I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   A Roger question. (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69705003)

Guitar Woman Sep 10th, 2010 12:20 AM

A Roger question.

A while ago, while you were pimping that all-night Epilepsy Foundation charity/party/thing you were in for TheStream.TV, I tuned in for a few hours and there was an exceptionally interesting guy hanging around while you'd left for the night.

He kinda looked like Andre the Giant's illegitimate son with an Irish woman, also had the most epic pair of mutton chops I've ever seen. I think he slapped one of the other hosts at one point because they were bored and decided to hit each other. Might also be referred to as "Captain Africa," and told a really awesome story about his time as a photojournalist over there.

So, yeah, who the fuck was that guy, and where can I see more of his shenanigans? Does anyone know?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_cYEsra9pM

About the 6 minute mark.

Mockery Sep 10th, 2010 12:49 AM

Not sure why you didn't just email this question, but that would be my buddy Andrew McGregor. I did an improvised bit during that streamathon with him about his mutton chops among other things. Really nice guy and he's the founder of the Los Angeles Chessboxing club. http://www.lachessboxing.com

You're welcome... stalker.

Guitar Woman Sep 10th, 2010 12:59 AM

Who the fuck even reads email?

I would have posted this in the Questions forum or in the chat thread, but the same logic applied.

I'm totally not a stalker, I just think that in the study of Journalism, it is important to be hep to the almost-famous personalities with cool-ass portfolios. Anyway, thanks, Rog, you're pretty much the coolest

Tadao Sep 10th, 2010 02:07 AM

Rog, did you know about this?

Mockery Sep 10th, 2010 02:17 AM

I do now :x

So who else has "A Roger question" for me? Now's your chance to get those questions you've been dying to hear the answers to for countless years!

kahljorn Sep 10th, 2010 02:46 AM

DEAR ROGER,

HOWSA IT GOIN?

Fathom Zero Sep 10th, 2010 03:54 AM

DEAR ROGER,

DO YOU LIKE CORDUROY AND/OR PAISLEY?

Also, I'm into chessboxin'. Stuff's great.

Guitar Woman Sep 10th, 2010 04:19 AM

hey man you like booberry and shit

Zhukov Sep 10th, 2010 07:07 AM

Hey Roger what's your favourite time of year?

10,000 Volt Ghost Sep 10th, 2010 09:00 AM

How long did it take to fully adjust living on the west coast after living on the east coast for so long?

Dimnos Sep 10th, 2010 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tadao (Post 697579)
Rog, did you know about this?

These = The penance of human society.

Mockery Sep 10th, 2010 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kahljorn (Post 697581)
DEAR ROGER, HOWSA IT GOIN?

It'sa goin' aok, buddy. Halloween season 'tis upon us, and I'm already having a lot o' fun.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathom Zero (Post 697585)
DEAR ROGER,

DO YOU LIKE CORDUROY AND/OR PAISLEY?

Also, I'm into chessboxin'. Stuff's great.

I used to LOVE corduroy pants when I was a kid. I would purposefully stand in place while running fast as I can just to make noise with the pants. Don't think I ever owned anything with a paisley pattern though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 697586)
hey man you like booberry and shit

That's the word on the street. You can always trust the word on the street.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zhukov (Post 697589)
Hey Roger what's your favourite time of year?

My favourite time of the year is when I get to type "favourite" instead of "favorite" in a sentence. So my favourite time of the year is apparently now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost (Post 697597)
How long did it take to fully adjust living on the west coast after living on the east coast for so long?

It definitely wasn't an immediate thing. When we first moved out here, we moved to Glendale into a temporary month-to-month apartment because we had no idea where we wanted to live. The movers kept all of our stuff in storage for months until we figured out where we wanted to live. Until then, we were sleeping on an inflatable mattress, ate dinner on the floor, and the only furniture we had was a wobbly folding card table for each computer. Eventually, we settled on moving into a place in Burbank, and we loved it there, but decided to move to WeHo (loved it there too) about a year later. It wasn't until we were in West Hollywood for a year or two that we were both fully adjusted to living out here. I think I adjusted faster because I generally hate cold winter weather, and the constant 70 degrees with no humidity perfection that they have out here was very welcome.

