I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   360 vs PS3 vs WII (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23075)

Chojin Nov 29th, 2006 05:32 PM

360 vs PS3 vs WII

WHAT THIS FORUM NEEDS IS SOME GOOD TATERS AND A HOLY WARS THREAD!

These stolen trackers (as seen in hundreds of fanboys' gay 3-page signatures around the intertubes) should update automatically, giving this thread eternal life. Right? Right.

I have a Wii and I love it to death :< Later I plan to get a 360 for the handful of games I like and for classy, polished online play. And so I can scream at strangers on the internet to prepare me for the day I leave my house. I don't forsee a PS3 in my future, as I am not gay enough for any franchise to lay down $600 just to play their games, and I don't see any way I could get my fiancée into it.

YOUR THOUGHTS.

the_dudefather Nov 29th, 2006 05:40 PM

yay for 360! i gots one and a bunch of games
yay for Wii! I will have one hopefully by this time next week
yay for PS3! will probably have a bunch of decent games by the time a slimline version comes out

boo for 360! high chance of death, I always feel like it will die at any second
boo for Wii! gimmicky controls? and possible game droughts
boo for ps3! definite game drought for now at least

Emu Nov 29th, 2006 05:51 PM

i have not played any of these systems

Archduke Tips Nov 29th, 2006 05:54 PM

Guitar Hero on PS2 is all I need.

ArrowX Nov 29th, 2006 06:09 PM

Wii= Definitely

360= As soon as possible

PS3= Probably the the same way I acquired my Dreamcast FOR FREE!

Esuohlim Nov 29th, 2006 09:34 PM

I wanted to try out the Wii at GameStop but you had to ask the guy at the register for the controller so I was like pshh no

Yggdrasill Nov 29th, 2006 09:40 PM

this guy working in a store nearby thought he was hot shit or something and said i'm living in the past when I told him i'm buying a Wii soon. He then explained how the graphics on Ps3 are now the most realistic ever and stuff about microchips, and more games and I don't know I just wanted to pay for my stuff. He was real sincere though like if I don't get a Ps3 it would be the biggest mistake in my life.

Zomboid Nov 29th, 2006 09:45 PM

TREE SITTY ALL THE WAY :O

I'm happy with it for now and can't see myself gettin a wii at all. PS3 once it drops in price a lot, maybe.

Supafly345 Nov 29th, 2006 09:55 PM

Even if it costed the same as the wii, I probably wouldn't be getting a PS3. And if I didn't ahve a 360 already I would be getting a wii right now.

zeldasbiggestfan Nov 29th, 2006 09:56 PM

The wii because its cheap as hell and it has Zelda AND its alot more fun than the ps3 I think. So yeah.

ArrowX Nov 29th, 2006 09:58 PM

The Wii will only have Zelda for a little while, its a "limited release" for the Wii.

lol

http://www.gametrailers.com/umwatcher.php?id=23836

Yggdrasill Nov 29th, 2006 10:02 PM

that's really lame if true

eggyolk Nov 29th, 2006 11:01 PM

it has gamecube graphics apparently

Chojin Nov 29th, 2006 11:23 PM

Considering that sales are zelda are close to 1:1 with console sales, I daresay you're full of shit, Arrowx. Shit and CANDY.

Emu Nov 29th, 2006 11:24 PM

it does. twilight princess was one of nintendo's biggest cuntjobs in my opinion, because they pushed it back so they could have it for launch on the wii even though it has inferior graphics in terms of what the Wii is capable of and is basically a shafted gamecube game. and it's coming out on the gamecube in like a week anyway.

ArrowX Nov 29th, 2006 11:34 PM

Wait.....If Gamecube games are compatible with the Wii why not just release a gamecube version that gives the option of using the Wii style instead of produce 2 separate games!?

Also Links not a south paw anymore! >:

GADZOOKS Nov 29th, 2006 11:36 PM

XBOX 360: I don't want to play shooting games with 8 year old black kids who call me a pussy. Not to mention I don't want to be forced to get a HDTV.

PS3: Ridiculous price, I paid less for my laptop, and my laptop is pretty nice. The graphics might be pretty, but not almost 100 bucks a game pretty.

WII: I don't care about graphics at all, I'm all about fun. I heard the controller actually works well, but it doesn't take away from the fact their current lineup is terrible. I think the only game I would actually like is the one that comes with the system. Maybe when Mario comes out they will get better games, mario looks good. It will be a cold day in hell I pay 8 bucks for a super nintendo game that I would get for under 3 bucks at a Funcoland when they existed.

WHO'S THE WINNER? THEY ALL STINK

zeldasbiggestfan Nov 30th, 2006 12:10 AM

Hey stupidkraut. Guess what? I have Zelda. Just not the system so I dont have to worry about it. Yay. Sort of. I wanna fucking play it god fucking damnit.

Mockery Nov 30th, 2006 12:44 AM

While I obviously like the Wii better, it's naturally gonna have more sales than the PS3 right now because 1) There were more of them shipped and 2) It has a more affordable price tag. I'm sure the numbers will even out a bit more as time goes on, but yeah... with all the positive press it keeps getting, it's gonna be hard to stop the lil' Wii that could.

Yggdrasill Nov 30th, 2006 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zeldasbiggestfan
Hey stupidkraut. Guess what? I have Zelda. Just not the system so I dont have to worry about it. Yay. Sort of. I wanna fucking play it god fucking damnit.

I almost did that but then I thought, "who the fuck does that?"

Comrade Rocket Nov 30th, 2006 01:10 AM

in my book it goes Wii, 360 and the ps3.

mainly because of price. i will get a 360 for live and for games like bioshock and stuff like that. I see a ps3 in my future but it will probably be like how i got my xbox, 3 years after release when it was dirt cheap for a new system and all the good and "Must have" games are already out and prolly cheap.

Esuohlim Nov 30th, 2006 01:33 AM

That's what I did for N64, except I waited five years and got it and a bunch of games for $100

None of these new consoles seem like they need my immediate attention. All I really wanted for the last few years was the new Zelda and that's coming out for Gamecube anyway :/

thebiggameover Nov 30th, 2006 02:30 AM

i want a 360 so bad. all the best shit is on it right now and xbox live is so good. there is no 3rd party games for the ps3 right now, and i just wnat to wait on the wii untill more shit comes out for it....

DuFresne Nov 30th, 2006 02:55 AM

I would probably go for the 360 if I totally didn't want to take a risk, as it's the obvious middle-ground of the three consoles, but I have faith that Wii offerings are going to start really kicking ass once developers learn the technology. PS3 is out because I'm poor.

RaNkeri Nov 30th, 2006 05:23 AM

I'd definately pick Wii, just because I'd be able to play oldschool games with it :|