I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   What are you playing right now? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69697399)

Fathom Zero Jul 17th, 2011 06:54 AM

It's a cool melee FPS. But it makes bad decisions sometimes, I think. Part of me says it tries too hard to be weird.

Dr. Boogie Jul 17th, 2011 12:02 PM

I liked Zeno Clash. It didn't seem like it was that weird. It was downright Dr. Seuss-ian at times, but with more violence.

Fathom Zero Jul 17th, 2011 12:56 PM

I remember it feeling very much like a mod on the PC. But then I didn't get that vibe on the 360 version, so I dunno.

I'm excited for the studio's next game, Rock of Ages.

Their style's pretty wicked.

creeposaurus Jul 17th, 2011 02:44 PM

Sailor Moon RPG

Guitar Woman Jul 17th, 2011 08:25 PM

Don't get Monday Night Combat.

LordSappington Jul 18th, 2011 03:25 AM

Addicted to TF2 trading and Minecraft.
Again.
Dunno what the hell is up with them; it's like once I start playing again, I'm suddenly fixated on building awesome houses in cliffs, and making trades.

k0k0 Jul 18th, 2011 04:12 AM

I couldn't get into minecraft, but a similar game, Terraria, got me hooked. It's like a minecraft castlevania baby.

LordSappington Jul 18th, 2011 04:46 AM

I'll stick with Minecraft.

Mad Melvin Jul 18th, 2011 05:54 AM

Minecraft is rapidly evolving into a really great game. The thing that bugs me most about it, is the lack of a goal. It's fun to build deep mines and castles for a while, but I would like to have some sort of a point to all that. Like achievements and shit.

OxBlood Jul 18th, 2011 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k0k0 (Post 732446)
I couldn't get into minecraft, but a similar game, Terraria, got me hooked. It's like a minecraft castlevania baby.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LordSappington (Post 732448)
I'll stick with Minecraft.

Both games are great but they do different things. Terraria is not so much about building stuff than about adventuring, but I guess sometime around this year, Mojang will add it.

Zhukov Jul 18th, 2011 11:27 AM

Just finished Oot on 3ds, so now I'm playing through Twilight Princess in the hopes that the next Zelda game will be ready on the exact date I finish it.

LordSappington Jul 18th, 2011 05:34 PM

Yeah, Minecraft is getting anther update, which will add a TON of new shit, and pretty soon will be getting Adventure Mode, thus making it the full game. He'll probably still add stuff.
http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Upcoming_features

On a related note, I miss the Seecret Friday Updates. :(

Fathom Zero Jul 18th, 2011 05:36 PM

KUNAI STAB KUNAI STAB KUNAI STAB 69x

Mad Melvin Jul 19th, 2011 06:51 PM

I bought the four add-on cases for L.A. Noire. The quality seems to be equal to the main game and the characters get a bit more fleshed out. Nice.

darkvare Jul 19th, 2011 08:12 PM

how do you take steam screenshots?

LordSappington Jul 19th, 2011 09:17 PM

F12

Zhukov Jul 19th, 2011 09:37 PM

PrtSc

darkvare Jul 19th, 2011 11:26 PM

thanks i'm gonna take pictures of my slutty character in the games dance club

OxBlood Jul 20th, 2011 05:30 AM

I´m playing Dungeons of Dredmor, a kind of streamlined Roguelike. 4 Bucks on Steam and hell is it a fun game. 3 Difficulties optional Permadeath for those among us that want to practice a bit, you chose 7 from 30-something skills to build your little dude. Can be any combination from Armor-wearing Fleshmancers to Golem-summoning Math-wizzes to Martial-Arts-Bloodmages. Lots of loot, lots of crafting, shops, Monster Zoos, random Dungeons of course, nice and easy interface, a lot of humor...very good game and for 4 bucks it´s a steal.

Now excuse me, my nordic Berserker-Fungusmancer-Axepoet-Guy needs to kill this robotic asshole and plant Mushrooms on his rusting corpse :)

Lutefisk for the Lutefisk God!!

