I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Space Quest? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5707)

TeMeTNoScE Sep 2nd, 2003 05:47 AM

Space Quest?

Anyone here partake in the space quest series? Haven't seen much of a fanbase around. That game turned me away from the streets and back in to the arms of my family. Saved me from a life of crime it did.

Mockery Sep 2nd, 2003 11:08 AM

Space Quest is one of the best video game series ever. It ranks right up there with Monkey Island when it comes to humor as well. I think Space Quest IV was my favorite of the games. I haven't played it in soooo long.

KILLADEUCE Sep 2nd, 2003 02:45 PM

I agree, space quest 3 was my favorite- Pirates of Pestulon.. Ahh those were the good old days

LacrimansTaurne Sep 28th, 2003 03:57 AM

Space Quest 3 was the very first computer game I ever played, which was around the time I was 6 or 7. I remember playing it on a VERY old computer with a black and green monochrome monitor. It was that game that made me a gamer. Ever since then, I was (and still am) obsessed with old-school adventure games.
However, my all-time favorite adventure game is Sam 'n' Max: Hit the Road, the funniest game I have ever played.

executioneer Sep 30th, 2003 09:00 AM

sq4 with voice rules yuor face :o

-willie

Protoclown Sep 30th, 2003 01:14 PM

The Space Quest series was fucking awesome. It's a shame they don't make games like that anymore.

FS Sep 30th, 2003 01:59 PM

3 is probably my favorite because it's the first one I played. I liked 4, but it's frickin hard because you can die so often. I liked Space Quest 5 second best, since it looked pretty and you got to control your own starship. Not using voice actors was a real step down, though.

Too bad they gave up on Space Quest 7.

James Sep 30th, 2003 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Protoclown
The Space Quest series was fucking awesome. It's a shame they don't make games like that anymore.

That's what I said. :(

There really is a huge fanbase for games like Space Quest, King's Quest, Leisure Suit Larry, etc. But nobody makes games like that anymore. If there were any recent quality titles of this type, I'd totally buy them.

And if I knew anything about emulation of old PC games, I'd play all those games I just listed too. :(

timrpgland Oct 1st, 2003 11:23 AM

I haven't played a Space Quest game in forever. Last one I remember playing was Space Quest 2. I always liked King's Quest a bit better though.

Mockery Oct 1st, 2003 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FS
3 is probably my favorite because it's the first one I played. I liked 4, but it's frickin hard because you can die so often. I liked Space Quest 5 second best, since it looked pretty and you got to control your own starship. Not using voice actors was a real step down, though.

Part 4 was definitely hard, but it was so goddamned funny and the graphics just blew me away at the time. Plus I loved the whole being able to capture the energizer bunny thing. After this whole big Halloween season is over, you and I gotta get to work on it. ;)