I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   What are you playing right now? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69697399)

stevetothepast Jun 16th, 2009 12:35 PM

What's your impression on Prototype Dimnos, and did you get the new map pack for CoD?

Dimnos Jun 16th, 2009 02:03 PM

It was a little slow to start off. They have a prologue that is very linear and then the actual game starts up and the first few missions that are the tutorial are also rather linear. After all that crap though the game truly opens up to be a sandbox game and its quite bad ass. Im not really that far into yet, I just picked it up last night. But so far its great.

No I havnt picked up the new map pack yet. I will probably do that this weekend though.

stevetothepast Jun 16th, 2009 02:35 PM

The 2nd set is much better than the first map pack

Dimnos Jun 16th, 2009 02:44 PM

I would hope. The only reason I got the first pack was for the zombie map.

Dimnos Jun 17th, 2009 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimnos (Post 633767)
It was a little slow to start off. They have a prologue that is very linear and then the actual game starts up and the first few missions that are the tutorial are also rather linear. After all that crap though the game truly opens up to be a sandbox game and its quite bad ass. Im not really that far into yet, I just picked it up last night. But so far its great.The game OWNS! GO GET IT!

There that is better. Prototype, pick it up! :rock

bigtimecow Jun 17th, 2009 11:04 AM

i really want to purchase FFVII over psn, but i'm not sure if i can even dedicate myself to that. i start so many RPGs, get close to the end, and never finish. see mother3 and chrono trigger :( :( :(

Phoenix Gamma Jun 17th, 2009 01:23 PM

Tried Rakugaki Showtime today. It's a PSX game like Power Stone, except with an emphasis on throwing things (think super violent dodgeball) and a weird crayon art style. Also, Marina Liteyears is an unlockable character, which is pretty much the only reason I'm playing the game :D

I want to play Mischief Makers again, but my gamepad is broken and it's not on Virtual Console :(

Quote:

see mother3 and chrono trigger
Oh for fuck's sake.

Guitar Woman Jun 17th, 2009 03:20 PM

I still haven't touched Mother 3 after chapter 4 :\

Dr. Boogie Jun 17th, 2009 06:28 PM

That game you were harping on for months on the run-up to the release of the translation? Why the hell not?

MetalMilitia Jun 17th, 2009 06:29 PM

Because it's more important for guitar woman to be seen to be playing obscure jRPGs than for him to actually play them.

bigtimecow Jun 17th, 2009 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoenix Gamma (Post 633915)
Oh for fuck's sake.

;_;

bigtimecow Jun 17th, 2009 09:29 PM

i just beat infamous (YUP, FINISHED A GAME; well the main story anyway) and
Spoilers!

just like EVERYTHING in life, the ending always sucks major cock

Sam Jun 17th, 2009 09:59 PM

that's what you get for finishing a game. :(

Zomboid Jun 17th, 2009 11:08 PM

I'm playing Fallout 3 again. After hanging out with a buddy who had been playing it with the download packs, I decided to do the same.

Buuuut, I also played through Symphony of the Night and then Aria of Sorrow in the past couple weeks.

OxBlood Jun 18th, 2009 03:54 AM

Gotta say, I saw that Infamous-Twist coming as soon as I did some of the Deaddrop-Missions...just too obvious in some conversations. But a good game anyway.

Played Prototype for 4 hours yesterday and it doesn´t seem nearly as bad as some reviews make it look. Graphics are nothing special, so what? It´s a fun game to play so far. More fun than Red Faction I gotta admit.

stevetothepast Jun 18th, 2009 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MetalMilitia (Post 633988)
Because it's more important for guitar woman to be seen to be playing obscure jRPGs than for him to actually play them.

haha we all know the type

Fathom Zero Jun 19th, 2009 06:38 PM

I played Prototype and it's just so goddamn silly that I can't take it seriously. I've been playing the shit out of Ghostbusters, though.

Really, this game is abso-fucking-lutely beautiful. And it's so much fun.

I took a friend who had never seen the movies and put him into the game and he couldn't stop playing. He almost missed his college orientation he was that into it.

Nick Jun 20th, 2009 02:05 AM

I had fun with inFamous, now I'm tearing through Red Faction and Ghostbusters. They're quite good.

executioneer Jun 20th, 2009 08:08 AM

renting ghostbusters, idk the gameplay seems a little too repetitive for it to rank more than a c+ :/

Ant10708 Jun 20th, 2009 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathom Zero (Post 634500)
Really, this game is abso-fucking-lutely beautiful. And it's so much fun.

I took a friend who had never seen the movies and put him into the game and he couldn't stop playing. He almost missed his college orientation he was that into it.

What system are you playing it on? How is the story?

MarioRPG Jun 20th, 2009 12:32 PM

I started playing Lego Indiana Jones for some reason.

LordSappington Jun 20th, 2009 03:27 PM

I just started Mirror's Edge. That game's frickin' hard! I always run into a group of cops with shotguns, and before I can change directions my head is a smear on the ground.

Fathom Zero Jun 20th, 2009 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ant10708 (Post 634637)
What system are you playing it on? How is the story?

I have it on the PS3, which is the same as the 360 and PC version. The story is silly, and it's really a lot of fan-service thus far, as in "HERE. NOW WE HAVE TO FIGHT 'X-GHOST' FROM BEFORE IN A FAMILIAR PLACE." I dunno. I just finished up the Library, which is the third level and it's all about the Librarian from the first movie. The second big story fight is with the Stay Puft Marshmellow Man.

The story is alright for what it is.

LordSappington Jun 20th, 2009 10:01 PM

Scratch that, I just BEAT Mirror's Edge. I thought it was pretty amazing, if not short. The music was equally amazing.

OxBlood Jun 22nd, 2009 05:04 AM

Beat Prototype yesterday. Lame Boss, but a really nice game...waiting for Knights in the Nightmare to arrive from the depths of Hong Kong.