OxBlood Jul 21st, 2011 04:49 AM

Nice, my EDF Insect Armageddon finally arrived. I love that series :)

k0k0 Jul 21st, 2011 07:22 AM

You get it on Xbox 360 or PS3? I got it and beat it with 2 classes, trooper and tactical. Tactical isn't too great, but I enjoy trooper. I'm working on beating it on Hard when I get the time. It's not as great as 2017, in my opinion, but it's still pretty addictive.

Zomboid Jul 21st, 2011 07:44 AM

Finished Honest Hearts in New Vegas. So much better than Dead Money, but the companions this time around were terrible--that was the one thing that Dead Money had going for it. I got incredibly annoyed with that Follows-Chalk guy repeating the same shit over and over again. I had to reload the first time I met him because I blew him away with a gauss rifle, thinking he was a bad guy; in retrospect, I shouldn't have reloaded.

I think I'll start the newest DLC tomorrow.

OxBlood Jul 21st, 2011 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k0k0 (Post 732902)
You get it on Xbox 360 or PS3? I got it and beat it with 2 classes, trooper and tactical. Tactical isn't too great, but I enjoy trooper. I'm working on beating it on Hard when I get the time. It's not as great as 2017, in my opinion, but it's still pretty addictive.

360. For some odd reason, the release is on the 22nd over here. I only played the first 3 Missions mostly with the Trooper-Armor but I´m not sure which one to use for the first playthrough...probably either Battle or Jet, those are fun :)

What makes 2017 the better game in your opinion? I´ve played that one too back in the day, wonderful game. IA has less levels, right? Only something around 15 as far as I´ve heard?

k0k0 Jul 21st, 2011 10:07 AM

There's less levels, less enemies on screen at once (they supplement this by having enemies spawn one after another to make it seem like there are), less giant enemies, and while I like the class system, the 300 weapons listed are divided up between the classes, so it's really only about 75 weapons per class. I liked being able to pick up the health packs in order to raise my health and 'level up' rather than being set with levels. Plus it doesn't seem like the new weapons come fast enough. Whenever there's a new weapon pickup, 1 out of 4 times it's for a class that you don't use. But that's not saying it isn't a really enjoyable game. It is.

OxBlood Jul 21st, 2011 11:55 AM

Interesting. I noticed the thing with the weapons. Got a gun and it says it´s for someone else AND even if I was playing that class, it´s Tier4 so I couldn´t use it anyway.

I was also a little irritated by the new health-system, I really liked the mini-grind you got into when trying to level up your health :)

Still, I´m happy that the series survives cause it deserves to survive :)

Guess I´m gonna play more Battle-Armor tonight.

k0k0 Jul 21st, 2011 01:15 PM

I'd suggest the battle armor. My roommate likes it a whole lot and I usually end up dying a lot more than him as the trooper, so the added bulk works. I just wish they gave the classes special abilities, but left it to where you can all use the same pool of weapons.

creeposaurus Jul 21st, 2011 01:37 PM

Science Papa

I like science and I wish my dad loved me

darkvare Jul 21st, 2011 06:27 PM

lol i heard the rumors but sounded so dumb so i doubt it would ever happen but they became truth

Fathom Zero Jul 21st, 2011 07:10 PM

THAT'S SICK

Zomboid Jul 21st, 2011 07:51 PM

Wow. It'd be absolutely perfect if it was Englund voicing him and it was the original Freddy, which it doesn't appear to be. Still awesome, though.

Dr. Boogie Jul 21st, 2011 07:56 PM

Been playing Dungeon Siege III. It's an interesting dungeon crawler. I think it stands on its own; they didn't need to slap the Dungeon Siege name on it just to sell it.

Also playing EDF: IA. Mostly I like it, but there are parts I don't like. Particularly the ending:

Spoilers!

The Jet armor has been my favorite, though. Just being able to move around and up into the air is great, especially with the helicopter being absent from the game. Takes a while to level it up enough that your jetpack has a decent amount of thrust, plus I don't understand why your jetpack energy has to be tied to your weapons reloading.