Still, coming from a place as boring as Richmond, VA... it was a big adjustment. I just wasn't used to having so many options for things to do, places to eat, and locations to visit. So yeah, life got way busier in many ways. Taking my time to drive across the country with Re was the most fun I've had in my entire life and I hope to do it again some day. I'm really glad we came out here and, even for a nomad like me, it's hard to imagine living anywhere outside of California now.

Spetsnaz Sep 10th, 2010 03:20 PM

Dear Roger,

"Pam" and I have been friends since childhood, when we attended preschool together. Our backgrounds are similar and we share the same religious views.
About two months ago, Pam suddenly stopped speaking to me. I have wracked my brain and honestly have no idea why. I have called, e-mailed and sent her letters to which she tersely replied, "Leave me alone."

I'm sick over it and don't know what to do. My kids love Pam and I adore her children and family. I cannot for the life of me imagine what would cause her to discard our friendship with no explanation.

I heard through the neighborhood grapevine that people suspect there must have been some kind of infidelity involved -- such as Pam's husband hitting on me or mine on her. According to one neighbor, "It's the only plausible reason" a friendship like ours would end so abruptly. I am beside myself. What should I do? -- HAVEN'T A CLUE IN SOVIET RUSSIA

Mockery Sep 10th, 2010 04:41 PM

Dear Spetsnaz,

Sounds like you and your husband and Pam and her husband need to all get together, swingers style, and just get it out of the way already. Then you can return to being normal friends in Soviet Russia who laugh all day and play Tetris while drinking fine vodka.

Chojin Sep 10th, 2010 04:45 PM

when can you get back to making sites that mock people on i-mockery

Pentegarn Sep 10th, 2010 04:47 PM

Dear Roger,

Why have these?

When these are available?

Mockery Sep 10th, 2010 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chojin (Post 697659)
when can you get back to making sites that mock people on i-mockery

Dear Chojin,

I can do that as soon as I finish building my time machine that will transport me back to the times when I still actually wanted to spend my days writing about various music scenes and mocking them, instead of bad movies, toys, games and anything else like I do these days. That ship sailed long ago my friend. I don't believe in working on something beyond the point of your genuine interest in it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pentegarn (Post 697662)
Dear Roger,

Why have these?

When these are available?

Dear Pentegran,

I wouldn't eat either of those. Little known fact: I don't actually eat pickles at all, they just amuse me for some reason. I do love some good Lays Salt & Fresh Ground Pepper Krinkle Cut potato chips though :O

Pentegarn Sep 10th, 2010 04:59 PM

Dear Roger,

I too hate the taste of pickles, yet I recommend those grippos. They are a decent chip.

Your salt and pepper chips are good as well.

Might I recommend kettle cooked sea salt and vinegar chips as well?

Mockery Sep 10th, 2010 05:31 PM

Dear Pentegarn,

Not a fan of salt & vinegar chips, but I do like the jalapeno kettle chips they make. Tasty, tasty.

Tadao Sep 10th, 2010 06:15 PM

You don't have to eat a pickle to enjoy it. :orgasm

Mockery Sep 10th, 2010 06:35 PM

:picklehat

Shadowdancer21b Sep 10th, 2010 08:44 PM

Dear RoG,

Any chance of a fun review of the D&D Jones Soda pack? I'd love to see what came out of it.

Mockery Sep 10th, 2010 09:07 PM

Dear Shadowdancer21b,

If the Jones Soda company or anybody else wants to send me it, I'd gladly review it. I don't think we'd do a new Extreme Beverage Testers piece though, as my extreme pals weren't extreme enough to move out to the West coast. But yeah, I'd gladly do a write-up about it still.

captain516 Sep 10th, 2010 09:48 PM

Dear Roger,
Who is your favorite Beatle?

Kitsa Sep 10th, 2010 10:12 PM

Dear Roger,

You remind me of Rev. Nørb sometimes a lot.