I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   TRANSFORMERS! (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26321)

incognit000 Jul 2nd, 2007 06:03 PM

TRANSFORMERS!

HAY GUYZ, GUESS WHO GOT TO SEE THE MOVIE TRANSFORMERS BEFORE ANYONE??? FOR FREE???

Oh my god it was SO BAD. So incredibly fucking bad.

BUT IT WAS SO FUNNY. I haven't laughed my ass off so much in years. The movie just never took itself at all seriously.

Audio summary of the experience is stored here:
http://data.furaffinity.net/art/rola...ansformers.mp3

Some, but not many, spoilers. Cus there's not much to spoil, really.

Emu Jul 2nd, 2007 06:32 PM

I'm not going to believe commentary from anyone who would host at furaffinity.

ItalianStereotype Jul 3rd, 2007 04:07 AM

just got back from the midnight showing and didn't so much cream myself as flat out drain my balls entirely.

DeadKennedys Jul 3rd, 2007 04:17 AM

Yiff in hell, furfag

ArrowX Jul 3rd, 2007 06:07 PM

Fuck you incognit00 it was an excellent popcorn flick! I don't know what you were expecting it to be, it was retarded switch off your brain fun. The best sequence in the entire movie was the tiny Cellphone guy in the box.

Creepy-critters Jul 3rd, 2007 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowX (Post 495489)
Fuck you incognit00 it was an excellent popcorn flick! I don't know what you were expecting it to be, it was retarded switch off your brain fun.

That's the most anyone has come to expect from Michael Bay. Anything more is just wishful thinking

ArrowX Jul 3rd, 2007 09:18 PM

The people against this movie are the ones who see the old transformers movie and television show as they remember it as a child. If most of the cry babies went back and watched the original series, or movie again they would be fucking appalled at the amount of animation and continuity errors present.

But I just need to point out that Blackouts shock wave laser or whatever was orgasmic.

GADZOOKS Jul 3rd, 2007 10:25 PM

That's coming from the guy who use to be gay for all things Gundam.

ArrowX Jul 4th, 2007 12:08 AM

not all things. just like most of it until it started to suck even by anime standards.

Regardless I fail to see what this has to do with my post.

MattJack Jul 4th, 2007 12:21 AM

Weellllllll I use to watch Transformers when I was a kid, I had the shirts, and I had the toys.

I just saw the movie and here is my opinion on it..

I actually really enjoyed the movie. It could have been rated R to be better (but what super hero/comic themed movie wouldn't?), but it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be at PG-13, or at any rating for that matter.

I went into the movie without any real expectations and I didn't assume that it would be 80s style either. Thank God it wasn't, it just would have been silly, a la most super hero/comic movies.

THE GOOD
I thought the action was awesome, the cgi was enough to make you nut your pants, when Optimus Prime showed up it obviously pulled on my childhood heartstrings, Starscream wasn't a let down at all,there was more killing than I expected, a few good laughs here and there, and really over all I would even see it again.

THE BAD
I felt that there was too many actors that they really could have done without. Due to so many actors they had to have a bunch of subplots, but you really didn't care too much about their characters after about 1/3 through the movie.
I thought the movie was AWESOME til about halfway through or so because it got kind of preachy.
You didn't really get to see the Decepticons til the end, which I suppose made up for itself in the final battle, but mehh.

Once again, I felt it was totally worth the 8 bucks or whatever, and I'd suggest going to see this film. Just don't go in thinking you will be seeing 1980s shit and everyone of your favorite characters.

Afterwards in the car, you can't help but be like, "...God wouldn't it be cool if my car was an Autobot?"

That kind of feeling of being 6 again made the movie worthwhile for me.

ArrowX Jul 4th, 2007 01:04 AM

Also I'm looking to find out the name of the trailer that aired before transformers. All I remember was it was a kind of shaky documentary style and had something throw the head of the Statue of Liberty into a group of people.

Ok the movie is called "cloverfield"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NNxP...watch_response

Fathom Zero Jul 4th, 2007 02:28 AM

Yuck. JJ Abrams.