My friend and I played through the campaign on normal, then remix on hard. He went Battle armor and seemed to die less often, mainly because it comes with that shockwave ability that renders you temporarily invulnerable (and kills any nearby allies).

k0k0 Jul 21st, 2011 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Boogie (Post 732993)

Spoilers!

The endings get better as you beat it on higher difficulties. What you got was the worst ending. A pain in the ass, I know, because it's going to make me end up playing it until I beat it on inferno.

Dr. Boogie Jul 21st, 2011 09:40 PM

But the second ending is only slightly different. Unless beating inferno unlocks some epic boss fight, I don't see how it could possibly improve on it.

k0k0 Jul 21st, 2011 09:44 PM

Honestly, I haven't gotten to that point yet. I just thought the first ending was shit and checked online to find that information. I've been sitting in level 1-4 (ditchslap) and leveling up my dude on the part where there's 3 ant hills. Once I get to rank 7 I'll complete the game on hard. But it's a shame that not much has changed. I don't think the ending will get drastically different then.

King Hadas Jul 24th, 2011 07:17 PM

I was doing a post for Blood Will Tell but it was getting long so I thought I might as well hammer it out as a review for -ROG-. I tell you man, I was in the fukin' zone writing this. This review was insightful, juicy and it totally encapsulated everything you could possible say, good or bad, about Blood Will Tell. I suffered a power outage though and this was all I was able to salvage.

Blood Will Tell: It was all right I guess. Should of had dash from the beginning.

Fathom Zero Jul 24th, 2011 07:18 PM

Is that the one about the ninja with the body parts?

Dr. Boogie Jul 24th, 2011 07:27 PM

Yeah, that's the one. It's pretty great.

Quote:

Originally Posted by King Hadas (Post 733600)
I was doing a post for Blood Will Tell but it was getting long so I thought I might as well hammer it out as a review for -ROG-. I tell you man, I was in the fukin' zone writing this. This review was insightful, juicy and it totally encapsulated everything you could possible say, good or bad, about Blood Will Tell. I suffered a power outage though and this was all I was able to salvage.

Blood Will Tell: It was all right I guess. Should of had dash from the beginning.

I always just pop open Word if I'm writing a post that gets too long.

Also, it's "should've", not "should of".

King Hadas Jul 24th, 2011 07:46 PM

:x

Yeah Blood Will Tell is pretty good but it has its share of problems. My first impression was that it sucked but I changed my mind once I got the dash ability. This game has way too much space between points A and B.

I was a little disappointed that you never regained your ruder body parts, when he'd grasp his lower back in pain I thought he might be growing his asshole back but nope. Also Dororo is a girl what kind of twist is that? I never thought she was a boy. I think a more shocking twist would have been if, upon defeating a fiend, Hyakkimaru grew a lush pair of titties.

Dr. Boogie Jul 25th, 2011 04:44 AM

The shocking twist is that he never recaptures his naughty bits. He just has to use that hydraulic piston his dad made for the rest of his life.

OxBlood Jul 26th, 2011 03:27 AM

Finished EDF IA on normal. It´s a bit sad that the game only starts to get good when it´s almost over...there´s not enough going on in the earlier missions...

k0k0 Jul 26th, 2011 10:42 AM

Yeah, I was expecting a huge fight like the first one with crazy lasers and shit going off. It just kind of ended.

Dr. Boogie Jul 26th, 2011 03:53 PM

In case anyone is interested, it's looking like EDF: IA maybe going on sale at Amazon at 7pm PST today as part of their Gold Box thing:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/goldbox?ref_=pe_26410_20594760

Phoenix Gamma Jul 26th, 2011 04:27 PM

Rhythm Heaven Wii came out in Japanland a few days ago. It's fantastic, and there's no waggle, so it's as superb as the GBA game. Love it.

mew barios Jul 26th, 2011 05:47 PM

i've been playing a few games of devil's crush a day for the past few days. i can't really explain why but somehow it always makes me feel happy everytime i revisit it.

LordSappington Jul 26th, 2011 05:51 PM

Minecraft minecraft minecraft
We're starting a new server. I'm in charge of basically blowing a gigantic vertical shaft in the ground, and we're going to start off building inside of it, in the walls and stuff. It's gonna be fun!

