I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   What are you playing right now? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69697399)

King Hadas Oct 27th, 2008 07:41 PM

Played Bioshock, I enjoyed it. It's not a game you play more than once though. If I had payed a full $50 for it I think I'd be pretty pissed of right now.

OxBlood Oct 30th, 2008 05:34 AM

Since Fallout is delayed till next week (curse you, fucking person who messed it up but which I rely on for uncut UK-Versions of games), I guess I´ll play Dead Space. Again. For the forth time. Maybe on impossible.

Or the second episode of the penny arcade game, I liked the first one mostly.

M. Blaze Nov 1st, 2008 12:35 AM

Right now I'm having a blast with Saints Row 2. It's like an anti-GTA4 - loud, brash, completely over the top, you can customize everything, the graphics are bright and colorful, and the whole thing is perfect mindless fun. I don't mean that GTA IV is bad in any way (I think it's a fantastic game with a great storyline and characters, no doubt about that), but somehow I find SR2 more enjoyable to play.

I also got Fallout 3 which seems really great, and also started Persona 3: FES again. Good times.

Phoenix Gamma Nov 2nd, 2008 01:22 AM

Downloaded Metal Slug Anthology for the PSP. I only played a little of MSX at Gamestop when it was still new, and a flash version online, so I wanted to try the entire series.

I really like it, and some of the different levels are just crazy. Hard as fuck; I really need unlimited continues right now.

Big McLargehuge Nov 3rd, 2008 02:28 AM

i am finally playing oblivion, i have had it for a while but put it off cause i got bored about ten hours into morrowind. so far it is much better.

Zomboid Nov 4th, 2008 03:13 AM

Playing Jade Empire again. It's a really good, if somewhat short game.

Guitar Woman Nov 5th, 2008 09:08 PM

Grim Fandango.

It's love :<

Also, THAT'S NOT ON FIRE, THAT'S NOT ON FIRE, THAT'S NOT ON FIRE, THAT'S NOT ON FIRE, THAT'S NOT ON FIRE, THAT'S NOT ON FIRE, THAT'S NOT ON FIRE, THAT'S NOT ON FIRE, THAT'S NOT ON FIRE, THAT'S NOT ON FIRE, THAT'S NOT ON FIRE, THAT'S NOT ON FIRE, THAT'S NOT ON FIRE, THAT'S NOT ON FIRE, THAT'S NOT ON FIRE

10,000 Volt Ghost Nov 5th, 2008 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoenix Gamma (Post 591521)
Downloaded Metal Slug Anthology for the PSP. I only played a little of MSX at Gamestop when it was still new, and a flash version online, so I wanted to try the entire series.

I really like it, and some of the different levels are just crazy. Hard as fuck; I really need unlimited continues right now.

Some of the best games made.

MetalMilitia Nov 6th, 2008 05:28 AM

Mostly FarCry 2 but I just ordered Left 4 Dead on steam as the demo is released today for people that pre-order.

It's really bad because I've got a ton of work on at the moment and a new Valve game is really the last thing I should be buying. I tried to ignore it's impending release but earlier I started feeling extremely anxious and pre-ordered it on Steam. I'm weak :(

timrpgland Nov 6th, 2008 10:07 AM

Quote:

Good choice.

I've been playing a bit of NWN2 again. Still messing with Fallout 3 as well.

Phoenix Gamma Nov 6th, 2008 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost (Post 592327)
Some of the best games made.

No way. They're too unfair. Not even necessarily hard; MS6 is absurd by the last mission; one screen is entirely covered with enemies who then proceed to fire bullets and cover the screen a second time. At least Contra is reasonable in enemy and bullet placement.

MetalMilitia Nov 6th, 2008 02:13 PM

Downloaded the Left 4 Dead demo. Awesome game - only really let down by the lack of dedicated servers at this stage. I don't know if it's the AI director or what but there seems to be a lot of processing overhead when hosting a game. My PC is a couple of years old so I'm not exactly on the bleeding edge but I'd still like to think it's reasonably fast system - it was fast enough to host a Synergy server anyway.

Either way they've got the guns and enemies just right. Zombie purists may take issue with the fast, easy to kill, "Dawn of the dead" type zombies but I think they're perfect for this type of game. Great looking game too - lots of post processing and such to make it extremely cinematic.

I think it's safe to assume Valve have another hit on their hands.

Guitar Woman Nov 6th, 2008 03:38 PM

Getting shot?

In Metal Slug?

No such thing.

Phoenix Gamma Nov 7th, 2008 12:04 AM

5 stages = 27 continues x 3 lives = shot 81 times in a complete playthrough, all of which happened in the final two stages.

:(

I'm going back to Contra 4. I think I can beat it on hard now.

OxBlood Nov 7th, 2008 02:41 AM

FarCry 2, Fallout 3, Gears of war 2 and if the mail wasn´t so slow Order of Ecclesia

MetalMilitia Nov 7th, 2008 05:44 PM

Left 4 Dead is seriously one of the best games I've played in a long time. The server issues are sorted since they added a server browser (type "openserverbrowser" in console) and now it's just fantastic. Make sure you vote expert though as it makes it much more suspenseful. In the two days I've been playing I've had so many "oh shit" moments let alone "OH SHIT!" moments.

Maxilor Nov 7th, 2008 05:56 PM

Is the game as fast-paced as they say or has it slowed down? When it comes to making quick decisions in video games I usually curl up into a ball and panic.

:faint

10,000 Volt Ghost Nov 7th, 2008 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoenix Gamma (Post 592552)
5 stages = 27 continues x 3 lives = shot 81 times in a complete playthrough, all of which happened in the final two stages.

:(

I'm going back to Contra 4. I think I can beat it on hard now.

I felt like I made an unfair statement then. Me and a friend rented it for PS2 and I think it came with unlimited continues so it wasn't frustrating for me.

A different friend and I have been trying to beat Contra: Shattered Solider 2 player mode to get the good ending. We only play it while drinking and have yet to do it.....someday.

Phoenix Gamma Nov 7th, 2008 10:30 PM

I used unlimited continues too, because that's the only way you can beat a Metal Slug without having each and every enemy memorized.

Deleted it off of my memory stick. I'm giving MGS:PO another shot.

Ant10708 Nov 8th, 2008 04:15 PM

I always thought Metal Slug was a game you were suppose to use continues. Me and my friends normally just run and gun and don't worry about dying.

MetalMilitia Nov 9th, 2008 08:48 PM

Over the weekend I clocked in about 14 hours of L4D demo. Considering the demo contains only two fairly short maps when the full game is released it'll probably consume all my free time.

It's so frigging awesome though.

Phoenix Gamma Nov 10th, 2008 05:02 PM

Just beat Metal Gear: Portable Ops. I learned to love it once I got over the fact that there's not a lot to do in the environments. Plus the load times are outrageously microscopic.

Waiting for PO+ to finish downloading so I can get more allies :D

Do people still play PO+ online? I wanna try multiplayer sometime.

Asila Nov 10th, 2008 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zomboid (Post 591846)

I love that game :(

I'm switching between Fallout 3 and Fatal Frame 2. I only play one horror game a year because I'm a pussy

pac-man Nov 13th, 2008 01:54 PM

Vigilante 8 Arcade.

Dr. Boogie Nov 13th, 2008 02:44 PM

Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia. It may very well be the best DS Castlevania ever.