I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions, Suggestions, and Tech Support (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Important notice to people with HOTMAIL/YAHOO ACCOUNTS (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1063)

Mockery Feb 26th, 2003 10:45 PM

Important notice to people with HOTMAIL/YAHOO ACCOUNTS

If you are trying to register on this board and you have a hotmail account, please know this: HOTMAIL SUCKS. When you register for this board, your registration confirmation is sent to your email account, and without that code, your account cannot be activated. That being said, I constantly have registration confirmations sent back to be because hotmail was down at the time they were sent.

So, my suggestion to any of you who are considering registering on this board, is to NOT use a hotmail account for your contact email address. If you do use hotmail, understand that your confirmation email might never get through to you and you won't be able to login to the board with your new account.

Again, to sum things up: HOTMAIL SUCKS.

edit: I've also been noticing a few accounts signed up with Yahoo email have been failing as well, so it looks like Yahoo's email service is just as dandy as hotmail.

-RoG-

Rongi Feb 26th, 2003 10:51 PM

I have a hotmail account and nothing's happening to me yet :/

Mockery Feb 26th, 2003 10:53 PM

Watson, if you already are registered on here with no problems, this obviously isn't a problem for you. :|

Rongi Feb 26th, 2003 10:55 PM

I wish there was a "do'h" emoticon :(

Mockery Feb 27th, 2003 10:57 PM

Actually, you are still missing some emails, Rongi. Though they're not nearly as important, you're missing a lot of the "reply notification" emails for whenever you've clicked "Notify me when a reply is posted". I've had quite a few of yours sent back to me.

HOTMAIL SUCKS

Rongi Feb 27th, 2003 10:59 PM

I delete those, rog. They pretty much just take up mailbox space. I would get something better, but I'm too cheap to pay :I

FS Feb 28th, 2003 06:45 AM

Rongi, go into your profile and scroll down to set these to "No":

Always notify me of replies:
Sends an email when someone replies to a topic you have posted in. This can be changed whenever you post.
Notify on new Private Message:

They're on by default, but if you come here regularly then there's no point to them.

TetraMaster Feb 28th, 2003 02:55 PM

heh,good thing i don`t use hotmail to sign up for things like this :)

Zomboid Feb 28th, 2003 03:28 PM

Yeah, if you'll notice, in the user list, zomboid is on there. I registered that first and was going to use it but my steelzombie@hotmail account is so fucked up that I can't get any emails from anyone I know, yet the fucking spam somehow gets in.

Rongi Feb 28th, 2003 03:49 PM

thank you FS :)

placebo009 Mar 4th, 2003 05:11 PM

but wait...people that aren't registered can't write in here to ask you how to get it to work! what if there are still problems? it'll just turn into a vicious cycle!!! ahh!

sorry

Mockery Mar 4th, 2003 09:45 PM

It's called email, Watson. Not a hard concept.

webmaster@i-mockery.com

placebo009 Mar 5th, 2003 01:29 PM

you're so hurtful....

Mr.Miffusle Mar 5th, 2003 03:21 PM

I just registered under hotmail and it worked fine :)

Mockery Mar 5th, 2003 05:12 PM

Glad it's working for some people at least. The point is, registering with a hotmail account is risky, cuz the confirmation emails don't always get through.

BTW, shouldn't there be something next to Domo in your sig file there? Why all the blank space to the right of him?

Mr.Miffusle Mar 5th, 2003 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mockery
Glad it's working for some people at least. The point is, registering with a hotmail account is risky, cuz the confirmation emails don't always get through.

BTW, shouldn't there be something next to Domo in your sig file there? Why all the blank space to the right of him?

I dont know really I just like it kind of plain like that it looks better on a black background which it was originaly made for...

Rongi Mar 5th, 2003 08:35 PM

Hey mock, I put no for getting reply notices, but I still keep getting them. What the hell?

Mockery Mar 5th, 2003 10:41 PM

Don't check "notify me when a reply is posted" when you make a post. and uncheck it in your profile. you won't get notices if you do both of those things.

Rongi Mar 5th, 2003 10:43 PM

Ah, I see.

Cybernetico Mar 12th, 2003 09:14 AM

I use email.com

acpcybernetico@email.com

No problems here :)

lexical Mar 14th, 2003 03:14 AM

laa dee daa

hotmail has worked fine for me for like 3 or 4 years?
:troutslap

Wang May 27th, 2003 03:57 AM

in my opinion hotmail is damn fine and on the rare occasions that it does stuff up it fixes itself by the next day so nyahh. it probably stuffs up when people continually fill up their account with spam emails.

Damn straight!

soundtest May 31st, 2003 07:49 PM

Hotmail is garbage. Check out Fastmail... more space, you can check POP accounts, and the interface is
S U P ER C :rock :rock L

BLOSSOM Jun 21st, 2003 04:01 PM

:) Rongi says it for moi :lol

SLjimbo Jun 28th, 2003 01:16 AM

If someone makes a "Kill the MSN 8.0 Butterfly" game, I'll be a happy camper.