I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   What are you playing right now? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69697399)

executioneer Dec 5th, 2009 04:58 PM

superhero league of hoboken. fun (and kind of funny) old-ass rpg/adventure hybrid. puzzles are fairly straightforward SO FAR; the goal is to help citizens to raise your superhero league to #1 out of the 75 in the tri-state area, and all the problems i've solved so far are WACKY AS SHIT

Fathom Zero Dec 6th, 2009 08:40 PM

Phoenix Gamma Dec 6th, 2009 10:19 PM

So, I'm about halfway through the third dungeon in Spirit Tracks. I'd like to talk about the train whistle, though.

The train whistle is used by pulling a rope on screen with the stylus while you're traveling around the map. This is pretty cool, because you can make a "CHOO CHOOOOOO" sound, or one long "CHOOOOOOOO", or a bunch of short "CHOO"s. Sometimes, I randomly pull the rope to annoy anyone in the room, pumping my fist in the air as if I was actually pulling the rope.

But the whistle is also, like, the best thing in the history of forever. Animals blocking the track? Scare those fuckers with the whistle. Spider dangling from overhead? Whistle his ass out of there. Is Beetle flying overhead in his balloon? Why not call him down with a whistle? The bunnies hiding behind rocks love whistles so much that they jump out whenever you toot it. The warp points are also activated with the whistle, which is cool, because the actual portal you drive the train into gets bigger and smaller depending on how loud you're blowing the whistle.

Once, I had to take a bridge builder to another part of the map. He told me I had to follow the signs along the sides of the track, and sometimes, the signs would tell me to blow the whistle. There wasn't a reason to; I just had to because the game said so.

Did I mention that you can get different whistles? Because you can totally get different whistles. I haven't noticed any difference in gameplay when you equip your train with different whistles, but I need to get all of them.

It's an amazing whistle and really sets the bar for future video games. If I was asked to score this game for Metacritic, I'd give it whistle/100.

(The rest of the game is good, too. I can't remember the last time a Zelda puzzle stumped me for more than a minute.)

OxBlood Dec 7th, 2009 03:56 AM

It sounds like a fun game but...Phoenix, what can you tell us about this whistle everyone is talking about these days?

captain516 Dec 9th, 2009 09:52 PM

Advance Wars, shit is fun as fuck. I wish there was an online version.

LordSappington Dec 9th, 2009 10:59 PM

I finally got Gold again; if anyone wants to play some Halo or Rock Band 2, my gamertag is, predictably, Lord Sappington.

executioneer Dec 9th, 2009 11:27 PM

there's a rock band 3 now? mother f

edit: of course, it's more likely to be a typo, BUT YOU NEVER KNOW WITH THE WAY I DONT KEEP UP WITH SHIT MOST OF THE TIME

Phoenix Gamma Dec 9th, 2009 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by captain516 (Post 662525)
Advance Wars, shit is fun as fuck. I wish there was an online version.

Days of Ruin.

LordSappington Dec 10th, 2009 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by executioneer (Post 662537)
there's a rock band 3 now? mother f

edit: of course, it's more likely to be a typo, BUT YOU NEVER KNOW WITH THE WAY I DONT KEEP UP WITH SHIT MOST OF THE TIME

Hahaha whoops, didn't even notice that.
But yeah, they need to make a RB 3, already; that Beatles was is AWFUL.

executioneer Dec 10th, 2009 01:16 AM

lordsappington what instrument do you play on rb2

LordSappington Dec 10th, 2009 01:34 AM

Guitar and bass; I don't own the drums, and I'm not going to put my family through the trauma of me singing.

OxBlood Dec 10th, 2009 02:59 AM

I never got to understand the appeal of these games. Yes, I´m from the "why don´t you play a real instrument then?"-faction. I mean, it´s just Senso/Simon...

Anyway, got my PS1-Emulator to speed up my PAL-Version of FF9 and now it´s really enjoyable. Also bought Galactic Civilizations 2 and really like it so far. Crappy localization and too much lighthearted humor in my opinion but my Mi-Go will dominate the stars one way or another.

executioneer Dec 10th, 2009 03:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OxBlood (Post 662549)
"why donīt you play a real instrument then?"

can't play guitar because my fingers are too large and sausagey :(
bass i sometimes play but i'm not really any good at that either
real drums are too bulky to justify keeping in my house

and i do go out to kareoke for vocals, but lord knows i can't really sing anything but ac/dc well. plus this is good pitch practice + has all the lyrics so i can memorize the songs properly so i don't fuck up in front of a whole barful of strangers!

executioneer Dec 10th, 2009 04:03 AM

also, there is the whole fantasy escapism thing that most games have? i mean i never want to ACTUALLY join the army because i'd be terrible at it but i can pretend to in CoD4, same sort of thing

darkvare Dec 10th, 2009 05:16 PM

lol me and a friend were fantasasing about joining the army and acting like the guys in army of two :P

Pentegarn Dec 11th, 2009 02:09 AM

I dusted off an old NES game called Little Ninja Brothers. Anyone remember this one?

OxBlood Dec 11th, 2009 04:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by executioneer (Post 662554)
also, there is the whole fantasy escapism thing that most games have? i mean i never want to ACTUALLY join the army because i'd be terrible at it but i can pretend to in CoD4, same sort of thing

I know what you mean, but I donīt feel like Iīm in the army, Iīm just some guy who runs around shooting other guys without being punished for that in any way...

Or Iīm some dude with strange hair and a giant sword who...err...itīs really all just about the the gain of power and spells it seems. Hm, guess Iīm okay with that. Power is an awesome thing to have.

What I wanted to get at is, that I generally donīt like games that let me do trivial realworld-stuff like playing an instrument or driving a car or - god forbid - play soccer...ugh.

Of course, I wonīt be in a band that plays Beatles-Songs or the stuff Alice Cooper did or whatever either. And I thank the elder gods for that, since who would ever want to play in a coverband? :lol

10,000 Volt Ghost Dec 11th, 2009 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OxBlood (Post 662549)

Anyway, got my PS1-Emulator to speed up my PAL-Version of FF9 and now itīs really enjoyable.

Stupid Excalibur II >:

LordSappington Dec 12th, 2009 12:23 AM

Yeah, I play it because I'm really into music games, and I don't have the time, money, patience, skill, or self confidence to play anything real.

darkvare Dec 13th, 2009 10:43 PM

i just got infamous i'm really enjoying it, i love going around the city

OxBlood Dec 14th, 2009 04:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LordSappington (Post 662808)
Yeah, I play it because I'm really into music games, and I don't have the time, money, patience, skill, or self confidence to play anything real.

In that case, I wish you the utmost fun with that game :rock

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost
Stupid Excalibur II >:

Whatīs up with that?

Nick Dec 14th, 2009 08:02 PM

Green Day: Rock Band.

This just in: I am over rhythm games.

Chojin Dec 14th, 2009 08:09 PM

That's what I'm hearing from a lot of people who think they're too cool for school.

Green Day rock band is the first RB product that's piqued my interest ;p

Tadao Dec 14th, 2009 08:10 PM

fucking tweens

stevetothepast Dec 14th, 2009 08:49 PM

Rock band and GH games are only good if there are people at your house drunk that suck at video games. i.e. drunk women.

Green Day are the American Nickleback.