Chojin Jul 26th, 2011 06:42 PM

that sounds like the biggest waste of time ever

LordSappington Jul 27th, 2011 04:31 AM

'Kay.
http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Enderman

Esuohlim Jul 27th, 2011 04:43 AM

A friend of mine went on and on about why Minecraft was awesome, and it all sounded like the most boring shit to ever try to pass as a game

"I spent a week making a giant tree out of little trees!"

k0k0 Jul 27th, 2011 10:39 AM

Yeah, minecraft is just lost on me also. I tried playing it and it was boring. Then I played Terraria and got hooked, which is pretty much almost like minecraft. I think it's the adventuring that got me hooked.

creeposaurus Jul 27th, 2011 10:53 AM

Pokemans :D

darkvare Jul 27th, 2011 03:13 PM

i have a steam question every time i have steam running and plug headphones the sound won't come out and the pc recognizes them as another device any help?

Fathom Zero Jul 27th, 2011 08:19 PM

I think there are larger issues at play besides Steam. Maybe your sound drivers?

darkvare Jul 27th, 2011 09:00 PM

nothing wrong with them cause when i plug my headphones on with steam not working sound works perfectly

Fathom Zero Jul 27th, 2011 09:26 PM

Yeah, it can still be a problem with your sound drivers. But reinstall Steam just in case, I'll say.

darkvare Jul 28th, 2011 12:33 PM

look at my ram mount thingy and my pet little shippy :D

creeposaurus Jul 28th, 2011 09:17 PM

SUCH CUTE THINGYS!

Do you have regular headphones?

darkvare Jul 28th, 2011 10:52 PM

yes they are just regular ass headphones finally bought a steam game so i can add friends now so tell me who you are to add you please :D

Nick Aug 1st, 2011 09:12 AM

I picked up a couple of games that I'm probably going to stream sooner or later. X-Men: Legends, X-Men: Legends II, Warhammer 40,000: Fire Warrior, GunGrave, GunGrave: Overdose, Marvel Ultimate Alliance, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2.

k0k0 Aug 1st, 2011 11:26 AM

I pre-ordered Star Wars: The Old Republic. Looks like I may be busy for a few months after November. Usually when I get into an MMORPG I get addicted for a while, get to max level, get bored and then stop.

Nick Aug 1st, 2011 11:48 AM

Why would you do this?

k0k0 Aug 1st, 2011 12:00 PM

Something to pass the time until I die?

Dimnos Aug 1st, 2011 12:23 PM

have you looked at classes?

k0k0 Aug 1st, 2011 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimnos (Post 734738)
have you looked at classes?

Yep, I'm probably going to be a trooper since it's closest to what I was in Starwars Galaxies before sony f-ed it in the A. I was Danny Glover the wookie, mayor of Smiley Town and master rifleman/creature handler. I know SW:TOR won't have that huge of a flexibility when it comes to classes or even housing, but I'm hoping it's at least super fun. SWG pre nge was really one of the only MMORPGS that I played after I hit max level.

Dr. Boogie Aug 1st, 2011 06:27 PM

A friend of mine has been playing the leaked DE:HR preview build, and I've been looking over his shoulder.;)

It's pretty fantastic, I've gotta admit. I was worried it might be dumbed down for consoles like Invisible War, but thankfully that is not the case. Some elements have been left out, but the game feels smoother for it.

Stealth, for instance, is way better, if for no other reason than because they introduced stealth kills in a way beyond sneaking up and goosing the enemy with a cattle prod. Instead, when you get close to someone, you hit a button, and you and your prey are transported to a pocket dimension where you can subdue him without him making a sound, no matter how much time he would have to cry out while you punch/stab/arm bar him, all while time is frozen in the outside world. They give you the option to do either lethal or non-lethal takedowns, a la Splinter Cell, with lethal ones being permanent while nonlethal ones net you more xp. Also included is a little radar that can be upgraded, but is pretty good on its own, showing positions of enemies you can either see or hear and displaying the alert status of nearby enemies.

