I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   What are you playing right now? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69697399)

Dimnos Jun 22nd, 2011 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 727499)
Windwaker is the second-best zelda, shut your whore mouth

I didnt read anything after this as I was to amazed GW and I agree on something. :eek

However we probably differ on the top spot.

Guitar Woman Jun 22nd, 2011 03:55 PM

Objectively, the best Zelda is probably Majora's Mask; there's basically nothing wrong with it, and the story, setting, visuals, and atmosphere are wonderfully bizarre, dark, and creepy. It's the acid overdose of Zelda games.

Link's Awakening stole my heart forever, though.

MarioRPG Jun 22nd, 2011 04:26 PM

I'm pretty sure Majora's mask has come up a million times in this thread.
Spoilers!

Nick Jun 22nd, 2011 04:52 PM

Wind Waker was the first Zelda game that I ever got bored of. I still haven't finished it. The same happened with its sequels. I managed to finally finish Phantom Hourglass, but Spirit Tracks is still sitting around collecting dust.

The only other Zelda games I've haven't completed (besides the first two) is Twilight Princess and Oracle of Ages. I would have finished TP if I hadn't deleted my save data, and I kinda forgot about OoA.

Phoenix Gamma Jun 22nd, 2011 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarioRPG (Post 727786)
I'm pretty sure Majora's mask has come up a million times in this thread.
Spoilers!

No
Spoilers!

dextire Jun 22nd, 2011 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick (Post 727792)
The only other Zelda games I've haven't completed (besides the first two) is Twilight Princess and Oracle of Ages. I would have finished TP if I hadn't deleted my save data, and I kinda forgot about OoA.

Don't bother with TP, it doesn't get any better :\.
I think Oracle of Ages is worth it though.

Esuohlim Jun 22nd, 2011 09:35 PM

Twilight Princess is a solid Zelda game >:

All the 3Ds are fine with me. Majora's Mask was OK, I had way more fun chillin' in Clock Town and I felt like the rest of the game got in the way.

Guitar Woman Jun 22nd, 2011 10:06 PM

Twilight Princess is really shitty and ugly and boring and empty and badly paced. Basically it's LttP: The Next Generation

Hopefully they won't fuck up Skyward Sword that badly; I suppose an option for the classic controller would be too much to ask, so they'd better make sure as shit they don't program the waggle retardedly.

dextire Jun 22nd, 2011 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esuohlim (Post 727827)
Twilight Princess is a solid Zelda game >:

The problem I had with TP is that I didn't enjoy the wolf-form at all.
And since it's basically half the game, I was tediously going through the wolf parts to get to the "real" game.

I think it's fine for them to try something a little different, it just didn't work for me. :)

Phoenix Gamma Jun 22nd, 2011 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 727833)
Twilight Princess is really shitty and ugly and boring and empty and badly paced. Basically it's LttP: The Next Generation

Hopefully they won't fuck up Skyward Sword that badly; I suppose an option for the classic controller would be too much to ask, so they'd better make sure as shit they don't program the waggle retardedly.

You mean it's Ocarina of Time: Brown and Slow as Fuck Edition feat. Midna. It's practically the exact same dungeons except City in the Sky. Forest Temple, Fire Temple, Water Temple, Desert Colossus, etc., they're all there.

Miyamoto actually told the staff that if Skyward Sword isn't the best Zelda, that franchise is going on hiatus. So there's that.

I'm the Fire Temple in OOT3D. I've been focused on completing damn near everything I can. Feels pretty badass to go into the Forest Temple with 10 hearts right out the gate. I'm at 15 now, which is two more than I had when I first beat the game. So I feel accomplished. I even got all those FUCKING big poes. I think I'll do a three heart run of master quest.

10,000 Volt Ghost Jun 23rd, 2011 10:38 AM

Link to the past was awesome. So good it should never be abreviated.

I always went with level 5 dark world first before level 4 with the moth. That guy was annoying.

Twilight Princess was awesome too. My favorite part is torn between the sky temple and the desert temple. Leaning towards the desert temple just because you have to fight the orc/ogre/troll goon guy.
Spoilers!

I was just "OOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!"

Fathom Zero Jun 23rd, 2011 11:23 AM

I played seven hours of Mount & Blade yesterday.

executioneer Jun 23rd, 2011 11:29 AM

did you conquer anything

Fathom Zero Jun 23rd, 2011 11:37 AM

jail. for slaughtering villagers.

executioneer Jun 23rd, 2011 12:36 PM

aw sheeeit :(

Fathom Zero Jun 23rd, 2011 01:01 PM

It's alright, I got out eventually. Then slaughtered another village with my band of 30+ men and women and escaped to a friendly nearby kingdom where I helped them defend from a siege.

Unsuccessfully.

This game is wonderfully brutal. I should get the newest expansion with the guns and Eastern Europe.

executioneer Jun 23rd, 2011 01:28 PM

i wish there were more differences between mount and blade / warband / the new one :( they really should give discounts for people who own the original and want to upgrade

Fathom Zero Jun 23rd, 2011 01:36 PM

They had a massive sale a very short while ago on Steam where all of them were like $15 or something. I bought the original on sale when it was $5, marked down from $30, so I don't have a problem with the expansions. 'Cept Warband is so expensive for some reason. :\

Fathom Zero Jun 23rd, 2011 02:59 PM

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011...pc/#more-63344

Whoop whoop

executioneer Jun 23rd, 2011 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathom Zero (Post 727967)
They had a massive sale a very short while ago on Steam where all of them were like $15 or something. I bought the original on sale when it was $5, marked down from $30, so I don't have a problem with the expansions. 'Cept Warband is so expensive for some reason. :\

aw,

fuuuuuck

darkvare Jun 23rd, 2011 09:55 PM

hey team fortress 2 is free now i'm gonna get it

executioneer Jun 23rd, 2011 10:08 PM

what

edit: holy shit

Fathom Zero Jun 23rd, 2011 10:37 PM

NOT UNEXPECTED.

It's just given them a way to make bajillions more dollars.

OxBlood Jun 24th, 2011 04:03 AM

Oh, a Zelda-Discussion and I missed it. Zelda 3 is the best, there can´t be any arguing about that.

Right, new stuff I´ve played...hmm.

Still playing Dante´s Inferno and loving the shit out of it, as mentioned before, its atmosphere and graphical design is among the best I´ve ever seen but I´m a sucker for the divine comedy so yeah.

Started Shadows of the Damned and I´m about 5hrs in. It´s good, the story is interesting so far, the gameplay is okay...can´t really say much about it. It´s solid. Nothing special though, standart 3rd person shooter.

i´m also still playing Radiant Historia on the DS. Good story and interesting concept with all that timetravel influencing the two different timelines and stuff like that. The battlesystem is still my main gripe with the game. It´s thoughtful but sadly it´s not very interesting. There´s no real hook there, the battles are definetely not the main event in the game.

10,000 Volt Ghost Jun 24th, 2011 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OxBlood (Post 728156)
Oh, a Zelda-Discussion and I missed it. Zelda 3 is the best, there canīt be any arguing about that.

Just thinking about hearing the triforce noise then the \SHINK/ from the title screen gives me goosebumps.