemies because I don´t want to permanently lose my stuff (bug)) and it seems to work. Came back into the normal world god knows where and now I´ll walk back to my base to see how far away I really am from there. Saw a forest and snow biome on the way, it adds a little more flair to the world as does the new sunrise and sunset, kinda pretty. Sadly the two new blocks don´t seem to have any use apart from looking strange...

DougClayton4231 Oct 31st, 2010 11:00 PM

What the hell is Minecraft btw?

OxBlood Nov 1st, 2010 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DougClayton4231 (Post 702643)
What the hell is Minecraft btw?

Minecraft is a builder-game. The world consists of blocks, you run around, collects ressources, build tools to harvest or mine different blocks (shovels for dirt, pickaxes for stone and ore for example). At night or in darkness, monsters spawn and try to get to you, so you construct a little shelter, try to light it with torches and before you know it, itīs 4 in the morning and youīre standing on top of a giant tower overlooking your base or town or whatever you built. Iīm still trying to build the Mansion from Resident Evil but Iīm always getting the dimensions wrong somehow...
And yeah, thereīs hell now in the game or The Nether as they call it. Pretty nice but kinda useless until they implement some other things.

In short, Minecraft is one of the best things that happened to gaming in recent years :)

Dimnos Nov 1st, 2010 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DougClayton4231 (Post 702557)
In Fable 3, all of the moral choices boil down to doing something horrifying or extremely horrifying. It's not really a good system.

Btw, Happy Halloween everybody!

Since asking I poped Fable 3 in to check it out and I see what you mean. I like that they got away from the overly black and white choices. Some of them are actually rather hard ones.

LordSappington Nov 1st, 2010 11:19 AM

JESUS CHRIST THE NETHER IS AWESOME.
It still needs more implemented into it, so it can be useful for more than just harvesting lightstone and going really far easily. I've made a gate into some random part of my world, but I haven't gotten to explore it yet.

Esuohlim Nov 1st, 2010 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OxBlood (Post 702666)
Minecraft is a builder-game. The world consists of blocks, you run around, collects ressources, build tools to harvest or mine different blocks (shovels for dirt, pickaxes for stone and ore for example). At night or in darkness, monsters spawn and try to get to you, so you construct a little shelter, try to light it with torches and before you know it, itīs 4 in the morning and youīre standing on top of a giant tower overlooking your base or town or whatever you built. Iīm still trying to build the Mansion from Resident Evil but Iīm always getting the dimensions wrong somehow...
And yeah, thereīs hell now in the game or The Nether as they call it. Pretty nice but kinda useless until they implement some other things.

In short, Minecraft is one of the best things that happened to gaming in recent years :)

You seem like the type who loved the shit out of Animal Crossing. Minecraft sounds terrible.

OxBlood Nov 1st, 2010 11:49 AM

I never played Animal Crossing but what I saw looked like shit to me. Minecraft isn´t about collecting stuff, it´s just about rearranging blocks in shapes and forms that you like. It´s your little (potentially endless) word. If you want to dig a hole and be done with it, do it, it´s as effective as building a giant tower with lava-fountains and obsidian decorations in terms of keeping the enemies away.

And why does that sound terrible to you? Never played with Lego when you were a kid? It´s the same thing basically. The material itself isn´t that much fun, the possibilities are.

Phoenix Gamma Nov 1st, 2010 12:52 PM

I'LL EXPLAIN IT BETTER CAUSE I ALREADY EXPLAINED IT ONCE IN THIS THREAD BUT NOONE LISTENS TO PEEGEE >:

OKAY SO YOU GOT THIS BUCKET OF LEGOS. THEN YOU SPILL IT ON THE TABLE. NOW YOU'RE A LEGO MAN AND YOU EXPLORE THIS BIG MESS OF LEGOS ON FOOT AND YOU TAKE TREES AND TURN THEM INTO WOODEN PLANKS TO BUILD CABINS AND TORCHES AND PICKAXES AND SHIT. THEN YOU BREAK STONE AND MAKE STONE CASTLES AND PICKAXES CAUSE ROCK TOOLS ARE BETTER THEN WOOD ONES. AND YOU DIG HOLES AND FIND GOLD AND DIAMOND AND HUGE UNDERGROUND CAVES AND LAVA AND RIVERS AND SHIT. THEN OH FUCK A ZOMBIE. OH SHIT A GIANT SPIDER. FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK

THEN YOU RIDE ON A MINECART TRACK THAT YOU BUILT BECAUSE YOU'RE THAT AWESOME AND IT FLINGS YOU INTO A RIVER AND YOU HOP ON YOUR BOAT AND YOU RIDE THE BOAT UP A WATERFALL TO YOUR FLOATING CASTLE. BECAUSE YOU DECIDED YOU WANT A CASTLE IN THE SKY. AND THE DOORS OPEN WHEN YOU PRESS A BUTTON CAUSE THIS ISN'T YOUR DAD'S CASTLE. AND YOU HAVE A RIVER OF LAVA RUNNING UNDER THE CASTLE BRIDGE. I DON'T KNOW WHY YOU PUT LAVA THERE BUT IT LOOKS COOL. THEN YOU LEAVE AND IT'S NIGHT TIME AND YOU FIGHT OFF MONSTERS AGAIN.

