I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   What are you playing right now? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69697399)

RaNkeri Oct 4th, 2008 04:42 AM

NHL 95

Phoenix Gamma Oct 4th, 2008 09:57 AM

Tried Sonic: the Fanfic for DS. Shit's pretty terrible, and since this is actually my first Bioware game, I've blindly decided to hate the company. Fuck you, Bioware. Your story is dumb and your gameplay is dumb. Why would you even make a Sonic RPG?

Guitar Woman Oct 4th, 2008 02:45 PM

A romp through KOTOR will fix this, sir.

I checked out Psychonauts the other day. The wacky aesthetic reminded me a lot of Rayman 2, except not nearly as difficult. It's also pretty funny.

Nick Oct 4th, 2008 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 584758)
A romp through KOTOR will fix this, sir.

I checked out Psychonauts the other day. The wacky aesthetic reminded me a lot of Rayman 2, except not nearly as difficult. It's also pretty funny.

The companies next game is gonna be awesome.

executioneer Oct 5th, 2008 12:52 AM

fallout 2 + restoration project 1.2

haven't run into too much new content, although it is nice to be able to kill the Duntons with justification this time rather than just because i wanted to

Zomboid Oct 5th, 2008 05:49 PM

The new content is kind of spread out. There's a new area in whatever that town with the pickpocketing kids is called. You can get them an orphanage :O. There's a place called the Abbey in the top right corner of the map.

MarioRPG Oct 8th, 2008 09:31 PM

WarioLand Shake it

Basically, a glorified handheld game. The sprites are too small for a TV and the animations are lacking. They didn't bother doing voice overs to the one cut scene I saw. yeesh.

OxBlood Oct 9th, 2008 02:47 AM

G.R.A.W. 2 and liking it so far. Not as good as Vegas 2 but that´s just me prefering indoor-cover-and-clear-the-room games. But Clancy sure knows how to write boring stories...or at least he delivers boring templates. But maybe that´s an American thing I don´t understand...who knows. *shrugs*

Phoenix Gamma Oct 9th, 2008 09:20 AM

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time. Still loving it, but I never realized how unbalanced the difficulty curve is. The pirate level raped me, but I plowed through the train stage without losing a life, and Neon Night Riders was actually easier than Sewer Surfin'.

I wish Raphael didn't suck in this game. Leo's still my favorite, but Raph is cool too :(

executioneer Oct 9th, 2008 09:27 AM

i tried playing Holy Diver on the NES but damn it if it's not Castlevania levels of aggravating

plus no actual dio songs i could detect, wth japan

10,000 Volt Ghost Oct 9th, 2008 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoenix Gamma (Post 586193)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time. Still loving it, but I never realized how unbalanced the difficulty curve is. The pirate level raped me, but I plowed through the train stage without losing a life, and Neon Night Riders was actually easier than Sewer Surfin'.

I wish Raphael didn't suck in this game. Leo's still my favorite, but Raph is cool too :(

Gotta use Donnie. :Jumpboattack

Trats12 Oct 9th, 2008 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarioRPG (Post 586094)
WarioLand Shake it

Basically, a glorified handheld game. The sprites are too small for a TV and the animations are lacking. They didn't bother doing voice overs to the one cut scene I saw. yeesh.

I rented this crap last night. Stay Away!

Phoenix Gamma Oct 9th, 2008 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost (Post 586219)
Gotta use Donnie. :Jumpboattack

Donatello's a loser.

Nick Oct 9th, 2008 07:33 PM

Donnie does machines!

JediScum Oct 9th, 2008 07:37 PM

I'm playing Neverwinter Nights... because I live in 2001 and have the mad cool Phat hookups.

So is this crap (and sequels) available for Playstation 2? I don't give a fuck about bootlegs... I'm getting another Playstation 2 again. If it's available, then i'm good. If not... then i guess it's time for Tony Hawk 4-7.

The worst thing about the 21st century is the Bush Family.

So far....

Emu Oct 9th, 2008 11:21 PM

No, NWN's PC-only.

JediScum Oct 10th, 2008 01:38 AM

Ahhhhhhhhhh, shit! Anything comparable? (Aside from drinking to .30 and listening to Duran Duran)

pac-man Oct 10th, 2008 02:47 AM

Drink a 40 and listen to Journey.

Emu Oct 10th, 2008 02:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JediScum (Post 586583)
Ahhhhhhhhhh, shit! Anything comparable? (Aside from drinking to .30 and listening to Duran Duran)

What are you looking for, something fantasy-themed in general, or DND themed, or what? If you want NWN on a PS2 you might pick up Demon Stone.

JediScum Oct 10th, 2008 04:15 AM

Yeah, I guess I'm looking for a role playing game that's on PS2... Doesn't have to be fantasy - based. Sci-fi is good also. Looking for a story that sucks me in and mucho re-play with different classes, alignments, etc.

Doesn't have to be Dungeons and Dragons (official product) but since I live 5-8 years in the past, I have only started playing Neverwinter Nights.

I'll look into Demon Stone but any suggestions from anyone are encouraged...
It might be a long.... SOBER.... winter this year.

Looking into it, OK, so I'm currently a "Forgotten Realms" nerd. Better that than Dragonlance. Just kidding.
And how about those Wikipedia descriptions of games you MIGHT like.... blah. oh it will be a Tony Hawk filled winter for me.... I can hear the soundtrack to Pro Skater 4 right now....

Emu Oct 10th, 2008 12:24 PM

Oh, there's a few Baldur's Gate PS2 games that are pretty good beat-'em-up RPGs. They tend to run kind of expensive for some reason though.

Guitar Woman Oct 11th, 2008 10:44 PM

:lol

Frazz Oct 12th, 2008 08:35 AM

Just got through playing NWN played Kotor And Kotor 2 before plus jade and mass effect im i the only one who thinks mass effect is one of the biggest dissapointments ever? it hitches freezes and barely loads :(

executioneer Oct 12th, 2008 09:08 AM

que

Phoenix Gamma Oct 13th, 2008 01:13 AM

Started up Dragon Quest VIII. I miss traditional jRPGs with old school generic plots. None of this new generic garbage. Plus the music is outstanding.

I think I might be able to put up with the ancient gameplay this time if I shut my brain off when I play. I think I only got to Lv16 when the game first came out.