I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   I-Mockery Chat (Lube up those lips) (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8799)

MattJack Apr 12th, 2008 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteRat (Post 548431)
I'll be spending the weekend in Louisiana attending a huge craw fish boil. I've never had craw fish as i'm from the frigid north so i'm expecting massive rebel flags waving proudly as well as monster trucks roaring in the background as greasy rednecks devour craw fish.

You basically summed up the first 18 years of my life.

Just drink some beer and have fun.

Asila Apr 12th, 2008 09:17 PM

I know it was kicking before what the hell

liquidstatik Apr 12th, 2008 09:22 PM

sup guys :D

liquidstatik Apr 12th, 2008 09:23 PM

i ran out of cigarettes so i'm smoking my grandma's winston ultra light 100s, and i think i'm about to barf :x

Tadao Apr 12th, 2008 09:42 PM

Be careful guys, Gadzooks reads the chat thread and doesn't want to be bored. Cause like he matters and stuff.

Asila Apr 12th, 2008 09:49 PM

I smoked my last one last night and forgot to get anymore. I'd rather be about to barf than twitchy.

liquidstatik Apr 12th, 2008 09:54 PM

i know, right ;_;

Sethomas Apr 12th, 2008 09:58 PM

Asila, you should have added in true I-Mockery parenting form: "To be honest, I only started smoking to cope with the weird cravings that come with pregnancy."

GADZOOKS Apr 12th, 2008 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tadao (Post 548488)
Be careful guys, Gadzooks reads the chat thread and doesn't want to be bored. Cause like he matters and stuff.

"Clever!" I wasn't talking about anymore in here currently. Your insults are incredibly boring, though!

Milhouse, what was the site where you can guess all the countries or states (among other things)? I managed to get most of the continents but when I went to bed I forgot to bookmark it.

Asila Apr 12th, 2008 10:21 PM

Quote:

Asila, you should have added in true I-Mockery parenting form: "To be honest, I only started smoking to cope with the weird cravings that come with pregnancy."
I am now chagrined that I didn't think of this first. In my defense, putting together furniture somehow takes most of my mental energies.

Tadao Apr 12th, 2008 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GADZOOKS (Post 548494)
"Clever!" I wasn't talking about anymore in here currently. Your insults are incredibly boring, though!

Milhouse, what was the site where you can guess all the countries or states (among other things)? I managed to get most of the continents but when I went to bed I forgot to bookmark it.

Cause you like matter and stuff.

GADZOOKS Apr 12th, 2008 10:49 PM

Okay, dude. See yah later.

Sethomas Apr 12th, 2008 11:19 PM

I also sometimes have conversations online with people from my hometown.

CuteGirl: is it bed time yet?
Seth: NO
Seth: it is time for you to drive to bloomington and make out with me.
CuteGirl: why cant YOU drive to noblesville and make out with me???
Seth: because then i won't be able to impress you with the size of my book collection
CuteGirl: thats not exactly the best reason
Seth: then you obviously haven't seen my bookcase in person

I feel like I'm doing something wrong, but I can't tell what it is.

Dr. Octogonopus Apr 12th, 2008 11:31 PM

Hey Seth, have you tried the Bathroom Reader's books? They're full of some pretty interesting facts. Look it up at your bookstore next time you're there. There are a whole bunch of them.

Asila Apr 12th, 2008 11:35 PM

Quote:

Seth: because then i won't be able to impress you with the size of my book collection
CuteGirl: thats not exactly the best reason
Seth: then you obviously haven't seen my bookcase in person
I've used that pickup line in the past :(

Sethomas Apr 12th, 2008 11:38 PM

Actually, yes. That was largely responsible for Seth's Law of Philology as I mentioned earlier, with the fact that they'll explain the best stories for word origins with a beautiful disregard for accuracy.

Actually, I think one of their books stated that the Hundred Year War was started over someone insulting someone else's beard, which, as the post I'm writing for the Philosophy board should indicate, I find a rather charming synopsis of three centuries of Franco-English tension.

Thank you, Uncle John, for removing any possible requirement for thought in Father's Day giving that even fathers can appreciate.

Sethomas Apr 12th, 2008 11:39 PM

lol @ applying penultimate post to antepenultimate post.

Sethomas Apr 12th, 2008 11:40 PM

lol @ using words that only exist in textbooks for Attic Greek grammar.

Tadao Apr 12th, 2008 11:41 PM

I like my current girlfriend, we only have 1 thing in common, we have the same disease. We don't even talk about it, instead we are both talking to each other about different interesting things in our lives that the other has never experienced, nor do they want to.

Sethomas Apr 12th, 2008 11:43 PM

Would that disease happen to be syphilis?

It hurts me to say the obvious retort, but sometimes the pain helps.

Asila Apr 12th, 2008 11:44 PM

lol@ using dictionary.com every day now.

liquidstatik Apr 12th, 2008 11:49 PM

haha, i'm glad i'm not the only one :(

Esuohlim Apr 13th, 2008 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GADZOOKS (Post 548494)

It was http://www.sporcle.com

I'm mad at myself for only being able to guess like five Kevin Bacon movies but about 10 Julia Roberts movies :x

Tadao Apr 13th, 2008 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sethomas (Post 548519)
Would that disease happen to be syphilis?

It hurts me to say the obvious retort, but sometimes the pain helps.

Psychosis :(

Sethomas Apr 13th, 2008 01:01 AM

Guys, maybe I'll explain the addendum to my signature when I am delusional enough to pretend that you're interested. (Read: <4 days.)

Even though this particular form, namely the specific nature of adding the word "imprimi" for precision, has only one (actually rather controversial, apparently) literary occurrence, I knew I had better google it (minus "Seth") to see how many like-minded message board geeks thought it would be funny to add it to their signatures. Apparently, none!

There was, however, one search result that seemed to be sufficiently facetious in its random incorporation of the exact phrase, that I clicked it to make sure it wasn't a message board signature.

Well, let me just tell you, I now have a new favorite website when it comes to finding images that will astonish me by their elegy to the human vagina's capacity for dilation.