I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   I-Mockery Chat (Lube up those lips) (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8799)

Aaarg Nov 11th, 2008 08:30 AM

My diet yesterday consisted almost solely of pepperoni rolls, Dr Pepper, and AMP. My gut is hating me right now.

I'm otherwise good. And yerself?

Dixie Nov 11th, 2008 08:33 AM

I hear ya buddy!
My tummy is like a simmering crock pot today, with extra crock.
I'd share my Tums, but I don't like going to VA if I don't have to.
Richmonder?

Feeling frisky today though, I might actually get the rest of my laundry done!
I'm also desperately hoping to go shopping today.

Aaarg Nov 11th, 2008 08:40 AM

Nope, I'm up north a bit: Woodbridge (about 25 miles from DC).

I'm in good shape as far as things around the house go. I did all my laundry before leaving for the weekend. I go to work at 3 and I'm hoping my dad gets home before that because I've got coins to give him.

Dixie Nov 11th, 2008 08:42 AM

Oh damn!
Woodbridge?
I gots people up there!
I miss when Club East Coast had metal shows. :(

You should keep the coins and go to the arcade in Springfield.

Dixie Nov 11th, 2008 08:46 AM

Padrino's in Woodbridge was awesome.

Aaarg Nov 11th, 2008 08:47 AM

East Coast Billiards? Is that place even open anymore? I usually stay away from Woodbridge-Woodbridge (Rt. 1).

Also the coins are old! My girlfriend's got a buddy at the convenience store who gets old coins a lot and sets them aside for her. Then I go visit and she gives me a bunch. This weekend I got 4 buffalo nickels and a bunch of wheat pennies and half-dollars. Also I got two silver certificates.

This is what I get excited about.

And that reminds me, I need to call some places up in Morgantown, WV, to see if I can get a job up there that'd be worth me moving back.

Dixie Nov 11th, 2008 08:52 AM

Yeah that place, funny enough that's where I initially hooked up with my husband!
I think the club changed it's name.

Ahh no coins for the arcade then. :( I'm sure your dad will dig em though! I don't know much about coins, but I'm good at spending them!

WV eh?
Crappiest Hooters ever.

Aaarg Nov 11th, 2008 08:57 AM

Yeah, my dad will like the buffalo nickels. I've been beefing up his coin collection over the years of me working in the grocery store, counting all of the tills every night. The way I see it, his coin collection will eventually be mine, so I consider it "ours." My girlfriend says we're going to sell it to put our kids through college, so I say I'm going to bury all of the good shit to keep her away from it.

Dude, I don't think there is a Hooters in Morgantown. I can't think of one, anyway. I know we've got ALL-OUT strip clubs, so I guess there's no need for Hooters.

I was living up there, with my woman. Money became tight so I moved back to Woodbridge (to work at a fucking grocery store, go figure) for a while. I'm ready to go back, for sure.

Dixie Nov 11th, 2008 09:03 AM

Saving that stuff is always good! Coins are very good collector's items! And cooler than stamps.

We went to a Hooters in Charleston, we had them believing we were Slayer. All the girls there looked like they were 4 days late for their meth fix, except the pregnant one. I'm scared of strip clubs up there. Had a bad experience involving exploding beers and angry strippers.

At least WV's scenery is prettier. Woodbridge was getting scary by the time we left that area!

Aaarg Nov 11th, 2008 09:08 AM

How long ago did you leave Woodbridge? It's, uh, a shitty place. They're trying to make it nicer by bringing in more "high-end" retailers and stuff, but I don't think that putting a nice department store isn't going to have any effect on the trash that lives here already.

Yeah, fuck stamps! I contribute to a coin collection, and I have a bunch of old vinyl records that I'll probably get around to selling sometime.

Also, I'm surprised people in Charleston even knew what Slayer is.

West Virginia's good if you're away from the little towns and shit. Like you said, the scenery is nice, but the inhabitants are awful. But I'm paying for an apartment there, my girlfriend and my puppy are there, and I'm four hours away.

Dixie Nov 11th, 2008 09:17 AM

We never lived in Woodbridge, we were up in Falls Church. But we had to come down for band practices every weekend. All the trash is being pushed out further and further. Manasses, Woodbridge, and Warrenton are all getting like that.

Vinyl can be pretty easy to unload. Lemme know what you have and I may be able to direct you to a good place that won't rip you off!

