I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   What are you playing right now? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69697399)

Fathom Zero Jun 28th, 2009 08:13 PM

Infamous: Hard Mode is HARD.

bigtimecow Jun 28th, 2009 10:13 PM

i know :( medium was hard enough. and being evil made things a bit easier because i could just bio leech anyone and regain all my energy back. this is going to suck :(

Zomboid Jun 29th, 2009 03:11 AM

TMNT: Turtles in Time RESHELLED is scheduled to hit xbox live arcade on the 22nd. On the 1st, Worms Armageddon :O!!!!!

executioneer Jun 29th, 2009 05:46 AM

holy hand grenades, batman :o

10,000 Volt Ghost Jun 29th, 2009 01:04 PM

Can't wait for worms. We still play it on PS1 and the graphics start straining my eyes.

:CONCRETEDONKEY

MarioRPG Jun 29th, 2009 05:33 PM

It's about time to see that game get more love. Even though people still netplay it.

Nick Jun 29th, 2009 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathom Zero (Post 635707)
Infamous: Hard Mode is HARD.

I did so well on normal, the game bumped me up to hard and even gave me the hard mode trophy at the end. :3

bigtimecow Jun 29th, 2009 09:00 PM

by that do you mean that you got bumped up to hard after traveling underneath the bridge after the 2nd mission? because i think most people got that, asswipe

Fathom Zero Jun 30th, 2009 12:14 AM

Oh that's fucking gay.

All you have to do is forcibly suck the whole game, then have it up you to hard.

YOU SUCK. Also, I got Hard Mode at the end of the first mission.

timrpgland Jun 30th, 2009 12:31 AM

I still play GTAIV on a regular basis :/

MetalMilitia Jun 30th, 2009 06:37 AM

Still trying to play ARMA2 but it is very difficult.

I've got one other friend that plays so we usually get on Vent and just do our own thing. Obviously not trying to clear out a whole objective but we set ourselves tasks like taking out T90s and such. It's cool because at the main base you have a whole load of ammo boxes full with practically anything you could want - Javelin missiles, SMAWs, rifles, sniper rifles, satchel charges etc. So what we were doing last night was loading the boot on a Humvee full of weapons then driving to a wooded hill overlooking a tank concentration. After observing it for several minutes we took a few tentative shots at a patrolling T90, which alearted the enemy to our presence and ultimately led to us both getting killed. Fun though, and if we'd had a couple more squad mates we could've done a lot more damage.

bigtimecow Jun 30th, 2009 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathom Zero (Post 635863)
Oh that's fucking gay.

All you have to do is forcibly suck the whole game, then have it up you to hard.

YOU SUCK. Also, I got Hard Mode at the end of the first mission.

XACTLY DUED

Dr. Boogie Jun 30th, 2009 04:13 PM

I tried the demo for ArmA 2 the other day, but it ran like shit on my computer for some reason.

The point is it's MM's fault.

MetalMilitia Jun 30th, 2009 07:24 PM

Yeah a lot of people have been having performance problems. Apparently it's being worked on for the next patch. Though even with optimisations I still think it'll be a CPU/GPU/memory hog because of the huge amount of detail in the maps.

The other thing is I can't imagine much gets achieved in the demo as everyone will be inexperienced and it takes at least a couple of weeks of consistent play to find your feet in this game. To find good team-mates you'll probably need a full version (though even the full version is full of tossers).

Sam Jun 30th, 2009 08:24 PM

WRECKING FOOLS IN BLAZBLUE

JUGGLING HOT SHOTS GOLF 2 ON PSP AND THE NEW SMT ON DS

FistfulOAwesome Jun 30th, 2009 09:20 PM

Garou: Mark of the Wolves is quickly becoming a favorite of me and my brother's. The characters are all extremely well designed (i.e. they look like fighters (most of them, anyway) and are fun to play), the system works very well (sort-of like SF but with 4 buttons rather than 6), and the entire presentation is gorgeous. It almost feels like blasphemy to say that it might actually be better than SFIII (which currently holds my position for best fighter, but maybe not for much longer).

