I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   I-Mockery Chat (Lube up those lips) (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8799)

executioneer Jul 11th, 2010 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mockery (Post 691722)
Not familiar with Fallout

well i think you should fix this :(

Kitsa Jul 11th, 2010 12:05 PM

I totally would :(

I spent all of yesterday in Put-in-Bay, which is an island off the north Ohio Lake Erie shore. Basically, it's a massive tourist trap during the day and a nonstop party at night. Like, the vending machines in the bathrooms sell 10 different types of condoms and there are entire kiosks devoted to Mardi Gras beads.

You take a jetboat there from the shore, drive around on a golf cart all day, and take a jetboat back to your car. I didn't stay the night...looks like spring break never ends in that place.

Fathom Zero Jul 11th, 2010 12:16 PM

I spent all yesterday at Jungle Jim's. I texted a picture to Facebook about how I wished Kitsa would be there.

Kitsa Jul 11th, 2010 12:27 PM

LITTLE GOOD THAT DOES ME :(

NO ONE ON YOUR FACEBOOK KNOWS OF KITSA.

Kitsa Jul 11th, 2010 12:29 PM

seriously now I want to go to Jungle Jim's. You suck.

Fathom Zero Jul 11th, 2010 12:41 PM

I bought seventy dollars in regional soda and beer. There were a ton of perishables I wanted too, but they wouldn't be able to make it back home.

:(

Fathom Zero Jul 11th, 2010 12:43 PM

AND PEPPERONI PRETZEL BREAD, AS WELL AS CANDY BUTTONS. I forgot those. I tore open the bread the second I stepped out of the store.

:breadjunkie

Kitsa Jul 11th, 2010 12:59 PM

that's why you get a cooler with dry ice, rookie

Sam Jul 11th, 2010 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by executioneer (Post 691704)
h*ll yeah dogg

haha are you still living in willits i could drive you home since it's like 15 min from navarro

Yeah, but it's more like 1 hour away.

Grislygus Jul 11th, 2010 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zhukov (Post 691724)
Any of you fucks want to hang out with me at Hobart's Craft and Quilt Fair? :picklehat

Also the Wooden Boat Festival is coming up soon.

you're turning me down for a craft and quilt fair

dude

that's like telling someone you're gonna have to pass on the party because you want to go to the sawdust festival instead

Sethomas Jul 11th, 2010 03:56 PM

I still have a camel steak from Jungle Jim's that I need to cook and eat. Also: packets of Crema Catalana and lots of popcorn. I was rather disappointed that they didn't have Gringo Bandito hotsauce in/on their hotsauce wire edifice thing.

Kitsa Jul 11th, 2010 07:30 PM

weekend of fire's coming up, seth. Jul 31/Aug 1.

Sethomas Jul 11th, 2010 08:12 PM

Thank God that's the weekend after Pierogi Fest!
http://www.pierogifest.net/

Kitsa Jul 11th, 2010 08:36 PM

Whiting? Waaaaaaait a minute.

Please tell me you're not on the IU campus I think you are :(

Colonel Flagg Jul 11th, 2010 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitsa (Post 691742)
seriously now I want to go to Jungle Jim's. You suck.

I also want to go to Jungle Jim's, but as I live 580 miles away, it's a bit of a hike for a casual roadtrip. I'm reduced to shopping online, or worse, finding merchandise at the local market. :(

Sethomas Jul 11th, 2010 09:09 PM

I'm on the IU campus in Bloomington. The ladyfriend and I are thinking of making a caravan to see a Friday show at Medieval Times in Schaumburg, spend the night somewhere in the Shoreline area, then eat some serious Polish food. Since my girlfriend is in the Eastern European Studies department, everyone is going crazy over this idea.

I don't know if I consider Whiting as part of Indiana. As I explained to the aforementioned when she moved here from New York, "Hoosiers aren't people who live in Indiana, they're people who live between Fort Wayne and Bedford. North of that you have Chicagoans and to the south is the land of brain-eaters."

Colonel Flagg Jul 11th, 2010 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pentegarn (Post 691675)
You forgot to ask him to also bring tastycakes and Gadzooks ice cream

There's none better than Gadzooks Blanc. I pick up a pint every time I find myself at the Wawa. :)

Speaking of sandwiches (which you weren't, but Gus was) Dinic's Roast Pork still makes the best sandwich I've ever had at the Reading Terminal BAR NONE. Just make sure you know what the eff you want at lunchtime. Take too long to order, and you have to get back in line. Not for tourists. ;)

Kitsa Jul 11th, 2010 09:45 PM

Whiting is part of Chicagoland. It's butt-ugly and brain-drained, for the most part, but Chicagoland nonetheless. If the Chicagoland area were Europe, Whiting would be Albania. OHO THE LINGUISTIC PUN. Or maybe part of Poland.

I was mainly concerned that you were teaching at the Northwest campus, in which case I was going to beg you to get out while you still can.

As I don't drive, it's increasingly difficult to get to the jungle :( I mainly have to hop on board other caravans headed south. My dream is to go on a weekday morning, when it's not at all crowded.

Sethomas Jul 11th, 2010 10:30 PM

Belarus works, too! And the Pale of Settlement, if you discount how gentile it is.

Grislygus Jul 12th, 2010 03:59 AM

having just watched Frankenhole for the first time...

i hate fanboys of anything but, by god, if this show continues to have me cracking up this hard... on top of moral orel? shit, the man is just so god damned mother fucking cuntswabbingly FUNNY

Grislygus Jul 12th, 2010 04:00 AM

i refuse to call myself a fanboy, but at this point i could be termed as a loyalist

Sethomas Jul 12th, 2010 04:10 AM

I just shaved with a straight razor. It's something that I've been on again, off again about for a few years but when my electric broke I figured now was a good time.

This time, I did a pretty good job. From here I guess I just have to practice and make it more routine so it's not as time-consuming. The razor itself belonged to my great-grandfather, who sustained himself by hunting with HIS grandfather's Springfield rifle issued during the Civil War. My uncle had both the rifle and the razor for a long time, he too used the same weapon issued to kill rebels to hunt squirrels. HEIRLOOMS.

kahljorn Jul 12th, 2010 06:11 AM

last/first time i tried to use a razor i hurt my face :(

Zhukov Jul 12th, 2010 10:09 AM

I have constant stubble 24/7 and the ladies love it.

Gus, sawdust-fest '09 was a huge letdown, so I would hang wit choo for sure, just don't expect me to get you home/keep you safe. In fact, I'd be relying on you to show me where the fuck I'm supposed to actually go after the party stops. Sleeping in a gutter is no fun when sober.

10,000 Volt Ghost Jul 12th, 2010 10:47 AM

THE PARTY NEVER STOPS