I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   I-Mockery Chat (Lube up those lips) (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8799)

Pram Maven May 29th, 2011 02:11 PM

Grislygus- It sounds like music is mood setting for you. For me, what does it is "Everybody's Free (To Feel Good) from the soundtrack of Romeo + Juliet and "Last Flowers Till The Hospital" by Radiohead. Both of those hit me like a tuning fork. I think the right kind of music really can make you feel loved, or at least offer a sense of hope.

Zhukov May 29th, 2011 02:17 PM

Wot

Grislygus May 29th, 2011 02:21 PM

The hell you talking about? Having a good time at a wedding makes you feel loved. Suddenly hearing one of your favorite Frank Sinatra songs the morning after the groom SANG Sinatra is, in general, a happy thing.

In unrelated news, just FINALLY got through airport security. Note to anyone concerned; a vacuum-sealed bag of head cheese looks REAAAAALLY fucking suspicious through an x-ray :lol

Pram Maven May 29th, 2011 02:24 PM

Oh, I get it! Yeah, that would make me happy too. I still remember the song "There is Love", which was sung at my sister's wedding in 1984. Only heard it once. It's amazing what you remember when it's tied to a strongly emotional event.

Grislygus May 29th, 2011 02:29 PM

Yeah, the human brain is sure amazing

Pram Maven May 29th, 2011 02:42 PM

The mind is INCREDIBLE! As deep and mysterious as outer space. And there's still so much we don't know about it.

Esuohlim May 29th, 2011 02:51 PM

:|

Fathom Zero May 29th, 2011 03:07 PM

If it's any consolation, Gris, you're welcome to join me at my beach house on the sixth.

Of course, you'd have to be able to shirk all responsibility and find a plane to Virginia Beach, but I think that's a small price to pay for my company.

Chojin May 29th, 2011 03:31 PM

http://www.4degreez.com/misc/persona...sorder_test.mv

welp, the results are in an i'm apparently a terrible person

Quote:

Originally Posted by antisocial
Quick Summary:
A common misconception is that antisocial personality disorder refers to people who have poor social skills. The opposite is often the case. Instead, antisocial personality disorder is characterized by a lack of conscience. People with this disorder are prone to criminal behavior, believing that their victims are weak and deserving of being taken advantage of. Antisocials tend to lie and steal. Often, they are careless with money and take action without thinking about consequences. They are often agressive and are much more concerned with their own needs than the needs of others.

Symptoms of Antisocial Personality Disorder:
-Disregard for the feelings of others
-Impulsive and irresponsible decision-making
-Lack of remorse for harm done to others
-Lying, stealing, other criminal behaviors
-Disregard for the safety of self and others

Quote:

Originally Posted by narcissistic
Quick Summary:
Narcissistic personality disorder is characterized by self-centeredness. Like histrionic disorder, people with this disorder seek attention and praise. They exaggerate their achievements, expecting others to recongize them as being superior. They tend to be choosy about picking friends, since they believe that not just anyone is worthy of being their friend. Narcissists tend to make good first impressions, yet have difficulty maintaining long-lasting relationships. They are generally uninterested in the feelings of others and may take advantage of them.

Symptoms of Narcissistic Personality Disorder:
-Requires excessive praise and admiration
-Takes advantage of others
-Grandiose sense of self-importance
-Lack of empathy
-Lying, to self and others
-Obsessed with fantasies of fame, power, or beauty

my reaction to an internet test calling me every name under the sun for respecting myself and disregarding the feelings of idiots:

why do i suspect a woman wrote this

Pub Lover May 29th, 2011 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esuohlim (Post 723446)
:|

Locking his thread made this the most tempting alternative. Look at him go. I hope you're all so goddamn proud.

Kitsa May 29th, 2011 03:41 PM

I'm antisocial, avoidant and obsessive-compulsive.

Kitsa May 29th, 2011 03:44 PM

It also said "schizoid", which it characterized as "humorless loner". Is that me?

Chojin May 29th, 2011 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitsa (Post 723452)
It also said "schizoid", which it characterized as "humorless loner". Is that me?

i'm pretty sure that's a misdiagnosis for anyone who's crafted a dick cake

Chojin May 29th, 2011 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pub Lover (Post 723450)
Locking his thread made this the most tempting alternative. Look at him go. I hope you're all so goddamn proud.

i didn't do it. if it were up to me it'd still be in GB

also i just noticed pram was posting again

my guess is he'll take the test and somehow break it

Kitsa May 29th, 2011 03:48 PM

I believe the survey's key flaw is interpreting all traits, without explanation, as hallmarks of disorder.

Chojin May 29th, 2011 03:52 PM

yeah, it pegged me for "paranoid" i think because i said i don't trust people in groups to do their jobs. i would be awfully naive if i didn't feel that way.

Kitsa May 29th, 2011 03:53 PM

I also said I didn't trust people, mainly because whenever I had a lab partner or a "report partner" or whatever I was CONSISTENTLY DICKED OVER EVERY SINGLE TIME.

Fathom Zero May 29th, 2011 04:05 PM

But the 4Degreez Interactive Community "for teenagers and twenty-somethings" couldn't possibly be wrong.

Pram Maven May 29th, 2011 04:06 PM

Hmmmm...

Disorder Rating Information
Paranoid: Very High more info | forum
Schizoid: High more info | forum
Schizotypal: High more info | forum
Antisocial: Moderate more info | forum
Borderline: Very High more info | forum
Histrionic: High more info | forum
Narcissistic: High more info | forum
Avoidant: Very High more info | forum
Dependent: Very High more info | forum
Obsessive-Compulsive: High more info | forum

It doesn't say anything...

Pram Maven May 29th, 2011 04:08 PM

Oh, nevermind, the spaces are just gone.

OKAY!

Pub Lover May 29th, 2011 04:09 PM

Kitsa May 29th, 2011 04:15 PM

All behaviors are signs of a problem :themoreyouknow

Pram Maven May 29th, 2011 04:18 PM

Major Depression: Very Slight
Dysthymia: Slight
Bipolar Disorder: Slight
Cyclothymia: Very Slight
Seasonal Affective Disorder: Slight
Postpartum Depression: N/A
Copy Results to Web Site or Journal:

The code above will display your result box if you copy and paste it

Sweeeeet deal.

It says I'm not depressed after having a baby.

Pub Lover May 29th, 2011 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitsa (Post 723463)
All behaviors are signs of a problem :themoreyouknow

They are when talking about me. :faint

elx May 29th, 2011 04:20 PM

........what is wrong with you people.