I just finished playing NSMB again. Sadly, my feelings haven't changed. It's still a disappointment for a Mario game. 16 years we wait, and all we get is a passable platformer. Mario shouldn't be passable, or adequate. He should be Glorious. I really hope Nintendo steps it up to their A game for NSMBW, because I honestly felt that the 2D sections of Galaxy felt more like 2D Mario than NSMB did.

I also finished Metroid Prime 3 again. I seriously underrated that game. While it is the worst of the Metroid Prime games (bosses, story, levels, item usage all step down in quality from the previous games), it's still damn good. The Grapple Lasso is featured prominently and is fun to use (though I wish it had more importance that it did. If they make a 4th 3D Metroid game maybe they'll find more use for it), there are still some nuggets of genius bosses and levels, and the soundtrack is Kenji Yamamoto's usual Atmospheric brilliance. The controls are absolutely fantastic. The Wii has no excuse not to have fantastic FPS's when MP3 so clearly shows how an FPS should play on the console. They work so well that I'm going to buy the Trilogy so I don't have to feel weird playing Prime 1 and 2 later. Get the Trilogy when it comes out so you can play these 3 great games.

SFII: Remix still gets plenty of play. The designer of the game (David Sirlin (sirlin.net) did a fantastic job rebalancing the cast. They all play much better than they did in Super Turbo. He did so great that I felt no need to keep SFIV (sold it on eBay) since it paled in comparison. The ST and new art are great too.

Phoenix Gamma Jun 30th, 2009 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam (Post 636001)
WRECKING FOOLS IN BLAZBLUE

JUGGLING HOT SHOTS GOLF 2 ON PSP AND THE NEW SMT ON DS

FUCK YEA DEVIL SUMMONER IS AWESOME.
FOUR PARTIES OF THREE PYRO JACKS ON ONE MAP IS NOT SO AWESOME. GODDAMMIT STOP REFILLING ALL OF YOUR HP. OH JESUS YOU'RE BURNING MY ENTIRE PARTY NOW.

I'm also playing a certain rhythm game that I think LordSappington might like, but I'm to embarrassed to mention the name :(

Also, my copy of BlazBlue is an hour's drive away but they didn't deliver it, so I'm pretty bummed. Been killing the time with Madworld, which is pretty fun. The graphics make it hard to see, though.

Sam Jun 30th, 2009 11:51 PM

I keep on fusioning new demons on SMT:DS and then I feel like I just ruined my parties and freak out.

Are you going to play BlazBlue on 360 or PS3? :(

Phoenix Gamma Jul 1st, 2009 01:37 AM

I keep certain demons, but I try to balance the parties. What I do when I see a nice fusion is run to the Auction and just buy duplicates of what I need, then fuse those guys instead. That way I don't lose someone I might want to stick around.

I'm playing BlazBlue on PS3. Don't own a 360, but even if I did, the PS3 has a nicer D-Pad.

OxBlood Jul 1st, 2009 03:53 AM

Okay, so now it is Valkyria Chronicles and Knights in the Nightmare, which are both awesome. Ordered a Demon Souls from Hong Kong as well, I just hope it doesn´t get stuck in customs/toll (whatever the correct word may be in this sentence) again like Knights...BUT it came with the nice Artbook, which I didn´t expect, so it´s okay.

Phoenix Gamma Jul 1st, 2009 06:22 PM

BlahzBlue finally arrived after UPS dragged out a 10 minute trip for 6 hours :(

I kinda prefer Guilty Gear. It just feels like BB has less options and a slower pace. Maybe I just need to play around some more. The repetitive sound bites are also pretty annoying (YOU'RE NOT HUMAN! YOU'RE NOT HUMAN! MAJOR! MAJOR! OPTIC BARREL! OPTI-MAJOR!)

The art book was also pretty disappointing too; only 31 pages. I guess the print quality is nice, though. And the additional "how to play" disc is pretty handy.

Sam Jul 1st, 2009 06:34 PM

Figuring out how to get 100% in the story modes is going to be a pain in the ass. :(

Phoenix Gamma Jul 1st, 2009 06:36 PM

It's a visual novel, right? Just respond to things differently.

Sam Jul 1st, 2009 08:34 PM

YOU THINK THAT, UNTIL YOU DO EVERYTHING AND STILL DON'T HAVE 100% :rolleyes

Zomboid Jul 1st, 2009 08:38 PM

WORMS ARMAGEDDON!