It's pretty neat. Someone made a really good trailer for it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaMTedT6P0I
And some guy tried to show how to make indefinite fire. Except he fucks up around 1:10. It's hilarious.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnjSWPxJxNs

Esuohlim Nov 1st, 2010 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OxBlood (Post 702682)
And why does that sound terrible to you? Never played with Lego when you were a kid? Itīs the same thing basically. The material itself isnīt that much fun, the possibilities are.

I never liked Lego, I was born without an imagination. :( I loved K'Nex but only if I was building something from the manual. If I had to make something from scratch then I wasn't having fun anymore.

So you need an imagination for Minecraft, then? Not for me.

10,000 Volt Ghost Nov 1st, 2010 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoenix Gamma (Post 702689)

THEN YOU RIDE ON A MINECART TRACK THAT YOU BUILT BECAUSE YOU'RE THAT AWESOME AND IT FLINGS YOU INTO A RIVER AND YOU HOP ON YOUR BOAT AND YOU RIDE THE BOAT UP A WATERFALL TO YOUR FLOATING CASTLE. BECAUSE YOU DECIDED YOU WANT A CASTLE IN THE SKY. AND THE DOORS OPEN WHEN YOU PRESS A BUTTON CAUSE THIS ISN'T YOUR DAD'S CASTLE. AND YOU HAVE A RIVER OF LAVA RUNNING UNDER THE CASTLE BRIDGE. I DON'T KNOW WHY YOU PUT LAVA THERE BUT IT LOOKS COOL. THEN YOU LEAVE AND IT'S NIGHT TIME AND YOU FIGHT OFF MONSTERS AGAIN.

Did you build super mario rpg?

Fathom Zero Nov 1st, 2010 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esuohlim (Post 702693)
I never liked Lego, I was born without an imagination. :( I loved K'Nex but only if I was building something from the manual. If I had to make something from scratch then I wasn't having fun anymore.

So you need an imagination for Minecraft, then? Not for me.

I'm kinda the same way now, but I loved building massive space ships as a kid. Now, I just modify things.

OxBlood Nov 1st, 2010 04:58 PM

Hm, for me it's the other way round. I threw the Lego-manuals away and integrated the new bricks into my colorful collection, ready to build whatever came to my mind.

Now, I won't build the Eiffel tower in Minecraft or something, but only cause I'm too busy building underground forests and cosy cave systems to live in :)

Dimnos Nov 1st, 2010 05:01 PM

Why does everyone who plays minecraft have a hard on for underground forests?

OxBlood Nov 1st, 2010 06:51 PM

I don´t know other peoples motivations but I want to have one world where I grow all my stuff underground with no access to the surface at all, that´s what I need an underground forest for. Mining out the caves for these things is fucking tedious...at least 6 high and 3 blocks between trees and walls...takes a while. Underground farming is way easier and I think you can fish in any kind of water now so underground fishing is propbably the easiest way to get food down there.

I just finished Fable 3 with a "Me-Character" which resulted in me being neutral most of the time but in the end the game forced me all the way to good and glued wings on my back...and though they DO have a final boss this time, it still sucks and is about as dangerous as a sleeping puppy. You don´t even see the boss in it´s real form.

So yeah, the people liked me more or less but since I invested in Albions future with schools and preserved the landscape, 6 Million people died and there´s not much going on in the cities with everyone dead and all that stuff...oh and the moment I got back to my home, my wife left me. No reason though I mean I´m the fucking king...ah well...getting a wife in this game is a matter of minutes...I wonder where my son is though...haven´t seen the little gremlin recently...

Phoenix Gamma Nov 1st, 2010 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost (Post 702695)
Did you build super mario rpg?

No because I'm the only person in the world who did not like that game :\

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimnos (Post 702711)
Why does everyone who plays minecraft have a hard on for underground forests?

BECAUSE THAT'S NOT HOW FORESTS ARE SUPPOSED TO WORK. IT'S FUCKIN MAGIC.

Though I can't be assed to...like...water plants and shit. Actually I haven't even looked that shit up. I'm content with just exploring.

In the snow maps, if you dig in the ground, then tunnelled towards the water, the space under the ice is totally empty. No water underneath. I'm guessing the game just spawns the water when you break ice from above because he didn't think I would be fucking around as much as I have in my ice map. I found out after tunnelling for hours and working my way back up. It's pretty sick hollowing out the goddamn ocean then looking down at it all from above.

DougClayton4231 Nov 2nd, 2010 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OxBlood (Post 702718)
I donīt know other peoples motivations but I want to have one world where I grow all my stuff underground with no access to the surface at all, thatīs what I need an underground forest for. Mining out the caves for these things is fucking tedious...at least 6 high and 3 blocks between trees and walls...takes a while. Underground farming is way easier and I think you can fish in any kind of water now so underground fishing is propbably the easiest way to get food down there.

I just finished Fable 3 with a "Me-Character" which resulted in me being neutral most of the time but in the end the game forced me all the way to good and glued wings on my back...and though they DO have a final boss this time, it still sucks and is about as dangerous as a sleeping puppy. You donīt even see the boss in itīs real form.

So yeah, the people liked me more or less but since I invested in Albions future with schools and preserved the landscape, 6 Million people died and thereīs not much going on in the cities with everyone dead and all that stuff...oh and the moment I got back to my home, my wife left me. No reason though I mean Iīm the fucking king...ah well...getting a wife in this game is a matter of minutes...I wonder where my son is though...havenīt seen the little gremlin recently...

Wow, I now have even less motivation to play Fable 3 lol.