I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   What are you playing right now? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69697399)

Babs Sep 15th, 2009 11:19 PM

Tadao Sep 15th, 2009 11:24 PM

That pretty cool

Phoenix Gamma Sep 15th, 2009 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zomboid (Post 648321)
You're nuts. I would've been angry if there was no way to get the inverted castle and open up the other half of the game. It's rare to see people complain about games being too long.

This. Okami. Persona 4. I think Yahtzee said Splosion Man is too long, too.

I remember playing the inverted castle and thinking "wow this is awesome!" But slowly, I started thinking "well...I'm kinda just backtracking through the entire game again with different bosses." Then I reached a point where I had my fill and wanted it to end.

I'd just want a little of the fat trimmed from the castle. You could leave the inverted castle, cause it really is cool, and I did like that.

10,000 Volt Ghost Sep 15th, 2009 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam (Post 648288)
I got it on Xbox :o

P.S. IT CAME

:love

LordSappington Sep 16th, 2009 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoenix Gamma (Post 648394)
I remember playing the inverted castle and thinking "wow this is awesome!" But slowly, I started thinking "well...I'm kinda just backtracking through the entire game again with different bosses." Then I reached a point where I had my fill and wanted it to end.

I'd just want a little of the fat trimmed from the castle. You could leave the inverted castle, cause it really is cool, and I did like that.

Ugh, Symphony of the Night took me forever to beat. It didn't help how I'd make the wrong turn, go off the path a LITTLE, and there'd be no indication of where the hell you needed to go from there. I spent hours wandering around, trying to find the next trigger.

Guitar Woman Sep 16th, 2009 12:33 AM

That's one thing I noticed, there aren't any real goals or even a vague indication of where you should be farting around. It's like "Well, Dracula's in here. Wander around for a while, you'll find him."

That's refreshing, I guess.

The coolest weapon so far is the floor bouncy beam thing.

Dr. Boogie Sep 16th, 2009 12:40 AM

You should get Shadow Complex. It's a lot like the Metroid-vania games, but it includes a minimap with a line that shows you exactly where to go. That way, you don't have to explore or doing anything other than go directly to each boss and finish the game in like an hour.

And then you can come back here and talk about how you're a gaybo who has crappy gaming opinions.

Guitar Woman Sep 16th, 2009 01:05 AM

great, then you can complain about it

Speaking of complaining, the only thing I actually hate about SotN for you butt pirates to get riled up about is how items keep falling from candles and replacing the weapon I'm using.

It doesn't DOOM YOU OH GOD like it did in the older games, but I still hate it.

Guitar Woman Sep 16th, 2009 01:17 AM

lol, so if you duck during the mirror Alucard fight all he does is scoot back and forth and chuck knives over your head. Forever.

Chojin Sep 16th, 2009 01:22 AM

I got SOTN at an anime convention back in like 97, japanese version.

I learned katakana just to play that game, then forgot it immediately afterward :<

OxBlood Sep 16th, 2009 02:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoenix Gamma (Post 648317)
If it was a tiny bit shorter, I'd have loved it.

IŽd actually prefer it if those games were longer. Sure, Sotn IS among the longest of those but hell, IŽd play through a third castle with more enemies and items anytime :)

Shadow Complex on the other hand does well in being pretty short since the level design and gameplay are good but rather monotonous after a while (no items or stats, boo).

OT: Waiting for my MUA2 and playing Little Big Planet which I finally bought. So much fun to strap rocket engines on...on everything.

Dimnos Sep 16th, 2009 10:28 AM

Quote:

...started off pretty awesome, but it kinda overstayed its welcome somewhere around...

I always feel statements like this are equivalent to "Damn I wish I got less with my money.". I always feel games should be longer. :\

10,000 Volt Ghost Sep 16th, 2009 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 648430)
That's one thing I noticed, there aren't any real goals or even a vague indication of where you should be farting around. It's like "Well, Dracula's in here. Wander around for a while, you'll find him."

That's refreshing, I guess.

The coolest weapon so far is the floor bouncy beam thing.

I use a crissaegram for my main attack and rune the rune blade instead of a shield. I put my rune blade as the L2 button os its just constantly mowing people down. familiars are kind of useless at the end except for a lvl 99 sword brothers. I wish they had a boss rush mode in SOTN.

edit: Also I just got my Juggernaut code for MUA2 today.

10,000 Volt Ghost Sep 16th, 2009 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BABALITY PANCAKES (Post 648376)

BATTLETOADS!

stevetothepast Sep 16th, 2009 12:34 PM

playing gemfire for snes, really good TBS if that's what your in to I guess.

Phoenix Gamma Sep 16th, 2009 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimnos (Post 648530)
I always feel statements like this are equivalent to "Damn I wish I got less with my money.". I always feel games should be longer. :\

Some games reach a point where they feel like a chore and become less interesting but keep going anyways. I'd rather a short but amazing game that impresses me consistently than a long game with good stuff spread far apart and padded out for the sake of making the game long.

LordSappington Sep 16th, 2009 10:34 PM

I don't think I even got a FRACTION of the awesome items and weapons in SotN. I just stuck with those insanely fast weapons, the little knives, and called it a day.

Zomboid Sep 16th, 2009 10:56 PM

See, I hate when really fun games are short. Even if they're not really short, they FEEL short because of how much fun I had playing it. A game like SOTN is fun for me all the way through, so getting to the inverted castle is essentially the half-way point and I feel relieved that there's still more game left.

Phoenix Gamma Sep 17th, 2009 12:30 AM

Well, yea. I mean, ideally, Portal would have been more than 2 hours long, Wind Waker would have had more than 5 and a half dungeons, and...hay wait, this is supposed to be the thread where we talk about games we're playing :O

Been working on perfecting puzzles in Scribbleynauts. Also, Canabault, which is a neat flash game kinda like Mirror's Edge, if it was just running, and you only have one button. And you can run on walls. Actually,I guess it's not really like Mirror's Edge...

Time Donkey is another game I tried. It's from the same guys who made Off-Road Velociraptor Safari and Jetpack Brontosaurus. Really cool game mechanics.

Dimnos Sep 17th, 2009 12:25 PM

Beat Uncharted last night. Pretty fucking good game.

Spoilers!

Cant wait for the second one.

stevetothepast Sep 17th, 2009 01:16 PM

I heard if you pre-order it you get a demo:0

Dimnos Sep 17th, 2009 01:57 PM

Bah. Im to busy killing fools in League of Legends.

Microshock Sep 17th, 2009 07:24 PM

The pre-order bonus is you get the play the beta 2 weeks earlier than when it goes completely open till October 13th

Yes Uncharted was awesome and Uncharted 2 looks to be a masterpiece. Im still going thru inFamous and im addicted to just making the areas safe by doing these side missions.

Fathom Zero Sep 17th, 2009 09:11 PM

I did all that. Got almost all of the shards, too.

bigtimecow Sep 18th, 2009 09:27 AM

i have 333 of the shards i think :o BUT FOR SOME REASON WHEN I'VE BEEN DOING THE HIDDEN PACKAGE MISSIONS I'M SUPPOSED TO GAIN 5 SHARDS BUT THE NUMBER DOESN'T GO UP :(((((

i have a feeling i glitched the process somewhere, because i have no idea how i'm going to locate the last 17 shards :(