I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Iron Maiden (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3981)

Epigone Jun 14th, 2003 02:36 PM

Iron Maiden

Alright, no one fucking bitch if there is already a Maiden thread somewhere. I'm not taking the time to search for it if there is one.

This thread will be a discussion of the demigods known as Iron Maiden. I wanna see how many fans are in here. Also, I have a (shitty) review for Somewhere In Time pending, just so you all know.

So I guess I can start off with a classic question. Best Iron Maiden album? Many say Number Of The Beast or Powerslave. I probably couldn't disagree more. My personal favorites would be a toss up between Piece Of Mind, Somewhere In Time, and Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son. And shit, how much fucking respect do they get for reeling Bruce and Adrian back in and totally going back to thier roots with Brave New World? Gotta love that.

So discuss away!

Ninjavenom Jun 14th, 2003 02:39 PM

Classic and Influential, but overrated.

Epigone Jun 14th, 2003 02:45 PM

I definetly don't think they are overrated, but I respect your opinion.

Grazzt Jun 16th, 2003 12:38 AM

One of my favourite bands, but far from gods.

The Retro Kat Jun 16th, 2003 12:43 AM

I hate you piggy.

But i love maiden.

And i hate piggy.

Epigone Jun 17th, 2003 08:24 PM

Don't hate me because I point out your stupidity. Hate me because I'm just plain old better than you.

The One and Only... Jun 17th, 2003 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ninjavenom
Classic and Influential, but overrated.

Grazzt Jun 17th, 2003 09:53 PM

Yes, he did write that. Good observational skills.

The Retro Kat Jun 19th, 2003 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Epigone
Don't hate me because I point out your stupidity. Hate me because I'm just plain old better than you.

Piggy, since when did you point out my stupidity. And like hell you are better than me, but we are mutual on Iron Maiden kicking ass.

Blackjack Jun 21st, 2003 06:29 PM

Piece of Mind and Seventh Son do rule - but I also really like Brave New World.

Favorite choons would be:

The Trooper
Flight of Icarus
Can I play with Madness
Tail Gunner
Wicker Man
Blood Brothers

And no, I haven't seen them live. I couldn't afford to go to Download Festival :(

The One and Only... Jun 21st, 2003 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grazzt
Yes, he did write that. Good observational skills.

I can tell you are not intelligent enough to use sarcasm. Therefore, I will point out to you that that was intended as a "me too" post.

Generator86 Jun 21st, 2003 09:13 PM

Piece of Mind is my fave, but I agree with Ninja on the overrated.

The Chief Jul 13th, 2003 06:48 PM

Me, I'm a Di'Anno-era Maiden fan, so I think anything beyond Maiden Japan is krap (just MHO of course). My take on it is this—with Di'Anno, they sounded totally unique; with Dickinson, they sounded like Judas Priest Jr.

NOTB is the best album Di'Anno never made. Imagine PDA singing the NOTB title track? Would've been awesome—no, mind-blowing.

And I absolutely HATED when Maiden overdubbed the "Wrathchild" track from Killers with Dickinson's vocals—he ain't tough enough to match Di'Anno's delivery.

My opinion on current band "Killers"? Too derivative of "modern" style, but at least he's working harder than Harris & Co.