Protoclown Jul 5th, 2007 01:13 PM

Wow, imagine my shock to discover that this movie TOTALLY SUCKED. It wasn't even the horrible character designs that were so offensive, it was the fact that none of the characters but Optimus Prime had any personality or character development whatsoever, and that the Autobots were turned into a bunch of incompetent bumbling retards. Also, a fucking COMPUTER VIRUS renders RADIOS unable to work? What the fuck was that?? What a fucking turd.

The old cartoons may be cheesy as hell and full of mistakes, but at least they're charming and fun in their own way, unlike the live action version. And the characters actually had CHARACTER in the old cartoon. I couldn't give a shit about this new version no matter how many sparkly explosions there were because I didn't care about any of the characters one little bit.

noob3 Jul 5th, 2007 06:13 PM

sounds like somone could have smoked some weed before seeing this movie

Fathom Zero Jul 5th, 2007 09:32 PM

Best visual effects and sound design in a movie I have ever seen. And Shia what'shisname isn't as annoying as I thought.

That said, the movie was terribly cheesy.

I want one of 'dem Nokias, though.

ArrowX Jul 6th, 2007 12:30 AM

upon second viewing my opinion that it was a fun movie hasn't changed.
But the movie could have been much more entertaining had they simply not filmed all of the action sequences from the on street perspective, its like bay didn't realize that "oh shit they wont' even fit in frame for 3/4 of the time" so all it felt way to claustrophobic.

SPOILERS!
If Bay decided to hire some editors, most noticeably the Fate of Barricade (the Police car) hes shown pretty fucked up and seemingly paralyzed but hes present for the freeway chase but doesn't actually fight at the end of the movie. According to the script he was killed in the fight with bumblebee. We don't' know what happened to Scorpinock either.

SPOILERS END

Am I the only one who through the only transformer who received any real personality was Frenzy(cd player)? I loved most of his sequences because he was the only one who you really got to know. At least his name is applicable to his personality.

HickMan Jul 6th, 2007 01:33 AM

I just got back from it a while ago. It was pretty fun to watch. I never followed the comics or the cartoons. I had a couple toys but that was about it when I was a kid. But this movie was a good ol' time.

Protoclown Jul 6th, 2007 12:34 PM

Yeah, Arrow X, I couldn't follow the action in the fight scenes half the time. It was one random jumble of robot parts against another (and I had a hard enough time telling the Decepticons apart anyway). I don't recall what happened to any of the Decepticons except for Megatron and Starscream. Oh, and that VoltronLion guy that Prime fought. I mean, I know the good guys took down some of them, but I don't really know which ones.

Fathom Zero Jul 6th, 2007 02:11 PM

The best fight for me was between Optimus and Bonecrusher on the highway. That was awesome, but tooooo short.

This is a great summer movie.

MattJack Jul 6th, 2007 02:26 PM

I have to agree on the gay camera angles, they did get rather annoying at some points.

I thought Frenzy's little ninja star throwing skills were badass.

lol I know I wasn't suppose to, but I did get a good laugh out of the main girl trying to be a badass in the end.

"Yea.. I got a record.. a JUVI record.. nevermind the fact all that will go away when I'm 18. I'm bad... real bad.. my father is on probabtion, srsly, I'm trouble."

:lol

Bitch shut up and go look fine somewhere.

Immortal Goat Jul 7th, 2007 12:26 PM

After 2 viewings and purchasing an Autobot sticker for the hood of my car, I have come to the conclusion that this movie is completely awesome, and I can't wait for the sequels, let alone the DVD release of this one.

Zomboid Jul 7th, 2007 04:54 PM

You still have a spiderman 3 banner. What the fuck do you know about what's good? :O

HickMan Jul 8th, 2007 01:18 AM

My brother just got his ass handed to him

Zomboid Jul 8th, 2007 10:24 PM

From what I remember, I enjoyed it overall but some things really shouldn't have made it in. What is the fucking point of the bike wheel cam part, for example? Also, anthony anderson is playing his usual annoying black stereotype self.

Starscream was awesome.

Protoclown Jul 9th, 2007 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zomboid (Post 495896)
Starscream was awesome.

The part where he was hanging in the trees munching on bananas and flinging his feces at Autobots was great :(