They also replaced hacking with an actual minigame where you have to take over nodes on a grid not unlike the one from Shadowrun (the Genesis game, not the modern one). You work your way along the paths between nodes, capturing nodes as you go. Each time you capture one, there’s a chance you’ll active a trace, at which point you’ll only have a few seconds to make it to the final node before you’re kicked out and an alarm/countermeasure is triggered (if there’s one around). While you’re looking around each grid, you’ll have the opportunity to capture data stores for more money, more xp, and special viruses for covert hacking or freezing the trace process for a few seconds. It took a little getting used to, but it’s fun and rewarding once you get the hang of it.

Combat is mostly the same, although they’ve added an entirely optional cover system, along with an abundance of chest high walls to crouch behind. Accuracy is determined solely based on the weapon, with the odd upgrade part to improve accuracy showing up from time to time. There are some augmentations you can get to improve your accuracy by moving, but I can’t see why you would spend the upgrade points on that when enemies are typically accurate enough to nail your ass if you spend time away from cover.

That’s really one of the few criticisms I have of it: your skill/augmentation tree still a handful of semi-useless skills. One of the branches labeled “stealth augmentation” just unlocks HUD elements that show you cones of vision and noise levels, but these seemed easy enough to circumvent by crouch-walking everywhere and using the cover system to peek around corners. Granted, it’s not required that you purchase those or augmentations of similar value like the ones that let you sprint for a little longer, but it seemed like by the end of the preview, nearly every augmentation you’d want for the rest of the game had been purchased. The preview build was pretty long, but still...

The other thing that kind of bugged me was the power meter. Instead of a long bar, you’ve got a series of batteries that drain based on the power you’re using. Partially filled ones will regenerate automatically, and if you use them all, a single one will always refill itself. To refill empty batteries, you have to special candy bars and jars of Robocop-esque baby food. For the most part, it’s not a big deal. The cloaking power, for example, starts off granting you 3 seconds of invisibility per battery, but stealth kills take an entire battery to execute, thus you can’t execute too many stealth kills in a row. That seems like kind of a design flaw, giving a guy mechanical arms that run out of juice every time he punches someone in the face.

Beyond that, my only other complaints were minor ones about some stiff animations during conversations and a few button prompts that didn’t light up properly for the mouse cursor, but even if those weren’t resolved in the final product, I’d still get the game. Above all else, they’ve fully realized the multiple routes to solving situations that’s so iconic to the series.

All I know is when this finally comes out, I’m going full hacker.

OxBlood Aug 2nd, 2011 01:08 AM

Hey, thanks a lot for that little preview, sounds pretty good to me :)

MarioRPG Aug 2nd, 2011 11:56 AM

Yeah that sounds pretty slick, hacking was always how I played through that game.

Nick Aug 2nd, 2011 01:01 PM

Boogie, I currently have Deus Ex ordered for the 360. Do you think I would be better off getting the pc version instead?

OxBlood Aug 2nd, 2011 01:12 PM

I want to keep armed conflicts to a minimum without sneaking, so I guess, I´ll go hacker with light weapons or something like that. That´s how I played DE1 anyway, the Pistol was my best friend :)

Dr. Boogie Aug 2nd, 2011 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick (Post 735014)
Boogie, I currently have Deus Ex ordered for the 360. Do you think I would be better off getting the pc version instead?

Well I would, but that's mainly because I much prefer mouseaim over gamepads for shooters, but apart from that and some better graphics on the PC, I don't think you'd necessarily be better off getting it for PC.

Quote:

Originally Posted by OxBlood (Post 735018)
I want to keep armed conflicts to a minimum without sneaking, so I guess, I´ll go hacker with light weapons or something like that. That´s how I played DE1 anyway, the Pistol was my best friend :)

So far, I've managed to get through the entire demo without investing in any of the real stealth augments, while still scoring the big xp bonuses for not being seen. Apart from the cloak, they have a couple that allow you to run and jump silently, but those take power, and so you can't silently run up behind someone and knock them out unless you have at least 2 full batteries.

