I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   What are you playing right now? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69697399)

Microshock Oct 3rd, 2009 12:21 AM

Listen, I'll explain to you very simply.

If trophies are not in the game, I don't really feel like playing it.
However, if trophies are in the game, it doesnt make the game automatically awesome, it just means it'll be one of the choices, that's why I didnt get Terminator Salvation when it has 10 gold trophies for each level you beat

Phoenix Gamma Oct 3rd, 2009 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Microshock (Post 651510)

Yea, listen to my man. Only bitches play games for fun. Real men such as ourselves only play games so we can show our fellow Sony Soldiers how awesome we are. That's why videogames were invented.

Zomboid Oct 3rd, 2009 03:17 AM

Ah, yes, that makes perfect sense! I totally dismiss games on the 360 if I don't think the achievements sound cool enough. After all, why would you want to pay over 60 bucks for a video game if not to show off your lame little sig graphic?

kahljorn Oct 3rd, 2009 05:37 AM

Microshock, what if the game didn't have any of your precious trophies, but inside the game the goal was to collect or steal trophies.

would you consider playing it then?

executioneer Oct 3rd, 2009 05:56 AM

metagaming is the only gaming

set my own goals? fuck that someone needs to set arbitrary goals FOR me

Chojin Oct 3rd, 2009 08:42 AM

Microshock Oct 3rd, 2009 12:48 PM

I did beat Heavenly Sword and that didn't have trophies...
Maybe it's because when trophies are in the game, I have more incentive to play thru it more than once or just thru a particular mode and may be willing to do more with the game which i wouldnt usually do

Guitar Woman Oct 3rd, 2009 12:50 PM

Remember when games were good and didn't have to reward people with shiny pictures to be attractive

Guitar Woman Oct 3rd, 2009 12:53 PM

Or if it did have extra challenges you got fun stuff from completing them, like all the extra items in Shadow of the Colossus

Microshock Oct 3rd, 2009 01:57 PM

Like I said, I'm not going to play any game just because it has trophies. And even in games that I like that do have trophies, I don't really pursuit them that heavily.

Guitar Woman Oct 3rd, 2009 03:58 PM

Quote:

asdf

10,000 Volt Ghost Oct 3rd, 2009 03:59 PM

I need to get a bunch of quick xbox live points. My gamerscore sucks.

RaNkeri Oct 3rd, 2009 06:23 PM

shining in the darkness

stevetothepast Oct 3rd, 2009 06:52 PM

Solitaire

kahljorn Oct 3rd, 2009 11:51 PM

what game is that, chojin?

LordSappington Oct 4th, 2009 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Microshock (Post 651510)

beat

And this is why Playstation fanboys get the reputation for being douchebags.

Microshock Oct 4th, 2009 01:09 AM

How so? Games from 2 years ago that don't have trophies are fine to me, I'll play them if theyre good games and trophies dont matter there because they came before the trophy system was ever implemented.

But when games like Saints Row 2 come out without trophies and then they refuse to patch it even after having the community on their forums ask for it repeatedly and they dont do it, i dont feel like playing the game.

Chojin Oct 4th, 2009 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kahljorn (Post 651611)
what game is that, chojin?

it's fallen earth, a new MMO

it's basically fallout 3: the mmo

kahljorn Oct 4th, 2009 03:42 AM

Nice.. it looks pretty awesome. I might have to try it out soon.

LordSappington Oct 4th, 2009 04:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Microshock (Post 651617)
\But when games like Saints Row 2 come out without trophies and then they refuse to patch it even after having the community on their forums ask for it repeatedly and they dont do it, i dont feel like playing the game.

That shit's whack, yo. I'mma go down there and cap their sucka asses if they don't show Saints Row 2 some respect, dope?

Fathom Zero Oct 4th, 2009 04:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chojin (Post 651618)
it's fallen earth, a new MMO

it's basically fallout 3: the mmo

That's what I thought it was. I've heard mixed things. How is it?

captain516 Oct 4th, 2009 11:57 AM

It's from a game? I thought it was something you slapped together in Poser.

darkvare Oct 4th, 2009 01:21 PM

i'm playing kingdom hearts for the ds but now in english

Chojin Oct 4th, 2009 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathom Zero (Post 651631)
That's what I thought it was. I've heard mixed things. How is it?

really fun, actually

most of the systems work intelligently and are designed intelligently. there's also some neat tech in there.

plus any game with ragdoll is good, and any game that lets me clothesline people with a sledgehammer is great.

*oh, an observation I made in the region chat today:
- This is the only game on the market that lets you flip off a chicken
- Why is this feature not on the box
- I don't know what's better - that you can flip off chickens, or that it legitimately upsets them

Chojin Oct 4th, 2009 05:26 PM

FILL 'ER UP

oilville, near the auctioneer. mounts in this game are permanent, so people have to leave them outdoors. there's also built-in teamspeak, so it's oddly immersive when your group rolls up on a bandit camp and someone's like "okay, let's ditch the horses back here where they won't be seen"

there are also plenty of motorized vehicles, but horses are cheap and there is a tremendous noob surplus at launch

none of my good pictures came out :< me and this guy were doing prone TACTICAL ESPIONAGE ACTION in a bar while people were trying to drink