We originally told her we were Metallica, and she said "Come on now, I seen pichurs of 'tallica. Mah ex boyfren is a big fan of them. Now tell me who yall are! I bet I heard of ya!" And someone blurted out Slayer. We couldn't believe she took us seriously. To our credit, we did have a bald guy. But he was so skinny that if anyone questioned us we were going to tell them he had AIDS.

Hopefully you can get back there, I don't know anything about WV's job market but ALOT of people commute to DC from there!

Kitsa Nov 11th, 2008 09:24 AM

I lived in WV for a very long time. I think you get rednecks in any state if you know where to look for 'em.

(and any country for that matter, like culchies...)

Dixie Nov 11th, 2008 09:26 AM

Rednecks can be fun though.
PBR, whiskey, and Lynrd Skynrd make for a fun evening.
"Classy" is for people who don't know how to have fun.

Aaarg Nov 11th, 2008 09:26 AM

Ugh, yeah, the eastern panhandle of WV has a lot of commuters, but I'd be damned if I'd make that long a trip every day for work. My family's got a house out there. Morgantown is in north-central WV, though--closer to Pittsburgh. Nothing was hiring when I was looking, but then again my availability sucked, so I just quit my first job and moved home temporarily. I have enough experience and training in grocery stores that one of the Krogers up there should take me, I just hope the money would be decent enough.

Oh, and the Northern Virginia shittiness is expanding to places like Stafford now.

I've got a lot of shit records nobody cares about like Barbra Streissand and Dan Fogelberg, but I've also got something like 17 Beatles albums, a couple Led Zep, a few Pink Floyd, and the like. I'm now allowed to get rid of the Floyd, though, and I'm definitely not parting with A Clockwork Orange or Bob Dylan's Blood on the Tracks.

Also, forgive the netspeak but lol @ Kerry King with AIDS

Aaarg Nov 11th, 2008 09:28 AM

Hahaha, PBR.

Dixie Nov 11th, 2008 09:34 AM

Commuting is a way of life up there. I don't miss that crap at all. I wish you luck on getting a new job there, you should be with your girl and your dog. A man needs those things!

Yeah, Stafford used to be really nice for the most part. Oh! Have you ever seen the Crystal Lake trailer park sign off of 1 up there? I'm gonna steal that bitch one day.

The rock stuff you could probably take up to Vienna Record Exchange (you could also email the owner on MySpace, he's a good friend of ours and a very fair dealer), the rest you might be able to get a good price for as a lot on ebay. Buyer paying shipping expenses of course.

We thought the AIDS thing would be funny. But we're jerks like that. >:

Aaarg Nov 11th, 2008 09:38 AM

Crystal Lake? Not that I can recall. It's been a while since I was down that way. Usually I'll only go as far south as Prince William Forest Park.

I'll check to see if I can get anything for the records, but I think too many people (basically my dad and girlfriend) don't want me to get rid of any of the good stuff. Maybe there's a market out there for Barbra Streissand!

Dixie Nov 11th, 2008 09:54 AM

I don't remember how far down in Stafford that sign is, but I stare at it covetously every time we pass it.

Maybe you can make trades for better records? I still think the record conventions in Northern Va would be a good place for you to check out too. But if you go to any of those stay the fuck away from a guy named Marshall Levy. He's a rip off and a blight on the vinyl and doom metal community.
(Yes Marshall I know you google your name and I hope you see this and if I could find the picture of your face in the toilet I'd fucking post it)

Aaarg Nov 11th, 2008 10:14 AM

My name is Marshall, so I don't deal with other Marshalls.

Pub Lover Nov 11th, 2008 11:02 AM

Happy Birthday, MattJack. :)

Neen Nov 11th, 2008 01:57 PM

WATCH THIS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXhElaGCZVU

Pub Lover Nov 11th, 2008 02:02 PM

No.

You're lucky I read your posts at all, Neen. I'm the only one.
Quote:

Originally Posted by McClain (Post 593406)
How far does it go? Until you run out of balls?

Quote:

Originally Posted by McClain (Post 593357)
http://www.bartbonte.com/factoryballs2

I'm currently at level 19. Just starting to get a bit complicated.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shrubfest (Post 593419)
Think its 25 levels.
Its not like the first, mistake balls get replaced.

Level 30 in 15 minutes. :eek

Spoilers!

Dixie Nov 11th, 2008 02:10 PM

Oh snap!
Hippie Barfday MattJack!

Tadao Nov 11th, 2008 02:17 PM

Happy Rape Day MJ

liquidstatik Nov 11th, 2008 02:19 PM