I say you're better off just timing the guard's patterns and just crouch-walking up to them when they turn around, like in pretty much every other stealth game out there.

k0k0 Aug 2nd, 2011 04:40 PM

I will probably be getting DE:HR for the 360 since my computer is slowly winding down on games it is able to effectively play and still look good.

10,000 Volt Ghost Aug 2nd, 2011 05:17 PM

I'm trying to get chrono cross to work on this lame ps emulator. Had no luck with it so far.

Phoenix Gamma Aug 2nd, 2011 06:17 PM

Play Catherine last night after avoiding buying it for awhile.

It doesn't deserve the hype it's getting. The block pushing is straight out of a 90's PS1 game. The morality choices really don't change the narrative at all (if you lean more towards one girl or the other, Vincent is still a wishy washy pussy who can't make up his mind), and there's not a whole lot to do outside of pushing blocks.

The in-game graphics and cutscenes are pretty, and the music is cool, but that's about it. Get it for $30 if you really want to play it.

Fathom Zero Aug 2nd, 2011 06:41 PM

I loved it. Play it. Buy it.

Zomboid Aug 2nd, 2011 07:02 PM

I trust your opinion more! But still no.

Phoenix Gamma Aug 2nd, 2011 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathom Zero (Post 735068)
I loved it. Play it. Buy it.

I figured you would hate Catherine.

I stayed away because it seemed to fanservicey, but it got decent reviews.

I think it's because I hate all three of the main characters. Vincent is the fucking lamest protagonist I've ever been stuck with, Catherine is exactly like this chick in college who I used to sleep with, and Katherine won't butt the fuck out.

I WANT TO EAT PIZZA AND DRINK BEER WITH MY FRIENDS AFTER WORK. THAT'S WHAT WE DO. IT'S PERFECTLY NORMAL. FUCK STOP TEXTING ME. >:

Fathom Zero Aug 2nd, 2011 07:21 PM

I love disgustingly hard games sometimes, the last being Demon's Souls. The animation's nice, the characters are paper-thin weirdos, and it's got a different take on relationships than most games do. Vincent is whiny, but he's not you in the end. I played it like that. I thought both of the broads were exceptionally needy and really didn't like either, but aside from that, the story didn't disappoint me.

The best part is finding out what other people said in the rocket confessional.

And I still don't think it's wrong to live with someone without marrying them, unlike the other 3/4's of people playing the game. That was a stupid question.

k0k0 Aug 2nd, 2011 07:29 PM

I didn't get to play Demon's Souls but wanted to. I don't have the cash for a ps3 though, and most games that are PS3 only don't spark my interest as much as the 360 only games. That said, I would like to get one to play this and Twisted Metal.

As for living without marriage, I'm fine with that. It's like a testing phase to see how it would be like when you do get married. Most of the time women are totally different when you're around them 24/7 and without the testing phase you'd be thrown into that shit and it would end in divorce.

Phoenix Gamma Aug 2nd, 2011 09:30 PM

I don't think it's disgustingly hard. I'm maybe halfway through on normal and haven't seen what the hubub is about. I'm not that-

WAIT. LIVING WITH SOMEONE YOU'RE NOT MARRIED TO?!
YOU NEW-AGED HIPPIE BASTARD. WHY I AUGHTA-

I would have enjoyed Demon's Souls more if the core combat mechanics were a little more fleshed out. Which is basically where I am with Catherine; difficulty doesn't really bother me or anything, but the core design is bare. If Vincent became an asshole if I was leaning towards Catherine (why?), that might be kinda cool, or if I went the other way and he, you know, STOPPED going to that one bar that causes all of these problems and had to hide from a stalking Catherine outside his window or something, that would be cool.

It would have been a really cool game, but it just falls short on it's potential. I think Atlus just wants to make a fucking anime, but then adds gameplay later (see: TWO HOUR INTRODUCTION TO PERSONA 4. WHY.)

Fathom Zero Aug 2nd, 2011 09:41 PM

Persona 4 anime coming out, so I suppose they're gonna fulfill that dream or some shit.

