I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Last Film(s) You Watched (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69698544)

Fat_Hippo May 6th, 2008 09:18 AM

Elizabeth: The Golden Age.

This is one of those movies that I don't actively dislike, but was bored nearly the entire time I watched it. Which means that yes, for me, it's a bad movie; I just can't say why.
It wasn't even because I knew what was gonna happen (England isn't catholic after all) but somehow, I just really didn't care about anything that happened. And I even thought Cate Blanchett acted well, but that didn't help save the movie for me.

Kitsa May 6th, 2008 10:55 AM

I thought Cate Blanchett acted well, and I thought that it was a passable continuation, but I liked the first Elizabeth much better.

I tried to tell myself throughout that Elizabeth I became a less likeable person with age, and that they were just portraying that. It was more or less historically accurate, give or take a few details. But like you, it also struck me as a very meh movie.

Master May 6th, 2008 11:14 AM

Last movie I watched was Transformers. It was surprisingly good seeing as I was expecting something just for the kids. I held off watching it for a few months for just that reason, but some friends convinced me to get it and I'm glad I did now.

10,000 Volt Ghost May 8th, 2008 06:07 PM

Balls of Fury - There was a lot of apparent comedy in it, i.e. nutshots, blatant deaths and the like. The best parts of the movie were the subtle humor they threw in that didn't really stand out.

Shrubfest May 8th, 2008 06:26 PM

I thought the Panda was the best out of Balls of Fury...

I'm easy to impress....

Fat_Hippo May 9th, 2008 03:56 PM

Herbie: Fully Loaded

Okay, up front, right from the start: I didn't hate Lindsey Lohan in this movie. Hell, her performance wasn't exactly Oscar worthy, but it's not like she had much to work with, and she got the job done. Except for all the times in the beginning of the movie she screamed. Then I wanted to stab her in the guts with a rusty pitchfork, but that's how I always react to high pitched girly screams, so no surprise there.

Now, about the actual movie. A fitting one phrase summary would be "Harmless, nonsensical, completely predictable and moderate fun". Really, I actually didn't mind watching this movie. As long as you don't think too much and allow yourself to laugh at the stupid jokes (or just the stupidity), it's actually quite enjoyable. It may have helped that I was slightly intoxicated.

Also, while I've heard of the other Herbie movies, I've never watched any of them and don't know wether this movie is some kind of insult to the "Great Herbie Legacy" or not. If it is, or if it even exists...who cares.

10,000 Volt Ghost May 9th, 2008 04:14 PM

I always thought Herbie should get in a street fight with Speed Buggy...or Bumblebee at least.

Finished watching Death at a funeral. I enjoyed it a lot.

Fat_Hippo May 17th, 2008 04:53 PM

Bable - It was quite...different, and moved along a bit slowly at times, but if you don't mind either of those two, then you should definitley watch it.

Also, I was positively surprised to see big Hollywood actors like Brad Pitt and Cate Blanchett acting in a movie like this. I don't know if this movie had a bigger budget than you'd expect, or if Brad and Cate just agreed to a lower fee than they'd usually charge.

10,000 Volt Ghost May 19th, 2008 09:46 PM

Tooth & Nail from the 8 movies to die for series. Most of them are pretty decent. Set around 2015, dystopian setting. The human race has to restart. Apocalypse here is caused lack of crude oil.

Kind of interesting at gas being $4 a gallon in New York at least.

Esuohlim May 19th, 2008 10:33 PM

I caught the X-Files movie on TV yesterday from pretty much the beginning and watched it for the first time.

It was, uh, well

It was all right I guess.

executioneer May 20th, 2008 03:38 AM

10000 bc

i liked how cave jesus totally killed that goa'uld with a spear (spoilers whoops)

WhiteRat May 23rd, 2008 07:30 PM

The Quest starring and directed by Jean Claude Van Dam. Admittedly, I bought it today for $11.99 even though it belongs in the $5 Wal-Mart bin. True classics are worth every penny in my book.

HickMan May 24th, 2008 01:50 PM

I watched Big Trouble in Little China and Suicide Kings yesterday.

Big Trouble shall be bought

10,000 Volt Ghost May 24th, 2008 02:07 PM

The Orphanage by Guillermo Del Toro. This man really knows how to make a movie.

Guitar Woman Jun 18th, 2008 02:15 PM

I've been watching a lot of Bakshi flicks lately.

Holy shit, this guy makes good movies.

Fathom Zero Jun 18th, 2008 03:51 PM

Poserrrrr. Seen Fritz the Cat or Cool World yet?

Esuohlim Jun 18th, 2008 04:59 PM

Monty Python and the Holy Grail for the first time :eek

That movie is probably better if you grew up watching it :(

WhiteRat Jun 18th, 2008 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathom Zero (Post 561980)
Poserrrrr. Seen Fritz the Cat or Cool World yet?

A rare Fritz the Cat reference. My sister finally burned me my own copy the other day.

Guitar Woman Jun 18th, 2008 06:01 PM

I saw Heavy Traffic and Fire and Ice, and I rented LotR ages ago.

Youtube's got Coonskin in 10 parts, but I really wanna see American Pop.

10,000 Volt Ghost Jun 18th, 2008 06:58 PM

Heavy Traffic is a lot better.

executioneer Jun 18th, 2008 07:08 PM

didn't he do a animated video for something tom waits did once

edit: n/m it was someone called john lamb, but hey still pretty cool rotoscopey stuff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCNDZY4vXPs

maybe not safe for work? i forget it might have tits in it

Fathom Zero Jun 18th, 2008 07:31 PM

It's pretty good.

Girl Drink Drunk Jun 18th, 2008 10:45 PM

Flight of the Phoenix.

Kitsa Jun 18th, 2008 11:39 PM

I saw Charlize Theron in "Monster" the other day, and I was surprised at how good she was. Christina Ricci, on the other hand, annoyed the piss out of me for some reason.

liquidstatik Jun 19th, 2008 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esuohlim (Post 561993)
Monty Python and the Holy Grail for the first time :eek

That movie is probably better if you grew up watching it :(

w/e, it's funny. :( the meaning of life & the life of brian are funnier though, YOU SHOULD CHECK 'EM OUT! :eek