I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   What are you playing right now? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69697399)

Nick Oct 19th, 2012 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zomboid (Post 763139)
I have it on 360 but haven't played it with anyone online.

You too good to play with us, brah?

zeldasbiggestfan Oct 20th, 2012 12:01 AM

This is pissing me off, I can't find Retro City Rampage on the Xbox 360 arcade. Makes me sad :(

Nick Oct 20th, 2012 02:03 AM

It's not released on the 360 or Wiiware yet. Only PC and PSN.

zeldasbiggestfan Oct 20th, 2012 03:13 AM

Well shit.

k0k0 Oct 20th, 2012 05:50 AM

I've been playing a whole lot of Happy Wars. I didn't expect myself to get hooked on a free to play xbox live game with childish looking graphics, but it really did charm me into liking it. I play both co-op against the computer and team vs team. Both are fun. I can see the game getting old in a while, but by then something new to play will be out.

10,000 Volt Ghost Oct 20th, 2012 11:03 AM

Its free free free?

Fathom Zero Oct 20th, 2012 11:11 AM

Playing the newest Alien vs. Predator because it was on sale. It was worth the $3.74 I spent on it.

kahljorn Oct 20th, 2012 02:21 PM

i want some aliens vs predators for 4 dollars where did you find this

Fathom Zero Oct 20th, 2012 02:53 PM

Steam. It was on sale on Thursday, I think.

darkvare Oct 20th, 2012 03:01 PM

i downloaded payday for the free weekend and i think it could be a really awesome 4 player experience

k0k0 Oct 20th, 2012 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost (Post 763156)
Its free free free?

Yeah, they have a cash shop but it's mainly for vanity items. I haven't seen any items in it that will help win, just look pretty.

10,000 Volt Ghost Oct 21st, 2012 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k0k0 (Post 763176)
Yeah, they have a cash shop but it's mainly for vanity items. I haven't seen any items in it that will help win, just look pretty.

I might dl that then.

Nick Oct 23rd, 2012 03:35 AM

I finally beat RE6 last night. It was okay, nothing really special. Seem just like any other third person shooter out these days.

It was pretty long though, like too long. It was like it over-stayed its welcome.

OxBlood Oct 24th, 2012 05:12 AM

A friend gave me Max Payne 3 to play the other day.

I can´t play that game. It´s just too horrible. Since I´ve written out all my rage over that past days, all that´s left is regret. Regret that I had to witness the literal Fall of Max Payne as a game-series. It´s so so bad. I actually want to spit at this game and the lead writer for slaughtering one of the best-written and atmospheric franchises of all time.

I think about the only thing that could be worse would be Planescape Torment - Mort's Whacky Kart-Racing.

Anyway, concering games that are actually fun: I played a bit of Chivalry the past few days and it´s a hell of a lot of fun. There´s a lot of tactics going on, even if you just want to chop some knight´s head off :)

Nick Oct 24th, 2012 06:13 AM

What? Max Payne 3 was great.

OxBlood Oct 24th, 2012 06:57 AM

Why...would you say that? What did they promise you if you lied? Power? Fame? Riches? It´s not worth it, Nick.

Mad Melvin Oct 24th, 2012 08:23 AM

I thought Max Payne 3 was very good. Some annoyances here and there and the storyline was pretty lame, but the again, the original two were no masterpieces either when it comes down to the story. Let's be honest here, the point of Max Payne has always been the action. The cheesy film noir gave it a nice touch and James McCaffrey's whiskey breath monologues didn't hurt either, but the awesome gun-ballet is the main thing why people play these. And on that front, Max Payne 3 did not dissapoint. And the character was pretty much the same as before, only a bigger loser than before.

Then again, maybe you miss the the days when Max Payne storyline had class. Like the time you fight a satan worshipper in a hawaiian shirt or when you meet the Finito brothers. FINITO BROTHERS. MY GOD.

Dimnos Oct 24th, 2012 09:21 AM

OH fuck. I have had Max Payne 3 sitting on my shelf for like a month now. It may have just got bumped to the top of the list. :eek

Nick Oct 24th, 2012 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OxBlood (Post 763270)
Why...would you say that? What did they promise you if you lied? Power? Fame? Riches? Itīs not worth it, Nick.

I think Mad Melvin summed it up pretty well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Melvin (Post 763273)
I thought Max Payne 3 was very good. Some annoyances here and there and the storyline was pretty lame, but the again, the original two were no masterpieces either when it comes down to the story. Let's be honest here, the point of Max Payne has always been the action. The cheesy film noir gave it a nice touch and James McCaffrey's whiskey breath monologues didn't hurt either, but the awesome gun-ballet is the main thing why people play these. And on that front, Max Payne 3 did not dissapoint. And the character was pretty much the same as before, only a bigger loser than before.

Then again, maybe you miss the the days when Max Payne storyline had class. Like the time you fight a satan worshipper in a hawaiian shirt or when you meet the Finito brothers. FINITO BROTHERS. MY GOD.

I thought the story was MUCH better than Max Payne 2 was. I play them both back to back right before it came out, and while Max Payne 1 will always have a nice big soft spot in my heart, Fall of Max Payne was pretty lame to me. Not bad, just not as much fun as the first or third.

It also made sense to me that Max would turn into a drunken slob of a person after all of that. The game did a good job of messing him up, and then straightening him out.

Zomboid Oct 24th, 2012 05:40 PM

Just downloaded Steam on my new laptop. I bought Lucius, which looks stupid but fun, and that doesn't come out 'til Friday, so I'm gonna try to finish RE6 by then. I also noticed that DC Online is free to play, so I might get into that while I'm unemployed.

kahljorn Oct 24th, 2012 06:48 PM

i heard that at level 1 you gain a superpower to fall through the floors forever

darkvare Oct 24th, 2012 09:56 PM

i remember that power

Zomboid Oct 24th, 2012 11:48 PM

OK, well, nevermind then.

Zomboid Oct 25th, 2012 04:25 AM

Finished Jake and Sherry's campaign. I really liked it! This whole game has been pretty great, actually. Really glad I didn't buy into all the bitching.

Nick Oct 25th, 2012 05:21 AM

Glad someone still likes generic shooter games. I was beginning to think the market was running out of people to sell them to.