I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   The Sega Game Gear Appreciation Thread (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21134)

Jeff The Ninja May 2nd, 2006 11:16 PM

The Sega Game Gear Appreciation Thread

A GAME GEAR!! I finally got a sega Game Gear. Today, My friend phoned me up and wanted me to See if i knew anyone who wanted to buy some things, Surprise was that among the items mentioned was a Sega Game Gear.

An even bigger surprise is that I got it for 40 Dollars (canadian)!!! All I got right now is the system and A copy of sonic the hedgehog ( I love those games). The only things I lack are Batteries that will keep the thing running for more than 20 seconds (just long enough to get through the first level) and A Wall Adapter so I wouldnt need to worry about batteries. Yet I am content and my 10 year, uneventful quest is now almost finished.

BlueOatmeal May 2nd, 2006 11:53 PM

Congrats! Its always great to pick up a piece of gaming you never had when it was fresh. I've been trying to find a Game Gear for quite awhile.

eggyolk May 2nd, 2006 11:55 PM

i had a game gear when it was released :x

Misdemonar May 3rd, 2006 12:03 AM

I got one with FIFA, Chakan, And MK 2. I got the system for 12 $ and it came with the AC adapter. I just have problems with starting it up, but it's cool and playable, I love it.

Jeff The Ninja May 3rd, 2006 12:03 AM

I was just wondering, Is it true that a sega Genesis adapter will work in the Game Gear. Cause that would really help in my search for an Adapter for this thing.

Esuohlim May 3rd, 2006 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueOatmeal
Congrats! Its always great to pick up a piece of gaming you never had when it was fresh. I've been trying to find a Game Gear for quite awhile.

Amazon Marketplace has a used one that's 15 bucks.

Misdemonar May 3rd, 2006 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff The Ninja
I was just wondering, Is it true that a sega Genesis adapter will work in the Game Gear. Cause that would really help in my search for an Adapter for this thing.

I don't know.

MetalMilitia May 3rd, 2006 08:01 AM

$40 seems alot for a gamegear, he should have just given it to you - it's not like anyone else would want to buy it.

the_dudefather May 3rd, 2006 08:20 AM

i would love to get a sega nomad (portable megadrive/genesis) for the sheer novelty factor (oy just use a psp homebrew emulator)

timrpgland May 3rd, 2006 10:09 AM

You should have gotten a neo geo pocket ;)

My little brother has my game gear.

Fathom Zero May 3rd, 2006 04:24 PM

Game Gear was and is the greatest, however, I was unaware Chakan was available for it. It was always my favourite platformer.

Sam May 3rd, 2006 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timrpgland

NEO GEO POCKET COLOR! :eek

Girl Drink Drunk May 3rd, 2006 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_dudefather
i would love to get a sega nomad (portable megadrive/genesis) for the sheer novelty factor (oy just use a psp homebrew emulator)

Fuck yeah. I saw ads for the Nomad when I was a kid, and I woulda loved to play Genesis games on trips. That's pretty fucking awesome when you think about, considering there have likely been no other handheld systems that served to play console games. Im sure it ate up batteries, though.

executioneer May 3rd, 2006 08:31 PM

i thought this was going to be a thread about jeff the ninja's weiner

the_dudefather May 3rd, 2006 08:32 PM

worse than the gam gear supposibly

Jeff The Ninja May 3rd, 2006 09:45 PM

I just got Sonic 2. It is fun.

GIJOEKAMALA May 4th, 2006 01:55 PM

I have a game gear, nothing great, I liked gameboy a lot better.

timrpgland May 4th, 2006 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam
Quote:

Originally Posted by timrpgland

NEO GEO POCKET COLOR! :eek

The regular version would do but the NGPC would be even fancier! :eek

Jeff The Ninja May 4th, 2006 11:05 PM

If I had a NGPC, then I would be playing Samurai Shodown instead of posting here :)

Seriously, I just found this game called Surf Ninjas. it really sucks, which is surprising giving the title has both Surfing and Ninjas. :(

Sam May 4th, 2006 11:34 PM

It's based off an equally shitty movie.

kahljorn May 4th, 2006 11:42 PM

I love your avatar dudefather. That movie's hilarious ;(

Girl Drink Drunk May 5th, 2006 07:24 PM

I remember loving that moving as a kid. I can't believe Lesley Nielson was the badguy (I didnt know that he played the lead bad guy until about a week ago) :lol

the_dudefather May 5th, 2006 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kahljorn
I love your avatar dudefather. That movie's hilarious ;(

thanks, i call it 'incurably insane' :)

Girl Drink Drunk May 7th, 2006 10:32 AM

http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/3/nielson9yb.jpg

Misdemonar May 7th, 2006 12:54 PM

Had Rob Schinder, and I think the guy from naked gun.