I like dis game a lot for reasons I can't explain with mere facts. But you're right. I probably wouldn't pay the full price they want for it. Definitely not.

OxBlood Aug 3rd, 2011 01:49 AM

I love Atlus´ games but I´ll pass on Catherine, I just don´t think I´d like it.

I DO however like Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes that I picked up for cheap yesterday. Who needs Dynasty Warriors when you can have THIS. A lot of stupid button-destroying fun. Six Swords with 3 blades each at the same time? Yes please.

Dimnos Aug 3rd, 2011 02:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathom Zero (Post 735073)
I thought both of the broads were exceptionally needy and really didn't like either...

:hourglass

Sam Aug 3rd, 2011 02:50 AM

JUST LIKE A WOMAN

10,000 Volt Ghost Aug 3rd, 2011 03:08 AM

Finally got Chrono Cross working on an emulator. Only took 6 hour to figure out to do it. >:

LordSappington Aug 3rd, 2011 12:30 PM

Been playing way too much Killing Floor. Finally got to level 5 sharpshooter, so I get to spawn with a lever-action!

Nick Aug 3rd, 2011 12:52 PM

I played GunGrave last night and it's really really short.

Fathom Zero Aug 3rd, 2011 01:11 PM

You're in for a treat with the second one, then, because I beat it in three hours.

Nick Aug 3rd, 2011 01:18 PM

I'm so glad I didn't pay full price for them, then.

Fathom Zero Aug 3rd, 2011 01:20 PM

Well, considering that Gungrave: Overdose was released at $15 in 2005, I certainly hope you didn't pay anything more for it.

Nick Aug 3rd, 2011 01:26 PM

Huh, I never knew that GunGrave was a budget title.

Fathom Zero Aug 3rd, 2011 01:30 PM

It's one of my favorite PS2 games, so I didn't care much. I love seeing a score in a video game.

Nick Aug 3rd, 2011 02:30 PM

I really loved the anime back when Tech TV showed it at midnights during the week, but never actually found a copy of the game in stores. I don't regret buying it, though. GunGrave is awesome.

Fathom Zero Aug 3rd, 2011 02:45 PM

The concept of an undead dude carrying around a coffin filled with guns will always appeal to me.

Made me like jazz, too.

Nick Aug 3rd, 2011 02:46 PM

I don't what it is about it. Just a big mixture of gangland drama, cowboys, zombies, and mutants, I suppose. There isn't anything that isn't not awesome about it.

Fathom Zero Aug 3rd, 2011 02:48 PM

The constant blood transfusions were cool, too.

Nick Aug 3rd, 2011 02:51 PM

I liked it. Grave was super powerful and a badass, but he also had such huge set backs. It really made you feel sorry for him. :(

Fathom Zero Aug 3rd, 2011 02:57 PM

The two additional characters in Overdose are great, too. I love their stories.

Nick Aug 3rd, 2011 03:03 PM

Oh, they have their own stoylines? I kinda thought they were just going to be tacked on extra characters. Rockabilly Redcadillac is a kick ass name either way, though.

Sam Aug 3rd, 2011 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathom Zero (Post 735318)
The concept of an undead dude carrying around a coffin filled with guns will always appeal to me.

Made me like jazz, too.

I didn't think that said jazz at first. :(

Fathom Zero Aug 3rd, 2011 04:11 PM

It doesn't say jazz. What are you talking about?

OxBlood Aug 3rd, 2011 05:55 PM

Finished 2 Stories in Samurai Heroes. Pretty hillarious how Mitsunari is just fucking boiling with hatred which is by the way the only emotion he knows. All he does is scream and swear and kill hundreds of these poor defenseless fodder-troops while he massacres his way from A to B :D

Started another round with that strange floaty-Ninjamage-dude that beats people to a pulp with his magic...er...bead-thingies. Fun.

I love all the unlockable stuff, the allies, the upgrades, I think this is one of those games that offer a lot for your money :)
Doesn´t seem to have online MP though which is a shame.

I also thought about getting Insanely twisted shadow planet but 1200 points is a little much as I don´t even know how long the game is...